Should the history of slavery in America be taught in schools?

I will enjoy if any actually read the body of this post... I am not asking the question in the title, so please don't answer it. 

My prose

The question in the title was asked by someone and I thought to myself, that is not a functional question. Teaching history should be taught wherever it can be. But, a functional question is, what is the goal of education to the masses? I rephrase the question, are black people right to think education gives access to a power more potent than the sword? 

At the end of the day, usa history proves that money or education aren't really important long term. what is important is who is willing to kill to get what they want or who is not? 

White people were willing to annihilate or enslave many so that they and their descendents could have more than anybody else. Many whites died in that ambition. But, the eventual survivors and their descendents could and do have more than anybody else.That is the blunt truth. 

Now to my question, whose answers are the purpose of this post <let's see if any of you read this post well>

I maintain that education is a necessary action in life but does history prove the black community has falsely given education a potency it doesn't have? 

@richardmurray, as you have requested/presented, IMO, history shows the black community has given education more power than it deserves.

Education along with religion seems to be the only weapons and mainly as a panacea,  black folks have been willing to use in order to cope with the system of white supremacy.

You're correct in pointing out the fact that in order to take whatever they want and maintain power, white folks have always been willing to shed as much blood as necessary to include having folks kill among themselves. They are the devil personified. 😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I maintain that education is a necessary action in life but does history prove the black community has falsely given education a potency it doesn't have? 

@richardmurrayTo black people, education provided the credentials to gain status in their community.  Education was never an effective weapon for them  when it came to making inroads into the exclusive ranks of the wealthy, powerful white movers and shakers who were aided and abetted by institutionalized racism.  Being only 30 percent of the population relegated blacks to their permanent position of conspicuous consumers who spend their money on what they want, rather than what they need, which is why economic boycotts have never produced permanent results.

• Like 1

In reply to the query "Should the history of Slavery in (the U.S.) be taught in schools?

YES

If schools in the U.S. are tasked with teaching Western Civilization, then Chattel Slavery in the United States should definitely be part of that curriculum.  Because The Holocaust is definitely taught in schools in many U.S. states. And the U.S. is in the Western Hemisphere.

BTW, the reason I prefer not utilizing the term "American" is because it does not always refer to individuals from the U.S. Because all three continents in the western hemisphere carry the surname America. This means factually, Canadians, Mexicans, Panamanians Salvadorans, Colombians, Brazilians, et al, are also Americans. 

And I believe strongly in whenever possible, making note of the contributions and achievements of indigenous peoples in the Americas.