It is MArcus Garvey's Birthday, thoughts to his vision?

Open pulpit to all, speak your peace, I will not reply to this post. 

But I do offer another question. Garvey didn't think the black community's betterment was living aside whites. Has time proven him right? 

if you want to have a dialog with me, you can read my thougts to garvey's vision 

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=1780&type=status

• Thanks 1

Marcus Garvey was absolutely correct in his ideology that AfroAmericans begging whites for social equality was pointless. 

Instead,  AfroAmericans should have been building a strong race, industrially, commercially, educationally and politically, etc. and allowing everything social to come afterwards.

People are more inclined to listen and do business with those who bring something to the table more than crumbs i.e. grievances. 

Well, 100 years later, after integration and civil rights movement, AfroAmericans are still begging for social equality and do not have an infrastructure in place to make us a force to be reckoned with neither here in America nor globally.  😎

@Dr Francis Welsin, please define: RWS

I've always been a proponent of Garvey's ideas.  If fact I pay homage to him on this site, as you'll find Black Stars scattered about the site.

Anytime the power that be murder, or otherwise eliminate a Black person, you know that person was doing something to substantively empower Black people.  This is why I new Obama had zero reason to fear being assassinated...

@ProfD, I hear you, but the only thing is that whenever Black people do for self, white folks see fit to destroy it.  

As an aside: I'm involved in an effort to collect 100,000 signatures, during the month of February, to get Biden to exonerate Marcus Garvey.  Garvey's son, Dr. Julius Garvey is leading the effort. Stay tuned...

39 minutes ago, Troy said:

I hear you, but the only thing is that whenever Black people do for self, white folks see fit to destroy it.  

Black folks would have to be organized as a group to move collectively in all areas of human activity with protective mechanisms in place too. Unfortunately, we've been fractured and diluted in that regard.  

White supremacy wasn't built by an individual nor is it controlled by a single entity. It's a whole system and well oiled machine. 😎

• 2 weeks later...