Oprah. Winfrey. Tyler. Perry

Another. White. Police. Officer. On. Trial. For. Murdering. A. Black,Man. White. Police. Officer. Claims. She. Was. Reaching. For.Her,  Taser. Gun. But. Got. Her. Pistol. She. Was. Fake. Crying. ,,Like. She. Was. Upset. She. Was. Acting.  Instead Of The. ,Irritating ,Black.Entertainment. Drama. Shows. On. Oprah. Winfrey. ,Tyler- Perry.   Should. ,Show, On. Oprah. Winfrey. Network.   Racist. White,Police. Fired. For. Being. Klan. Members. Racist. White. Police,On. Tape. Saying. The. N. Word. Nigger Loud. And. Proud.,Interview. White. Police. Asking. Them. Why. They. Do. Not,Choke. To. Death. Or. Shoot. White. Terrorist. Men. White. ,Terrorist. With. Guns. In. The. Streets. .Neo. Nazi. In. The. Military ,Neo. Nazi. In. The. Coast. Guard. National. Guard. Racist. White ,Politicians. .Talk. About. Black. People. Missing. ,Black. Preachers,In,Prison. For. Raping. Children. ,Murdering. Their. Wives,Black. Preachers. Stealing. Millions. Of. Church. Money. Not,Trying. To. Uplift. Poor. Black. Communities. Why. NAACP ,Black,Politicians. Black. Church. Do. Not. Try. To. Stop. Black,Genocide.  Street. Gangs. Slaughtering. Black. People. In. The,Streets. Crack. Houses. Pimp. Houses . Do. She. Really. Own,Her,Network. ??????

• Like 1

Great question @harry brown.  The short answer is not really.

Black folks might own the network or media companies but they don't own the bandwidth on which it operates. It's the equivalent of owning a house but not the land on which it sits.

The OWN network belongs to Oprah. Perry owns the production company responsible for the TV shows and movies he produces.

Neither one of them owns the cable outlet, broadcast networks or movie theaters. So, to that extent, they're on a short leash in the content they can provide.

IMO, that is why we do not see any programming that fully puts white supremacy and the crimes they commit against us on blast.

So, black folks are left depending on their system to right any wrongs and/or transgressions against us. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, harry brown said:

Another. White. Police. Officer. On. Trial. For. Murdering. A. Black,Man. White. Police. Officer. Claims. She. Was. Reaching. For.Her,  Taser. Gun. But. Got. Her. Pistol. She. Was. Fake. Crying. ,,Like. She. Was. Upset. She. Was. Acting. 

************************************************************************************

Police.  Brutality. 

And.  Racism. 

Is.  Real. 

But.  People.  Need. 

To.  Stop. 

Resisting.  Arrest.  

And.  Acting. 

Crazy.  Towards. 

The.  Police.  

Because. 

The.  Police. 

Will. 

Kill. 

You.

************************************************************************************

• Like 1

You’re speaking Harry language 😉

but we’ve seen cases where resisting was not a factor.

Sometimes resisting is harder given stress and constant pressure.

Have you ever snapped at someone , or over reacted in a situation, only to regret it and even apologize for it later.

Unfortunately some of us are unfortunate enough do that in the presence of the police and lose our lives over it….

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troy said:

You’re speaking Harry language 😉

but we’ve seen cases where resisting was not a factor.

Sometimes resisting is harder given stress and constant pressure.

Have you ever snapped at someone , or over reacted in a situation, only to regret it and even apologize for it later.

Unfortunately some of us are unfortunate enough do that in the presence of the police and lose our lives over it….

@Troy

Of course resisting is not always a factor, but it is in 

most cases where people have been shot. 

You've seen the videos of how some people behave

towards the police, trying to fight and carrying on.

But I saw a news story where a white lady was shot 

to death by police while she was standing next to her

car doing nothing.  It was a traffic stop situation, she

had exited her vehicle, and it looked like she was shot

for no apparent reason. 

That episode is stuck in my head on the topic of police

brutality, it scares me to think that cops might shoot

me for target practice.

If I encounter the police, I do not argue with them.

If one ever did anything inappropriate,  I would report

it later on. 

In the meanwhile, I just hope they leave me alone.

A routine traffic stop should never end up with an unarmed and innocent person being killed  by a police officer.

Supposedly, police officers receive extensive situational awareness training especially as it relates to life and death. 

Unfortunately, there are bad apples who are motivated to join the police force for the wrong reasons.

Bad police officers can only be  weeded out through better psychological examinations and/or their colleagues indentifying those who slipped through the cracks.

As citizens, the best we can do is be as polite as possible with police officers in order to minimize our interaction with them.

If necessary, take down a name and badge # if the encounter with police was negative and report it up the chain.  😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Me neither LOL.  As I've gotten older I try not to do anything that would get me pulled over -- like speed or driving while buzzed.  

That's common sense isn't it.

Well, me and my Husband were pulled over while I was 

driving through South Carolina, it was the middle of the 

night, in the middle of nowhere, by two white cops.

They pulled me over for supposedly driving too slow and 

also they said we looked like drug mules because of the 

truck we were in.

So I was there, talking all polite trying to avoid having 

further problems, and my Husband was arguing with 

them, asking them why they pulled us over, not 

cooperating, etc.  

It's frustrating, because he's normally so mild and mellow 

but he can't stand the police, and he wouldn't listen to me 

when I told him - If we ever get pulled over by the police, 

you just sit there and BE QUIET.

Especially in the middle of the night, in the middle of 

nowhere.  Ugh!!!

Thank God they let us go with a warning, but my Husband

got an earful the rest of the trip.

It may be hard to believe but I grew up during a time when black males did not have to fear the police nor did we have to know how to interact with them. Police officers were just one of us.

Back in those days, the police officers would stop in the neighborhood and talk to people.  With enough free time on their hands, they would get out the squad car and shoot hoops or throw a football or jump rope.

Also, the police had a band and show.  They would show up to perform at schools, parks and recreation centers.  Young folks referred to the police as "Officer Friendly".

During the late 80s and early 90s, things started to change.  IMO, th,e war on drugs was the beginning of the end of positive policing in black communities. 😎

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 4:49 PM, Mzuri said:

...my Husband was arguing with them, asking them why they pulled us over, not cooperating, etc.  

Again, people are human.  Why do you think your husband reacted that way?  Surely, he did not think not cooperating and arguing with the police would help his cause?  Again cops have to be trained to deal with this...

I suspect your husband has trouble seeing at night and was driving below the speed limit as a result.  Our course he was probably already tense before the cops pulled him over 00 hence his reaction.  Again 5-0 needs to consider all of this....

Dealing with the public is already hard.  Add the potential for danger and constantly dealing with people in hot situations and the role becomes extremely difficult -- even for a good cop.  When I get pulled over I try to make the situation as smooth as possible --- especially when I know I've violated the law...

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

It may be hard to believe but I grew up during a time when black males did not have to fear the police nor did we have to know how to interact with them. Police

Yeah, I don't now anything about that/  One of my earliest memories is a cops squeezing my arm really tightly (hurting me), because I was walking on the grass in my housing project.  I was a little boy, about 4 at the time.  The cop was a Black man too.  His treatment of me -- even in hindsight seemed unreasonable.

I never had an affinity for the police.  The perform a vital task, but I suspect most are simply not that good at it.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:38 PM, Troy said:

Again, people are human.  Why do you think your husband reacted that way?  Surely, he did not think not cooperating and arguing with the police would help his cause?  Again cops have to be trained to deal with this...

I suspect your husband has trouble seeing at night and was driving below the speed limit as a result.  Our course he was probably already tense before the cops pulled him over 00 hence his reaction.  Again 5-0 needs to consider all of this....

He likes to argue with the police because he's hard headed.

I was driving, my Husband is too old to drive.  And you're 

correct, he has poor vision, he's also hard of hearing, and

he falls asleep at the wheel and other places.

• 2 weeks later...

It reminds me of a skit from the Christ Rock show where two Black men are riding in a car and when they're pulled over the DRIVER is acting calm and respectful while his passenger as cussing and acting thugged out and crazy.

And end up getting BOTH of them cuffed and their asses kicked on the sidewalk.