CRT has nothing to do with Making White People uncomfortable

CRT actually DOES make a lot of White People uncomfortable. In fact, the very term enrages millions of Whites and probably, a good number of Latinos as well. 

And it's because well-meaning Black educators, historians, activists and observers never came up with a one-sentence explanation of what CRT really is. 

The funny thing is that CRT is taught at the university level only. It is not Black History at all and it is not taught in grade, intermediate/ junior or any high schools.

And because no unassailable one sentence description was ever devised that could be employed to hurl back at CRT's detractors, this ceded the political debate space to haters of Black Advancement for more than a year. And during this time, many ignorant Whites either unknowingly or knowingly gave the GOP tremendous momentum to make CRT a huge political wedge issue. 

Now, without cheating and using only your own words, describe what Critical Race Theory is. 

12 hours ago, Stefan said:

CRT actually DOES make a lot of White People uncomfortable.

I'm not sure what CRT's technical definition is, but anyone with a cursory knowledge of American history who does not feel uncomfortable probably has a mental disorder. 

• Like 1

Troy,

This is exactly what I was talking about. And this failure to accurately describe CRT went on for a long time allowing White people to define the term and make up all sorts of nonsense about it.

Each time I asked, I received different replies. And none were correct. 

Most who try to explain it employ 50-cent word verbiage which average readers in the U.S. have a hard time understanding since most read at a 7th and 8th grade level.

Others dance around it claiming: "Oh, it's been around for 40 years and such and such.” Long-winded explanations do little to clear the air.

And the more I asked, it made me realize that no Black person could clarify what CRT is either, but so many wanted to argue about it.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

I'm not sure what CRT's technical definition is, but anyone with a cursory knowledge of American history who does not feel uncomfortable probably has a mental disorder.

Critical Race Theory a Primer gives a great breakdown of the subject matter. Why should you feel uncomfortable? Did you cause? Can you change it?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

Why should you feel uncomfortable? Did you cause? Can you change it?

It is empathy Brother.

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

...it made me realize that no Black person could clarify what CRT is either,

Well I was aware there was an academic definition that had been in sure for years, perhaps decades.  I just did not care enough to research it. 

The whole CRT beef seems to be media driven. a (social)media that is optimized for sowing dissent rather than enlightening people and creating harmony.

IMO, CRT is an intellectual exercise.  What's really needed is a codification of the AfroAmerican holocaust that an average reader can comprehend. 

When Americans truly know the history of slavery, how it benefitted the wealth of a nation and still has lingering effects to this day, it should make a whole lot of folks very uncomfortable. Then, maybe we stand a better chance of redressing that peculiar institution.

We don't need to allow them to continue peddling  the sanitized version of Black History in February, the shortest month of the year.  It's the equivalent of putting up a Christmas tree in December.  

The Jews do not intellectualize the holocaust.  Nor do they allow it be used as a political football.  They make sure everybody on the planet is aware of the genocide that was committed against them.  They have organziations in place to make sure nobody crosses the line in respecting it. I admire the Jews in that regard.  😎

Critical race theory is a "buzz word" for the "conservative right". It's coded language for implying that exposing America's accurate history makes the white foundling fathers look like villains instead of  honorable heroes. Dissident white parents claim to  fear that if the awful truth  is taught in grade schools, it can cause intimidation of whites kids by their resentful classmates of color.  And it can, because children are not critical thinkers. This is a dilemma because it is the whole truth.  As someone who attended a predominately white high school which turned into a predominately black one, black kids did start picking on the whites ones. (incidentally my high school was where Black panther leader Fred Hampton graduated from. )

As we know, America never was the great melting pot. It was a roiling stew.  Democracy was a noble experiment that is now being eroded for political gain.  Which is why the United States may eventually go the way of all great empires. IMO 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Critical race theory is a "buzz word" for the "conservative right". It's coded language for implying that exposing America's accurate history makes the white foundling fathers look like villains instead of  honorable heroes

Old Fools are the funniest. It’s Black history month exposes the secrets.

• Like 1

To everyone who thought about and offered their take on CRT:

THANK YOU!

Most Black people actually believe CRT is simply Black History. But history is comprised of true facts and events.

Critical Race Theory, like all theories, is a supposition, conjecture or a hypotheses. 

So, I simply came up with an unassailable ONE SENTENCE explanation of what CRT is. And this one sentence be can be tossed right back in the faces and the keyboards of the world's racists, the ignorant and those who have trouble thinking for themselves. The latter appear to  prefer parroting the nonsense of non-Blacks who think they can characterize us.

I will always defend Black Advancement, Black Achievement and Black Excellence. This is why Black authors write. Why Black filmmakers produce movies. And why those who refer to themselves as Creatives Arts shout out our inherent Greatness in song, dance and art.

I'll be damned if I am going to allow some the uninformed, the hateful or the jealous to get away with savaging our luminaries or downplaying our History. Like any writer, I WILL respond.

Here is my definition of CRT:

Critical Race Theory is a premise that posits skin color and race determine the outcomes of most decisions, laws and behavior in the U.S.

That's it!  The explanation consists of one sentence and it will prove effective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

ld Fools are the funniest. It’s Black history month exposes the secrets.

stfu. It takes an old fool to know one. You're nothing but a Retrumpican mouthpiece and a wanna be.  If you didn't have right wing conservative trash to brainwash you, you'd be a mute.  

• Haha 1

@StefanDo not be so quick to dismiss popular perception of an ambiguous term .  In reality what white parents think CRT is has a greater impact  than what "intellectuals"  pronounce it to be.  Consider the 2 different interpretations of what happened on January 6th. People believe what they want to believe.

• Like 1

Cynique,

You should go back and read my earlier comments. 

On 2/7/2022 at 6:41 PM, Stefan said:

CRT actually DOES make a lot of White People uncomfortable. In fact, the very term enrages millions of Whites and probably, a good number of Latinos as well. 

And it's because well-meaning Black educators, historians, activists and observers never came up with a one-sentence explanation of what CRT really is. 

The funny thing is that CRT is taught at the university level only. It is not Black History at all and it is not taught in grade, intermediate/ junior or any high schools.

And because no unassailable one sentence description was ever devised that could be employed to hurl back at CRT's detractors, this ceded the political debate space to haters of Black Advancement for more than a year. And during this time, many ignorant Whites either unknowingly or knowingly gave the GOP tremendous momentum to make CRT a huge political wedge issue. 

Now, without cheating and using only your own words, describe what Critical Race Theory is. 

You can see from this comment I posted on Feb. 7, 2022 at around 6:07 PM that I am well aware of popular misconception of CRT among our detractors. What you wrote is EXACTLY what I had long complained about on other forums. That is why I came up with my one sentence explanation. 

We, Black people, allowed this to controversy to fester and now we're going to pay for it at the polls in November.

• Like 1

************************************************************************************

On 2/6/2022 at 11:56 AM, daniellegfny said:

what’s your view?

Whether CRT is an acronym for Critical Race Theory or

Culturally Responsive Teaching, they don't need to be

teaching it to five-year-olds.

Our entire society has gone down the toilet ever since

Biden occupied the White House.

************************************************************************************

• Like 1

Critical Race Theory has been around for 40 years and it is NOT taught in grade, intermediate or any high school. 

CRT is an elective course only taught at the university level.

Now, if you disagree, provide PROOF.

Exactly how could a five year old comprehend an adult theory when most only want to resume playing their video games?

Kingignorance small.jpg

• Like 1

Daniellegfny,

American Spectator is a Conservative magazine. And the publication did not identify a single public school that teaches CRT. Not one!

Just because this Right Wing online publication claims CRT is being taught in "sundry ways" does not make it so. In fact, I doubt you even know what sundry means. You have a habit of posting nonsense than fleeing before you can prove it. 

So, Daniellefgny, identify ONE public school in the United States that teaches CRT. Go ahead, name one and publish the location. I am calling you out. You're a phony.

One thing I have learned about you is that when it comes to researching information, you never want to do it. 

If anyone claims CRT is being in public schools, especially to young children as Mzuri claims, furnish the name of the school.

Don't bother posting links from publications because they will all be Right Wing or Republican-leaning and have a history of publishing articles proving hostile to Black Advancement. 

I am still wondering why Mzuri would think a five year old child would understand a university level course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@daniellegfny source really do matter -- a lot.  So does critical reading skills.

As @Stefan wrote the article does not point out a single school teaching CRT (despite the headline). Did you just do a search without reading the article

I actually read the article because it gave some insight into why folks are so bent out shape about this issue.  The article was highly inflammatory filled with baseless conclusions. 

Here is a perfect example from the article

"For example, when schools separate out white and black children in different classes, they are teaching children one of CRT’s core presuppositions: that white people, solely by virtue of their skin color, are oppressors, and that black and brown people, solely by virtue of their skin color, are victims — victims of white supremacy and the systemically racist system that prevents people of color (POC) from succeeding in America."

In order to support the claim, "...schools separate out white and black children in different classes, they are teaching children one of CRT’s core presuppositions..." they link to a NY Post article:

"A black mother is blasting her daughter’s Georgia elementary school for “segregating” African American students to give them “more opportunities” amid a series of controversies tied to critical race theory."

Again, none of this suggests CRT is being taught,  

Who says separating white and black children is a core principle of CRT?  Why is right wing media pushing that idea?  Who invented the practice of separating of white and Black children? Who why are schools in places like NY more segregated than ever?  This is crazy?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

So, Daniellefgny, identify ONE public school in the United States that teaches CRT. Go ahead, name one and publish the location. I am calling you out. You're a phony.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/yes-critical-race-theory-is-being-taught-in-public-schools/ar-AAM2t1V

How about a School District 

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/30/fairfax-va-school-district-spent-24000-on-ibram-kendi-books-for-u-s-history-classes/

3 hours ago, Troy said:

source really do matter -- a lot.  So does critical reading skills.

That’s a game to disqualify information. Once you have the data you can further seek to verify it. Why should a liberal or leftists source be of higher value than a conservative on. That’s like saying Black publications aren’t as qualified as White.

Here is a testimony by a teacher. https://dennisprager.com/watch-the-show/ 2/9/2022

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

And in NYC

https://nypost.com/2021/04/24/how-parents-are-fighting-critical-race-theory-in-nyc-schools/

and pre-school

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2021/09/23/race-theory-preschool-how-to-teach-kids-about-racism/5796892001/

and through toys

https://www.newsweek.com/hasbro-insider-says-crt-being-taught-kids-through-products-1611105

@daniellegfny I followed the link to MSN and found a reference to the following article:

"Yes, critical race theory is being taught in public schools"
Washington Examiner - Jul 11, 2021

The article opens with the following:

While we all debate what critical race theory is and whether lawmakers should ban it from public schools, every honest person should agree on one thing: This theory is behind the curricula in school districts all over the country, shaping the minds of unsuspecting, malleable children.

Just this week, the Manhattan Institute’s Christopher Rufo reported that 30 public school districts in 15 states are teaching a book, Not My Idea, that tells readers that “whiteness” leads white people to make deals with the devil for “stolen land, stolen riches, and special favors.” White people get to “mess endlessly with the lives of your friends, neighbors, loved ones, and all fellow humans of color for the purpose of profit,” the book adds.

Below is a video of someone reading from the book Not My Idea.  Nowhere in the book are the ideas "deals with the devil or even the quotes used.  Clearly the article is intended to mislead and get people emotional.  Why is just to drive traffic for money.  Is it overt racism?  Is it an attempt to mobilize the right in advance of the midterms?

Clearly, the goal of the article is not to inform the public about what CRT is and how it is being used in the schools

The opening sentence is problematic;  "...we all debate what critical race theory is..." then in the very same sentence say "...every honest person should agree on one thing: This theory is behind the curricula in school districts all over the country," How can that be possible without a working definition of what CRT is?

Still the issue remains, regardless how we label this book, is there a problem with a book like the one below being taught to children (Target Age Group: 7 to 10).  This is not a new book and judging by the number of copies on hand  with my the counry's larger book distributor it is not a very popular book.

What is the problem with this book?

12 minutes ago, Troy said:

daniellegfny I followed the link to MSN and found a reference to the following article:

The book demonstrates the indoctrination principles that the first article I submitted was talking about. I listened to her story CRT most definitely was through out it. 

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Who says separating white and black children is a core principle of CRT?  Why is right wing media pushing that idea?  Who invented the practice of separating of white and Black children? Who why are schools in places like NY more segregated than ever?  This is crazy?!

The answer is the Democrats. Language and National Identify also is the reason why you have segregated pockets in NYC.  You didn’t mention any of the tactics utilized to infuse the principles of CRT in the class room. The story illustrates perfectly the integration of the tenets in a story from. It might be that our experiences as Black people creates a black noise barrier so we have subconsciously accepted a lot of the statements and don’t push back.

24 minutes ago, Troy said:

What is the problem with this book?

It would be best to ask white people. I saw the assumption that it normally for Black teens to be hassle and killed by police. That’s a fallacy.

Daniellefgny,

Troy is highlighting an issue that anyone who can read fairly well will have with yourself, Nels and Mzuri.

None of you seem to read anything in the links you post. You just rant.

I told you that CRT is not being taught in any public grade, intermediate or high school. But you keep insisting it is and then have the nerve to post links which fail to prove your contention.

Dude, I gave you a definition of CRT. Because most people really have no idea what it is. But when I expose you as someone who is  wrong about a fact - you simply refuse to accept when you've been shown up. And keep a facade of being correct. 

Stop trying to dismiss and ignore the innate intelligence and creativity of Black writers, editors and researchers. You are doing a terrible disservice to your people. 

Black people are simply gifted, smart and we are survivors. 

I do not agree with a lot of what you say. But I know you aim to make your mark in the literary world. And I salute you. But will not endorse your politics or the disdain you seem to exhibit for your own kind. .

Remember, this is a Discussion Forum - not a fight to the death. Save that conflict for the racists who want all of us gone.

6 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Troy is highlighting an issue that anyone who can read fairly well will have with yourself, Nels and Mzuri.

None of you seem to read anything in the links you post. You just rant.

I told you that CRT is not being taught in any public grade, intermediate or high school. But you keep insisting it is and then have the nerve to post links which fail to prove your contention.

How dare you tell people that they don't read anything that they are linking to.

CRT IS being taught in schools, to CHILDREN.

Why do you think parents are up in arms about it?

PROVE that it's not since that's YOUR assertion.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

The book celebrated Colin Kapernick who hates America and Police.

Brotha Colin Kaepernick will one day be recognized as a modern day hero for AfroAmericans.  He doesn't hate America nor the police.   He took a stand (knee) against supremacy and police brutality in America.

It took 4 years for the NFL to acknowlege what he was  trying to tell them with his protest.  Unfortunately, not enough AfroAmericans took a knee with him. 

Here we are almost 6 years after Kap took a knee and a former black head coach had to file a lawsuit in order for the NFL to admit it that it has a diversity problem within the coaching ranks. 

AfroAmericans need more heroes like Colin Kaepernick and Brian Flores.  I hope they continue using their platform to usher in a new era of black activism. 😎

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, daniellegfny said:

I not only read but also watch the video. The book celebrated Colin Kapernick who hates America and Police.

Dude, you DO NOT READ! You pop all this crap but when truth is posted, you don't bother reading it. And it shows in your oblivious comments.

For your information, Colin Kaepernick is NOT anti-American at all and actually had the support of many U.S. veterans. 

You just sided with the Racist in Chief, Trump. Why? Because you never read.

Kaepernick small (1).jpg

Danillegfny,

Here are some veterans who say differently: Now DEAL WITH THIS TRUTH!

You did not serve, did you, Daniellegfny?

If you didn't, then you're just another phony who is desperately trying to pass himself off as a  patriot. But in reality, you live to lick the butt of Trump, who ran away from serving. 

I keep telling you - you need to READ!

Veterans for Kaepernick 1 small.png

Veterans for Kaepernick 3 small.png

Troy,

Because Daniellefgny is absolutely full of chit on this one. And he knows it. He and some others on here, can't bring themselves to admit they are wrong.

As if Police Brutality was never a problem in the U.S.

I know this probably goes against your principles, Troy, but you need a couple of well-read moderators to monitor your discussion group.

Not to censor or attack, but to keep commenters honest.

Without someone pointing out the lies, the hypocrisy and the immaturity of certain posters, those who are fact-challenged will continue to besmirch discussion on this website.

25 minutes ago, Stefan said:

As if Police Brutality was never a problem in the U.S.

It’s not the problem it use to be an local groups are working with the police to get better.

27 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Without someone pointing out the lies, the hypocrisy and the immaturity of certain posters, those who are fact-challenged will continue to besmirch discussion on this website.

The TDS is strong in this one. It’s sad to see the personal attacks because he can’t mount a stronger augment. Where’s your data on police brutality? Where’s your data supporting massive killing of unarmed Blacks? 

10 hours ago, Stefan said:

Dude, seriously, a pundit you are not. You routinely ignore facts and truths.

Show the data. I can show the data that people getting shot to death by police is minuscule. Show me your numbers on reported police brutality.

There is no epidemic of police killing people today and hasn’t been for decades.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ Look at the total numbers is not even a rounding error. They are tragic, but many are justified.

2C66D757-18D8-4A70-9FCC-FE7E1D8797D4.thumb.png.bb59bc0d84342c97b10a032c55f9b779.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Show the data. I can show the data that people getting shot to death by police is minuscule. Show me your numbers on reported police brutality.

@daniellegfny

I'm still waiting for his proof that grade schools aren't 

teaching CRT, so don't hold your breath because he

won't provide any data to substantiate his claims, 

all he has are lame Trump bombs.

Frustrating over this troll's silly rhetoric and chronic

lies is a massive waste of time. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:56 AM, daniellegfny said:

It’s about assigning Blacks to an inferior status. 

what’s your view?

Coggins

All of what you just said does NOTHING to prove or even justify your point that CRT is a farse or that it is used to regulate Black children into an inferior status.

What exactly is it about the CONTENT of Critcal Race Theory  that makes it false or harmful to Black children?

Let's have THAT debate.

Don't say sit up and say "Strawberry ice cream is bad for you" and when questioned as to why, you start talking about how the devil is a liar and is trying to capture souls.
Show us some evidence FROM CRT to justify your position.

17 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

What have people been doing all these Black History Months and Kwanzaa?

Black history should be part of the curricula at every level of education all year round. 

Teaching black history should not be confined to one month and one week. 😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:
1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

Black history should be part of the curricula at every level of education all year round. 

Teaching black history should not be confined to one month and one week. 😎

There’s nothing preventing the integration of history. There’s is a problem which perpetuates racist philosophy.

36 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

There’s nothing preventing the integration of history. There’s is a problem which perpetuates racist philosophy.

Racism prevents the integration of black history in tellling America's true story. She's been unwilling to pull scabs from the scars of slavery.  😎

On 2/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, Stefan said:

I know this probably goes against your principles, Troy, but you need a couple of well-read moderators to monitor your discussion group.

Perhaps... I think intelligent people can see through people who are attempting to deceive others -- especially when they are called out on it.

Take @daniellegfny's comment about Kap.  Of course Kap never called for the killing of police -- that is a stupid notion, no sane person would take.   Daniellegfny is willing to say that Kap said this because of some socks Kap apparently wore (I can't tell who is wearing the socks) .  It make no sense, but again people can easily see through that.

@daniellegfny the data you shared show that Black people are killed by police at a disproportionally higher rate than white people are killed. Which is the point.  You say "many are justified" the data does not claim to show that so either you are making that up or have another source of information you have not shared. 

Why are the "Unknown" figures so high?  Are there Black people buried in there too?

The killing of  Black people is just one measure of how Black people are targeted and more harshly treated by law enforcement. How Many Black are maimed, beaten, locked up  or otherwise mis treated by the police. 

You drive a car in NYC have you ever been pulled over for some BS?  Have you never been abused by a cop for no good reason?  If not that is great and you are lucky to many others -- liked the more than 1,000 black people killed in the last five years.  A number you curiously called minuscule, but the same as killing of of the Black players in the NFL not so miniscle huh?