Why are Biden and the Democrats against Private Property

When I first joined this site some people were lamenting the “poor” people who couldn’t even afford to buy a car in America. Now when it was pointed out there was a huge secondary market for car purchases that still didn’t dissuade them from the position. I bring this up because recently the Biden Administration is vigorously advocating we don’t need more oil production because we are transitioning. My question is transitioning to what?

Elon Musk one of the leading proponents of Electric Vehicles recognizes the folly in that stance. My immediate response was that of course he would say that because if people didn’t have money or weren’t alive after such a reckless policy they would not be able to buy his mid priced vehicles.

This ties into my first statements because the secondary market for gas powered cars. Which situation do you believe creates a better opportunity for car ownership?

It appears to me that they don’t want people to have cars which is personal property. I see the same type of effect by the high property tax in Blue States. While you may be able to make the down payment and may also have income to purchase a home, the taxes bar many people from acquiring a mortgage. So again we see Democrat policies that are hostile to property ownership.

I believe the roots of the is found in the Leftists’ desire to eliminate personal and private property. This is the primary reason why poverty increases under Democrats. What are your thoughts?

The views here are strictly the views of the poster and not this site or it owners.

• Haha 1

Elon never struck me as someone who cared that much for addressing the need of the common man. Tesla's are nice but I can't afford one...  I have wonder why does he care.  All I can do is wonder because Twitter will never reveal that.

Even at $4 per gallon for premium, in neck of the woods, gas is still pretty cheap relative to the other countries and relative to our own past. Unless I take a road trip I don't have to fill up my take for at least three weeks.  I doubt I'm unusual. 

Honestly, I think gas should be more expensive for a variety of reasons but mostly to push down consumption.  Most people around here drive gas guzzling trucks on their way to the convenience store to buy lottery tickets and beer. 

Meanwhile, Amazon trucks are driving around major metro areas, polluting the air, delivering things to people too lazy to go outside, walk across the street and buy at their corner store.

• Like 2

Too often we talk about personal possessions and private property with only rich people in mind. We put the economic wellbeing and political priorities of these elites of everyone else who works for a living. At the same time for most ordinary working people especially blacks it is a struggle to make ends meet. Inadequate wages, higher costs for everything, and the constant threat of climate change put homes, savings, family farms, small businesses, and communities in jeopardy. We need a broader view of private property and economic liberty that takes the interests of workers into consideration not just monied elites. 

• Like 2

It’s amazing how people will talk about the poor yet advocate policies which make it harder for creating wealth. Gas prices are just one lever of higher food prices and home heating. It’s mind boggling how myopic the responses have been. 

What is also funny is if you put the statement of the common man, they’re discounted. Then when the well established are presented they too are discounted.

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, Troy said:

Meanwhile, am*zon trucks are driving around major metro areas, polluting the air, delivering things to people too lazy to go outside, walk across the street and buy at their corner store.

am*zon has ordered a huge number of EV Trucks from Rivian Automotive. As you see I have invested in Rivian. I also have stock in am*zon and Tesla.429863FB-EC72-422A-80C8-8C091F979B9C.thumb.png.9e4e7c03484c0d9b3b7040a4e6f410bf.png

• Haha 1

The previous poster does not provide any proof that he's an investor in Rivian Automotive.

He just offered a measly screen capture of past Rivian's stock trade price, which means nothing. Because anyone can do that. Just hop on over to Finance.Yahoo  (dot com) and punch in a stock symbol.

And you, too, can lie and claim you're a big time investor in an electric truck start-up.

But I did something better. I found a news story in Fortune magazine that purports that Rivian, which is actually an investment of Am*zon, made a strategic blunder when it raised prices for its electric vehicles, none of which have yet to be delivered.

While some posters on here offer little but B.S., I aim to post the truth.

Electric truck start-up Rivian admits marketing mistake

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

The previous poster does not provide any proof that he's an investor in Rivian Automotive

You can’t read. It’s shows clearly how much I have invested. You are just so poison you can see the truth. I can tell you don’t have a Stash account.

You can get on too. You don’t have to be so jealous https://get.stash.com/clarenc69neg @Stefan

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

d you, too, can lie and claim you're a big time investor in an electric truck start-up.

You called me a big time investor. I just disclosed that I was invested in Rivian.

The U.S. imports about 2.8% of its oil from Russian, according to a pie chart appearing in The Hill dot com.

So, banning the import of Russian oil is not going to hurt the country much. 

As far as the Keystone XL Pipeline goes, completing it, even though owner TransCanada, bailed on the project, would kill endangered animal species, sully the air and pollute rivers. I'd rather have the clean air and clean rivers and the species. 

Processing oil sands also leaves humungous deposits of toxic waste. But what the heck? You don't have to live near them, do you?

TC Energy, a subsidiary of TransCanada, never installed any Keystone XL pipe in South Dakota, but had agreements to build support infrastructure, according to South Dakota Public Broadcasting.  

The company owned land for seven pump stations, three of which were nearly complete. It leased land for 10 pipe yards, seven contractor yards and at least two work camps, SDPB said. The Keystone project has been shut down because it lacks permits to continue construction

Doing an about face and rushing to finish it now ain't gonna bring pump prices down. Accept it. 

Don't blame Biden. Blame Russia for invading Ukraine and Trump and many other Republicans for supporting it. 

Gas prices and Russian oil supplies can't be fixed by more drilling

15 hours ago, Stefan said:

Don't blame Biden. Blame Russia for invading Ukraine and Trump and many other Republicans for supporting it. 

You really love kook-aid. Biden’s war against fossil fuels is the primary cause of our inflation. The other reason is the Crazy Biden Spending.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daneberhart/2022/02/25/unleashing-us-oil-industry-offers-biden-path-to-avoid-energy-crisis/?sh=11c8da582c8b

11 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Biden’s war against fossil fuels is the primary cause of our inflation. The other reason is the Crazy Biden Spending.

Yet, the American people aren't out in the streets protesting gas prices. 

Last week, the House unanimously voted for a $1.4M spending bill. 😎

• Thanks 1

It is really impossible to crack that guy's obsession with licking Trump's butt.

He refuses to accept that Trump ballooned U.S. national debt by $7.8 trillion, wanted to pull the U.S. out of NATO and that Trump's $1.2 trillion dollar tax cut benefited mainly the wealthy.

Trump never cared about those who actually worked for a living, just the rich and those who are White.

The national debt skyrocketed has risen by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump’s time in office, according to the non-profit news organization ProPublica. That’s nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, ProPublica said.

And this amounts to about $23,500 in new federal debt for every person in the United States, the non-profit news organization said.

Biden's spending halted the growing scourge of Covid-19 and his Stimulus Spending packages helped all Americans, not just a few. And this is probably what irks Daniellefghy the most. 

Biden aimed to uplift everyone and people such as Daniellefgny likely despise such high minded notions.  Only people such as he deserve to be on top. Everyone else be damned.

Confederate Dan's embrace of Trump and White Supremacy includes a willful and undeniable march to obliterating a decent environment by polluting the air, water and land with runoffs from noxious tar sands oil exploration. 

But as someone noted, people in the U.S. are not taking to the streets with torches and pitchforks over higher gasoline and diesel fuel prices.

Only the greedy and those who cannot stand to be inconvenienced groused about wearing facemasks during the worst of the Pandemic. Just as those who are unconscionable are uncaring are the ones whining about paying more at the gas pumps. 

On 3/14/2022 at 11:07 PM, ProfD said:

Yet, the American people aren't out in the streets protesting gas prices

Not yet.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:42 AM, Stefan said:

Biden aimed to uplift everyone and people such as Daniellefgny likely despise such high minded notions.  Only people such as he deserve to be on top. Everyone else be damned.

Once again you got that backwards. 

IMO, Americans will not protest higher gas prices because the economy is doing just well enough for folks to absorb the hike. 

Before the holidays roll around (Memorial Day and 4th of July), I believe oil companies will drop gas prices after having received massive profits.

The *savings* from cheaper gas  will motivate Americans to spend more money on stuff to put on the grill this summer.😁😎
  • Like 1

The economy is doing well for the sought-after and well paid employable.

But not doing so well for the marginally employed and those making below a living wage.

I do not think this will last. 

Biden has tossed, by even conservative estimates, about a billion dollars at Ukraine.

Money, like the trillions wasted in Afghanistan, that could have been used for job programs, expanding education, health services and of course, rebuilding this country's crumbling bridges, highways and tunnels. 

People who hate Democrats and Joe Biden are not going to let this go and will continue pushing their negative nonsense until the perception that things have improved economically dims.