A question that begat from a multilog concerning Brittney Griner

Black individuals know what they want for self. Many of us know the phrases. I want to be respected. I want money. I want to be a star. I want to be president. I is very easy for Black individuals in the usa or elsewhere. But if someone ask, 

What do you want for the Black community 50 years from now? that is when you get idealized or simplified or dysfunctional answers. In this very forum, I read many collective desires. 

Some examples

• I think black people need to think like me ,as if their mindset is absent any flaw
  • I think black people need to stop blaming abuse by white people, as if white people never harm anyone black
  • I think black people need to get their financial situation together without breaking the law, as if white people didn't cheat or scheme or murder or enslave everybody else for every penny they have

My thoughts

Single Status Update from 03/07/2022 by richardmurray - AALBC.com’s Discussion Forums

• Like 2

@Stefan Do you think the problem in the black community in the USA is Black people like myself who don't want to rely on the strategy of a community of individuals ? At the end of the day, if a black person says they are merely doing best for them and helping others in their means, then 50 years down the road , the idea is that more will be able to do better for themselves, even if it is fractional but it is improvement. I don't like that strategy but maybe, the problem is Black people who don't desire that goal , don't fit black people who do? 

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

What do you want for the Black community 50 years from now? 

50 years from now, I would want the black community to be more unified and self-sufficient in all areas of human activity.😎

• Like 1

@ProfD you said I quote

50 years from now, I would want the black community to be more unified and self-sufficient in all areas of human activity.

I asked, I quote 

do all those areas include war, extortion side other negative human activities?

Why couldn't you say yes or no? you state when war is necessary but I didn't ask when war was necessary. You state what you endorse but I didn't ask what you endorse. 

I will reask , is war a human activity, whether you endorse it or not ?  if yes then , when you said you want the black community to be unified and self-sufficient in all areas of human activity 50 years from now, you were not referring to all areas of human activity? 

My last question is, when you said "our sovereignty " you meant the black communities sovereignty? if no please explain, if yes can you explain what that is? 

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

Why couldn't you say yes or no?

@richardmurray, I'm qualified to write whatever I choose.  I thought this was a discussion forum.  Not a court.

While I enjoy reading the contributions both you and @Stefan make to the forum, looking for specific answers to thread topics and/or expecting others to  write in a particular manner will not generate more participation in the discussions. In fact, it's probably the opposite. 

I showed up on this forum several month ago, plopped down in a virtual chair and contribute to topics according to how *I* think and/or what *I* believe. 

in the real world...the saying goes, "I said what I said". Feel free to ignore or disregard whatever I write. It's all good...discussion.😎

@ProfD this isn't a court,and you answered my original question but when I questioned a part of your reply, your answer had nothing to do with it. I wish I had questioned a part of your reply better, so you could answer it. 

@Delano you said 

I would want people to be able to think freely.

So I asked about the black community and your answer is about all humanity? Again, I just want clarity to your answer, like with ProfD. 

I thought my question was clear, I apologize, it seems my questions are poorly constructed. 

If people think clearly we all have less problems.

How much of life's problems are perception. Racism sexism and every other prejudice is the result of a false sense of superiority.

I tend to think holistically. 

Why ask questions and then criticise the answers? You are likely to get less responses.

I am not keen on interrogation. So I'm with @ProfD.

You may not intend it but you sound a bit peevish. It's like our responses don't fit the narrative you're writing.

@Delano I don't know anything about you or anyone else on here nor have i inferred anything. I don't know how you sound. 

I am not judging the answers, i asked questions on the answers. Just because a person gives an answer to a question doesn't mean the questioner comprehends the answer, and if I don't comprehend the answer, i ask another question. It is interrogative. 

But, to your credit, unlike ProfD, your answer to my question about your original answer I comprehend. 

I asked about what an individual wants in the black community in the future. 

You answered to think freely.

I didn't comprehend the answer and asked did it refer to all humanity.

You replied life's problems are perceptions and all prejudices and some racial categories are based on false superiority.

Thus I realise the answer to my secondary question was yes. and you explained why even, which wasn't necessary. 

Thank you 

@richardmurray

The Black Community has many, many problems. But few workable solutions. A change in mindset is absolutely necessary as is a return to a belief that we need to help each other.

Not attack each other or believe slavish devotion to questionable and faulty tactics, paths and pursuits will get us somewhere. 

• Like 1

@Stefan fair enough...To support your point,  like any community the Black community on Earth has many possible destinations in the future, some positive, some negative. The route to any of them can be simple or complicated based on what Black people choose to do. And we or individuals in we can choose to do anything. 

I will amend to the Black community in the USA. I don't think the black community in the usa has ever truly battled in itself. In parallel, the white community in the usa has truly battled in itself, went to war in itself. War , or negative actions in general,  can lead to great positive things.  

On 3/13/2022 at 7:53 PM, Stefan said:

A change in mindset is absolutely necessary as is a return to a belief that we need to help each other.

This is paramount to the black community having any type of solidarity and leverage in the future. 

Otherwise, black folks will be further splintered to the point that not even our beautiful skin color will be a tie that binds us.😎

@ProfD

We are already splintered to that point where our beautiful skin color fails to bind us.

How many Black people increasingly turn on their own, seemingly to curry favor with Whites?

Such as Candace Owens using Russia's invasion of Ukraine to attack Black Lives Matter and actually believing people in this country want her on the Supreme Court.

Look what just happened to Ryan Coogler, the director of the blockbuster "Black Panther" movie? 

Read what an Op-Ed writer at The Grio wrote about Coogler's arrest:

TheGrio's take on Ryan Coogler's arrest

@Stefan, in my eternal optimism, I refuse to believe my fellow black folks are beyond the point of no return.

Candace Owens doesn't represent black folks. She wears the skin color but sellout runs through her veins.

If I ever had to purge black folks who didn't have our best interests at heart, she would be in the top 5 of my list. 😁😎

• Haha 1

@ProfD

I never used those words. I said we are already at the point where our beautiful skin color fails to bind us. Then I offered examples. 

No matter how many enemies and obstacles are in our path. No matter how many tragedies befall us. And no matter how many turncoats betray us, Earth's Black Race will always survive. 

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

I never used those words. I said we are already at the point where our beautiful skin color fails to bind us. Then I offered examples. 

You most certainly did not use those words.

Point of no return was solely my choice of words.

Mainly to emphasize the fact that while black folks are splintered, frayed, tattered, beat up and battered...we've still got enough left to keep us together if so desired.

We may have to cut off some dead weight if/when the need arises. 😁😎

• Thanks 1