Gap Band Founder Ronnie Wilson Has Passed

************************************************************************************

Ronnie Wilson, who founded the influential

funk group The Gap Band with his brothers,

has passed away at age 73

Gap Band Founder Ronnie Wilson Has Passed

************************************************************************************

What is strange to me about living here in Tulsa is that I hear very little about the GAP Band I work a block away from Greenwood ave and Archer Street which is the G and A the GAP band’s name.

I have not heard about Ronnie’s passing may he RIP.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Troy said:

What is strange to me about living here in Tulsa is that I hear very little about the GAP Band i eork a block away from Greenwood ave and Archer Street which is the G and A the GAP band’s name.

i have not heard about Ronnie’s passing my he RIP.

That's a d8mn shame if there is no landmark in Tulsa especially at Greenwood Ave and Archer St to recognize  the Gap Band as its native sons.   

The city of Washington DC definitely recognizes Chuck Brown (godfather of Go-Go music) with landmarks and an annual celebration of his life and music. 😎

• 3 weeks later...

There is a mural downtown which includes the gap band on Pine street (the “P” in Gap) av portion of the street has been renamed in their honor. I still have not seen Charlie Wilson…

Chuck brown helped to found a musical genre. I clearly remember the first time i heard a go go song that was over 40 years ago 🙂 

23 hours ago, Troy said:

There is a mural downtown which includes the gap band on Pine street (the “P” in Gap) av portion of the street has been renamed in their honor. I still have not seen Charlie Wilson…

A mural is better than nothing. Glad the native sons have been recognized.

Definitely check out uncle Charlie if/when he's performing nearby. The man still has that voice and he puts on a helluva show. 😎