The Power of One...

In the land of the free and the home of the brave...

This is the only country where the "majority"(White People) can own, have, and control and still not be satisfied.

Anytime someone black does anything amazing; "someone that does not look like us"(white people) studies what we did, replicate it, and the monetize it and 

then becomes a millionaire or billionaire off of our "one thing".

Thus, the power of one...

Now, when that one thing doesn't go their way "they" (white people)become really petty and petulant acting as if the world is about to end.

Let me give you a few examples of "power of one moments".

On October 3, 1995 Orenthal James Simpson was on trial for the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman. When Judge Lance Ito read the verdict I was in 7th grade at Kenwood Middle School and they announced it over the intercom. I remember hearing Judge Lance Ito read, "We the jury find the defendant Orenthal James Simpson...

NOT GUILTY on 2 charges of murder.  "White America" lost its everloving mind. For the first time in my life I heard white people saying, "This was a travesty and that the justice system was broken.  I find it ironic that 'White America" would make that statement and the U.S. has the most people incarcerated in the world and these folks got bent out of shape because O.J. was found not guilty. America was mad that one black dude was found NOT GUILTY on the 3rd day of October in 1995, when there were close to 200,000 black men in jail in the U.S. at the time

The early signing period for college football was December 2021.  This year Coach Deion Sanders made a splash not just in black college football, but in college football as a whole.  When it was officially announced that he would be the new head coach Jackson State University players were transferring from Power 5 schools and other upper level D1 schools to transfer to play for "Coach Prime" which lead to him having the top recruiting class in Division 1AA football history.  The next thing JSU did was go 10-1 and win the conference championship.  Prior to the playing of the Celebration Bowl between Jackson State and South Carolina State, Coach Deion Sander would shake up the world of college football by signing the #1 recruit in the country Travis Hunter.  College football fans from his own alma mater where he played and helped recruit players for Florida State. Some of these fans actually would burning this man's jersey all because he signed the top player in the country. These very same people have the mentality that the top players in the country are supposed to go to Florida State and not to a HBCU named Jackson State. As recent as a week ago lighting again by signing year another top player for his recruiting class.

These folks were so mad at Coach Sanders for signing top-ranked players that they were burning his jersey and talked negatively about him and his family.

The majority of the white D1 coaches coach football teams whose rosters that are 70 to 75% of black players and these folks lost their minds off of 1 single player.

Not 100, not 50, and even 10, but these folks got mad because Coach Deion Sanders signed 1 player...that just happened to be the best recruit in the country. (1 of 2,000+ ranked senior football players)

The power of one...

It is sad that white people control every aspect to this country, but when any element of this nation does something that they can not control, they are unhappy and will let you know it and will dare you to express your frustration. Just remember that the greatest gift to this earth is the creativity of black people.  Throughout history whenever a black person does something great; there is only a matter of time before someone white comes out of nowhere to "one up" and get rich off of the great thing that was just done.  The power of one is so powerful in black creativity.

Jackson_State_Deion_Sanders_Football.7.jpg

oj-simpson.jpeg

4 hours ago, AJJones1007 said:

Just remember that the greatest gift to this earth is the creativity of black people. 

No doubt. Black creativity, intelligence, talent and labor has been exploited and built great wealth for others for centuries. 

While I know when, why and how it keeps happening, it still has not been any less frustrating to me for the entire time I've been on the planet.

I would love to see black folks have total control and ownership over their creativity, talent, knowledge, skills and abilities.

As I'm beyond a half century now, my optimism is fading that I'll live to see it. My hope is that a future generation of black folks will get it😎

14 hours ago, AJJones1007 said:

It is sad that white people control every aspect to this country

It's sadder that black people don't aggressively assert and apply themselves and outperform others, instead of playing the race card and blaming other people for their plight. No one else is paying attention, so you have to take it upon yourself and 'execute'.

I listened to Boyce's video and agree with his assessment of how Black athletes are exploited.  At the same time, I can not understand how he reconciles his continued financial support of the very system he complains about. If he feels so strongly about how badly college football treats Black men, why does he continue support the system?

I left a comment on the YouTube video asking this very question.  It will be interesting to see how (or even if) he responds.  

1 hour ago, Troy said:

I listened to Boyce's video and agree with his assessment of how Black athletes are exploited.  At the same time, I can not understand how he reconciles his continues financial support of the very system he complains about. If he feels so strongly about how badly college football treats Black men, why does he continue support the system?

As a fan of NFL football, I'm equally as guilty as  Dr. Watkins especially when I attend  games.

The NFL could do a much better job of hiring black coaches and executives.  But, the teams are predominantly owned by white men.

College football is the farm system for the NFL.  The schools are funded mostly by white folks.

Ultimately, black athletes have to realize their worth and how they make up a very high percentage of sports and its ability to generate revenue. 

At the same time, black folks need to form investment groups and start buying into sports franchises. 

It's  harder to call shots from the outside looking in but that shouldn't stop us from calling balls and strikes. 

Silence is the enemy of knowledge and awareness.  Some folks can't do any better because they don't know any better. 

We have to speak out against inequities regardless of whether we are sitting in the nosebleed seats or standing on the sidelines. 😁😎

Well @ProfD, At least the athletes in pro sports are paid. 

imagine  when the NFL was segregated and rather than integrating the NFL with individual athletes we integrated it with teams!

We tend to integrate as individuals, proud to be the first at this or that for some white company. Let’s do more integration with ownership.

In order to integrate with ownership we HAVE to support own businesses, not the businesses of our oppressors. 

college football will continue to exploit our young men as long as we continue to support college football, it really is as simple as that.