I Am Writing A Letter To Congress About Judge Brown

You're kind of late to the party, dude. You're going to write a letter to your Congress people in support of Justice Jackson?

And not in favor of reinstating Trump? 

You mean, your U.S. Senators. Because it's the upper house that confirms Supreme Court Justices. 

Send that letter in support of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to Senators Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley and every other GOP obstructionist who may vote against her. 

Otherwise, @Stefan is correct.  Wriiting a letter would be an exercise in futility at this point.  😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

And not in favor of reinstating Trump? 

You mean, your U.S. Senators. Because it's the upper

When a political system of influence. If you contact all your relevant legislators they get to know you.

Besides I just have to vote 🗳 for Trump in 2024. Oh YEAH 😎 

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

Otherwise, @Stefan is correct.  Wriiting a letter would be an exercise in futility at this point.  

It’s not meaningless to me, because it proved some people just don’t read and only want to advance their personal agenda. 

Yes. I didn’t send it.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:55 PM, richardmurray said:

did you write the letteR?

Here is my letter. Please feel free to comment.

Dear 

I just wanted to let you know that while I may not agree with Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson philosophy in several areas, I believe she is qualified to serve as the next Supreme Court Justice.
The list below is what I am basing my assessment of her qualifications.

- Magna Cum Laude - Harvard
- Cum Laude - Harvard Univ
- Editor - Harvard Law Review
- Judge Court of Appeals DC Circuit
- US District Court for #DC
- Supreme Court Clerk
- Vice Chair US Sentencing Commission

I am urging you to go on record voicing your support. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please remain healthy and may God Bless you family.

@daniellegfny you said you wanted to write a letter in support and you did. 

... I said it before in this forum and I repeat. Black individual success is not Black communal success. If I earn one hundred billion dollars, it doesn't mean the Black community has improved or has something. Now if i use fifty billion to finance tuition for Black high school students on a first come first serve basis to Historical Black colleges, the community has. Cause money has been used to support a Black collective institution, HBCU's. Ketanji Brown like Clarence Thomas like BArack Obama are individuals. I concur to none in terms of philosophical governance. But, I wanted all to reach their individual marks. And I expected and expect KEtanji Brown to become a Supreme court judge and to be blunt, I don't care about the merited argument.  So, I have little to say in these things cause they are not betterments to the Black community, and I have never valued inspiration like the average black.

4 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I have little to say in these things cause they are not betterments to the Black community, and I have never valued inspiration like the average black.

My difference in view is that the number of individual successes provide both a measure and map to community success. Nature doesn’t allow everyone to grow and demonstrate progress in the same way. As humans we are able to alter our environments that allow more of our species to thrive than a beaver 🦫 which builds a dam. 

We need to recognize the progress that has been made. That way we can work on things that need to be addressed rather rehash past injustices. That practice sole benefit is it shows us things to avoid. I hope you will pick up my newly released book 📖 6 Magic Cans of Happiness Act 3:Danielle the Girl From NY it was released Friday. 2C7BF022-A08C-432F-8930-BA66E5C29F52.thumb.jpeg.1750f80715130cedfea29c6a7b33a9e2.jpeg

• Like 1