The RISE of Kola Boof

Dear Troy,

I was so overjoyed to see you at my book event in Harlem last month.

Since AALBC is where it all started for me in America, I wanted to share

with you & everyone how my new book is taking off!

Thanks so much for your support and understanding.

SUNDAY BOSTON GLOBE

Madison Smartt Bell, one of the nation's most respected literary authors,

wrote a glowing review of "The Sexy Part of the Bible" in SUNDAY's edition

of the Boston Globe.

Book Review of Sexy Part

BOOKLIST review of Kola Boof's "The Sexy Part of the Bible"

REVIEW of The Sexy Part

BLACK EXPRESSIONS BOOK PICK FOR AUGUST!!

*Hardcover Version:

Kola Boof Sexy Part of the Bible

Cynique, I thank you so much. BLUSH.

I think even you will appreciate the level of writing

and imagination propelling the book. Thanks for your

kindness.

Book lovers in New York!!!

"Johnny Temple Presents Kola Boof"

will be held at the Harlem Book Fair

Sat. July 23rd

Thurgood Marshall Hall

4:30 - 5:30 pm

The next day, there's a Reception for me at Sankofa Academy

on Fulton St. in Brooklyn, NY at 4pm. There will be food

& I will be reading there followed by book signing.

Then on Monday, July 25th...I have a reading at BlueStockings

Bookstore in Manhattan at 7pm.

Then I go to Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta,

Seattle, West Palm Beach, Miami and San Francisco.

Kola Boof TOUR SCHEDULE

For people who'd like to see me in person,

my book tour has been expanded (instead of 22

cities by December...I'm now doing 50 cities by

next June). Please check this Tour Schedule for

updates on dates & cities:

Kola Boof Tour Schedule

• 2 weeks later...

So....I hear you showed your gargantuan, ghetto ass at the Harlem Book Fair and slapped SENIOR CITIZEN POET Amiri Baraka in his mouth. I read this on a gossip blog and then they posted tweets you made about it. Ok the dude called you a bitch...BUT YOU ARE A BITCH and you attack this old ass man? SMMFH at this sasquatch.

amiri-baraka_pb.jpg

Amiri Baraka met his match in Kola Boof. This 78-year-old fool ought to know better than to call a woman a "bitch" 7 times and think the "bitch" ain't gonna retaliate.

Sorry for kibitzing, but why was Amiri Baraka calling Kola bitches? What was that all about? Just curious......

It wasn't just Amiri Baraka who was upset at my presence on stage.

It was the majority of Black Men present...angry and verbally abusive because

a Black African woman spoke directly to the Socio-political problems facing Black & Mixed

Women as its own dilemma needful of revolution...while at the same time calling out the

men's failure to acknowledge & represent Black FEMALE humanity in their rhetoric.

Naturally these men expect black women to blindly support and agitate on behalf of "The Black Man"

...even though most of those men don't give a fuck about us and don't even know us once they get back

to their rich abodes with their non-black women.

Ever the Queen, I spoke unapologetically and forcefully to what concerns and should concern other

Black Women...about BEING BLACK WOMEN...in this society that so completely hates & ignores Black women.

There was also a very deliberate "Scheduling conflict" in which my publishers were told that my

time on stage was at 4:30 pm, then 3:30 pm, then 2:30 pm and then 3:30 again. In the lobby there

was a sign with my time as 4:30...but they had 2:30 on printed programs. And it just so happened that

THE MEN (black sexist academics & publishing males) miscalculated their visions of what I would be

like.

More than 2 dozen of these men shouted "Get off the stage bitch!", "Jew loving Cunt!", "Feminist bitch",

"Man-looking bitch", "Ugly black bitch" and other slurs IN UNISON towards me.

It was extremely hurtful; I felt abused by their racist & sexist taunts...I felt overwhelmed by the real

living Hatred that Black American Men have for Black Women. But I stood my ground, defying their intimidation tactics.

I suggested that they "Make me" get off the stage. I promised to bite off and swallow

the penis of any man who tried.

The most vocal attacker of course was Amiri Baraka in the front row with his bodyguards, his wife and other

members of his family. He sat in the front row.

Because I so loved (and still love) Amiri Baraka and had always considered him one of my Fathers, symbolically, his taunts

of hatred and anti-Black woman rhetoric were especially cutting and emotional for me.

He called me "Bitch" 7 times, but also "Jew lover", "Cunt," "Man-looking Amazon bitch", "CIA Prostitute"

and "Whore for the CIA."

I so hated to slap him. It hurt me more than it hurt him. But the hate & bullying directed at me called for

a show of WOMANLY fortitude. My power silenced everyone.

The whole room (including his bodyguards) wanted to rip me limb from limb...but POSAR (my ex-fiance

and former bodyguard of Al Sharpton) threatened to pulverize anyone who touched me. So no one touched

me. And of course, I am formidable myself.

It was the BLACK LITERATI's first face to face look at their real mother in action. It was a showdown

and I was NOT silenced or reduced in any way. I was bigger than everybody.

It was ME (and no else) being photographed by the dozens of papparrazi outside as I left the building.

It was a "passing of the baton"....a seminal moment in which those who have cursed & hated my presence

in the Black American Literati circle for years were finally forced to see that I am the future and

that I am more relevant and powerful than they are.

Instead of EMBRACING this strange child they've raised, the Black Americans keep thinking they can

will me away with their jealousy, prejudice and misplaced pride.

But I am their real mother. Forces more powerful than either them or myself have placed me here.

And that brings me to an apt REVIEW of my new book posted today by the Seattle pop culture newspaper,

THE STRANGER in which they declare that my name, Kola Boof, is the BEST WRITER'S NAME EVER and that

my book is a work of supreme greatness:

The Stranger Suggests Kola Boof

You can't keep a good woman down.

Especially when she's Nilotic Oromo African.

I was the love in the room.

It was the majority of Black Men present...angry and verbally abusive because a Black African woman spoke directly to the Socio-political problems facing Black & Mixed Women as its own dilemma needful of revolution...while at the same time calling out the men's failure to acknowledge & represent Black FEMALE humanity in their rhetoric.

So you are suggesting black men in the audience were attacking you because you are a black woman, speaking about the issues of black women? Why would they object to that? Makes no sense........