Will Smith smacks Chris Rock

Prof D is absolutely correct. It was a bad look.

But did you see Jada's face? She was visibly perturbed and appeared to hold in her anger.

Chris Rock could not have used another joke? 

At first, I thought the two of them were joking because Will Smith walked up to Rock smiling. But it was no stunt.

The portion of the broadcast which many did not see live shows Will angrily berating Chris Rock afterwards.

I love Chris Rock and all the Smiths. But the whole episode is sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harry brown said:

Will. Smith. Wife. Lost. Her. Hair. From. A. Illness. Chris. Rock. ,Should. Have. Left. That,,Alone...Will. Smith. Should. Have. Waited. ,Till ,The. Awards. Show. Was. Over. Then. Spoke. To. Chris. Rock......,Black. On. Black. Violence. At. The. Award. Show...Amazing..

Chris Rock is a comedian.  He tells jokes for a living.  It was not his intention to insult a medical condition. 

Also, Jada could have done a number of things with her head (hat or a wig) if she was that self-conscious about it.  Not like she was sitting there as a cancer patient.

IMO, Will took his frustration out on Chris but his issues go deeper than a joke.  He didn't smack that young guy who was supposedly smashing his wife. Nor has he smacked his confused kids.  Will has deeper issues.  😎

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ProfD said:

Will has deeper issues. 

That is painfully obvious.  I hope he gets the help he needs.  Money can buy a lot of things, but it clearly can't buy mental health.

Chris demonstrated a composure few of us, I'm sure, could have maintained.  He literally saved their lame show.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I think it's White people who are actually the ones keeping this incident alive. 

Surely, they who run the media get to program it. Unfortunately, we won't speak up and force them to let it go. 😎

Guest WALTER CLARK WEBB WRITER

AALBC.COM (BLACK READING) HAVE YOU EVER BEEN PUBLISHED BY A UNIVERSITY?ANSWER

WALTER CLARK WEBB WRITER@CONGRESSIONAL SENATORS OF VETERANS VOICES WRITING PROJECT WITH SAINT LOUIS UNIVESITY LAW SCHOOL ACADEMIC U.S. SUPREME

COURT OF THE SENATORS OF MISSOURI UNITED STATES OF AMERICA SERVING "VVWP" UNIVERSITY PRESS PUBLISHING.

@ACADEMIC MEMORIAL LEADER OF HBCU BLACK COLLEGE FACULTY OLYMPIC PRESIDENT PUBLISHED WITH ARTICLE ON THE WORLDS BEST

BLACK COLLEGE FACULTY OF RECREATION DEPARTMENT AND ONLY "AMERICAN HBCU BLACK COLLEGE SYMBOL OF U.S. RECREATION/

PUBLISHED WITH NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL UNIVESITY PUBLISHING.EDU