It’s Here My First NFT Is Live

After a few months of procrastinating, I saw my favorite female Entrepreneur Prof Kezia M. Williams video. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZR9fqyhgTD/?utm_medium=copy_link 

She is the author of The Black Entrepreneurs’ Workbook.

image.thumb.jpg.2fd9f0b6ed62f1d7fcbab51ee289429d.jpg

So after I watched the video, I got fired up. Here it is.

https://opensea.io/assets/0x495f947276749ce646f68ac8c248420045cb7b5e/46223523598365333350210505486367128690609370038850234427737026812724012646401/ 

Let me get your feedback and share it with others.

839BDB87-79C2-4F32-8696-821CF3E96D32.thumb.jpeg.792cf51e97778f5c808564eaa83df123.jpeg

• Thanks 1

************************************************************************************

15 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

Let me get your feedback and share it with others.

This is GREAT!!!

Congratulations!!!

I was wondering what you've been up to.

************************************************************************************

I'm taking a meeting next week with a Black owned NFT marketplace, considering offering Literary NFT's, presumably book covers, text, audio, etext, or unique author contributions.

For the life of me I can not think of a business model that make sense.  In other words why would someone by, say, an image from a book like the one Daniellegfny just shared? 

1. Is it purely an investment in what one believes is an appreciable asset?
  2. It is because you are granting a license to someone else to use the image?
  3. It is because someone likes it so much that they plan to display it in their home and boast the they own the original asset?

I can see a case potentially for #2.  What stops someone else from selling the identical digital asset?

@daniellegfny I was going to bid $5 for your art just to get the ball rolling, but Open Sea does not appear to support cold storage wallets (I have Trezor) and I don't feel like creating a wallet on the web.  All I'm doing now is simply holding Bitcoin and Ethereum cyrpto in hopes it appreciates over the years 

Daniellegtny What are the transactions costs associated with creating and selling the NFT you posted on open Sea?

The are a whole variety of issues with the entire business model. Meta and all the other social media platforms getting into the business -- doing exactly what Open Sea is doing when make me reluctant to enter the space, since everyone will flock to Meta's platform.

Perhaps my biggest concern is I simply don't understand way anyone would pay almost $70MM a digital art -- when nothing else stops anyone else from using it.  To me this is just another example of our wealth inequality: one in which working people are homeless and others have $70 mil to spend on a jpeg.

Does anyone truly believe this (below) will resell for more in the future or is "worth" the price paid?  But if you are a multi-billionaire, what is $70,000,000?

69-mllon.jpg

17 hours ago, Mzuri said:

This is GREAT!!!

Congratulations!!!

I was wondering what you've been up to.

I still have to list it. Mining cost are around $150. @Troy

12 hours ago, Troy said:

Does anyone truly believe this (below) will resell for more in the future or is "worth" the price paid?  But if you are a multi-billionaire, what is $70,000,000?

That’s the same question which is always asked. It’s precisely the answer what distinguishes the scammed from the winners and those on the sideline.

12 hours ago, Troy said:

was going to bid $5 for your art just to get the ball rolling, but Open Sea does not appear to support cold storage wallets (I have Trezor)

Thank you. That’s good to know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

I submitted a support ticket

I feel your pain, getting stuck in an app is a drag.

At least you got a reply, so that is something.

Keep trying.  Perhaps various times of day might  

make a difference in their level of congestion.

Coinbase is starting an NFT platform soon.

They are working with Mastercard to make it 

easier to buy and sell digital products.

On 1/30/2022 at 4:11 AM, daniellegfny said:

That’s the same question which is always asked. It’s precisely the answer what distinguishes the scammed from the winners and those on the sideline.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.  

The reality is that the vast majority of NFTs lose money (more than 90%).  We always read the stories of the people who hit it big, but never about the countless people who lose money. 

This biased coverage and/or algorithm creates the impression that all you have to do is create an NFT and some poor sap will come by an pay you a fortune for it.

This has always been the case with anything new.  In the early days of the web people thought all you have to do is put up a website and the money will start rolling in. Most websites lose money, but the media focuses on the spectacular successes.  Again this distorts reality and people are misled.

That said there are probably ways people can make money with NFT, as one can make still make money with a website.  The truth, I suspect, is that most people will lose, some will make modest amounts and others, an minuscule portion of the total, will get rich.  The rich ones are the only ones you'll ever read about...

• 2 weeks later...