Chicago Mayor Lightfoot Asks AG Garland to Send ATF Agents

************************************************************************************

This is from The Daily Mail:

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot pleads with AG Merrick Garland

to send ATF agents to the city for six months after it sees more

than 760 murders this year - a 25-year high - after she slashed

police budget by $60 million

Mayor Lightfoot Requests ATF Agents

************************************************************************************

• Confused 1

That was a dumb decision to slash the police budget in a city with the highest murder rate in the country.

That's like burning brand new KN95 masks and pouring vaccine down the drain in the middle of a pandemic.😁

The city of Chicago should be paying police to work overtime in an effort to control crime.

The mayor doesn't need ATF. She needs to WTF (wake the f8ck) up and empower the resources at her disposal.😎

• Like 3

Another thing she and most of these majors and governors around the nation can do is stop letting so many violent criminals back out on the streets in the first place.

Back in 2020 right after the riots around the nation....they started letting violent inmates out of prisons and jails and let them roam around in the hood committing crimes just to justify having a stronger police presence and the use of heavy handed tactics.
They basically are holding the society hostage by saying the only choices you have are 1. A tyranical abusive police state  or 2. A wild lawless society where bullets are flying everywhere.
No reasonable solution in between being offered.

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

They basically are holding the society hostage by saying the only choices you have are 1. A tyranical abusive police state  or 2. A wild lawless society where bullets are flying everywhere.

Correct. The level of dysfunction whether it's rampant crime and/or heavy handed law enforcement especially in big cities is "good for business" when it comes to politics. 

A lot of people eat off the apple that is crime from law enforcement to judicial system, prisons and funeral homes to name a few. 😎

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2021 at 10:03 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Back in 2020 right after the riots around the nation....they started letting violent inmates out of prisons and jails and let them roam around in the hood committing crimes just to justify having a stronger police presence and the use of heavy handed tactics.

This is my position. Why is this justified? I don't believe that people should be imprisoned without parole, but to let out a violent criminal into Black communities is a problem.

I wonder though, what can be done.

ProfD

Yeah, may...they KEEP crime going because so many people are making money off of it.

Crime employs so many people:

Cops
Lawyers
Baliffs
Judges
Corrections Officers
Social Workers
Psychologists
And many others who make money OFF of crime like those who supply jails and prisons with food, soaps, razors, ect...

Chev

This is my position. Why is this justified? I don't believe that people should be imprisoned without parole, but to let out a violent criminal into Black communities is a problem.

I'm big on analyzing things and getting into the details to solve problems.

Perhaps extremely violent people shouldn't be released into the public, but if they pose too much of a threat to be released then they should be institutionalized into some sort of mental hospital and medicated to control themselves.

I wonder though, what can be done.

Police ourselves.....under OUR OWN laws.

That's a start.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

Well said even though it isn’t accurate. I get the point and it’s 5 years to late. The question is what are the laws regarding incarceration and bail.

Crime in major cities fuels the economy. The laws regarding incarceration and bail have probably been relaxed to insure more crime. 

If law enforcement was really interested in stop crime especially reducing the murder rate, they could easily round up the culprits most likely responsible to commit them. 😎

Another thing she and most of these majors and governors around the nation can do is stop letting so many violent criminals back out on the streets in the first place.

Mayors and Governors have no control over parole. Governors can and sometimes do commute sentences, but not in great numbers. Mayors have no power to do so.

And what riots in 2020 are you referring to? The angry protests over the racist murders of George Floyd and others?

What I want to know is why do so many of you post outright falsehoods? Because you cannot prove anything you've claimed.

The only people who may make money off crime are investors and owners of private prisons. Or security companies. If you don't count organized crime, theft rings and inner city gangs. Law enforcement are salaried employees. They're not getting rich. Now, they get extra hours to work. But I wouldn't call that hefty profiteering. 

You made a general, but erroneous statement.