Michigan Secretary of State Candidate

Looks like an AfroAmerican young lady has thrown her hat into the ring:

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2021/10/trump-endorsed-kristina-karamo-leads-fundraising-among-republican-sos-candidates-but-trails-benson.html

She's already been endorsed by the former POTUS. 

I doubt that she will become Michigan Secretary of State. But, I'd imagine the GOP will find a landing spot for her if she stays the course. 😎

• Like 1

Many AfroAmericans are learning that if they're willing to tow the party line and parrot the right-wing rhetoric of the Republican party....they can actually rise MUCH QUICKER in the ranks of the Republican Party than in the Democrat Party today.....simply because the Republicans in power would RATHER use a Black face to push their racism and fascism.

If there's anything these right-wing racists love better than doing evil.....it's being able to do even AND GETTING BLACK FOLKS TO TAKE THE BLAME for their wicked behavior.

If they can find a Black man/woman willing to push the SAME racist and elitist policies they have traditionally promoted, they'd MUCH rather have them because a Black politicians is less likely to be called a racist and confronted AND they can and are used to keep the other "Nigraz" in check.

Since the beginning of time, some people have been willing to do anything for profit at the expense of their soul. 

Granted, there are some folks who truly believe in the BS they've been sold and will happily sell it to others. 

As it relates to AfroAmericans, there will always be those who believe the ice is colder on the other side. 😎

43 minutes ago, Troy said:

So, if you are white and republicans you are a racist, and if you are Black and republican you are a soulless sellout?  Does that sound right?

If you are Black and republican, then you are considered as a white supremacist.

7 hours ago, Troy said:

So, if you are white and republicans you are a racist, and if you are Black and republican you are a soulless sellout?  Does that sound right?

No. That would be painting with too broad a brush. 

6 hours ago, Mzuri said:

If you are Black and republican, then you are considered as a white supremacist.

That's impossible. 😁

Human beings do not fit into a couple of boxes when it comes to their thoughts, beliefs, values,, etc. 😎

15 hours ago, ProfD said:

No. That would be painting with too broad a brush.

I agree.

I don’t believe being a  Republican automatically means you are a racist, regardless of your skin color. 

There are plenty of people in both parties who marginalize Black people and their businesses.

We have move two parties, but not enough people choose those candidates. 

would it matter anyway? lobbyists would just buy out those politicians too.

The system, as it is set up, is completely broken. OK and TX were gerrymandered, eliminating any influence from non-republicans.

25 minutes ago, Troy said:

We have move two parties, but not enough people choose those candidates.

...lobbyists would just buy out those politicians too.

The system, as it is set up, is completely broken.

Agreed. Until big money lobbyists are removed from politics, the whole thing is a shell game and two sides of the same coin. 

Fixing the broken system requires the will of the American people. That's a tall order as long as they're able to keep folks divided, dazed and confused with the two party BS, er, charade. 😎

• Like 1

Money will not be removed from politics easily. The system is too ingrained with favoritism. And at the moment, the winds favor those who favor Fascism.

All Republicans are not racists. All Republican voters are not racist. Many simply deem the GOP more financially responsible and leaning more towards their personal moral code. This is not necessarily true in all instances. I am also speaking from personal experience.

That is simply the way it is. Many Blacks who support the GOP do so because they've reached an income or reputation level where their economic or social success appears to dictate a rightward tilt. Or they are simply self-hating and think they are superior to their own.

Do you recall when I claimed that Trump was increasing his level of support among Blacks for the 2020 election? How many responded with howls of derision and invective?

Stop thinking I don't know what I'm talking about. 

The problem with too many Blacks is that they dismiss the most extreme of some Leftist positions and defend indefensible behavior. If you favor children being introduced to sex, homosexuality, lesbianism by people who are not their parents, guardians or caregivers, understand many are going to have a problem with that. Only parents or caregivers should decide what their children should believe. You do not have that right or permission.

If you keep silent about these folks arriving enmass to commit smash and grab crimes in malls, shops and retail stores, then take notice that the news media will continue showcasing these videos which tend to harden the attitudes of the anti-crime and law enforcement supporting crowd. Not to mention those who wish for pricey material things, but may be content to wait until they either have the funds or choose to do without. 

If you make excuses for inner city gun violence while only screaming about police brutality you are part of the continuing demise of the Black Race. I don't care how much money can be made by selling or controlling the sale or distribution of illegal substances - whose people pay the biggest price in the end?

The Left is divided into several camps.

1) A group of well-meaning, sober thinking and introspective activists, analysts and thinkers

2) Wide-eyed angry folks bent on revenge

3) And of course, the immature, impatient and over-confident folks who label themselves Progressives. 

Sprinkle in the envious, the supremely ignorant and the out-of-touch and that's the world most of us face.

And by the way, the reason I create memes (because I came to this genre late - I was a new writer and editor, afterall), is because some things are better left unsaid, but illustrated. Don't worry, I actually have found a forum where my illustrations are readily accepted. 

I just discovered while battling bunch of White Supremacists on a few news forums in the run-up to the War against the Iraqi People, that the best way to silence an irritating knucklehead is to humiliate them before onlookers. And humor works best. It gets lurkers on your side, they comment favorably, you keep it going and then WHAM! You clobber the dummies. 

You don't have to take my word for it. Personally, I could care less. I've always believed the fact that I was always able to articulate my positions well in word and speech proved that I am no slouch. 

14 hours ago, Stefan said:

Don't worry, I actually have found a forum where my illustrations are readily accepted. 

Stefan, this is the second time that I've read a post of yours implying that your memes are not welcomed here.  Am I mis reading you? If not why do you feel that way?

14 hours ago, Stefan said:

If you make excuses for inner city gun violence while only screaming about police brutality you are part of the continuing demise of the Black Race.

First you have to accept the fact the without a strong Black news platform you really don't know what Black people are screaming about.  White corporate media loves to cover outrage over police killings and they should, but they rarely coverage Black outrage over Black crimes.  Maybe they want to come across as "woke."

Where crime is bad there are always Black people expressing outrage, they are just not gonna trend on Twitter or make the evening news.

Troy, kindly stop your ad hominen personal attacks and understand that I could care less what you think. You made it clear long, long ago that you surmised I was a former nemesis who returned to haunt you. Trust me, I'm not.

You were never impressed with me until I related to you that I attended Brooklyn Tech. I despair of folks who resort to personal attacks and refuse to deal with the realization that not everyone is going to agree with you. BTW, I am not on Twitter. 

And this is not a strong news platform. Don't try to patronize me. I spent 26 years as a Journalist, the last ten as a Senior News Editor in charge of my newsroom for the morning edition. Both  morning and P.M. editions for three months out of the year. It published news and features about investments, mergers and acquisitions by venture capital and private equity firms. I had access to a bevy of news websites, wire services and access to several federal transportation officials. 

You're fussing with a guy who tracked down his Marine Sgt. son in the middle of a shooting war in Iraq at the behest of his worried Mom. The incident was highlighted by two Journalism professors at Columbia to showcase how the Internet, expertise in Journalism and a cool personality could be used for practically anything in a short time. 

Do you want to know why this discussion forum is dead? It's obvious. You don't want discussion.

You want an "Amen" corner.

I didn't knuckle under to my White bosses or the young racist twits I supervised who had Master's Degrees from Ivy League universities. And I was still able to get former White colleagues hired. You don't scare me. No one does. 

Your main goal is to sell books. Congratulations! May it go well with you. I don't wish anyone bad. I want all to thrive and be successful. Even those who don't care for me. 

Outside of Journalism, teaching and portrait photography were my things. Stop getting personal. I actually had believed you were better than this. I do know what is most important to Black people, but not what most are discussing. I am older and pay little attention to what a lot of younger Black people say. 

Talk is cheap. And mostly full of erroneous opinions, slanted views and voices and emotions tinged with disappointment or vengeance. I was also a moderator on Black issue forums. 

I don't work any more. I'd rather volunteer. I only write to keep the neurons moving.  I stay close to home to avoid people who may not be vaccinated and refuse to wear masks. I also try to keep a sense of humor. Because it has served me well.

I am not going to allow Hate or personal insults to change me. I hope they never do. 

Now, if my response angers you or anyone else, you can remove from your website. It's life. 

Oh, yeah, about that much more Blacks love Trump than we think thing:

Get a load of this:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/29/judge-jan-6-defendant-broadway-actor-523447

James Beeks.jpg

22 hours ago, Stefan said:

Money will not be removed from politics easily. The system is too ingrained with favoritism. 

Agreed. The current  two party system does a great job in keeping Americans divided.

It's not until about 40 million American voters come up an agenda that pulls folks from the far-right and far-left together somewhere in the middle to form a truly Independent party.

I'm not looking for a movement  that merely drives votes to either Democrats or Republicans but a legitimate Independent party willing to serve all Americans. 😎

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Troy, kindly stop your ad hominen personal attacks and understand that I could care less what you think. You made it clear long, long ago that you surmised I was a former nemesis who returned to haunt you. Trust me, I'm not.

Please explain how I attacked you personally.  Actually if you don't mind, just copy and paste the words you construed as "ad hominem."  

I definitely do not know what you are talking about with regard to "...former nemesis who returned to haunt you."  The only former nemesis was not a true forum participant they were straight up trolls.  I do not not think, nor did I ever suggest, you were in this class. 

I asked you why you think your memes are not wanted when I said that the exact opposite is true.  Why are you so sensitive?

Do you want to know why this discussion forum is dead? It's obvious. You don't want discussion.

You want an "Amen" corner.

Oh please, you clearly don't know what you are talking about, and because it is so absurd  it is not worth the effort to explain it to you.  

Now, if my response angers you or anyone else, you can remove from your website. It's life. 

Again, anyone who as paid attention to this forum, for more than 5 minutes, knows how ridiculous what you wrote above is. 

I was also a moderator on Black issue forums. 

Which one?

@ProfD, you've been here more than 5 minutes, based upon what you know is the anything that would leave you to believe that I would removed anything that Stefan has posted?  If you decline to answer I'll understand, but I simply do not know where Stefan is getting these ideas.  I'm inclined not to believe he is even serious.

-----------------

Speaking of tech @Stefan did you know @Mel Hopkins went there?

11 hours ago, Troy said:

@ProfD, you've been here more than 5 minutes, based upon what you know is the anything that would leave you to believe that I would removed anything that Stefan has posted?  If you decline to answer I'll understand, but I simply do not know where Stefan is getting these ideas.  I'm inclined not to believe he is even serious.

@Troy, as I'm reading @Stefan posts, I'm wondering what's going on around here because I haven't seen an ad hominem attack nor an "amen corner".

I just figured maybe you guys have a history that predates my showing up and plopping down in this comfortable armchair.😁

Whatever the issue(s) are between @Troyand @Stefan, I hope they can be resolved and we can continue solving, er, pontificating on the topics of discussion. I value both of your contributions to the forum.

@Stefan,  the memes are totally on point. Like you, I believe humor is great for the soul and highly effective in communication. 

To that end, I hope the regular forum  contributors aren't still hung over from their Thanksgiving meals and will return to the discussions as well. 😁😎

• Like 1

• 1 month later...