What do you want out of life?

On 2/1/2022 at 4:53 PM, nels said:

Impact.

Accelerate

On 2/2/2022 at 2:17 AM, ProfD said:

I want to see the end of hate, greed and suffering, dismantling of white supremacy and the rise of peace, joy and prosperity for all human beings. I know it's a tall order. 😎

What would need to occur for that to become a reality?

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Or you get Gilligan's Island.

I think the white supremacy argument doesn't hold much if any weight here. The white supremacy argument has been the rallying cry anytime Democrats and The Left feel that they're losing their grip on controlling black America.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, nels said:

I think the white supremacy argument doesn't hold much if any weight here. The white supremacy argument has been the rallying cry anytime Democrats and The Left feel that they're losing their grip on controlling black America.

I know your comment was in response to @Delano but for me, as someone who is politically neutral, I do not see white supremacy as an argument.

I believe the system of white supremacy is very real and it's the most destructive force against humanity on the planet. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

************************************************************************************

30 minutes ago, ProfD said:

I believe the system of white supremacy is very real and it's the most destructive force against humanity on the planet. 

I never even think about white supremacy and 

my life is fine.

My Husband served in the U.S. Army for thirty 

years, he joined back in the 1950s, I asked him 

if he ever experienced racism and he said 

"No"

So if he didn't experience anything untoward 

during his military career, what is everybody 

else complaining about?

Let me just add that he is an extremely 

wonderful and charming person, so it would

be difficult for anyone to mistreat him. 

But still.

What is your gripe?

What are white people keeping you from

or depriving you of?

************************************************************************************

1 hour ago, Mzuri said:

I never even think about white supremacy and my life is fine.

What is your gripe?

What are white people keeping you from or depriving you of?

As I mentioned in another thread, it's not about me.  I'm not selfish.

A system of white supremacy is wrong against all of humanity. 😎

Eternity and peace with intermittent periods of rest.

I want to be able to enjoy nature without danger of pain.

I want to experience warmth and the cool of the day.

I want to experience the joy of a flowing river and the shade of trees.

I want to be able to enjoy a garden and the wonderful and pleasant odors from it.

I want to enjoy a social life with all kinds of people on the earth.

I want to have a lovely home.

I want to be in the company of the highest being in the universe [That's my ultimate desire]

I want my inner pain to be avenged.

I want to be able to enjoy, adapt and learn to appreciate the wonderful taste of natural foods, the right kinds of nourishment.

I want to be able to see and behold all of the natural beauty that the world has to offer 

I want my offspring to be at peace forever

I want to be able to make amends with anyone that I wrongfully hurt

I want to be able to say thank you and show my appreciation to every human being who directly or even indirectly helped me gain peace

I want to be healthy! I want a healing, a complete rejuvenation! 

I want to be beautiful as in my youth but more enhanced! ...

WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN?

Not enough of any of the above!!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Chevdoveyou are one of those people that make me want to be a better person.

@DelIt's been my experience that a computer has a life of its own and can enable  you to pick up vibes from people you've never met.   Ive always bonded with ChevDove and Mel, although I'm sure we don't agree about everything. But i could just sense that we we're  in sync on another level.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i want out of life is to be able to adequately play the hand that life has dealt me.   

Lately, I've been exploring the Existenialism discipline.  One of the things it preaches is that Life has no meaning, that it's up to the individual to create his own essence.  Quantum physics suggests that unless something is observed, it doesn't exist. So, "seeing is believing" and "it is, what it is"  have become  components of my current mantra. But because i am fluid, this is open to change. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:37 AM, Mzuri said:

My Husband served in the U.S. Army for thirty years, he joined back in the 1950s, I asked him if he ever experienced racism and he said 

"No"

So if he didn't experience anything untoward during his military career, what is everybody else complaining about?

If I understand you correctly if your husband did not feel he experienced racism in the military during his 39 year career, then racism and racists acts did not take place in the military or anywhere else.  Is that what you are saying?

Many physicists hate it when lay people take technical terms and ideas from quantum physics and apply them to everyday life.

" What do you want out of life?" This is a good question @Del

I know one way to get at the answer is for one to take their first response, then ask "Why?"  Then keep asking why until you can't go any deeper.  If you have not arrived at your answer you need to ponder the question more.

@Delano In your response to @nels did you mean "elaborate?"  If so, that is the "why" question I'm referring to above 🙂

4 hours ago, Delano said:

What is the meaning of a life versus purpose. It's like in Numerology you have a Destiny Number and a Path number. Destiny is like the city and Path is the route you take.

I know that I don't know, and I question if anyone knows.  Words are inadequate to explain what "is" is. To me, Life is a mystery.  

Whether life is a mystery or a question, UGK said, "one day you're here...and then you're gone".

I say live your life to the fullest because the end is always near. 

The leading cause of death among human beings is birthdays.  The next one might be the last... 😁😎

3 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Whether life is a mystery or a question, UGK said, "one day you're here...and then you're gone".

I say live your life to the fullest because the end is always near. 

The leading cause of death among human beings is birthdays.  The next one might be the las

Words, words, words.  

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

@ProfDHamlet and the thousands of other people who came after him who have uttered this simple phrase. Sorry I forgot to put it in quotes. In any case, I obviously considered it to be an appropriate response to your soliloquy.

@Cynique, it's all good.  One day I'll stop sermonizing here.  😁😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

, it's all good.  One day I'll stop sermonizing here. 

You don't sermonize but - you do sit on the fence.  Sometimes I wish you'd be more passionate about issues and have convictions instead of being neutral.  

On 2/8/2022 at 3:35 PM, Cynique said:

What is the meaning of a life versus purpose

I don't know.

Purpose gives me meaning -and meaning is purposeful.  So, knowing a purpose is what I'd like out of life.  However, I like what @richardmurray shared - it was simple not easy - but very satisfying.  He said, a human's purpose is to live on this planet." So if that's the purpose -I say "Hell Yeah!" ✊🏽

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 9:13 AM, Mel Hopkins said:

I don't know.

Even when you say you don't know, you have given it enough thought to say you don't know. And then you give an asymmetrical mirror meaning answer. When the World Tour happens for either of us, we have to sit down in person.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 4:43 AM, Delano said:

you are one of those people that make me want to be a better person.

@Delano Thank you!!!

You've made my day! 

On 2/7/2022 at 1:31 PM, Cynique said:

Ive always bonded with ChevDove and Mel, although I'm sure we don't agree about everything. But i could just sense that we we're  in sync on another level.  

You've have spoken what I feel @Cynique

• Thanks 1