Eric Adams/NYCC signed a law that allows a noncitizen/permanent resident NC/PR who has not been sentenced for a crime in 30 days to vote for elections in NYC,agree?

#openpulpit Eric Adams/NYCC signed a law that allows a noncitizen/permanent resident NC/PR who has not been sentenced for a crime in 30 days to vote for elections in NYC,agree? NC/PR of NYC will not be able to vote for NYS/Federal. please state the city you live in the comments

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=1772&type=status

To me, this is a beautiful approach. For Responsible members of a community to have their say on local elections. They work, pay taxes, live, and send their children to schools . 

@nels  yes, the concept of giving a non citizen voting powers is against the idea of citizenship being a valuable and unique item for involvement into the civic community in the usa.  

Your choice of language is energetic but I think alludes to falsehoods. This law was voted on by the nyc city council first. and then eric adams voted on it. So this law isn't an usurping and applies to legal resdients. so, nothing in this law is illegal. I admit it is aphilosophical to many, but it isn't an usurping or illegal.

As for the condition of countries, the usa has the most powerful military on earth and involves itself in the affairs of every other country. A great statistic I learned from an opinion editorial article in the ny times stated that the three letter organizations of the usa/ cia/ fbi/et cetera have had hundreds of deaths in foreign countries in the last few decades. and this is what is known. So, I will not refute the responsibility of people living in a country to improve it. but empires, and the usa is an empire, influence militaristically lesser countries, usually to their detriment. So I think the usa has to evade the empire business before the people in it can demand the people influenced outside the usa by the statian empire are disinterested in leaving countries the usa has mangled. Isn't that fair?  I ave countless examples to support my position. I support my position with iraq. An easy example. the usa invaded iraq, iraq did not invade the usa, nor was it behind the 9/11 attack. now many iraqis have come into the usa, but like the koreans/vietnamese/colombians and many others, the usa's role in their countries is a large part of their problem. 

anyone can have their reasons to support a policy. But, the party of andrew jackson supports this policy for the voting power it will bring. This will blockade the party of abraham lincoln in nyc, as the party of abraham lincoln will make an opposing policy by default. And it is plausible as this law is for a city only. So other cities have the right to make laws to ban such voting powers, as well as blockade or restrict immigrant communities. For me, this law is strategy. NYC was called by many in the party of abraham lincoln, a harbor city , and thus it is living up to that even more. Nothing is banning other cities from doing similar things in opposition.

@nels just to clarfy, the law doesn't allow illegal aliens to vote, cause they are committing a crime. the law allows noncitizens to vote, but only noncitizens who are registered residents who haven't committed a crime in 30 day. 

• Like 1

@ProfD good point, like @nels the issue of the value of citizenship is being tested with this law. But a key point is that this law only applies to new york city, it doesn't apply to new york state or any federal level, so... I will like to ask you, if you go to a city in another country, do you think you have the right to vote in the elected offices for the city in said other country, if you are registered a resident, not an illegal alien, and you are not sentenced with any illegalities for thirty days, barring you still from voting for the county/state/federal level elected offices in said other country? 

Ah cool @ProfD I had to make sure that is clarified cause in various online spaces, i read comments from various strangers that displayed a miscomprehension to this law as something that is for anyone in nyc just stepping off the boat so to speak or that it applies to all levels of government.

It will be interesting if a state in the union makes a similar law, i wonder how the states rights argument will coincide to this, as states by the constitution have sovereignty over their legal code, and if the law goes through a legislature, not a mandate, then it is law. 

10 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Your choice of language is energetic but I think alludes to falsehoods.

Are you serious?

On 1/10/2022 at 7:22 PM, Guest Franky said:

To me, this is a beautiful approach. For Responsible members of a community to have their say on local elections. They work, pay taxes, live, and send their children to schools . 

I do not see any rationalization in your statement. Non-citizen = No vote

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

@nels I shared this about the internet so I can't say if that guest commentor will reply to you, but one thing is for certain, this issue is a multivider. It is not going to make bridges.

I could care less if it's (in anyone's words) a 'multivider' or not. Absolutely no one is entitled to usurp the rights and sovereignty of any nation. In this regard, you might as well blow up the bridges because voting by non-U.S. residents of any kind is a non-starter.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:51 PM, richardmurray said:

the usa's role in their countries is a large part of their problem. 

Often.

If someone meets the qualifications to become s permanent citizen, why shouldn’t they be allowed to vote? They pay taxes; they should have a say in how their tax dollars are spent.

@Dr Francis Welsin black people have existed in new york city from the time it was new amsterdam, what factors today suggest black people are finished? I know some black people will thrive, some black people will be unchanged, and some black people will falter under the eric adams administration and what ever future exists for nyc. 

@Troy You didn't ask my views, and many who I shared this to have asked my opinion on this. I will still refrain. :) but, you ask a potent question financially. I Argue why don't all taxpayers have a say. I recall years ago when someone in the city council tried to push forward the idea of having the populace vote on where the tax dollars do go but the majority in the class of elected officials in NYC booed that diea, for obvious reasons. I think functional/plausible arguments support this law's creation. I also think  functional/plausible arguments support this law's destruction. 

In the end, as I love history, this reminds me of BArrack Obama. when he became president his first act was saving the banks, with a blank check. The too big to fail moment. I recall that was very multivisive as well. Like this issue, whether you support or oppose the act, the one thing everyone can agree on is the act clearly requires the most delicate, most skillful policy making. This is not something to do with a hatchet and that is my biggest issue with Eric Adams approach to this. Like Obama's with too big to ofail, it is too open. This policy like the too big too fail is a big stone square, when it needs to be chiseled and smoothed into a free standing sculpture. 

2 hours ago, Troy said:

If someone meets the qualifications to become s permanent citizen, why shouldn’t they be allowed to vote? 

Permanent citizen is not the condition here. This is a case of a non-citizen/permanent resident being allowed to vote. 😎

************************************************************************************

2 hours ago, Dr Francis Welsin said:

Before the new mayor, this was a huge issue and now its going to get worse. 

I hate to say this but you all voted for him,

so deal with it.

If you all were smart you would have voted 

for the guardian angel and this nonsense 

wouldn't be happening right now.

But everybody wanted to vote for the 

Soul Brother.

It's nice to have Black people in elected office

and positions of power, but not if they don't

work for the people.

This new mayor seems to be out for himself.

************************************************************************************

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 2:57 PM, Troy said:

If someone meets the qualifications to become s permanent citizen, why shouldn’t they be allowed to vote?

Common sense. Sovereignty 'rules the day'. Try voting in Mexico if you're not a citizen there and see how fast they haul you off to jail.

• Like 2

@Dr Francis Welsin the entire history of nyc, even when it was new amsterdam, is filled with frictions between peoples. Maybe you are right and black people in nyc, will find it unbearable in majority. but based on history, I think some black people in nyc, perhaps most, will thrive, other black folk will falter.

@Mzuri voting block wise Adams had the advantage. Basic election strategy. Ocasio cortez became a house of representative member for the same reason. No matter what municipality you are in, if you can get the majority voting populace you win. Getting the nypd vote is massive in NYC. 

Adams is a cop, from Koch to Bloomberg with only a 4 year gap by dinkins, the nypd had 32 years of heavy support from the mayor of nyc. Koch/Guiliani/Bloomberg each gave the nypd the highest quantity of funds, the highest quality of protection or support from the mayorlty. In that time, the number of law enforcers in nyc went from respectable to a small army. That is a voting block. And in that time, law enforcement made sure they grabbed members of every major racial group in the city: phenotype/religion/gender/age/sexuality et cetera.

In a city whose private labor base was shrinking in that same time, working for the government became the only path to get a job. NYC in the past was a diary hub, a manufacturing hub, but the federal level shift in the 1960s of usa firms being multinational, meaning cheap labor outside the usa, started quick in ny state or ny city. And the reason for that was to hurt black people.

So you are right, most of the people who voted , voted for adams. but most of the citizens, exclude residents, didn't vote for Adams. They voted for... none of the above really. but nyc doesn't have a structure for when none of the candidates are quality. And in defense of adams, which is something I don't do usually, his competition was light. None of the candidates, any party or independent had anything remotely close to a policy plan. Adams had one tag, safety. But, that was enough in the field. Curtis Silwa's argument was a Scrtrumpian one. he wants to shake things up. But the problem with that argument is, most people in nyc, don't like donald trump and long before sctrumpf was into governance.

I speak as a new yorker now. Many people have disliked Donald trump in NYC form the 1970s and 1980s. And silwa knew this, so trying that angle was foolish in my view. In cheap retrospect, Siwa should had attacked the policy quality of Eric Adams as brooklyn borough president or state senator, in which , adams, like obama as an illinois state senator or federal senator or Kamala harris as attorney general of california, did nothing. It isn't that Adams is bad or good policy wise, he is nothing policy wise.  To your point MZuri, Adams is out for himself. He wants the jobs.  The only reason Siwa had decent numbers cause Adams didn't have any thing remotely close to a plan, he just advertised the slogan to attract the steadiest voting block in nyc, who always feel nyc is about to erupt in crimes, which is a view based on nothing.

To continue, most people who know nyc well know this city has never been as dangerous as some new yorkers profess. I can tell you that my clan has been in nyc for over 100 years and it has never been the tower of babel that some still keep trying to say it is. Yes, peopel get killed in nyc, yes. But, in a city of millions of people, comprehend many of whom are not known, many people live in the streets, you will get murders. You will get harmful acts but it doesn't mean the streets are a video game, like streets of rage or like that charles bronson film. 

So Adams didn't win because he was black, he won because most people in the city were not inspired to vote cause no one vying for the mayorlty had anything remotely close to a plan. But to the people who were inspired to vote, he was the option that fits their viewpoint, and that being he is a law enforcer.  And that connects to my earliest point to you , that nyc quietly has a large extended family to the nypd. Cops have families/cousins/ sisters/brothers/wives... Votes. He didn't win cause he was black. he won cause he was a cop and the cops have a huge voting block and  other candidates.. maya wiley/ andrew yang/ kathryn garcia/ siwa/mateo offered nothing that was going to invigorate a city of probably 20 million people that are without a financial base, going through a malaise of issues and looking for the kind of leadership that comes not too often in humanity. 

@nels maybe Mexico City will one day allow non citizen residents to vote in that city. Mexico city is huge and like NYC , the populace in the city may find it plausible. My only issue is you keep focusing on the federal level, this law is only to nyc, not nys, not the usa, not the state or federal level. so.. please focus on cities/counties. as nyc is technically 5 counties . Don't say England, say london. Don't say CHina say, Peking. Don't say russia, say st petersburg. Don't say mexico, say Mexico City. These are the comparables to the situation. Adams himself is historically against this. the city council passed it, but the city council of NYC is unlike any other city in the usa. cause nyc is unlike any other city in the usa in terms of demographics. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Mzuri voting block wise Adams had the advantage. Basic election strategy. Ocasio cortez became a house of representative member for the same reason. No matter what municipality you are in, if you can get the majority voting populace you win. Getting the nypd vote is massive in NYC. 

@richardmurray

Thank you for the breakdown.  Yes, I am aware that

he was a police officer, besides being Black. 

One of my last visits to NYC I lodged at the Lowe's 

on Lexington, I was attending a function at the

Waldorf, and I hoofed it because it wasn't that far.

I cannot imagine doing that today.  I know that there 

is a large population and that the odds of something 

untoward happening to a person are slim, but it is 

scary when you hear about people getting stabbed 

or shot just walking down the street, or being 

assaulted in the subway station or on the train.

I really hope that this new mayor can turn the city 

around.  It would be great if NYC did not resemble

a massive crime scene from a dystopian movie.

Stay safe everybody ❤️ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I cannot imagine doing that today.  I know that there is a large population and that the odds of something untoward happening to a person are slim, but it is 

scary when you hear about people getting stabbed or shot just walking down the street, or being assaulted in the subway station or on the train.

I really hope that this new mayor can turn the city around.  It would be great if NYC did not resemble a massive crime scene from a dystopian movie.

Hearing or reading about stuff happening in a major city like NYC, it seems really bad.

But, there's a reason millions of folks either flock to and/or have spent their entire lives living in a place like NYC.   It's not that bad. 😎

12 hours ago, Dr Francis Welsin said:

I didnt vote for him and I do not live in NYC 

@Dr Francis Welsin

I apologize but I did not mean you directly, but "you" as a 

general term for all the dummies in NYC that keep voting 

for dopes like DeBlasio and this latest one.

9 hours ago, ProfD said:

But, there's a reason millions of folks either flock to and/or have spent their entire lives living in a place like NYC.

@ProfD

Whatever.  The more likely reason is that they haven't

had the chance to relocate yet.  Nobody wants to live

in rat infested, firetrap tenements. 

I'm not saying that everybody lives like that, just making

a general broad comment.

If the majority of NYC residents won the lottery or came

into some other windfall, I'm pretty sure that the first thing 

they would do is get the eff out of dodge.

That's what I would do.

image.gif.b05fef28d3e6760b4f9376c41adcdba5.gif

• Haha 1

@Mzuri

no problem, I am unaware to the voting groups in the city where you live, so I will need the information from you in the same way, if I make an assessment to the city you live in. 

yes,  even though my experience in the street of the city i was born and raised in is very positive, I don't chagrin anyone from feeling caution. if one hundred people live in a city and the odds are only one gets murdered, who wants to be the one who gets murdered?:)

And that point you made leads to my biggest strategic issue with the NYPD, its current or former members like Eric Adams, or most importantly Eric Adams campaign. You want greater safety, the answer is better quality of life.  If you are running for nyc mayor MZuri, and you want advise to make nyc safer. I can tell you what you need to do. Lower the rent/maintenance, lower the cost of living, generate more industries or legal labor situations, including deillegalizing.  I went to a store and I saw a product called Hals potato chips. It is supposed to be a nyc/nys state product. I said to myself, I never had this, I will give it a go. I support local black business often, but I will rarely support white owned local business as well. But the store owner said this potato chip bag is one dollar and fifty cent. And I put it back. I am not hungry, I don't need potato chips. My frigerator has food. But, to my larger point. Eric Adams talks about safety. maybe stop trying to make people afriad of the law and start making their lives better. What if you are a child that may not be so loved and all you have is some change. What if you are someone just laid off and have no future job opportunity remotely near.  The hsitory of the NYPD itself proves my point. the nypd was created by boss tweed, an irish mayor in the 1800s, who took a bunch of irish thugs off the street and gave them a legal job. that being thug others who supposedly break the law:) But you see the point. His community became indebted to him. He gave them jobs. that is all most people want. they want financial security. They want a job that pays well plus allow one to save well, has some level of cultural decency<most people don't want to work for sanitation no matter the wage>, and has a security of time<isn't a one year situation/one month situation>. Eric Adams wants to make the streets safer, then make peoples lives better. get to work. He said he wanted to be mayor, when he campaigned on being the police chief above the police chief. His view, like the nypd in general,  is people just need to be scared of breaking the law regardless of their financial or personal desperation. and that view has never held up in history, especially history of big cities. Most people will not commit illegalities. BUT, as people get fiscally poorer, more will brave illegalities and be more violent for it, let alone people who assult based on their own frustrations with life. 

@ProfD no place is that bad, north korea/cuba, somalia has populaces that grow. The human myth of the hell hole is just that. no place in humanity is a hell hole. Even war ravaged places like syria have some places where parties are going on. The only question is, are you one of the people enjoying life where you are at or are you one of the people in misery with your life where you are at. In terms of gun violence, a city like sao paulo has more known incidents, but the night life for the have's in sao paulo, is fantastic. NYC is a great place if you have money and quite a large number of people in nyc have money. ... to flocking, the reason why humans are flocking to big cities throughout humanity is the dying of agrarian life. You must have seen some statistics, every month in the usa, a number of small towns die. The populaces from those towns flock to cities. an ever growing number of small towns have no industrial or financial base, to restate, no money can be made there.But, in NYC, you can beg the wealthy or those who have more on the street, the illegal business of prostitution requires cities and nyc is the biggest in the usa, many modern  immigrants become slaves to their families for a place to stay. These things is why people flock to nyc or other big cities. Sometimes towns are near colleges or prisons or maybe even a manufacturing plant, but that is rarer and rarer in the usa or anywhere else in humanity. 

@Dr Francis Welsin I don't know the city you live in and don't state it, but if someone in your city/town's city council proposes a similar law that the city council of nyc passed and eric adams signed, what say you? 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 4:42 PM, richardmurray said:

maybe Mexico City will one day allow non citizen residents to vote in that city

Sovereignty must always rule. A Simple Analogy: Your personal home is your sovereign kingdom. Would you allow anyone off the street to simply walk into your home, grab a bite to eat, displace you from your easy lounger, kick you out of your bed, shower in your bathroom, take your wallet, and walk right out the door unchallenged? Think again.

15 hours ago, Mzuri said:

this new mayor can turn the city 

around

Eric Adams kowtow's to the ideology of The Left. New York is headed into political, financial and social oblivion for at least the next two generations. All of those deceptive liberal whites and ignorant low-information blacks who keep voting for the same slate of dog crap over and over again, are going to continue to get exactly what they deserve - and that is, sheer 'misery' on steroids.

• Like 1

I am unaware to the voting groups in the city where you live, so I will need the information from you in the same way, if I make an assessment to the city you live in. 

@richardmurray

I live along the border of U.S./Mexico.  Mexican-Americans 

make all the decisions around here.

They usually vote for whitey, they are an indoctrinated lot.

A bag of chips can cost around $5 depending on the size.

Have your money ready the next time you want chips.

24 minutes ago, nels said:

Eric Adams kowtow's to the ideology of The Left. New York is headed into political, financial and social oblivion for at least the next two generations. All of those deceptive liberal whites and ignorant low-information blacks who keep voting for the same slate of dog crap over and over again, are going to continue to get exactly what they deserve - and that is, sheer 'misery' on steroids.

Sad but TRUE!

2 hours ago, nels said:

If whitey is doing the 'job' that the electorate needs, then what is the issue?

It's not an issue to me but it's odd that they don't 

have more Mexican-American leadership.

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

It's not an issue to me but it's odd that they don't 

have more Mexican-American leadership.

Latinos don't seem to carry the race-card baggage that so many black people do. However, they do tend to ignore the risks and follow the herd.

• Like 1

@nels the only question to your analogy , which must be asked , is simple. Is individual soveriegnty equal to collective soveriegnty? 

The soveriegnty of the individual in their home in NYC for example:) is it equivalent to the soveriegnty of the collective of people in NYC itself? 

This law by default suggest a difference. NYC law does not allow entry into a citizens home by another citizen, not a member of law enforcement <law enforcement's powers is a whole other issue for its complexity alone>. But, many in NYC , not all, I imagine not even most though I have no proof, but many in NYC want this. Said many are citizens. Their collective soveriegnty to nyc, as their collective home , has chosen to open up their home to the stranger. As you allude to all the potential negativities of opening up your home to the stranger, it is still the right of the home owner, yes? 

@Mzuri $5 dollars :) well better be a big bag :) ... to the borderlands, well, in mexico , indigenous culture isn't viewed as the top by the financially wealthy mexicans, many of whom are lebanese or european in descendency, not even mestizo. So, like I always try to remind people, most countries on earth, their financially wealthy populace has a pro white european cultural desire. and their governments are dominated by people from their financially wealthy populace. That black or indigenous mexican don't have power in mexico. Blancos rule mexico. Thus, the average mexican is raised in mexican media to desire white, to be white, even if they never will be. In haiti, rich haitians do exists. they want to be french, not haitian. In all south american countries, the land owning alvino/branco/white culture is very strong in their media. Most of the people in northern south america are black<northern brasil/colombia/venezuela/guyana/suriname/french guina/ecuador 100% this region is most black>, but you will never know this based on who owns things, who controls things, what is seen. Thus, the people in these communities while they may come to the usa, they retain their desiring to be white culture. It is usually the third and fourth generations who start ending that whitephilia. LAtino is a linguistic race/asian is a geographic race. but their are black latinos/white latinos.. white asians/black asians, and all you have to do, is talk to people in those countries with our skin tone range which I have, and they will give you my proof. 

To eric adams, I think you had it right, i don't see him as some idealogue, he is looking out for himself. he isn't as crude as schrumpft and thus people chalk it up to strategy. But he is looking out for himself. he recently had to change the job he gave his brother. The kennedy's did this. Most people in recent years in usa go into government for themselves, to help their loving ones, most try to use the language of the mr smith goes to washington to cover themselves. 

• Like 1

it is still the right of the home owner, yes

The analogy I made was to simplify the rationale that virtually anyone could apply to a sane citizenship enforcement effort; which is what we currently lack. The misdirected contextual call-outs and references in your (entire) response (and not just the quoted phrase) remind me of a circular firing squad; a bit nonsensical, for me. Suggest a read of the U.S. Constitution first; take your time. Lesson here, don't debate with the irrational. I'll leave it at that.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:50 PM, richardmurray said:

#openpulpit Eric Adams/NYCC signed a law that allows a noncitizen/permanent resident NC/PR who has not been sentenced for a crime in 30 days to vote for elections in NYC,agree? NC/PR of NYC will not be able to vote for NYS/Federal. please state the city you live in the comments

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=1772&type=status

WOW no, I don't agree.

What is this government resorting to in order to stay in charge? 

On 1/10/2022 at 11:41 PM, nels said:

Sovereign nations are sovereign for a reason. No one should be allowed to come to our country, usurp our right to vote, and then screw it up like the ones they left. Only political novices, lunatics and The Left support this idiocy.

and of course immigrants

On 1/11/2022 at 3:15 PM, ProfD said:

IMO, voting should be a right reserved for citizens. The US already has enough issues in that regard.

I would not show up in another country and feel that I should be able to vote as a non-citizen or permanent resident. 😎

Yes! 

On 1/13/2022 at 6:26 PM, Mzuri said:

It's nice to have Black people in elected office

and positions of power, but not if they don't

work for the people.

absolutely.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:51 PM, Mzuri said:

I live along the border of U.S./Mexico.  Mexican-Americans 

make all the decisions around here.

They usually vote for whitey, they are an indoctrinated lot.

Yeah, I've lived in Texas for a few years and then San Diego. I agree. But this comment made me remember the Obama election and all of the car signs I saw,

"OBAMANOS!" ...

brief support for Democrats... then back to being Republican, I guess... 

@nels well, NYC is about to find out through a living example if a non citizenchip voting populace can exists at the city level in the usa cohesively with a citizen voting populace? I could be wrong but it seems you are certain it will lead to negativity , maybe even the law itself is illegal. I am not sure. I think the relations in my questions are fair, but in the end, I asked a question , and you answered greatly. Thank you again

@Chevdove I don't comprehend the position or angle of broken government. A large percent of people in NYC support this law. THe NYC city council passed it first. The Mayor signed it. In NYC the mayor has to sign laws. 

Maybe I am missing something. what do you mean by,

what is the government doing to stay in charge? 

NYC's government has the second largest army in the usa, that being the nypd. NYC has a larger military branch than new york state. 

This was an entirely legal action. I realize the outcome is not what you wanted but I don't comprehend the angle of broken goverment. 

I thought a city council should make laws that their citizenry want. right? 

Sadly, NYC has been headed down this road since the late 1970s, at a minimum. Wanton and unchecked corruption has plagued the city since its official naming in 1674. No matter what your political persuasion, NYC is headed into some rough waters for many years to come.

Personally, I think Eric Adams screwed up with two boneheaded hiring decisions. 

The first was appointing his brother, Bernard, a Deputy Commissioner. Bernard, a former NYPD sergeant, had been assistant director for parking at Virginia Commonwealth University the past few 10 years. 

After a huge outcry, Bernard was downgraded to executive director of the Mayor's security detail. 

But the new Mayor's worst decision was hiring Phil Banks III as a Deputy Mayor for Public Safety. Banks had no explanation why $300,000 suddenly appeared in his and wife's bank account  in 2014. He quickly resigned after being outed as an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal corruption probe. 

But he's back and with him comes a huge hint of Mayoral impropriety, which dogged NYC's previous Mayor.

4 hours ago, Chevdove said:

I may be one sided. I just don't feel that the vote really represents the whole.

I don't know everything and I don't want to knock you on this, either. I just strongly believe that the vote only represents the whole when the vote is genuinely legitimate and not made under coercion, duress, deceit, gaslighting, and worse.

• Thanks 1

@nels rough and beautiful, the trick to nyc,is it depends on who you are in the city, if you are living in the sky the air is beautiful , the sun is lovely, if you are living underneath the sewers, times can be quite difficult, but nyc has always been a microcosm of the usa, sequentially, the haves and the have nots in one city. with every possible zone in between. I have told people before, my clan has been in nyc for a long time, it never was hell, and many times was nice, as well as many times sour. ... maybe the lesson nyc needs to teach the usa is to stop trying to be iddylic, cause neither warrant that.

@Chevdove the whole in a city of an unknown number of people. Comprehend one of the chinese mafias, i think the tong, had put so many illegal immigrants in a tenement in chinatown that they got caught by health officials, not the nypd, who were probably paid off anyway. They had in one tenement on average thirty people in a room. You used the term, the whole.. I have no idea the number of people in nyc.  I know it is far more than the listed ceiling of 9 million. What is my point? if you want a law to reflect the whole in nyc, that will require people in government nyc does not have. Community leaders that nyc does not have. business owners that nyc does not have. 

@Stefan stefan!! what do you think being in government is for? :)  the entire elected class of the usa is about giving jobs to your kin. Why do you think so many rockefellers and kennedys are spread throughout the government of the usa? PRivate sector jobs or opportunities of ownership come and go but governments are forever, most job security in the world, when you have the most powerful military in humanity at the moment. All elected officials, help their kin get in, that is the whole point. Adams clearly is an amateur at doing it with pananche, but he was president of a borough and a state senator and didn't show much pananche then so why now as mayor. remember, he didn't compaign on being the leader of all leaders or some guiding light. his selling point wasn't effective government. he had one campaign motto, make the streets safer. Which can be rephrased to, nypd growth. Everything else is a candy store for him. He will not say that, but that is the reality.

• Like 1

@Chevdove One point, about the support for said law in nyc. you have to comprehend, nyc has a larger percentage of recent immigres than any other city in the usa by a wide margin. So you have to comprehend, most city councils in the usa don't have any interest for a law like this, but nyc is a unique city, not just in size, but its makeup. 

For example, washington d.c. itself has a large black population, who are in the descendent of enslaved mold, but the virginia counties outside washington d.c. are filled with immigrants, but many of these immigrants are financially above the immigrants who are in nyc , who are usually from more financially poorer means. then you look at a los angeles. los angeles is the second largest city in the usa, but the mexican populace in los angeles is a majority of the latin american community and they tend to be very wary of recent immigrants, while nyc's latin american populace is the most multigeographic of a latin american communit in the usa, you have colombians/nicaraguant/s paraguayans/peruvians/ et cetera, the mix means less a singular focus as in los angeles and the asian community in nyc is also not led by the chinese american community in the way los angeles has a huge chinese american community that dictates more and is less prone to this law. so.. the uniqueness of nyc's makeup has a role to play in this.   

• Like 2

20 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Stefan stefan!! what do you think being in government is for? :)  the entire elected class of the usa is about giving jobs to your kin. 

I have never read anything more ridiculous in my life. Not all elected officials give jobs to their relatives. Just on that one statement alone, I will dismiss your rant. 

If you want to engage me, then be logical, sensible and truthful. I abhor nonsensical writing. In other words, be accurate. 

23 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I have never read anything more ridiculous in my life. Not all elected officials give jobs to their relatives. Just on that one statement alone, I will dismiss your rant. 

If you want to engage me, then be logical, sensible and truthful. I abhor nonsensical writing. In other words, be accurate. 

Sounds like it's getting hot in the kitchen.

@Stefan Your right, I made an absolute statement. I meant most, not all. And the proof is in elected officials themselves. And they validate the majority claim that is my intention. thank you for your comment. I am free to comment to something you state at any time as you are in likewise. 

@nels :) not hot at all, when someone says they will dismiss everything another says, and then suggest their position has no value, it all culminates to a finished dialog between the two. The one who dismisses says they have nothing to say anymore, it doesn't mean the other does not. 

It shows no self awareness. But what do you expect from the Mayor of a Sanctuary City. The ability of our people to be manipulated to work against self interest is incredible.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:09 AM, richardmurray said:

the uniqueness of nyc's makeup has a role to play in this. 

This is not correct. It has to with an AntiAmerican narrative. There is so much resentment against America that people are trying to recreate it. If you don’t understand why we have a constitution. They have not sworn allegiance to America. And this has gone on since before the 60s.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:56 PM, richardmurray said:

But, many in NYC , not all, I imagine not even most though I have no proof, but many in NYC want this

It’s because they believe it will destabilize the country.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:28 AM, Mzuri said:

really hope that this new mayor can turn the city 

around.  It would be great if NYC did not resemble

a massive crime scene from a dystopian movie

He won’t. The Leftists of New York City are anti Law and Order. It’s because their CRT is preventing them from seeing the self destructive nature of their positions. If you believe Police are running around indiscriminately killing Black people in this day and age, you are hanging yourself over to the Cartels and other criminals. This one of the reasons this country was designed as a a representative republic that can only be maintained by a moral people.