Gettin Your Wet On

All kidding aside, on the day after April Fools, I confess that this ol country church song struck a note in me when I first heard it in "O Brother Where Art Thou?" one of my favorite movies, a whimsical little film that took place during the era in which I grew up. Life was so much simpler back then... :huh:

Who'd have ever thought that we would be purveyors of ol country music, Troy? Just goes to show that music transcends race, culture, and time.

Did you know that the "O Brother Where Art Thou" was loosely based on Greek nythology? Specificlly,"The Odessey".

What kind of religious hymns do those who don't consider themselves Uncle Toms prefer, carey? Gangsta rappers spittin about "JC"? :huh: Surely not ones in the same vain as poignant negro spirituals.

The great Ray Charles was a fan of country music because he had an appreciation for any kind of songs with SOUL. B)

I like all kinds of music, and I make no apologies for having eclectic taste. :rolleyes:

Troy, I have a different e-mail address so I don't get notifications. Yelp, after 10 years I dropped my cable provider and my e-mail came through them. Anyway, when I started to change my address in my profile (here) I noticed it said I would have to re-qualify or something like that (verify?). I believe I've heard you say you have a long list of those trying to "join". So, since I didn't want to get lost in the shuffle and not be able to login, I did nothing. What would you suggest I do?