Interracial online dating

The on-going saga of Chris Lee...

ht_chrislee_gawker_ll_110209_main.jpg

...leads to some interesting news about attitudes on interracial dating.

The married New York congressman resigned this week when it was revealed that he had been trolling for love online.

It turns out the prospective craiglist date who outed him after she Googled his real identity is a fetching mixed-race woman (she describes herself as "black-Irish").

yesha-callahan_craigslist-babe_rep-chris-lee_shirtless-photo_busted-225x300.jpg

She has a blog called "Fly Black Chick," where she has addressed the episode with verve.

In commenting on the story, Zennie Abraham

abraham.jpg

cites a new study about the racial preferences of online daters. From the press release:

New research from the University of California, Berkeley, suggests that when it comes to dating, cyberspace is as segregated as the real world. Data gathered from more than 1 million profiles of singles looking for love online show that whites overwhelmingly prefer to date members of their own race, while blacks, especially men, are far more likely to cross the race barrier in hopes of being struck by Cupid’s arrow.

The study comes from UC Berkeley's “Online Relationship Lab." Only at Berkeley.

The story just got much weirder: the same website that outed Lee now says that he was also advertising on craigslist for transsexuals and cross-dressers. The evidence they present for this latest twist is vapor thin, however.

Kola, if it helps, the IP addresses from where the last two posts were made are identical.

Troy, I'm not surprised that they are---are YOU?

That doesn't mean shit.

I changed my passwords on here and on Facebook where my page

was also broken into as you suggested in our email exchange.

I don't understand WHY I would make a post calling myself a hermaphrodite.

Do you or anyone else??

:angry: