What Is everyone reading? Why Do You Read That Crap!?

What are you reading... Hold up. Why are you reading that garbage?

Now don't get offended. I mean, I don't know what you are reading. See, that's where I am at today. We read what we read because we like what we read, right? Did that make sense? Well, over the 10 years that I've been posting on this board there's been all types of discussions. Not drive-by tweets or pat on the back comments like those at blog sites, I'm talking about bare knuckle, no holds barred discussions. Ouuuuweeee, we've went there. *LMAO*... what about the time someone started a thread (I think ABM or Yvettep) in which Troy had to jump in and delete a few pictures? Come on, yawl know what I'm talking about. Well, if you don't, let me remind you in a subtle way. It had something to do with gigantic BOOTIES and LOOOONG loins, okay? Troy has said that he's never had to bar anyone from the board but he wiped that mess off the face of the earth *lol*.

Anyway, I asked the question "why are you reading that?". Over the years there has been many debates/discussions on good books vs bad books, right. Well, in another thread I was asking for advice on how to write a decent book. A few brave souls jumped in to share their words of wisdom. All of the advice was something I needed to hear, but something in particular caught my eye and led me to this place and the title of this post "What is everyone reading? Why do you read that crap?"

First, strike out the CRAP part. The question is or should be "Why do you read what you read?"

The other day Ferociuoskitty was giving me a little advice. I was taking it all to heart, because, for one thing, she knows some things about me that only a handful of other people have ever heard. She's not only a Ivy league grad, a mother, a good writer, and an excellent editor, she knows how to keep a secret. Well, I think she does, because it hasn't come back to me. Well, it's nothing that I am not open about, it's just that I haven't shared many things of my life with a hoard of individuals.

Take for instance the short story she let me write for her wonderful site. See, that's a classy place and my writing can get a little ugly, but she guided me through it. The story centered on a double life that I was living.

*I'm getting to the meat of this post *:rolleyes:

Anyway, as I said, it was a short story but it was actually a part of a bigger story. See, the woman in that story (Baby Mamma Drama Parts I II & III) is the same woman in this little piece:

"The US military is one of the largest vehicles for drug smuggling in the world. Rita was my friend ....my lover and my company. She agreed to come along on a trip after receiving a promise of adventure. She was very attractive ....stunning ....movie star quality ....she liked me. While passing through the gate Rita's face showed the look of impending doom. The officer ordered everyone out of the vehicle ....a search was about to begin. Earlier we were in a village ....it was called the jungle ....an area frequented by blacks who were accepted by the locals. It was a humid day ....the sun was bright ....Rita and I were filled with excitement. She was from Virginia and had not traveled much ....she trusted me. We were free and fear was not our enemy. Prior to our journey we talk about the future and the dangers of our travel. I carefully questioned her on the what-if's ....the possibilitie of roadblocks ahead. The officer again said to vacate the vehicle ....Rita went to work"

See, I was a drug smuggler for many years. Looking back, it's nothing that I am proud of, it's just what it was. Hell, I've done a lot of dumb sh*t that I'll never do again. So anyway, there's a lot more to that story (it's on paper).

Re: The advice Ferociouskitty gave me the other day. She told me to read something that I like, to find out how something is written. Okay, I went to my little library of books to see how conversation is written and how other writers "show" a scene. I wanted to get an idea of how I would re-write the above passage and the rest of the chapter.

Well, here's what I found. I found out that I read certain kinds of books that all have a common writing style that I wasn't even conscious of. I mean, I've never paid attention or analized my reading pleasure. Sure, there's subject matter that doesn't ring my bell, but I am talking about a writing style that suits my taste.

After thumbing through a few of my favorites, I went to my top shelf. I pulled down a book by an author that I don't believe many have read. Well, she's sold millions of books but I don't hear her being discussed anymore. The author's name is Ann Petry. She wrote The Narrows, The Street, Miss Muriel and Other Stories.

Well, because I am a rookie, I don't even know how to describe her writng style or the styles of all the others that I like, but they are all very similar.

What are you reading? I mean, why do you read what you read? Do you know why you read what you read?

Why do people have to analyse why and what they read or justify their reasons to people like you who have the gall to pose such a question???

Suffice to say that reading is an engrossing form of escapism. No further explanation is necessary. :huh:

See, why do you always take the cynical approach to every damn thing. In your haste to draw a dark cloud on most things that don't appeal to you or that you don't understand, you come in with your hater-aid. You are a perfect example of a person that's miserable and wants everyone to be down in the dumps with you.

Why don't you take the time to write something that inspires conversation instead of throwing bricks at others. Ain't nobody trying to smell your venom. You cry about the new board. You bitch because a woman didn't agree with you about Bill Withers. GAWD DAMN! Do you sleep or do you whine about having to go to sleep?

You're just a dull stick in the mud! :(

How in hell did you take this to the negative side of the street?! Are there some elements of writing that are essential to your reading pleasures? Good book vs Bad book? The argument continues, but obviously you took offense to someone asking you to go deep. Well, not even deep, but can you define what makes you smile? One man's garbage is another mans joy. I like short sentences without a lot of metaphors. I do not like reading sex scenes. Sci-Fi novels baffle me. Awkward sentence struture f*cks with me. When I've tried to read "you go girl" books, I've felt like a sissy sitting in an Avon party. I like reading about black family life. What about you? What do you like? I know you don't like reading my posts.

Zane is a big hit. Street lit is blowing up and many people enjoy it. That's cool, real cool. Some of the writing sucks, imo, and the opinion of many others, but nevertheless people are buying it. But, street lit aside, other than the subject matter, I wonder what draws individuals to a particular writer or a certain genre?

Okay, so you didn't feel inclined to join that type of discussion. Or, maybe you didn't have anything better to do than jack with me? Cool, you can go back to the bathroom. :angry:

:D Ooooh did I rain on your widdle parade, burst your hot air balloon?? Poor ol "Carey-Me-Away".

In the first place, your whole approach to the subject was all wrong. You start out immediately putting folks on the defense by accusing them of reading garabage. Then you set yourself up as some kind of a judge who expects testimonies from people eager to earn your approval. :blink:

You would, indeed, do well to take some courses in writing because your technique stinks. It's obvious that you write to please yourself. :rolleyes:

Stick in the mud? Why? because I'm not a disciple of your pedestrian attempts at being clever? Get over yourself. :P There nothing I like better than a good laugh and, lately, inspite of your concocted scenarios, I've been enjoying life. Just came back from a great Black History month gathering. B)

For somebody who can never just respond to a message without attacking the messenger, you gotta lotta nerve calling anybody a whiner or a hater.

BTW, I'm waiting for somebody else to answer your question. Could it be that your verbal stumbles didn't inspire them?? :)

Is that right, my deep wrinkled old friend? Lets take another look.

I think the words said: "Hold up. Why are you reading that garbage?"

"Now don't get offended. I mean, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE READING. First, strike out the CRAP part. The question is or should be "Why do you read what you read?"

AND, you wrote this "Why do people have to justify their reasons to people like you who have the gall to pose such a question???

I mean, JUSTIFY?!

Now my jealous hearted naysayer, I believe a less hateful eye saw those words as nothing more than a simple post title. Titles are designed to grab attention. You did read the rest of the post... didn't you? Sure you did. You were the first one to reply. But maybe you were set-up to be nothing more than a nuisance.

And look at you sitting there looking stupid. How were you feeling when you wrote this... "BTW, I'm waiting for somebody else to answer your question. Could it be that your verbal stumbles didn't inspire them??" ?

I mean, was it hard for you to find the right emoticons to express the look of someone that got drunk on a gallon of witches brew? But lets see, I may be a wannabe writer that's crying for help but I am pretty good with math.

Cynique, get behind me and watch me work. Well, although nearly 10,000 eyes have graced the new posts, there has only been less than 300 replies. Quick, you do the rest of the math.

Don't do it to yourself, Cynique. You can't keep throwing yourself on the mercy of the crowd because you are old. From 8 to 80, blind, cripple or crazy... in my book, you reap what you sow. Listen, what you appear to BE speaks so loudly, I doubt that you need to say anymore. But go right ahead, it's show time!

Blah, Blah, Blah. STFU up you "half-cocked" goof ball. I must say those monkies on your icon look better than that grotesque picture of you. How could YOU have the nerve to "go there". I can't believe an ugmo like you would even bring looks into the conversation.

Nothing you ever say makes any sense, "Careless". You're always somewhere out there in left field missing fly balls. Any time you have to laboriously explain what it is you are trying to accomplish, you really haven't done your job. You're not a wanna-be. You're a "never will be". Not only that, you're a long-winded bore. How I wish the board had a yawning emoticon. And why, pray tell, would I be jealous of YOU. Is your name Oprah????

You think because you are a duplicitious, slippery, chameleon who has led a life of deceit and degradation that this somehow makes you something other than a legend in your own mind. Not. A psychiatrist would undoubtedly call you a sociopath with multiple personality disorder. I'd call you a big, deluded doofus - an unfunny joke.

Blah, Blah, Blah. STFU up you "Careless". . I must say those monkies on your icon look better than that grotesque picture of you. How could YOU have the nerve to "go there". I can't believe an ugmo like you would even bring looks into the conversation.

Nothing you ever say makes any sense, "Careless". You're always somewhere out there in left field missing fly balls. Any time you have to laboriously explain what it is you are trying to accomplish, you really haven't done your job. You're not a wanna-be. You're a "never will be". Not only that, you're a long-winded bore. How I wish the board had a yawning emoticon. And why, pray tell, would I be jealous of YOU. Is your name Oprah????

You think because you are a duplicitious, slippery, chameleon who has led a life of deceit and degradation that this somehow makes you something other than a legend in your own mind. Not. A psychiatrist would undoubtedly call you a sociopath with multiple personality disorder. I'd call you a big, deluded doofus - an long-winded bore unfunny joke.

[Carey] you are a duplicitious, slippery, chameleon, "Careless", deluded doofus, grotesque,multiple personality sociopath, long-winded bore,unfunny,half-cocked goof ball.

Thanks Cynique, I'll add them to my list. No I am not Oprah, but your very presence here today, tells me that I have to march on.

Did you watch the Tiger Woods press conference? Well, after that, there's been a survey asking if Tiger can ever be a role model again. Now, hold that thought.

As you may know, I've been to jail for bank robbery, okay. Well, that's been many years ago. However, there will always be people with a mindset similar to yours. During my earlier years of crime, I had a defense attorney who is know a District Judge. She's followed my path to where I am now. One time I had to reach-out to her because I ran into a few of what I will call "business associates" that had the same "never forget and never forgive" attitude as you. She wrote a letter of recommendation that I will never forget. She didn't pull any punches. Aside from my public record, she included negative things that I had only shared with her. Basically she was saying that she knew the individual(me) and where he came from. Her reputation was on the line and she didn't want to give the impression that her letter was a cookie cutter copy of a standard letter of recommendation. After her assent to the bench, she has keep her foot in my ass. Well, it hasn't been a kick in the ass, it's been words of encouragement. She has used me to say that people can change. At the end of her letter she said this... "Carey's life has NOT been one of a choir boy, however, a choir boy can not lead individuals out of the "fires" that he's been through"

But you're right Cynique, I still have some work to do. I am going to start by changing that "ugmo" picture. It could give a false impression. And yes, I do write to entertain myself. It's sort of cathartic. It reminds me of places and things that I don't ever want to return to. You wrote a book... why?

Btw, as you know, this is Black HISTORY Month. Malcolm X "WAS" a womanizing, drug using robber.

"FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD OH MIGTHTY, I'M FREE AT LAST"

I asked??? What was it I asked to elicit that self-serving anecdote that wound up with you comparing yourself to Malcolm X? Puleeze. As, usual you burdened me with an overload of information about your favorite subject: Carey.

And what's with this "love TKO" thing? Now, this is a question I would welcome an answer to since it seems like a typical example of how you apply inappropriate phraseology to the inaccurate scenarios you imagine.

I burdened you?! Is that right? I didn't force you to read any of this. I believe you LOVE this

"I asked???"

Well, let me remind you of your very first statement, the one in which YOU engaged ME. "Why do people have to analyse why and what they read or justify their reasons to people like you who have the gall to pose such a question???. Sooooooo Cynique....

I don't know why you insist on crying wolf. You're not fooling anyone. I could be like Xeon(sp?) and address your baited comments in a civil way but that wouldn't be me and it wouldn't be any fun. Plus, it would make a bad player out of you.

In reference to my "TKO". It's simply saying that another love connection didn't connect. But wait, maybe you really do love me? Here you go baby... **smooches & :P deep hugs** Call those things that are not, as if they already are.

Hey, btw, I am not the only one that talks about my best subject. You do a damn good job "talking about me". Thank You very much. Keep up the good work!

That's right! I want a divorce. She doesn't cook anymore and she keeps scratching me with those long crusty toe nails. I am tired of her snoring, and I am tired of sleeping on the couch. And if she asks me one more question, I'm gonna be like Jackie Gleason and send her [Alice] to the moon. :angry:

The Honey-Moon is OVER!

Well, hello, Crystal! When your name appeared in this forum I was sure you would be telling us about the latest book you were reading. Little did I know you had stopped in to stir the pot. I thought Carey was your cast-off and here you are trying to hook him up with me. You know I don't want to be associated with the played-out ol motor mouth. All he's good for is making me appreciate that there is at least "method to Chrishayden's madness". :rolleyes:

And I guess I'll have to stop skimming through Carey's posts because he seems to be getting the wrong impression - something he has a habit of doing, always trying to explain people's actions, making assumptions about their motivations, casting them in the little scenarios his imagination conjures up.

Anyhow, believe it or not, I am deep into Dan Brown's latest book, "The Lost Symbol". (You know he's the author of the "Da Vinci Code", right?} His latest is a BAB but I'm wading through it because it's my cup of tea, right up my alley! For years I've been doing all of this babbling about the secrets of life and the old wisdom and metaphysics and quantum physics, and upon deciding to check out this book, everything I've always pondered about is brought to light!!!! Mind blowing!

ALAS!!! I knew you would come home, Cynique.

You wrote: "His latest is a BAB but I'm wading through it because it's my cup of tea, right up my alley! For years I've been doing all of this babbling about the secrets of life and the old wisdom and metaphysics and quantum physics, and upon deciding to check out this book, everything I've always pondered about is brought to light!!!! Mind blowing!"

See, wasn't that easy? You told us "why" you are reading that book. Woman, why oh why did you take us through that journey of hide & go seek.? You knew from the jump what I was talking about.

And don't get it twisted. Although you call me Crystal's cast-off, she's a strong black woman that has no problem sharing her opinion. You may intimatate some, or they chose not to get in yo' mess, but Crystal has been a "friend" for many many years. I've managed to get on her nerves on several occassion (and she mine), but she has also been doing this for several years. And blood is thicker than water. She's lemonaid, you're tap water ;)

Tell us more about that book. What's the writing style?

Whew! Glad I'm still in the family. :P

You know, I read the DaVinci Code well after it was such a big success and I was sooo unimpressed that I haven't given any other of Brown's stories a thought. Maybe I'll give The Lost Symbol a look-see. Lord knows I need the answer to some metaphysical secrets . . .

First.."What Cynique said..to Carey". Next..my current reads:

Burning Desire Relentless Aaron

In The Beginning F.D. Davis

Love Me Now Celeste O. Norfleet

Betrayal Dwayne S Joseph

An About Face M.W. Moore

Crushed Ice Eric Pete

Hope to get to or will carry over to March:

The Blue Orchard Jackson Taylor

A Deep Dark Secret Kimberla Lawson Roby

Deep Deception Tina Brooks McKinney

Beneath The Lion’s Gate Maza Mengiste

Three Days Before The Shooting Ralph Ellison edited by

John F Callahan & Adam Bradley

Xeon, if we were standing next to each other, I would first ask you, why did you ask the question? Well, because, I think it would have saved a lot of my following reply.

You are a good writer. I mean, your posts are well written. Therefore, that tells me something about the person. Consequently, I will assume you asked the question with good intentions. Having said that, my reply is long. So please bare with me.

First, I think it’s important for would-be writers to have a defined purpose. I mean, many are in it for the money and yet others do it for a myriad of reasons. To each his own. Well, the following is what I am presently doing (as far as writing goes). Well, let me back up. I originally started writing in my journal as a way to ease my pain. Through that experience (and after) I found a love of expressing myself on paper. I am a “talker” by trade (part-time). Writing is somewhat of an extension of that. So, I dabble, which takes me here.... A call out, some time ago:

[newspaper]We asked readers with something to say to make a bid to be one of our regular columnist. Boy, did you. Thanks. We're pleased to say that once again judging the competition was stiff for publisher Kenneth Taylor, managing editor Roger Ruppert and editorial page editor Ken Rows.

While many of those who entered would have been excellent additions to our pages, we're pleased with the collection of writers whose work ....< > They are:

u Peter Hotle, 27, was born and raised in Rockford and still lives there. He's the middle of five children and his parents still live in the house in which he grew up. A graduate of Rockford High School, he attended *****College and graduated from ***** College with a degree in history. He is pursuing a master's in business administration at St. Cloud University and works at *****research. His interests: Young professionals who are committed to staying here and being leaders in our community. This Wednesday’’s offering, a call to action to help keep young people in our community.

u Susan is an author, historian and quilting aficionado. Her research, writings and photographs about the history of quilts and textiles have been widely published. One of the founders of the Illinois Quilt Study Group in lona, Iowa, you can find her Web site, Quilt History: Quilt from the Midwest, at

She also writes a blog called the Needle: History Conversation from the Midwest and another about movies and literature. She lives on a grain farm in Atkin with her husband and a rescued red beagle-mix. She writes, "I could be your grandmother, your mother, your sister, your Auntie, your friend, or your next door neighbor."

u Carey < >

u Steve **** is a name with which most of our readers are no doubt familiar, and not just because a new park rising on the city's North Shore bears his name. Besides practicing law in the area for the past 34 years, he was the mayor of Iowa ****. He cut his teeth on politics, first as alderman from 1981-1989 before taking the mayor's seat, from which he retired last year. He knows the area and he's also intimately familiar with the assets and challenges of all the region. He's served and/or chaired the Bi-State Regional Commission, ******** Task Force, and the ***** City Development Group. His leadership on the ***** panel has earned him particularly high marks. Politics, however, is just one of side of his character. He is a talented painter and an avid student of history who will bring a unique perspective to our pages.

u Terry **** of Champaign has lived in the area since 1975. The graduate of the University of Illinois has been a committee chair for the *****Classic (and its other incarnations) for two decades. He's a two-time Senior Olympics gold medalists in the trivia competition and has run the Mile High for the past 28 years. He has 30 years in human resources, most recently at the Metropolitan Medical Laboratory who, for a brief time 30 years ago, worked as a stringer for The Daily Monitor. He is married to a nurse, and adds, "I enjoy movies and reading and I love dogs." That's evident in his offering, a salute to the family's Maltese, Daisy.

Thanks to all who took the considerable time we know it takes to enter... < >. Once again, the quality and quantity of entries surprised us and narrowing the field to just five was a challenge. So, if you weren't picked, please, don't be discouraged. We'll do this again. In the meantime, please enjoy offerings of this round's winners in Viewpoints.

Xeon, the above muckety mucks that I am included with, write sh*t that I don’t even read. And apparently, my view is shared by many others. Well, the “hits” and “comments” tell the story. My foolishness/column swamps theirs. So, with that encouragement, I continue to write. But see, I am not a writer but I like telling stories. So here we are. I asked for help in writing a memior/book, because even though some people like reading my material, and my “voice” is okay, my structure sucks. Take for instance the following piece. I have a friend that has her masters in English. She shifts and shapes my pieces before I send them to the publisher. The voice is mine, and so are most of the words, but I am going to show you the finished product and then the mess as it was originally written by me. In my column, I try to stay with a personal theme. Oh, I am suppose to stay under 800 words, which is very hard to do (for me). So sometimes I have to do a 2-3 part series.

Part I

Is Twitter A “Drive-By, Say Hi”? My mother never learned how to drive!

I have so much to say in so little time. However, if I can borrow a tag line from an old cigarette commercial...“I’d rather fight than switch”. Well, if I were Twittering or texting, I’d be limited to 140 characters, or less.

But, those limitations are not the sole reasons behind my discontent. I’ve often wondered if the world is nurturing a generation of “Drive-By, Say Hi” robots? Could we be ushering a generation of individuals that lack the interaction skills that are necessary to build great character?

Since I do not know the evil that lurks in the hearts of all men, I have to bring this story to my doorstep. My mother is 85 years old and she has never driven a car. If that’s not something that rings your bell, how would you feel if your family did not have a car or a telephone! Well, for many years, our family had neither. Needless to say, Twitter, Text Message, Face Book, or any hook, did not grace our palms. But look, do not feel sorry for us, because as the sayings go “one man’s garbage is another man’s treasure” and “everything that glitters is not gold”

My mother was a stay at home mom. When my father went to work, she prepared his lunch at home. He worked at American Container Corporation. As soon as the fresh and delicious morsels came out of the pot, skillet or oven, mom put them in a paper bag, and I scurried down to my dad’s place of employment. Although it was a hit and miss occurrence, when dad received it, he appreciated everyone’s effort. I usually received a nickel or a dime, and a big smile. Plus, I had the great opportunity to sit with him and the rest of the men. It was one of my first glimpses at role models and how they, as men, interacted with each other. One of those men was the Quad Cities renowned fast-pitch softball instructor and coach, Dale Mattlick. Dale, who was also the pitcher for the company softball team, lived on the outer fringes of the Tri Cities as did many of the other players. Therefore, after the games, the team came to our home to have a few beers and talk about their victory or loss.

My uncle Lavance and his family are Catholics. They were members of St Joseph, a small Catholic church in the West End of Blue Island. At that time, we were members of Second Baptist Church, and we walked there. As both families left their homes on Sunday morning, each passed by the Jewish Synagogue that was located on 9th street, between 5th and 6th avenue. Unlike some Baptist churches that can be heard from blocks away, the Jewish members were a quiet lot. However, when they were around, they always gave a tip of the hat or a respectful nod.

When I look back on my life, I am reminded in so many ways, that I am a product of my environment. Sometimes I sit and wonder...

Who would I be if the softball team didn’t come by our home? They came, and I was afforded the opportunity to see that people who lived in the outlying areas of the Quad Cities, like many of them, were no different than me. They may have come from a different culture, but they drank beer, talked about their wives, ate too much and passed gas, just as all men are prone to do.

If we had a phone, we may have called our church to inform them that my father and I wouldn’t be coming to fulfill our roles as ushers, and thus, missed the fellowship that’s an integral part of the development of any man. And, if we had a car, it’s possible, we wouldn’t have stopped to talk to our neighbors, like the old Jewish gentlemen. Their religion, as my uncle’s religion, was different than ours, but they were just men, just like my father. If we had a car, would I have the memories of the pride on my father’s face and the smell of the fried lunchmeat sandwiches, meat loaf, fried chicken, or thinly sliced spam, that permeated from the bags that I protected as if they were gold?

I’ve received many serendipitous rewards from a world without Twitter and the other social internet connections, but Oh boy, look at the time, I may have over-extended my stay . That’s why I do not Twitter, my friends! It’s hard to kiss and say goodbye. Real love is not a fleeting glance. To be cont....

~Carey

Xeon, this post is getting long. I will post the “before” or unedited copy of that whimsical piece (maybe), but if you answer my original question, I will continue to try to answer yours (if you still desire me to do so). I told you this post was long :huh: :-)

:huh:

Xeon, if we were standing next to each other, I would first ask you, why did you ask the question? Well, because, I think it would have saved a lot of my following reply.

You are a good writer. I mean, your posts are well written. Therefore, that tells me something about the person. Consequently, I will assume you asked the question with good intentions. Having said that, my reply is long. So please bare with me.

First, I think it’s important for would-be writers to have a defined purpose.

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :rolleyes::huh:

No particular reason. It is not a trick question. I was just wondering what type of book you would like to write. Bio, fiction, non-fiction, etc. Just curious…..

Okay, well, that's why I've been asking so many questions. I started this post with "why do you read that". In that question, I was trying to see what's the most essential element to whomevers reading pleasure. So, in considering what my "market" should/could/will be, i am searching for a direction. But of course, my book in waiting will be from a personal angle. Therefore it has to be something along the line of a memior/autobio/realromance-realcrime thang. Yet, even in those limited catagories, each one can get deep. For instance, when I think of a crime, lets say murder or bank robbery, they come in all forms. I've been involved in each, but how graphic/deep should I go? Relationships is another topic that gets deep. I mean, how much is too much to tell (who's the audience). As you may or may not know, at one time I had 2 families at the same time. Each women (and children) have a different story and different endings. Some of it is not pretty.

So Xeon, the short reply is... I don't really know, so I am looking for answers and an audience.

I can do G rated, PG, R, and X with a twist. No one has ever read my "R" or X rated. It has never left my hands.

Why don't don't you do your own bio? No one knows the history, facts and details better than you. You should make it as gritty, factual, realistic and intriguing as possible. I believe writing your bio would not only be a literary challenge but also a cathartic adventure. From what you've said, it doesn't appear that you are short on intriguing subject matter.