Crime and Enforcement Activity in New York City (Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2020)

I was asked the question via Twitter why did a prominent Black NYC Reporter and Commentator why he used the term Black on Black Crime and not use terms like Asian on Asian or White on White Crime.

Here was his response that was on the air near the end of the Podcast.

Because I like seeing data rather than just deal in generalities I looked up the 2020 Crime Statistics for the NYC. I was shocked to say the least. Here is one of the tables  contained in the report.

1A0E8897-123B-49C9-9881-09ECB272A8E0.thumb.png.f19056828fc0b38fc825c594cdcb5a02.png

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/year-end-2020-enforcement-report-20210721.pdf

Here’s Dominic Carter’s Bio. http://dominiccarteronline.com/

I would like to get your feedback. 

************************************************************************************

9 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

I would like to get your feedback. 

Did he answer you?

The term Black-on-Black crime is probably used most often

because it is the highest rate of occurrence between criminal

and victim.

But those charts don't indicate whether those crimes were 

Black-on-Black, or other-race-on-other-race, they only show

the race of the perpetrators and the race of the victims. 

Not who did what to whom.  

It could have been Black-on-white or any other combination.

Unless I'm missing something.  I looked at the PDF too.

It's no wonder everybody says that Blacks commit the most 

crimes, because it's true. 

That's embarrassing.

I wish Black people would stop being criminals.

And BTW, I love the picture of you in the hat.  

************************************************************************************

I have never experienced crime in NYC as a problem. I know neighbors, black or white , who said such things. I know neighbors black or white who agree with me. Various ages or gender or other racial category. At the moment, people see what they want to see when it comes to crime. Statistics are assessed, make of them what you will. I don't see a right or wrong as much as opinion. The lack of a functional collective consensus hurts black people. 

The term black on black crime isn't unfair to me. But, its utilization is clearly based on biases from black or non black people. The biases have been built up for centuries. Are the biases on truth? I say no. But each bias has an agenda, from the black or the non black. 

My Expanded Thoughts

Single Status Update from 02/04/2022 by richardmurray - AALBC.com’s Discussion Forums

41 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

I have never experienced crime in NYC as a problem. I know neighbors, black or white , who said such things. I know neighbors black or white who agree with me. Various ages or gender or other racial category.

There is a branch of criminology called victimology.

That is the study of things that victims do to attract crime.

Although crime can happen to anyone, when people engage 

in common sense behaviors such as locking their doors, walking 

in well-lit areas, not being flashy, etc. it helps to keep them safe.

You are one of those people who keeps criminals at bay.

That's why nothing untoward has happened to you.

You make an interesting or positive point, in my mind @Mzuri

One I should had mentioned and didn't. thank you. 

I still don't think I have acted in any way special. I do think of richard pryor's old joke, about white people in the woods. If you walk the street with a gold watch on, well shame on you. To be blunt, NYC, like all big cities in humanity has and always will be full of financially poor people, statistically poorer than most people outside the big cities, including the small black towns , white or black or other. so, blinging around them is inviting trouble. 

• Like 1