Black excellence

Guest Franklin

Guest Franklin

This is just a public announcement!!!

In our black culture we have to learn to unity, support and care for our dear brothers and sisters! 

Lets continue to set an example for our younger generations so we can break those cycles and chains that are our black have been in FOR yearsssss!

NO more killings 

NO more letting society make decisions for us

NO more letting them oppress us!

its time to be great dear brothers and sisters, I’m tired of what’s going on in this world!

Disclaimer- if you love to write , draw , journal or just dot down notes I think this is for you, show off your blackness and remind yourself how GREAT YOU ARE!  https://www.am*zon.com/dp/B09KN9V9S1?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Guest Franklin, what would it take for you to send people to a Black-owned bookstore to buy your book?

Imagine if I went to your business and told people to go, not just to a competing business, but a competing business whose mission it is destroy your business.

How can we talk about Black Excellence and do what you have just done? 

How about:

NO more going to Black-owned Bookstores and telling people to go to Amazon

How about that dear Brother?

------------

Sorry about that y'all, but I said that to illustrate a point. I get an email or a post like this every day.  I even disallowed the use of the word Amazon this site (in "*" in the word Amazon is inserted by the forum's software)

Even Black people who are purportedly supportive of other Black people, don't have a clue on how to do it. 

We have so much work ahead of us...

• Thanks 1

@Troy, it is sad and unfortunate that our own people are often times the worst enemy when it comes to progress. 

It's not even malice.  Just good ole fashioned ignorance.  Real or imagined, that Willie Lynch letter is working overtime.

This is why it is important to teach our history and pass down culture.  Osmosis doesn't solve everything. 

Some folks aren't going to figure out how to do better.  They have to be taught and shown.  Keep their heads ringing mayne.😎

2 hours ago, Guest Franklin said:

This is just a public announcement!!!

46 minutes ago, Troy said:

Guest Franklin, what would it take for you to send people to a Black-owned bookstore to buy your book?

************************************************************************************

Franklin - if you want to be great, why don't

you start by reading the forum rules about

posting A m a z o n links?

This is not a public service announcement 

at all, this is an ad for a low-content book.

It's nothing but an empty notebook/journal

that isn't getting sales, because there are

thousands of them listed there, since this

is the latest money making scheme, so he

or she is posting about Black greatness on

this forum in order to generate sales.

You are lucky that Troy/Owner/Moderator 

hasn't removed your entire rant/ad.

You probably aren't even Black.

************************************************************************************

25 minutes ago, ProfD said:

It's not even malice.  Just good ole fashioned ignorance. 

Agreed when I get emails I'll sometimes reply the reaction is universally positive.  People say they understand, but I'm not sure if it translates into changed behavior.

3 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

You are lucky that Troy/Owner/Moderator hasn't removed your entire rant/ad.

You probably aren't even Black.

Actually I had not considered the fact that the post was straight up spam (I did not check).  I usually allow these posts if the book looks legit (book cover image and useful description, but I'll remove the hyperlink to Amazon.

Did y'all know, that Amazon does not allow links to other sites?  Did y'all even notice?

Amazon is the antithesis of the what WWW was supposed to be.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Troy said:

Did y'all know, that am*zon does not allow links to other sites?  Did y'all even notice?

@Troy

This is not intended to contradict you but 

A m a z o n allows you to link to your own 

blog or website from your Author's profile 

page.

And of course, you can put whatever 

links you want inside your Kindles.

11 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

This is not intended to contradict

Please, if I'm factually wrong contradict (correct) me -- always.  Opinions are one thing, but facts are well... facts.

Maybe Amazon changed something that I was not aware of. Can you show me an example of hyperlink to an external site on Amazon?

@Mzuri OK to be clear:

This is a hyperlinkhttps://aalbc.com if you click it it will take you to my homepage.  Amazon does not allow hyperlinks

This "link" https://aalbc.com is merely text it is not a hyperlink. You can't click it and be sent to another website. Text is what you find on the page you referenced. Sure one can copy and paste the URL, but this is unnecessarily cumbersome, and few people actually do it.

Amazon discourages people from leaving their website.  All of the largest websites rum by Amazon, Facebook, Google discourage hyperlinks, as well, either through direct policy, as with Facebook's Instagram (save one's profile page) and/or algorithmically.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

@Mzuri OK to be clear:

This is a hyperlinkhttps://aalbc.com if you click it it will take you to my homepage.  am*zon does not allow hyperlinks

This "link" https://aalbc.com is merely text it is not a hyperlink. You can't click it and be sent to another website. Text is what you find on the page you referenced. Sure one can copy and paste the URL, but this is unnecessarily cumbersome, and few people actually do it.

am*zon discourages people from leaving their website.  All of the largest websites rum by am*zon, Facebook, Google discourage hyperlinks, as well, either through direct policy, as with Facebook's Instagram (save one's profile page) and/or algorithmically.

Why does everything need to turn into 

an argument with you. 

I posted a link to the author page, and 

on that author page there are links to 

the author’s website.  

They are clickable hyperlinks.

I am a web developer, I don’t need any

lessons on hyperlinks from you.

Further, that page displays differently

on a desktop than it does on an iphone

or smartphone.  

Do you know about website

responsiveness?

Stop being childish and argumentative 

about every little thing.

It’s no wonder you can’t keep a woman. :(  😞  ❤️ 

11 hours ago, Troy said:

Imagine if I went to your business and told people to go, not just to a competing business, but a competing business whose mission it is destroy your business.

How can we talk about Black Excellence and do what you have just done? 

How about:

NO more going to Black-owned Bookstores and telling people to go to am*zon

How about that dear Brother?

------------

Sorry about that y'all, but I said that to illustrate a point. I get an email or a post like this every day.  I even disallowed the use of the word am*zon this site (in "*" in the word am*zon is inserted by the forum's software)

Even Black people who are purportedly supportive of other Black people, don't have a clue on how to do it. 

We have so much work ahead of us...

🤔

Yeah but.....didn't you show APPROVAL of his message by posting it for him since he wasn't able to do it himself?

Unless you just posted it as an illustration of your point.

On 10/29/2021 at 4:19 PM, Mzuri said:

Why does everything need to turn into an argument with you. 

I posted a link to the author page, and on that author page there are links to the author’s website.  

They are clickable hyperlinks.

I did not know I was arguing.

The page you posted did not have hyperlinks that is why I explained provided the clarification. 

Still, as far as I know, Amazon does not allow hyperlinks to external site - which was the point you refuted, but your example did not prove otherwise.

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Yeah but.....didn't you show APPROVAL of his message by posting it for him since he wasn't able to do it himself?

I have to approve all guest posts.  Some I reject because they are obvious span other I allow.  I took a moment to comment on this guys post because it was illustrative of a what I think is a problem. People coming to a booksellers site a posting links to Amazon.  If Amazon respected by allowing links back to AALBC I might not take such a firm stance.

13 minutes ago, Troy said:

The page you posted did not have hyperlinks that is why I explained provided the clarification. 

@Troy

Are you quite alright?

Because I'm really starting to worry about you.

Do you see the image below.  That's not clickable.  If you go 

to the Author's page on the link that is posted directly below 

this comment I am typing right here, on that Author's page, 

where it says

"BLOG POST COMMUNICATION AND AVAILABILITY"

that is a clickable link that goes to an external website. 

It is located towards the top of the page where it says

"AUTHOR UPDATES"

This is on a desktop view.  It will not display like this on

a phone device.

https://www.am*zon.com/Joshua-D-Nelson/e/B00JHPHXFY/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_ebooks_1

AuthorPage.thumb.jpg.de31b16a3a504dcefe17bed48f78f8c3.jpg

@Troy

I see what you were looking at on that author's page,

but those are not the links I was referring to since

I didn't even look at all of that.  

When you asked me to show you a page that had 

outgoing links, I looked at 10-15 different author 

pages to find one that had them.  By the time I  

found that page that had links on it, I wasn't

trying to dig all through that man's profile page 

to see whether he had inactive links on there.  

I don't know if you recall, but years ago you asked

me to develop websites/myspace pages for your

authors, so I'm fairly certain that you thought I

knew how to make hyperlinks along with all the 

other coding it takes to set that up.

While I think that you are fantastic, sometimes 

you are just a PITA like most men. 

You need to work on that.

@Mzuri, I still have not looked at that guy’s page on my desktop. 

What is a “PITA?”  Nevermind,  I just occurred to me.

Any who, so maybe (I’ll still confirm it) you found an Amazon page with a link to an external website. 

Amazon would still is exercise too much control over Black books.

what you are failing to consider is the fact that i visited a page with unlinked URLs that i thought you apparently  considered hyperlinks. 

i honestly don’t remember asking you to build authors pages. I’m not saying i don’t do it i just don’t remember. At any rate I did not take into account your knowledge of the web — that should have been obvious.

Also consider the fact the many of your previous supporting links did not pan out, so there may have been a bias.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Troy said:

Also consider the fact the many of your previous supporting links did not pan out, so there may have been a bias.

Many???

Man go somewhere!  

It was during the time that I got you all your

MySpace friends.  Remember when you said

some chick approached you at the restaurant

saying she was your online friend.

It was during that time. ❤️ 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m still on my phone but could actually find the link on the Amazon page, but they appear to be links in an RSS feed, which appears to be a slick way to get an external link on Amazon’s site. 

still wouldn’t it best easier if they simply  allowed you to put a link to your website in your bio?