"Pro Black" parents who are shocked that their black son/daughter married a White person

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

It is unrealistic to say President Obama has no power; Oprah has no power; Clarence Thomas has no power and countless other Blacks.

They have been allowed to either hold a position and/or have material wealth but no power.

As long as the system of white supremacy exists, no singular person of color has real power. 

However, if we were a unified group, black folks would be the most powerful force on the planet.  😎

• Thanks 1

************************************************************************************

Can a white person who dates/marries a Black/bi-racial person 

still be considered as a racist and or a white supremacist?

main-qimg-3b0c14fd221634c108e7996d658fec87-lq

************************************************************************************

11 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

Can a white person who dates/marries a Black/bi-racial person still be considered as a racist and or a white supremacist?

Absolutely.  That person should still be considered a racist/white supremacist or a race suspect. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

Can a white person who dates/marries a Black/bi-racial person 

still be considered as a racist and or a white supremacist?

Yes because the love of an individual doesn’t wipe out the views a person may have of a specific group. 

@Mzuripart of the backlash against mixed marriage is the rape by White Slave masters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

@Mzuripart of the backlash against mixed marriage is the rape by White Slave masters.

@daniellegfny

That is a very valid point that hadn't occurred to me before.

Thank you for your wisdom(s). 

On 1/24/2022 at 7:08 AM, daniellegfny said:

It is unrealistic to say President Obama has no power; Oprah has no power; Clarence Thomas has no power and countless other Blacks. It’s like a deflection to keep other blacks from tearing them down because they have power.

Yes, @daniellegfny I do believe that they have 'individual' power. You're right about that!

But I don't understand what you mean 'keep others from tearing them down'. 

Are you referring to certain negative issues that they may do to use their power wrongfully and by ignoring this they continue to hurt others?

I remember how the actress Monique lashed back at Opraph for an incident that she claimed may have hurt her career due to something issue she had with a response from Oprah and maybe Steve Harvey too.

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

They have been allowed to either hold a position and/or have material wealth but no power.

As long as the system of white supremacy exists, no singular person of color has real power. 

@ProfD Brilliant!

8 hours ago, Chevdove said:

do believe that they have 'individual' power.

Power whether collective or individual is still power. Basically humans are a covetous lot. We prefer to tear down rather than build up. By not acknowledging their power people turn a blind eye to much. Once again I say read Kendi’s work and let’s discuss if we can get better understand.

3 hours ago, nels said:

Tylenol, anyone?

I am missing your joke about me.

@nels Please explain.

10 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

By not acknowledging their power people turn a blind eye to much. Once again I say read Kendi’s work and let’s discuss if we can get better understand.

Yes, I will look into your reference, but no, I still believe that individual power is different from group power. 

4 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

The power of the group comes from the individual.

Right now, every non-white individual and the entire population of non-white people (group) are pawns in the system of white supremacy.

Only if/when non-white people organize collectively to dismantle the system of white supremacy will they have exercised their real power. 

Oprah is classified as a billionaire. Yet, her perceived "wealth" isn't enriching the lives of millions of black folks. Powerless. 

OTOH, Jeff Bezos is considered the richest man in the world. His company employs 1.4 million people. The proof is everywhere. Powerful. 

The collective wealth of non-white people could bankrupt the planet. That's why white supremacists have a ton of guns, strong militaries and nuclear weapons.

If non-white people wake up one day deciding they've had enough of the system of white supremacy, rest assured that all h8ll would break loose.😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ProfD said:

Oprah is classified as a billionaire. Yet, her perceived "wealth" isn't enriching the lives of millions of black folks. Powerless. 

Says who? You don’t know how her wealth is affecting Millions of Black people. It’s ideas followed by actions which empower people. 

I am not waiting on the Man of LeMancha to experience my freedom.

45 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

Says who? You don’t know how her wealth is affecting Millions of Black people. It’s ideas followed by actions which empower people. 

I am not waiting on the Man of LeMancha to experience my freedom.

Oprah's wealth would be growing exponentially if it was enriching millions of lives.  She was paid a king's ransom to entertain white women for 30 years.

Otherwise, I encourage everyone to chase, embrace and experience their freedom.  Do not let a piece of mail or a phone call from a bill collector steal their joy either.😁😎

On 1/26/2022 at 12:30 AM, Chevdove said:

I am missing your joke about me.

@nels Please explain.

Yes, I will look into your reference, but no, I still believe that individual power is different from group power. 

On 1/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, daniellegfny said:

Once again I say read Kendi’s work and let’s discuss

I heard and researched Kendi a long time ago. I'm not a fan.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:42 PM, ProfD said:

Oprah's wealth would be growing exponentially if it was enriching millions of lives

That’s not how inspiration and enriching others work. Many people take the lessons and apply it to their lives and never make contact with Oprah.

3 hours ago, nels said:

heard and researched Kendi a long time ago. I'm not a fan.

I am not a fan either but his book provides references which support my thesis. It would be redundant to write what was already written about Blacks being able to be racist or the origins of racial constructs as it pertains to Europeans and Americans.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:45 AM, ProfD said:

That person should still be considered a racist/white supremacist or a race suspect.

Not from my perspective.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:06 AM, Chevdove said:

Clarence Thomas has no power

I have to strongly disagree on that.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:00 AM, Mzuri said:

Black people teaching their children to look at other races

with suspicion is a form of racism.

Being shocked and angry when your Black child marries 

a white person is another one.

Throwing a party and only inviting your Black friends 

is racism.

Black people practice racism just like all the other 

ethnic and racial groups.

Quite correct, and we all know there's more.

• Thanks 1

I have yet been given an example of how black people practice racism

On 1/23/2022 at 9:00 AM, Mzuri said:

Perhaps if you took the time to read some of the replies here

you would get your answer.

Better yet, why don't you re-read your own topic starter. 

Black people teaching their children to look at other races

with suspicion is a form of racism.

Being shocked and angry when your Black child marries 

a white person is another one.

Throwing a party and only inviting your Black friends 

is racism.

Black people practice racism just like all the other 

ethnic and racial groups.

None of what you said is racism. NONE. If I grew up in a black neighborhood then how is only inviting black people to my party racism? 

If a white cop who is notorious for driving around black neighborhoods to look for teen black girls to rape comes around my black child, why shouldnt I teach them to be suspicious of these people? Being angry that a child marries a white person has 0 effect on anything so how is that racism?

Your response was idiotic and quite stupid

1 hour ago, Dr Francis Welsin said:

None of what you said is racism. NONE. If I grew up in a black neighborhood then how is only inviting black people to my party racism? 

If a white cop who is notorious for driving around black neighborhoods to look for teen black girls to rape comes around my black child, why shouldnt I teach them to be suspicious of these people? Being angry that a child marries a white person has 0 effect on anything so how is that racism?

Your response was idiotic and quite stupid

And your argument is silly.

Obviously, if you live in the 'hood with no access or 

knowledge of any white people, or you don't have

a job and therefore you have no white co-workers

or friends, and every single person that you know

on Planet Earth is Black, then you couldn't invite

any white people to your party.

But that's not what I meant, and you know it.  

If you want to twist my responses into some inane 

hypothesis to fit your narrative, that's fine, but that

doesn't mean my replies are idiotic or stupid.

Let's take your story about the white cop who 

prowls the neighborhood looking for young 

Black victims to rape, do you also teach your 

daughters that rapists come in other races

as well?

You've made several comments about teaching 

your children that whitey is bad, when a Black

man is just as capable and likely of being a

rapist as an asian, hispanic, or any admixture

of humanity thereof.  

It is this thinking that makes you seem racist.

You should teach your children about ALL 

dangers, not just the ones that might emanate

from white people. 

BTW, I am well aware that hispanic is not

a race, so don't bother pointing that out.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dr Francis Welsin 

Define pro black. I think little consensus exists in the black community to how a black person exhibits a pro black stance? 

Many parents throughout history are shocked when children's culture do not reflect their own, in the future martians will be shocked their children marry ioans.

From frederick douglass to barack obama, most but not all <not all>, black leaders have emphasized peaceful coexistence with whites. What sign of peaceful coexistence is greater than when romeo marries juliet? 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:23 AM, Mzuri said:

And your argument is silly.

Obviously, if you live in the 'hood with no access or 

knowledge of any white people, or you don't have

a job and therefore you have no white co-workers

or friends, and every single person that you know

on Planet Earth is Black, then you couldn't invite

any white people to your party.

But that's not what I meant, and you know it.  

If you want to twist my responses into some inane 

hypothesis to fit your narrative, that's fine, but that

doesn't mean my replies are idiotic or stupid.

Let's take your story about the white cop who 

prowls the neighborhood looking for young 

Black victims to rape, do you also teach your 

daughters that rapists come in other races

as well?

You've made several comments about teaching 

your children that whitey is bad, when a Black

man is just as capable and likely of being a

rapist as an asian, hispanic, or any admixture

of humanity thereof.  

It is this thinking that makes you seem racist.

You should teach your children about ALL 

dangers, not just the ones that might emanate

from white people. 

BTW, I am well aware that hispanic is not

a race, so don't bother pointing that out.

Where did I say to teach black children whitey is bad?

So far, I havent gotten an example of a black person practicing racism and also people are trying to put words in my mouth. Where did I say teach black children that white people are bad? 

1 hour ago, Dr Francis Welsin said:

Where did I say to teach black children whitey is bad?

So far, I havent gotten an example of a black person practicing racism and also people are trying to put words in my mouth. Where did I say teach black children that white people are bad? 

First off, you started this thread about people being 

shocked when their children marry a white person.

Why is that?

It can't be because you think that's a good thing.

Now you want me to cite examples of what you wrote.

Unless you are suffering from some type of memory 

loss, you should remember what you wrote for

yourself, without asking other people about it.  

On 1/19/2022 at 10:04 AM, Dr Francis Welsin said:

If your black child looks at every white person as a racist suspect then you have successfully taught them about racism. If your black child looks at a white person and believes its "not all of them" then you have done a poor job.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:52 AM, Dr Francis Welsin said:

If a white cop who is notorious for driving around black neighborhoods to look for teen black girls to rape comes around my black child, why shouldnt I teach them to be suspicious of these people? 

Several forum participants have answered your

questions about Blacks practicing racism, so why

don't you take some time to read and comprehend

their responses, instead of repeating your same

questions over and over again.

On 1/28/2022 at 1:07 AM, nels said:

Clarence Thomas has no power

@nels   I have to strongly disagree on that.

I did not make this comment. See Below: Daniellegfny made that comment about Clarence Thomas

On 1/24/2022 at 7:08 AM, daniellegfny said:

It is unrealistic to say President Obama has no power; Oprah has no power; Clarence Thomas has no power and countless other Blacks. It’s like a deflection to keep other blacks from tearing them down because they have power.

I also believe that Clarence Thomas has a high position of which causes him to have power.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:13 AM, daniellegfny said:

The power of the group comes from the individual.

@daniellegfny I agree in how @ProfD responded to your comment. 

IMO, I think that if the individual can cause a collective group to embrace a concept, then, yes, that group is dependent upon that individual leader of that concept and can lead to power over others.

However, some individuals may have money and strong beliefs, but may not be able to sway a group to conform to that belief and practice it or force their beliefs on others whether in a positive or negative way. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Let me bump this. I hope Black parents teach their children to be suspicious of all white people

On 2/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, Mzuri said:

First off, you started this thread about people being 

shocked when their children marry a white person.

Why is that?

It can't be because you think that's a good thing.

Now you want me to cite examples of what you wrote.

Unless you are suffering from some type of memory 

loss, you should remember what you wrote for

yourself, without asking other people about it.  

Several forum participants have answered your

questions about Blacks practicing racism, so why

don't you take some time to read and comprehend

their responses, instead of repeating your same

questions over and over again.

I said SUSPICIOUS not BAD. You appear to be very anti black but I wont go in on you because I have a feeling, I know what you look like. Its the audacity for me considering your beliefs and thought processes shouldnt be what they are.