Unsung Hero

Just dropped in to get a whiff of what's going on here since I made my last departure, an exit that deferred to my aversion for being around those I can't stomach.  And what a good decision that was. OMG!  I can only gasp at how the vibe here has become even more irritating. 🙄 'Felt like I had stumbled into a FOX "News" echo chamber, reeking with the gospel of right wing half truths, and rampant with hysterical conspiracy theories involving the ubiquitous  "they". But - before I provide further material for possible  rebukes from Mzuri in her self-appointed role as the Sergeant-at-Arms of this forum,  ever ready to lecture those who don't conform to the protocols she has taken the liberty to put in place, -  let me assure that i am aware no one really gives a damn what I think.  (And I don't give a damn that nobody doesn't give a damn.) 😝

Now, as I was saying... mulling over what's going on here, i've reached the conclusion that this mind boggling phenomenon called  CIVILIZATIONin its infinite journey, lurches forward doing what it has always done in an environment teeming with natural and manufactured marvels; visible and invisible dangers. And  because it is the nature of the bi-ped beast  evolution has spawned, humanity engages in an eternal conflict that pits the "have's" against the "have-not's", and the  "already-are's" against the "wanna-be's", dumping them into a horde of "never will-be's", leaving everyone to expect freedom and justice for all.  Foolish dreamers - idiots upon whom the abused Earth will eventually take its revenge. Welcome to the real world.

Ah, but every poster here clings to their own version of the truth about the "real" world where the ongoing clash between the bad "them" and the good "us" wages on.   And each opinionated contributor is  eager to advance political narratives or embrace deep state conspiracy theories. As if a government controlled by an evil cabal has to plot something that Mankind naturally does on its ownas if what is happening now is not just another rehearsal for the highly anticipated Armageddon extravaganza, as if there was never a bubonic plague, no unrest nor revolts among the masses, no power hungry despots nor upheavals of the status quo.  As if there has never been the fall of Great Empires, as if societies and cultures don't recycle and go through eras and periods wherein the more things change the more they become the same, all under the direction of a Universe with a wicked sense of humor! Ha-Ha.😄 The joke's on us as Fate mocks our hopes and Father Time yawns, bored by the repetition of the proverbial phoenix rising from its ashes. And Life goes on as Civilization survives.

But all is not yet lost on this site, and in spite of it having become a haven for Democrat bashers, and a coop full of paranoid "Chicken Littles" beaned by acorns and panicked into thinking "the sky is falling,  there is a calm voice of reason in this cyber wilderness, a someone exhibiting logic, and balance. Thank "goodness" for my boy, Troy, who  neutralizes the histrionics and relegates others to wallow in the factoids of their misinformation.  Happy New Year, ol buddy.  Hang in there. 

And, oh yeah.  Fuck Retrumpican obstructionists!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

************************************************************************************

52 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Mzuri in her self-appointed role as the Sergeant-at-Arms of this forum

@Cynique

I'm just a regular participant, unlike you, a moderator  

that deletes people's comments.  

54 minutes ago, Cynique said:

FOX "News" echo chamber

Are you still getting your fake news from CNN?

If so, you are a rarity since they have lost much of

their viewership lately.

CNN'S RATINGS ARE IN THE TOILET

58 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Fuck Retrumpican obstructionists! 

Poor old crusty Dummycrat still suffering from a severe

case of Trump derangement syndrome.  

Perhaps you should try drinking some Constant Comment

for that, I heard it soothes the troubled mind.

You might try sweetening that cup of tea with a little bit

of honey, since your sour personality seems in desperate

need of something ambrosial.

BTW, I'm glad you posted, now I can stop worrying whether

your battle-ax behind has succumbed.

roses36.gif.b990ae2edcccc9aeb45c48853fa1e69c.gifroses36.gif.b990ae2edcccc9aeb45c48853fa1e69c.gifroses36.gif.b990ae2edcccc9aeb45c48853fa1e69c.gif

************************************************************************************

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Cynique, happy new year. I'm glad you popped in to check on the gallery.🤗

@Troy definitely tries to maintain levity around here. As always, I give him props for giving us this space to grumble, complain, theorize, pontificate, etc.🙂

This forum is like a barbershop or salon or any other place folks show up to talk about current events, politics, religion, sports, etc.

Differing views and opinions can lead to interesting dialog.  Sometimes, it can be constructive and/or educational.

Regardless, there's nothing new under the sun. Shooting the breeze on a forum defnitely won't change the arc of the  universe. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cynique said:

let me assure that i am aware no one really gives a damn what I think.

@Cynique, you are an elder and as such I will always care about what you have to say.  Anytime we are in disagreement I have to examine my view point.  

Of course I will always appreciate your candor.

14 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I'm just a regular participant, unlike you, a moderator that deletes people's comments.  

@Mzuri, Cynique does not have the power to delete posts.  Besides if she did, I'm sure she would not.  For the record, I never delete posts either.  The only exception is spam and X- rated photos.

14 hours ago, Mzuri said:

BTW, I'm glad you posted, now I can stop worrying whether your battle-ax behind has succumbed.

Me too 😉

7 hours ago, ProfD said:

Differing views and opinions can lead to interesting dialog.  Sometimes, it can be constructive and/or educational.

Always!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mzuri said:

Are you still getting your fake news from CNN?

If so, you are a rarity since they have lost much of

their viewership lately.

CNN'S RATINGS ARE IN THE TOILET

On 1/12/2022 at 10:10 PM, Cynique said:

Fuck Retrumpican obstructionists! 

Poor old crusty Dummycrat still suffering from a severe

case of Trump derangement syndrome.  

Perhaps you should try drinking some Constant Comment

for that, I heard it soothes the troubled mind.

You might try sweetening that cup of tea with a little bit

of honey, since your sour personality seems in desperate

need of something ambrosial.

BTW, I'm glad you posted, now I can stop worrying whether

your battle-ax behind has succumbed.

@MzuriYes, i regularly check out CNN and MSNBC, too. What do i care about ratings?   These stations are left-leaning and partisan and so am I, and their anchors don't out-right lie the way Faux news' clowns regularly do.  I don't know what you watch but it hasn't enhanced your credibility or banished your preoccupation with past history when it comes to the Democrats and the fact that this being 2022  behooves you to judge a party by what it presently represents, especially when it comes to minorities. You seem to be  in total denial about what the GOP has become; which is a front for white supremacy! Look at the bigoted types that flock to it!  Republicans certainly aren't the good guys in this country's political equation. or are they a viable alternative for the black race.  And can you deny the specter of trumpism that has permeated this party?  Do  you really not comprehend what the subliminal  message of the MAGA slogan represents to the shrinking population of threatened white males? Your conservative Republican  party represents the last chance for white men to retain and enforce white power in a country where they will soon be a minority.  That's why their Congressmen and Senators are ignoring and disobeying the laws and the Constitution, abandoning democracy and gravitating toward fascism because the old rules thwart their quest for survival. And this right wing new world order will probably be victorious because it appeals to the growing common denominator of racism, something that will not better things for you and your ilk who will be relegated to the wait staff, because you certainly won't be sitting at the table with the big boys. You will be nothing more than kicked-to-the curb internet trolls.

You were "worried" about whether or not i had succumbed.  But i couldn't care less about you succumbing to a fate that will diminish you, something that couldn't happen to a more deserving person.  And you might want to cut back on that trump-laced Koolaid you're guzzling. 

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

And you might want to cut back on that trump-laced Koolaid you're guzzling. 

@Cynique

I do not guzzle any Trump-laced Kool-aid because I

have a mind of my own, unlike your brainwashed self.

But thank you for expending your last bit of life force

to type all of that outdated mumbo jumbo about the 

democrats versus the Republicans.  

In case you haven't noticed, the Republican Party is 

for the working class, and the democrats represent  

the elites.

Democrats such as the arugula eating Barack Obama,  

who is too preoccupied with building his billion dollar 

presidential library to concern himself about children

being shot dead in Chicago.

Why don't you stop blaming people of white supremacy,

when it is your own taskmaster, Joe Biden, the lifelong

segregationist, who refers to Black men as boys, and 

all his other racist rhetoric.

Biden’s History of Racist Remarks

You are the typical dummycrat, trying to obfuscate your

own party's guilt by blaming Republicans/Conservatives 

for being racists, when nothing could be further from

the truth.

You remember what truth is, don't you?

picgifs-cats-8561772.gif

@MzuriLMAO. After regurgitating all that patented swill straight from the right-wing Republican playbook, - a crock of bullshit replete with your straw man arguments about Obama and Biden, neither of whom i have ever mentioned, you have the  gall to brag about thinking for yourself, which is obviously not an asset in your case. Instead of trotting out all that cut-and-paste blather from the Republican troll manual, you need to learn the difference between white supremacy and white racism. Everybody is racist; i'm racist, you're racist, they're racist.  Bottom line is whether you let racism usurp pragmatism. Biden doesn't do that. He does what's expedient, like any shrewd politician. Nor do i care whether Obama is an elitist.  He's no longer the POTUS. It ain't his job to make niggas stop killin' each other. You are grasping at straws, using  diversionary tactics in order to rationalize your embrace of a  party intent on preserving a system of white supremacy - an entrenched tradition that doesn't give a damn about negro syncophants like you. 

The difference between me and you is that i know the Democrats are flawed and that democracy is on its last legs because all men aren't really created equal.  YOU  are the brainwashed one, believing a Republican 3rd Reich will be a panacea  for the great unwashed masses when it will never be anything  but the party of predominately rich white men. Just like you will never be anything by a peripatetic phony who hisses out of both sides of her mouth.

🐍

🌵🌵🌵 

Good Morning @Cynique

I see you got up on the wrong side of the bed again, 

for the 31,025th time.

You are like a dog with a bone and in desperate need

of a new attitude, so go listen to some Patti LaBelle

or something, and try to snap out of it.

Have a NICE day!

picgifs-creddy-1232622.gif

52 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

You are like a dog with a bone and in desperate need

of a new attitude, so go listen to some Patti LaBelle

or something, and try to snap out of it.

Have a NICE day!

@Mzuri'Says a lot about your mental stability that, having branded me as the cat lady, you suddenly accuse me of acting like a dog. At least your delusions about my frame of mind are consistent. Whatever.  Pardon me if i don't pick up the towel you just threw in.  But be advised that having exposed you as the loser that you are, my usual nice day will be even better.  😄   

23 hours ago, Troy said:

@Cynique, you are an elder and as such I will always care about what you have to say.  Anytime we are in disagreement I have to examine my view point.  

Of course I will always appreciate your candor.

@Cynique, my sentiment echos @Troy in that regard.  Your views and opinions were part of the reason I stuck around this forum. 

i respect your divorce from the race and self-imposed hiatus but I'd much rather read you than not even if we disagree.😁 😎

• Thanks 1

@ProfD  We cool. I always enjoyed our exchanges both the verbal and musical ones.  I appreciate that you "get" me, and understand that I tend to be a polemecist. I'll be coming and going around here. With me, it's always just one day at a time. 😉 Check ya later.  🙂

@Delano Wassup, Del?  I slipped below the horizon but have momentarily surfaced.  I'm reminded of you every time I notice an interesting sequence of numbers on my digital clock at which time I  always take note of how i feel.  😏

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cynique said:

@Delano Wassup, Del?  I slipped below the horizon but have momentarily surfaced.  I'm reminded of you every time I notice an interesting sequence of numbers on my digital clock at which time I  always take note of how i feel.  😏

That is the essence of my entire practice. I have turned the feeling of a thing into a description of its quality.

You are an unconscious psychic and a conscious mystic.

In my way of thinking you have a logical mind. Which makes your thinking first rate. However your feelings while being  harder to articulate, give you a sense of understanding. So I believe that if you have a hard time  defining a feeling it will guide you to a solution which involves it's resolution.

I have been going deeper into my esoteric rabbit hole. I can count on one hand the people that can even remotely relate to it. You are one of the five.

You are a wonderful blend of the Solar and the Lunar. To me you are the Logical Poet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nels said:

Do you know how you sound?

Wouldn't the right wing be half of the wings. I dunno but it has that thing that can not be named. 

19 hours ago, Cynique said:

@Delano Wassup, Del?  I slipped below the horizon but have momentarily surfaced.  I'm reminded of you every time I notice an interesting sequence of numbers on my digital clock at which time I  always take note of how i feel.

Are you getting repeating numbers 11:11 or triples 2:22?

On 1/12/2022 at 8:10 PM, Cynique said:

since I made my last departure

Are we running out of fingers to count on? As fake president Joe Biden frequently says. 'c'mon' ya'll, let's lighten things up a bit! In all honesty, nobody gives a crap about what people say; but, they really care about what people actually do. In the end, comments are just social noise; it's the real bullets that you have to watch out for.

• Thanks 1

I actually DO care about what people say. Some folks on here make some incredibly valid points. And some of them alert others to events and issues they may be unaware of. 

Yeah, we all have opinions and viewpoints. But that does not mean we should malign each other or engage in feuds.

I am Democrat and have been since the days of Gerald Ford. I am not a Bernie fan and view him solely as a chief divider of those on the Left. (Not to mention a really grumpy loser).

Maybe what is missing is a true humor column that bears some connection to current events. Because honestly, that's all I'm interested in. 

Oh, and NFL football. That's still on free TV. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Maybe what is missing is a true humor column that bears some connection to current events. Because honestly, that's all I'm interested in. 

Oh, and NFL football. That's still on free TV. 

An opinion with a modicum of humor is what I try to bring to the topics on this  forum.

NFL football is my guilty pleasure on TV. 😁 😎

• Like 1

Aw, c'mon, Fellas. Everybody likes a good cat fight.  BTW, Cynique is a variation of "cynical",   something I claim the privilege to be at the ripe old age of 88 - which when reversed is 88.  I suppose this board  does need a Polly Anna presence to balance things out. Whatever.

I'm about ready to go into hibernation. So talk amongst yourselves.  zzzzzzzzz

6 hours ago, Cynique said:

Aw, c'mon, Fellas. Everybody likes a good cat fight. 

I'm about ready to go into hibernation. So talk amongst yourselves.  zzzzzzzzz

@Cynique, I find humor in the cat fights, debates and feuds too. 😁

The board is not the same without your presence. Hope hibernation doesn't last too long.😎

Poor baby @Cynique. Still lacking the empathy to understand that Black isn’t a monolithic entity. Diversity is what has enabled our people to survive and Thrive. 

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

But some of the back and forth contains personal insults and ad-hominem putdowns. That should be a no-no

Tell @Cyniqueshe just comes and insults people.

23 hours ago, ProfD said:

The board is not the same without your presence. Hope hibernation doesn't last too long.😎

One of the biggest intellectual letdowns of the year. 🤣

On 1/17/2022 at 5:43 PM, Delano said:

and think.

That’s debatable 🤣

On 1/15/2022 at 10:37 AM, Cynique said:

slipped below the horizon but have momentarily surfaced. 

You couldn’t stand being bested intellectually or morally.

On 1/21/2022 at 1:56 AM, Cynique said:

Everybody likes a good cat fight. 

you know after reading this i was thinking about excerpting the exchange between Mzuri and Cynique and sharing it in a newsletter. It may not get more to post but it will definitely get people to read, which is useful to.

while they definitely disagree they, i think they enjoyed the exchange themselves. They traded really good barbs the one below was a goodie 🙂

On 1/14/2022 at 1:16 AM, Mzuri said:

…expending your last bit of life force

to type all of that outdated mumbo jumbo about the democrats…

Of course when Cynique is on a roll she has few peers.

like a good fight the attendees witness a exchange of ideas get some entertainment. And the combatants get to hone their skills and and live to fight another day 🙂

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:10 PM, Cynique said:

Just dropped in to get a whiff of what's going on here since I made my last departure, an exit that deferred to my aversion for being around those I can't stomach.  And what a good decision that was. OMG!  I can only gasp at how the vibe here has become even more irritating. 🙄 'Felt like I had stumbled into a FOX "News" echo chamber, reeking with the gospel of right wing half truths, and rampant with hysterical conspiracy theories involving the ubiquitous  "they".

And, oh yeah.  Fuck Retrumpican obstructionists!   

I’m so glad @Del tagged me or I would have missed this deliciousness!  Blessed Be for your wit @Cynique! It is beautiful!  💕💕💕 Happy New Year!!!

51 minutes ago, Delano said:

@Cynique @Mel Hopkins and @Troy I miss you, and the exchanges. The dialogues made me change my mind or examine my position.

Thank you,
Del

Neither for me, nor with me.

I miss you all too and yes @Pioneer1 😃 You all challenge me and broaden my perspective!  Thank You! Happy New Year!  

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins I miss you, too! 😘 @ChevdoveGlad you still show up occasionally to disperse the pollution 😊 

@Troy i'm glad you haven't lost patience with me when it comes to my squaring off with my female antagonists.😉

@Del and ProfD. i appreciate your two having the broad minds to keep things in perspective. 🙃

'Hope my reappearance annoys the right wing lackeys who slither around this forum. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

I miss @Mel Hopkins too!

I miss you too!

And in typical “me” fashion - I’m still putting together the files and links from the research I promised to send to you.  The main reason I got side track is because I found a PhD Kenyan woman who hosts a blog that is adding primary source data!  😳  I will do my best to send what I have -including the link to her blog! 💕💕💕

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

The main reason I got side track is because I found a PhD Kenyan woman who hosts a blog that is adding primary source data!  

Oh! That's great!

I am so grateful that you even care to think about me!

Take your time. I am still on a fact-finding mission. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 11:10 PM, Cynique said:

"Just dropped in to get a whiff of what's going on here since I made my last departure, an exit that deferred to my aversion for being around those I can't stomach.  And what a good decision that was. OMG!  I can only gasp at how the vibe here has become even more irritating. 🙄 'Felt like I had stumbled into a FOX "News" echo chamber, reeking with the gospel of right wing half truths, and rampant with hysterical conspiracy theories ..."

Cynique,

Some of the comments I come across on here are really pitiful. So much anti-Black sentiment from people who claim to be Black.

Unsubstantiated charges, repeats of decades old anti-Black tropes and a whole lot of ignorance of recent history.

I am beginning to become convinced that some of these Trump supporters look at this lying, racist and clown as their god.

They need to worship Massa Trump so they can be told whom to hate, whom to insult and how to grovel if they are ever going to be acceptable to him.

I am not sure this is the case with all of them. But I bet a few have a secret desire to be pointed to the fields so they can live out their true dream as a subservient toady to a man they deem superior.

• Like 3

@Stefani agree with your assessment of these black carbon copy conservative trolls who spam this site, and you are doing a good job of keeping them in check. I also agree that the so-called "woke" progressive Democrats will be the reason why the Retrumpicans will make gains in the upcoming election. America has become a nation at odds with itself. Democracy is becoming obsolete. And so it goes...  

• Like 1