Why Are Some High-Profile Blacks Now Committing Suicide At An Increasingly Alarming Rate?

Woman who jumped from NYC high-rise identified as Miss USA 2019 Cheslie Kryst
https://nypost.com/2022/01/30/fatal-nyc-jumper-identified-as-miss-usa-2019-cheslie-kryst/

- - -

Regina King's Son Ian Alexander Jr. Dies by Suicide: He 'Cared So Deeply'
https://people.com/parents/regina-king-son-ian-alexander-jr-dies-by-suicide/

- - -

Moses J. Moseley Found Dead From Alleged Suicide
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZbx0ENLS-9/

- - -

Notable Black People Who Died By Suicide
https://newsone.com/playlist/notable-black-people-suicide-deaths/item/10

- - -

Suicide Among Blacks
https://www.healthyplace.com/depression/articles/suicide-among-blacks

Thoughts? Perspectives?

************************************************************************************

1 hour ago, nels said:

Thoughts? Perspectives?

I don't know why a person would want to kill themselves,

unless they had some terminal illness or something along

those lines.

The impression that I got from the lady that jumped out 

the window a couple of days ago, it seems like some final 

act of attention seeking.

Why would you jump out the window or off the top of a  

building knowing that it's going to be all over the news, 

knowing that someone will have to scrape your remains

off the sidewalk, and that people will be traumatized by

your final selfish act.

If anybody reading this is feeling suicidal, please wait 

until tomorrow and give it some thought.  

Problems are temporary.

Death is forever.  

************************************************************************************

Well, we know @Mzuri will not be answering phones at the suicide prevention hotline.🤣

Almost 40 years ago, I knew a guy who committed suicide at 16 years old. He was successful on his 2nd attempt. While he seemed to have everything a teenager could want materially, he could never seem to find joy and happiness. 

Until we truly remove any stigma related to mental illness and learn how to deal with it effectively, people will continue to self-medicate and/or take matters into their own hands to end their pain and suffering.

It's not for any of us to judge or minimize how another person feels and/or deals with their problems real or imagined.

If empathy is a stretch, we should  be compassionate. It doesn't cost too much. 😎

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ProfD said:

It's not for any of us to judge or minimize how another person feels and/or deals with their problems real or imagined.

@ProfD

I agree with you there.  We have no way of knowing

what somebody else is going through.

A few months ago, I read an article about a man who 

committed suicide, supposedly because his dog died.

I have no way of knowing how he felt about his dog.

Myself, I would just get another dog, but I don't know 

how I would feel if my dog died, since I haven't had 

one lately.

But I doubt that I would be suicidal about it.

As to my thoughts that some people are committing 

suicide as a final act of attention seeking, that's the 

conclusion that I've drawn since some of the latest

suicides have been social media influencers and

YouTube "stars."  Not necessarily Black people.

As soon as some of them have a minor setback, 

they are doing themselves in.  I heard that some 

of them live streamed their death.

It's troubling, and it's heartbreaking when it's a

young person that has their whole life ahead of

them.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:46 PM, nels said:

Woman who jumped from NYC high-rise identified as Miss USA 2019 Cheslie Kryst

I have read some comments about the suicide jump of Cheslie Kryst and there is some doubt that she did. Some believe there was foul play.

I am one of those that have a hard time believing that she committed suicide. 

I do feel that there could be foul play because, I just do not believe in the little of what I heard about her suicide note and I have other questions too.

She was an amazing, strong spirited and beautiful person and she was very confident in her convictions, imo. 

Was Cheslie Kryst pushed? Internet wants answers to suspicious questions | MEAWW

Her mother did say that she was suffering from high functioning depression, and also Cheslie was very outspoken though about what bothered her and why she left her job as a litigation lawyer. She spoke clearly about the racism that she endured as to why she left that job, so that kind of a strong conviction imo, will cause depression for many Black people but, I still have a hard time believing that she would commit suicide after gaining the kind of victories that she did. No, I just don't believe it right now. 

One of the reasons I initially declined to comment on this thread is because I recognize there may be more than one incredibly mean-spirited and vicious-minded person in these discussion forums. 

From her comments, Mzuri seems to exhibit scant sympathy and patience for many other Blacks who get into trouble. She can be beyond hateful at times. And such thinking puts her in the company of like-minded GOP legislators who think nothing of slashing Aid to Dependent Children, aid to disabled children, ( Texas Governor Gregg Abbott in 2016 ),  refusing to add funds for Veterans Affairs and cutting the budgets for Medicaid and Medicare benefits for the elderly, the disabled and the chronically ill. 

So, it stands to reason Mzuri might heap abuse on those who take their own lives for the sole sake of appearing superior.  

Recent suicides did not just claim the lives of notable Blacks, but it also took the sons of actor Michael Madsen and Irish singer Sinead O'Connor. We know that Regina King's son, Ian Alexander, took his own life. And now, suicide has snuffed out the future of former Miss USA Cheslie Kryst, whose mother said publicly that her daughter was a beautiful soul, despite being prone to depression.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

One of the reasons I initially declined to comment on this thread is because I recognize there may be more than one incredibly mean-spirited and vicious-minded person in these discussion forums. 

From her comments, Mzuri seems to exhibit scant sympathy and patience for many other Blacks who get into trouble. She can be beyond hateful at times. And such thinking puts her in the company of like-minded GOP legislators who think nothing of slashing Aid to Dependent Children, aid to disabled children, ( Texas Governor Gregg Abbott in 2016 ),  refusing to add funds for Veterans Affairs and cutting the budgets for Medicaid and Medicare benefits for the elderly, the disabled and the chronically ill. 

So, it stands to reason Mzuri might heap abuse on those who take their own lives for the sole sake of appearing superior.  

Recent suicides did not just claim the lives of notable Blacks, but it also took the sons of actor Michael Madsen and Irish singer Sinead O'Connor. We know that Regina King's son, Ian Alexander, took his own life. And now, suicide has snuffed out the future of former Miss USA Cheslie Kryst, whose mother said publicly that her daughter was a beautiful soul, despite being prone to depression.

Nobody GAF whether you comment or not.

Stop stalking me around this forum.

Thank you.

Mzuri,

Actually, a lot of people do care what and how I write. That's one of the benefits of being such a good writer, editor and a teacher.

You are one of several always-angry folks who cannot solve me, overcome my truths or even control your temper. 

Stalk you? You've gotta be kidding. You're an embarrassment to Black Learning and Schoolyard Taunts 101.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:29 AM, Chevdove said:

She spoke clearly about the racism that she endured

Is overt racism the real 800 pound gorilla in the room, or is it something more sinister and deceptive like social steering?

On 2/7/2022 at 3:26 PM, Stefan said:

seems to exhibit scant sympathy and patience for many other Blacks who get into trouble

If it's warranted, I don't see a problem with this viewpoint. Just because you're black, doesn't mean that you are immune from criticism. #BehaviorMatters

On 2/7/2022 at 4:31 PM, Mzuri said:

heap abuse on those who take their own lives for the sole sake of appearing superior

I'm just not seeing the validity of that statement. I don't see anyone heaping abuse to achieve superiority here. What I do see is deflection to hide the deficiencies of judgment, reason, and perhaps the lack of interest exploring root causes.

When are Nels and some others on here, going to finally realize that because someone Black is attacked in the news media, handcuffed by authorities or maligned by the demented, this does not mean they are guilty as charged?

Many who are Black are unworthy, according to this guy. Which flies in the face of the Innocence Project and the constant and continuing dropping of criminal charges against thousands of Blacks each year.  Not to mention the continued exposes of covered up police misconduct, rampant government corruption and unavoidable evidence of the never ending war against our people. 

According to the National Registry of Exonerations, there have been 2,964 individual criminal cases that were investigated and resulted in exonerations since 1989. The total time that was lost due to unjust imprisonments amounted to 26,500 years, the Registry said. And this was from 2016.

People in other ethnic groups have not only noticed, but are taking our side against these unjust murders, imprisonments and racism.

However, unlike Nels, I post links that prove my truth:

Thousands of Black convicted of crimes determined innocent

BlackAllies7 small.jpg

On 2/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, nels said:

Is overt racism the real 800 pound gorilla in the room, or is it something more sinister and deceptive like social steering?

@nels I listened to Cheslie and she mentioned the word 'micro-aggression' and I think it applies to your question about 'social steering'.

I had to research that term that she used to describe some of the issues that she faced as a lawyer, issues that led her to leave that career.

I learned a lot from this incredible young lady, and I am so hurt that she has died. 

The media and reports say that she left a 'suicide note' and that she wanted her mother to have her belongings. Perhaps one day, more will surface about this because just about everyone that knew her says that there was no sign that showed she was that depressed to have committed suicide. 

Did she have a failed relationship or something? --a break up with a significant other?

Also, the reports say that hours before her death, she uploaded a pic of herself and the supposed suicide note that read something like "MAY THIS DAY BRING YOU PEACE".

No, imo, that is NOT a suicide note! That sounds rather cryptic to me. 

@Chevdove

Thank you. 

In the early morning of Feb. 4, 1999, four White New York City undercover cops from the Street Crimes Unit encountered young West African immigrant Amadou Diallo outside of his Bronx home. They later claimed that Diallo was a rape suspect and when they approached, they thought he was a firing a gun at them. Which was nonsense.

But Amadou didn’t understand what they were saying and trying to show his I.D., he simply pulled out his wallet.

The four cops fired 41 shots, hitting Amadou 19 times as he stood in the doorway of his own home.  

The 23-year-old's body was riddled with bullets. He even had a bullet hole in the bottom of his foot. Amadou didn't have a gun. Just the wallet.

Like everyone else in New York City, I was furious.

So, I went to a rally in memory of Amadou outside the U.N. building and was standing in a huge multi-racial crowd on First Avenue in Manhattan. Rev. Al Sharpton was preparing to speak and I turned to a tall Jewish father next to me who was balancing his young son atop his shoulders and thanked him for coming.

He looked at me with big smile and told me: "I had to be here for Amadou. Because I know this will never work as a protest if it's just Black people." We bumped fists.

After Rev. Sharpton spoke, he asked us not to march. But the crowd was so energized and angry, we did. All the way down to City Hall, chanting "Police Training 101. It's a wallet - not a gun!"

My nieces called me later that night to tell they saw me on TV. In the aftermath of Amadou's death, the Street Crime Unit was disbanded.

Facing an upsurge in street crime and shootings, Eric Adams, the new Mayor of NYC and a former police captain, is about to reconstitute the Street Crime Unit.

Here are additional images to prove Black people are not alone in these police brutality protests.

BlackAllies-Jews small.jpg

Blackallieslatino4 small.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2022 at 4:45 PM, Stefan said:

@Chevdove

Thank you. 

In the early morning of Feb. 4, 1999, four White New York City undercover cops from the Street Crimes Unit encountered young West African immigrant Amadou Diallo outside of his Bronx home. They later claimed that Diallo was a rape suspect and when they approached, they thought he was a firing a gun at them. Which was nonsense.

But Amadou didn’t understand what they were saying and trying to show his I.D., he simply pulled out his wallet.

The four cops fired 41 shots, hitting Amadou 19 times as he stood in the doorway of his own home.  

The 23-year-old's body was riddled with bullets. He even had a bullet hole in the bottom of his foot. Amadou didn't have a gun. Just the wallet.

Like everyone else in New York City, I was furious.

So, I went to a rally in memory of Amadou outside the U.N. building and was standing in a huge multi-racial crowd on First Avenue in Manhattan. Rev. Al Sharpton was preparing to speak and I turned to a tall Jewish father next to me who was balancing his young son atop his shoulders and thanked him for coming.

He looked at me with big smile and told me: "I had to be here for Amadou. Because I know this will never work as a protest if it's just Black people." We bumped fists.

After Rev. Sharpton spoke, he asked us not to march. But the crowd was so energized and angry, we did. All the way down to City Hall, chanting "Police Training 101. It's a wallet - not a gun!"

My nieces called me later that night to tell they saw me on TV. In the aftermath of Amadou's death, the Street Crime Unit was disbanded.

Facing an upsurge in street crime and shootings, Eric Adams, the new Mayor of NYC and a former police captain, is about to reconstitute the Street Crime Unit.

Here are additional images to prove Black people are not alone in these police brutality protests.

BlackAllies-Jews small.jpg

Blackallieslatino4 small.jpg

Images prove nothing when they, white people know who the racist are and what the racist are doing. Them not telling you is the harmful part. 

If you want to know why Black people are committing suicide, look at the parents 1st. Depression doesnt come out of no where and it takes time to develop but look at the parents 

On 2/15/2022 at 5:45 PM, Stefan said:

I am ashamed but still feel I need to say this; I've not heard about this incident!!!