Rev. Michael. Eric. Dyson

Rev.  Michael. Eric. Dyson.  He. Talks. About. Black. Athletes. ,Involved. In. Black. Communities. Social. Justice.   His. Books,,Does,, He. Talk. About. Black. Preachers. In. Prison. For. Raping. Children ,,Murdering. Their. Wives. ,Caught. With. Prostitutes. ,Stealing. ,,Millions. Of. Church. Money. Buying. Rich. Cars. Mansions. ,,Not ,,Caring. About. The. Poverty. In. Poor. Black., Communities....???.The,Church. Is. A. Pimp House. And. A. Slave ,Plantation. Cabin. Preachers. Are. Pimps   ,Slave. Holders. ......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troy said:

@Mzuri (anyone) what do you think about Dyson’s critique of Obama?

Well, I can't stand Obama anymore, although I voted for

him TWICE.  He really hasn't done anything for us Black 

people, and that is probably because he considers

himself as a white person.  

All Obama ever did was push The Affordable Care Act, 

which wasn't so affordable after all, and he put those 

lesbians on the SCOTUS, which gave us gay marriage,

and a bunch of other mess to where we can't even use

a public restroom without possibly encountering some

sort of trans thing. 

On Dyson, I used to agree with whatever he was talking 

about but not lately.  His rant about Lt Gov Sears being  

a racist mouthpiece for white supremacists is absurd

and has no basis.  You can't just accuse people of 

being racist whenever you disagree with their politics.

He needs to assess what he is spewing because his 

credibility is about to be in the toilet.  He comes across

so hateful, deranged, and like he might be in need of 

psychiatric assessment.  

His critique of Obama falls in line with some of the

other Black scholars.  They trashed Obama like a dog

while he was POTUS.  They never really accepted him 

as a Black person, a brotha, that's the real reason why 

they hate him.  They are also jealous of his success

at getting elected president.  

Blaming Obama for giving us Trump is disingenuous, 

because Trump talked about running for president 

for decades.  

30 minutes ago, Delano said:

I'll have to relisten. But I don't think he makes much sense to me.

Exactly.  He sounds like a lunatic.  

Michael Eric Dyson and Cornel West seem to be the leading black intellectuals the media loves to put in front of a hot mic.

Dyson and West are both *smart* guys but they're always talking over the heads of the average person. Also, they talk a lot but don't offer any solutions to problems. 

It never ceases to amaze me what black folks actually expected from former POTUS Barry-O. We don't live in a kingdom or dictatorship where the leader gets to makes decisions unilaterally.

Prez BO was given the keys to drive around the block. But,  he couldn't do anything without it being sanctioned by the real power. 

The POTUS is just an executive who uses government resources to carry out the agenda of the big money folks who put them in the job. 😎

18 hours ago, Mzuri said:

and he put those lesbians on the SCOTUS, which gave us gay marriage, and a bunch of other mess to where we can't even use a public restroom without possibly encountering some sort of trans thing. 

@Mzuri I'm beginning to see that you have a flare for gross exaggeration.  Who are all the lesbians that Obama put on the Supreme Court?  Have you ever encountered a "trans thing" in the ladies room.  Is this truly a concern of yours?

14 hours ago, ProfD said:

Dyson and West are both *smart* guys but they're always talking over the heads of the average person.

Interesting, please describe anything Dyson said in the video I posted that could be construed as talk above someone head?  Have you ever attended a talk given by either West or Dyson?  I have, and in a variety of situations.  Their skill is that they have the ability to adjust how they speak to the people the audience they are addressing.

15 hours ago, ProfD said:

The POTUS is just an executive who uses government resources to carry out the agenda of the big money folks who put them in the job.

And this is the primary problem with our country's political system. 

@Delano here is the full video the one I posted above was just excerpts from a longer talk: 

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Interesting, please describe anything Dyson said in the video I posted that could be construed as talk above someone head?  Have you ever attended a talk given by either West or Dyson?  I have, and in a variety of situations.  Their skill is that they have the ability to adjust how they speak to the people the audience they are addressing.

@Troy, I was not referring to anything Dyson said in the posted video as talking above the average person. 

Whenever I hear Dyson and West speak to the media, maybe for that audience it is a conscientious decision not to go too hard in the paint. 😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

Whenever I hear Dyson and West speak to the media, maybe for that audience it is a conscientious decision not to go too hard in the paint

This is why we need more Black media and Black platforms. Otherwise we are just being misinformed.  White corporate media is not trying to serve Black viewers.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Troy said:

@Mzuri I'm beginning to see that you have a flare for gross exaggeration.  Who are all the lesbians that Obama put on the Supreme Court?  Have you ever encountered a "trans thing" in the ladies room.  Is this truly a concern of yours

How is it a gross exaggeration?

Obama appointed two women to the SCOTUS and 

those are the main ones when it comes to passing

gay and trans rights laws.  Kagan and Sotomayor.  

I can’t be positive of their orientation since I have 

not slept with either of them but Kagan officiates

gay weddings, and the other one seems fruity too.

I have encountered a trans man while entering

into a public restroom in a restaurant and it was

scary.  

It isn’t scary to men because you all aren’t vulnerable

to being overpowered by some weirdo, but women are 

and most of us do not want men dressed as women in

our restrooms.  

There should be a separate restroom just for them.

17 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I have encountered a trans man while entering into a public restroom in a restaurant and it was scary.  

Yes. this is what I mean.  Obviously I can not influence how you feel, but I can't tell you that your concern of being over powered by a transexual person in the ladies room is unfounded.  Have you been reading about a rash of such assaults to warrant such concern?

A woman is more likely to be assaulted by a man in the ladies room than, "some sort of trans thing."  

@Delano yeah Dyson is a fast energetic talker, though his is not nearly as animated for white audiences 🙂

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

I wonder who's going to pay the cost of adding another bathroom to every building. 

No one is gonna do this, as it is unnecessary.  This whole bathroom argument is silly to me.  Many places use a single bathroom that anyone can use.  Larger rest rooms have stalls.  @ProfD are you so concerned when using a urinal next to a gay dude?  

What is wrong with y'all 😃

2 hours ago, Troy said:

Yes. this is what I mean.  Obviously I can not influence how you feel, but I can't tell you that your concern of being over powered by a transexual person in the ladies room is unfounded.  Have you been reading about a rash of such assaults to warrant such concern?

I am always leery of public restrooms anyway.  

Especially if it’s down some long corridor in a 

hospital or office building.  

Why do you keep on defending the trans thing?

The whole point I was making is that all of this 

was brought on by Obama and the lesbos he 

put on the SCOTUS.

People with penises need to take their behinds 

to the men’s room!

2 hours ago, Mzuri said:

Why do you keep on defending the trans thing?

You brought (see below) this up and I'm looking for anything to justify the statement...

On 11/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, Mzuri said:

All Obama ever did was push The Affordable Care Act, which wasn't so affordable after all, and he put those lesbians on the SCOTUS, which gave us gay marriage, and a bunch of other mess to where we can't even use a public restroom without possibly encountering some sort of trans thing. 

You brought it up as a consequence of the lesbians Obama put on the supreme court.  Who are these lesbians anyway that "gave us gay marriage?"  I thought the court decisions were based upon a majority...

12 hours ago, Troy said:

@ProfD are you so concerned when using a urinal next to a gay dude?  

What is wrong with y'all 😃

Absolutely not. I have zero problem holding my own regardless of the place or setting.😁

So, the bathroom thing is a non-issue to me. I merely offered the port-a-potty as a solution to the concerned.😁 😎

18 hours ago, Troy said:

You brought it up as a consequence of the lesbians Obama put on the supreme court.  Who are these lesbians anyway that "gave us gay marriage?"  I thought the court decisions were based upon a majority...

Why do you continue to ask me who the lesbians are,

when I already answered you.

They are part of the Supreme Court’s Liberal section,

which is why Obama appointed them.

It’s not as if he would have appointed a Conservative.

😞

• 1 month later...

Thanks to You Tube and C SPAN I have been able to hear Professor Dyson speak on numerous occasions. I have read articles by him as well. I'm not sure what's going on with him. I think he was more articulate and insightful in the past than he sounds lately. 

Perhaps, but consider the sources (how videos are edited, potential biases, and when video were recorded, which is often different that when they were posted on YouTube).

If there was a video when he was particularly inarticulate recently please share it here.