Eric Adams Mayor of New York City

************************************************************************************

@Delano

This mayor is about to have a mess on his hands.

He wants to do some things to fight the rampant 

crime in NYC, but BLM is opposed.

From the Daily Mail:

BLM leaders, including co-founder Hawk Newsome, 
got into a shouting match with NYC Mayor-Elect 
Adams during closed-door sit-down Wednesday

NYC Mayor-Elect Adams Brushes Off BLM Threat

************************************************************************************

9 hours ago, ProfD said:

Mayor-Elect Adams is former police Captain so I expect law enforcement will get his full support.

BLM might as well take several seats if they even think they're going to keep the incoming mayor and NYPD from handling their business. 😎

I just saw Adams on the news where he talked about

upholding his campaign promise to make NYC a safe 

place to be.  The way he speaks inspires confidence,

so I am hopeful the conditions there will be improved.

The city needs to return to the policy of stop and frisk.  

It may infringe on people’s rights, but things are worse

now than they were when Mayor Giuliani implemented

stop and frisk.

The madness of assaults, pushing people into moving 

subway trains, shootings, etc. needs to stop.  

And the perps need to stay in jail, not get released

back to the streets to reoffend.

It is incomprehensible why Mayor de Blasio allowed

things to get so bad.

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

The city needs to return to the policy of stop and frisk.  It may infringe on people’s rights, but things are worse

now...

That stop and frisk policy was  disproportionately applied to people of color.

NYC didn't use stop and frisk to shake down mafia associates who are criminals and some of whom are bona-fide killers. 😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

Absolutely and it also resulted in the unnecessary detainment and even arrest of a disproportionate number of Black people -- usually men.

Have you even been stopped by the police for no apparent reason and had you car searched -- I have.  It is always, "we were looking for someone fitting your description."  Once, while having my car searched, I complained about the number of times I'd been pulled over to a sympathetic looking police office (a Black Hispanic woman) and she gave me the same line.  Then over the police radio someone said they pulled over the suspect driving a car like mine.  She said "see," I said "OK" the three police cars that had me hemmed up took off.  

But I know plenty of young men who were stopped for no other reason other than walking down the street!  One of my neighbors a good kid was actually arrested -- for not having a form of identification -- a teenager!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

NYC didn't use stop and frisk to shake down mafia associates who are criminals and some of whom are bona-fide killers. 😎

Police didn’t stop and frisk mobsters because those 

guys are riding around in their fancy mob cars, not

walking down the street bothering innocent victims.

I could be wrong, but don’t mobsters kill each other 

for being snitches, like what is depicted in movies?

When is the last time you heard about a mobster 

robbing or assaulting somebody walking down

the street.

If I am the police, I’m going to stop and frisk the

crazy looking negro with his pants hanging down

and his drawers exposed before I worry about

searching a mafioso.

And while I am on this topic, Black people need to

straighten up and stop living a life of crime.  Young 

men (and women as well) need more guidance and

mentorship so that they can become law-abiding,

contributing members of society.

If they are lacking mentorship, they need to do the 

right thing, straighten themselves out, and figure 

out another path.  

Being gangsters, thugs, and criminals is for the birds.

15 minutes ago, Troy said:

Then over the police radio someone said they pulled over the suspect driving a car like mine. 

@Troy

I am sorry that happened to you but you do 

look like one of those baby-face killers.

What kind of car was it?

A Volvo?

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Have you even been stopped by the police for no apparent reason and had you car searched -- I have.  It is always, "we were looking for someone fitting your description." 

Yep.  Even in the chocolate city of DC, at the height of the drug epidemic, police would stop and search us for no good reason.  I have been there and done that back in the day. 

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

Police didn’t stop and frisk mobsters because those guys are riding around in their fancy mob cars, not walking down the street bothering innocent victims.

I could be wrong, but don’t mobsters kill each other for being snitches, like what is depicted in movies?

When is the last time you heard about a mobster robbing or assaulting somebody walking down the street.

Being gangsters, thugs, and criminals is for the birds.

Interesting that mobsters driving fancy cars get a pass to assault and kill in "doing business".  Still, their victims were "innocent" people to the extent that they had not be tried and convicted in court by a jury of their peers.  Even then, mobsters weren't appointed to be executioners either.

Mobsters...I wonder where aimless n8gglets got the bright the idea to assault and kill and commit crimes.😀 😎

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

I am sorry that happened to you but you do look like one of those baby-face killers.

Sure to white police officers, in a tense situation, every Black face is a potential threat.

I was in Crown Heights, Brooklyn on my way to get fitted for a tux for a wedding I was in.  I was driving a green Chrysler mini-van, with another Brother who was also in the wedding.

Speaking of "n8gglets got the bright the idea to assault and kill and commit crimes," one of the youngin's from my neighborhood was murdered recently in Harlem.  The Brother's name was "Alpo." I watched a documentary about him I had no idea he was responsible for so many murders.... They were not all in the life either, one was the little brother of one of his associates 😞  I guess the 'hood never forgets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troy said:

Speaking of "n8gglets got the bright the idea to assault and kill and commit crimes," one of the youngin's from my neighborhood was murdered recently in Harlem.  The Brother's name was "Alpo." I watched a documentary about him I had no idea he was responsible for so many murders.... They were not all in the life either, one was the little brother of one of his associates 😞  I guess the 'hood never forgets.

Yep. Alpo brought his BS to DC and made a lot of enemies here too.  No telling how many folks wanted to put him in the dirt.  Knowing that, it makes no sense that he didn't continue to lay low in Maine under the witness protection program.  Oh well...he was about that life and the ending too. 😎

Yeah I'm glad those days are largely behind us.  You up on Azie Faison.  He was shot 9 times twice in the head before he got out the game -- an amazing story...

Click for a larger image of Game Over: The Rise and Transformation of a Harlem Hustler

Game Over: The Rise and Transformation of a Harlem Hustler
by Agyei Tyehimba

Publication Date: 
List Price: $18.99
Format: Paperback, 288 pages
Classification: Nonfiction
ISBN13: 9780743282314
Imprint: Atria Books
Publisher: Simon & Schuster, Inc.
Parent Company: CBS Corporation

29 minutes ago, Troy said:

Yeah I'm glad those days are largely behind us.  You up on Azie Faison.  He was shot 9 times twice in the head before he got out the game -- an amazing story...

Yep.  Unfortunately, I'm up on on all that sh8t.  In hindsight, those days were hectic but in real time it just flowed. 😎

6 hours ago, ProfD said:

Yep.  Even in the chocolate city of DC, at the height of the drug epidemic, police would stop and search us for no good reason.  I have been there and done that back in the day. 

Interesting that mobsters driving fancy cars get a pass to assault and kill in "doing business".  Still, their victims were "innocent" people to the extent that they had not be tried and convicted in court by a jury of their peers.  Even then, mobsters weren't appointed to be executioners either.

Mobsters...I wonder where aimless n8gglets got the bright the idea to assault and kill and commit crimes.😀 😎

Do you want a safe environment where you and 

your family can walk down the street, sit in the 

park, and maybe shoot some hoops?

If the answer is, “Yes” then you do not need to

worry about any mobsters 

• 2 weeks later...

The election of retired NYPD Lt. Eric Adams proved one sold thing:

The Progressives who fronted the failed "Defund the Police" slogan were completely off the mark. Because that is not what they really meant.

What they actually wanted was a shift in police funding priorities to include a social service counseling component.

But as in many social protest cases, the loudest and the most disagreeable of the loudmouths won out.

In actually, most people in this country want and need good police. Blacks just don't want racist or brutal police and I believe many Latinos feel the same way.

Our political side is just horrible at messaging and that Defund the Police slogan cost the Democrats handily. 

• Like 1

@Stefan, you're right.

Defund was definitely the wrong word to use in police reform.

The messaging should have emphasized reallocating funds to social services and community outreach and other initiatives.

Building a partnership between the police and community they've been sworn to serve and protect will in turn eliminate any animosity between them and reduce crime.

I believe the high profile murders committed by race soldiers has opened up a dialog that will lead to better policing in the future. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 2:46 AM, Stefan said:

The election of retired NYPD Lt. Eric Adams proved one sold thing:

The Progressives who fronted the failed "Defund the Police" slogan were completely off the mark. Because that is not what they really meant.

What they actually wanted was a shift in police funding priorities to include a social service counseling component.

But as in many social protest cases, the loudest and the most disagreeable of the loudmouths won out.

In actually, most people in this country want and need good police. Blacks just don't want racist or brutal police and I believe many Latinos feel the same way.

Our political side is just horrible at messaging and that Defund the Police slogan cost the Democrats handily. 

This is a good point that is being lost on many leftists protesting against racism and right wingers talking about law and order. Black people don't want to defund the police because they think police won't be available when needed. Any discussion of social spending needs to be separate from police reform.

• Like 1

People are running around doing enough dumb sh8t in crimes that require police intervention. They are safe from from being defunded.

Police reform is easy. Hire police officers who look like the communities they serve.

Do not drop a racist cop in an area  predominantly inhabited by people of color. 😎

• Thanks 1

We have to be able to assume police departments don’t put racist on the streets. That is where the problem starts. I believe there are so called “race soldiers “ in police departments across the country, and i believe I’ve encountered a few.

After that i don’t think it should matter what the cop looks like

• 4 weeks later...

Troy

The problem starts with assuming that White officers aren't racists UNTIL they prove themselves to be.

It should be the other way around.

A White cop should be presumed racist UNTIL they have proven themselves to be otherwise....over a PROLONGED period of time.

Infact, we should take this position about White people in general.
You should presume that they are racist until they have proven themselves....atleast in action....not to be.

A new year, but nothing changes in NYC: 
Woman in her 40s is stabbed to death in 
Queens and becomes Big Apple's first 
homicide of the year on Eric Adams' 
first day in office

Woman in her 40s is stabbed to death in Queens

2 hours ago, Mzuri said:

A new year, but nothing changes in NYC: 

Big Apple's first homicide of the year on Eric Adams' first day in office

Woman in her 40s is stabbed to death in Queens

Neither a change in leadership nor a New Year puts a moratorium on stupidity, ignorance, violence and murder.

Unfortunately, it's business as usual when it comes to folks killing each other all over this country. No exception. 😎

As long as racist Caucasians are running this nation and this world...don't expect for any ONE mayor to change this and improve the situation.
They (the racist Caucasians) MADE the conditions by which there is so much crime, violence, and poverty not just in New York but around the planet.
They did this on purpose to cause chaos and confusion and desparation.

More crime means more police and more excuses to lock up people and used them for cheap labor as well as an excuse to jack up the prices in certain neighborhoods and make you PAY for your own safety.

The irony of being an AfroAmerican politician is that they are powerless in the grand scheme of things. 

It's reminds me of a Chess game.  A pawn is expendable until it's lucky enough to become a more powerful piece.  In order to do so, it has to matriculate to the far end of the board which is no easy feat.

Knowing that AfroAmericans have no real agenda in America, they're allowed to become politicians because they cannot make  any changes that benefit themselves and/or upset the apple cart of white supremacy. 

NF Jr. brilliantly articulated it when discussing former POTUS Obama.  The most hilarious part was when he said if/when white folks decided they were tired of him being POTUS, they could have walked into his office, stripped him of his title and relegated him to being a  janitor, 😄 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that AfroAmericans should not aspire to higher political offices.  I think they should be realistic about the challenges they face and the bidding they will do.

I wish Mayor Eric Adams well in leading NYC.  It's been a few decades since they've allowed an AfroAmerican to sit in that chair. 😎

Sorry to read about the woman being stabbed to death, but as @ProfD wrote, "...a change in leadership nor a New Year puts a moratorium on stupidity, ignorance, violence and murder."

New's York City Murder rate continues to increase the highest in about 10 years. Philadelphia, a much smaller city have over 500 murders last year!  WTF!

https://www.newsweek.com/eric-adams-says-cooks-dishwashers-dont-have-academic-skills-sit-corner-office-1665609

The comment Mayor Eric Adams made in the linked article will make  him look arrogant and condescending. 

Not the best way to gain the respect and trust of the workforce and people in the city he serves

He's still new to the job.  I'd imagine his PR folks will polish him up a bit.😄 😎

On 1/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, ProfD said:

The comment Mayor Eric Adams made in the linked article will make him look arrogant and condescending. 

@ProfD

That comment was not very well thought out, 

especially when so many college-educated 

people have taken menial jobs, or side-hustles,

for whatever reason.  

Even before COVID, people either didn't have 

other options, or some of those menial jobs 

could be better paying than the typical white-

collar jobs that degreed people usually have.

And some people just don't like working in a 

cubicle or office, they would rather deal with 

people or be outdoors or whatever.

You can't assume that people are dumb or 

uneducated based only on the job they have.

This new mayor needs to think and do more, 

and talk less so that he doesn't put his foot 

in his mouth.

A city like NYC has too many people to try 

to put them into some box of preconceived 

notions.

It looks like more of the same corruption with 

Mayor Adams.

Eric Adams taps his BROTHER as NYPD deputy 
commissioner with a $240,000-a-year salary

Keeping it in the family

41 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

It looks like more of the same corruption with Mayor Adams.

Eric Adams taps his BROTHER as NYPD deputy commissioner with a $240,000-a-year salary

Reads like a serious case of nepotism but not corruption considering it's in the news. 😎

It is clear Adam's, despite with the Major's seat, will not be loved by the media.  They seems to have it out for him. 

"Low skilled" was the right term, he not talking about teachers, or surgeons, he was talking about dishwashers.  

No amount of PR "polishing" can fix deliberate and unabated media assassination.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

"Low skilled" was the right term, he not talking about teachers, or surgeons, he was talking about dishwashers.  

Some folks work their way through school as dishwashers, waiters and waitresses.

They do have the intelligence and/or academic credentials to sit in a corner office.

I've spent decades working with folks in corner offices. Some of them leave much to be desired in the intelligence department.

In fact, I doubt some office workers are qualified to be dishwashers. 😁😎

12 hours ago, Troy said:

will not be loved by the media

He won't be loved by anybody if he keeps on 

insulting people.

Even dumb people don't like it when somebody 

tells them they are dumb.

And hardworking people don't like to be told 

that they are lazy.

This dude probably should have stayed out 

of politics because his people skills are 

sorely lacking.

9 hours ago, ProfD said:

Some folks work their way through school as dishwashers, waiters and waitresses.

Exactly. 

They are working their way through school 

and sometimes they do it as a side hustle

during their career to supplement their

income.  

This work is nothing to be ashamed of. 

I have done it and I don't appreciate people

who would put someone else down because

they work in the service industry.

That mayor could 🤬

18 hours ago, ProfD said:

hey do have the intelligence and/or academic credentials to sit in a corner office.

Right, Eric was referring to the job not the person. i worked as a dishwasher on Wall Street and 20 years later would be an office worker in the same area. 

The brother that got me the job was also a dishwasher. Years later we Often encounter each other at professionally events as corporate professionals.

Washing dishes was a low skill job. It was also one of the most difficult jobs I ever had.

7 hours ago, Troy said:

Washing dishes was a low skill job.

Washing dishes is a low skill job, but that doesn't 

mean the person doing that job has no other skills.

That is what Mayor Adams doesn't seem to get

with his blanket statements about how certain

workers couldn't be productive in a corner office.

Just like waiting tables might be considered as 

low skill, but you need people skills in a job like 

that, if you plan on earning TIPS and having 

happy customers.

There are people in corporate jobs and other 

white collar positions that aren't even good at  

dealing with people, and that is one of the

most important/valuable skills you can have. 

NYC has a Mayor that ran a great campaign, 

but he lacks people skills and he probably 

can't wash dishes either.