Reflections

I spent a leisurely week-end checking out a marathon of "Through The The Worm Hole" episodes, a series that has been running on the Science cable channel and that is narrated by Morgan Freeman.

After trying to wrap my brain around all of the scienfic theories that attempt to explain the origin of the universe and the creation of life and the nature of reality, and the existence of time, I came to the conclusion that the answers to these mind-boggling questions lie in the mind of a supreme, omniscient, omnipotent intelligence and the explanations are beyond the comprehension of human beings. :wacko::blink:

Christianity and Judaism and Islam attempt to personify this force and to condense physics into a religion of fables and parables and prophets, making a distinction between good and evil. But it's not about good and evil it's about about dark energy and light energy, - action and reaction and randomness. This is why I, personally, relate more to the Eastern disciplines which encourage mind expansion in order to merge with the universal wisdom. -_-

Life is, indeed, a mystery, but it does seem to be eternal; in one form or another. IMO :mellow:

This paradoxical science takes people out of their comfort zone. The bible and all of its variations are security blankets providing believers with simplistic lessons they can relate to. To paraphrase Karl Marx, religion, as we know it, is "the opiate of the masses".

I'm inclinded to believe that the Christ figure was a mystic who practiced meta-physics.

A recent, very extensive and sophisticated study programmed computers to be able to categorize writing style and word usage and come up with who wrote what biblical passages during which time, and the conclusion reached was that much of the bible is cobbled together lacking chronology and that believing it was divinely inspired calls for blind faith.

Many get the most out of the bible when they read between its lines...

Why does the bible endure? Because it has no competition. When free-thinking is the alternative, it's easier to just attribute everything to a Being in the sky. :unsure: