The Black community in the USA need an alternative to Black officials from the Party of Andrew Jackson or Abraham Lincoln

23 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Brian Benjamin...represent the one thing that unifies Black government officials, elected or not,  they are just poor. 

This guy was the LT Governor of NY.  Yet, he manages to get indicted for bribery in helping a real estate developer obtain $50k grant.  He's not the 1st nor will he be the last stupid politician.  At some point, black folks have to learn they cannot do what their white counterparts do.  😎

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ProfD said:

At some point, black folks have to learn they cannot do what their white counterparts do.  

The reason why black people in the usa are unable to act as whites is because of white people, this is a historic as well as modern fact, so joining white organizations in the usa which is dominated throughout its entire history by whites,  is a double hindrance. 

The notion that Blacks should form their own political party has been around for since Hillary lost to Trump.

Generally, I’d say the Democratic Party has been better for Black America than the GOP.

For most of U.S. history, the Republican Party had a stranglehold on the Black vote. But after racist Whites in the South defected to the GOP in the 1960's
and the early ’70s, the Democratic Party became the party of Black America. This switch actually began 1948.

Blacks favoring Democrats culminated in the election of Barack Obama in 2008 and his re-election four years later. Despite Obama preventing the country from sliding into a Depression and passing the Affordable Care Act, for the most part, things did not improve for the majority of Blacks.

Well, there’s always the GOP, the party of Voter Suppression, States’ Rights and White Supremacy. And of course, Trump, who is a modern buffoonish version of Benito Mussolini.

With an-all Black political party, our people might be able to really put some pressure on both major parties to do our bidding. But there’s a catch.

Now, we may never be able to match the wealth or media domination of AIPAC, the political action committee that fronts for Israel. Or be equal with other high-pressure groups such as the various LGBT lobbyists.

Money talks in Washington, D.C., and as a group, Blacks do not have much of it to donate to politicians. Most our disposable income is earmarked for essentials, such as housing rent, food, transportation and medical care. Our power has always been in The Vote.

But that power has been diminished by Voter Suppression and our own in-fighting.

Closing the racial wealth gap cannot be done without heavy and progressive taxing of the richest in the U.S.

Still, creating a workable and sustainable Black political party will be a start.

• Like 1

@Stefan thank you for your reply, my only addition is the notion has been around since circa 1865 but White financed Black Leaders , to be blunt, opposed it functionally. 

Sequentially, a black party of governance will have to oppose Black leadership in nearly all sectors. NEarly all black elected officials in the USA will oppose it. NEarly all black fiscally wealthy will oppose it. 

I think we all know a Black party of governance hasn't been tried with vigor cause it represents a challenge for most Black people who are deemed successful in the usa. 

To your points about finance or agenda, both will be interesting challenges. 

Special interests run politics i.e. money. 

IMO, before we can think of and/or establish a black political party, we must come up with an agenda that enriches the lives of black folks.

The agenda has to be solid enough that black folks are wiling to invest their resources (time and money).

Also, the agenda needs to emphasize demands to which politicians can be held accountable or else they won't receive...more money. 😎

• Like 1

I dare anyone to prove that Black people could vote in large numbers or were free to do so in 1865. Thus, attempting to create an all-Black political party back then would prove a fantasy.

I agree with the idea of creating one. But I don’t see reality being respected.

Black voters are not a monolith. We think differently. Most want all of us to be educated, skilled and free to financially exploit our talents. Most of us want our families safe and for all to own a home at some point.

The problem is we disagree on how to accomplish this – but it’s never acknowledged. And that must be addressed – or you’ll taking about this until The End Times.

This is why I noted any plan must be WORKABLE. And detailed. We need create an agenda most of us can agree with or one that will work for the majority of us. Because we know some proposals will never please all.

But there is no friggin’ way I will denounce every single Black legislator who has been elected or work to ensure their defeat. We are not perfect. Neither are they. And people can and do change.

If we can aim to put pressure on major political parties, then we can aim to put pressure on Black legislators to bring them around to our way of thinking.

We need to add to the numbers of our representatives. Not start from scratch.

• Like 1

@Stefan not a fantasy , but a difficulty, nothing is impossible, but the question is, how many black people are willing to do whatever it takes. 

How many Black people circa 1865 were willing to kill black people who didn't vote for a black party? Is it right or wrong, I don't know about that. Is it difficult, 100%. Circa 1865 these are death by the hands. But,  In the war between the states, many white families hurt their own household members. Whites were willing to kill each other for an agenda. Was it right or wrong?  I don't know. Was it difficult? 100% 

Historically, your very correct. From the infancy of the usa the Black community has disagreed on what tomorrow needs to be, when one section of free black people fought for england, aside the other section of free black people who fought for the colonies, aside the final section of black people who were completely enslaved and is the largest group. All three groups wanted freedom.

The enslaved blacks, 90% of us:) , didn't want the colonies of england to win,they didn't want the english crown to win,  they wanted to kill or somebody to kill that white master and all other whites around them and flee far enough to be away from whites forever. 

The blacks who fought for the usa, wanted the colonies to win, figuring the whites they fought next too would invalidate slavery. Sadly for them, benjamin franklin and company re-enslaved most of them. 

The blacks who fought for england , wanted the english crown to win, figuring the whites they fought next too would invalidate slavery. In defense of the british, they did give their loyalist freedom, hard freedom, bootless freedom, but freedom, 

So, your point is correct, but the problem is greater than acknowledgement. It is that from circa 1865 Black leaders in the church and elected made individual accountability the majority accepted opinion on how to accomplish, one black person at a time as citizens of the USA.

The advantages of individual accountability by Black people in the USA is: nonviolence thus whites can't use simple legal means to harm  or blackade or ostracize,less to no communal activity thus whites can't use black communal activity to spur on their communal activity which is better financed, freedom for blacks to act anywhere in the usa thus black people can be president of the usa or ceo's of whites firms or in the various occupations or places or positions in the usa that don't benefit black people in a direct way but can benefit a black person alone, Black individuals are free to be themselves thus a Black person can harm other black people and it is not up to the community to erase that individual but it is up to other black individuals to decide how they want to relate to that person. 

The disadvantages are many, but the most potent is lack of speed. It moves to slow and thus, while trickles of black people slowly become better from 1865 to today, the majority of black people are unable as individuals to succeed. Thus it means, the black community in the usa, with the current plan started in 1865 by black leadership will take a very very long time to reach a place where a majority of black people will be positive. 

There is a review of The Black Agenda coming. 

The solution is really simple: we must educate and support our own, before allowing ourselves to be educated by and supporting others. 

but that is exceedingly difficult. we have been divided and conquered. undoing this will take several more generations…

Black people love to proclaim “we are not a monolith,” but that is where our power comes from. What other group with power goes around proclaiming how fragmented they are? 

Our nation prizes individualism, but while that may work for the individual it can not work for us as a people. Actually it does not work for white  folks either, they just benefit as a consequence of being the same “race” as the group in power.

Read Claud Anderson too.

More about Claud Anderson https://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=Claud+Anderson

• Like 2

@Troy is exactly right. The solution is *simple* but exceedingly *difficult* considering how AfroAmericans were  colonized. 

Individual achievement and accomplishment is great. We should all strive to be our very best.

However, as a group of people there's strength in numbers especially when it comes to knowledge, security, wealth management, etc. 

Every other group has ties that bind them whether it's racial, ethnic, cultural,  etc. They know their history and close ranks when necessary.

Right now, Ukrainians are a good example of it. I don't see or hear any dissent among them as it relates to how they should protect themselves and take care of each other. Even wealthy Ukrainian men are on the battle front. 😎

• Like 1

@ProfD the following link will take you to an article where you will note many ukranians dissenting. If anything your prose prove that black people take too much stock in how white owned media presents us. Black people in the usa don't own white owned media but live in a white country.

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=1883&type=status

@Troy I will be blunt, many a black person I know older than you or me by distance said the same thing about their time when our age, referencing a book written by a black person. .... What do you want Troy for the Black community in the USA? Do you want Black owned book publishing firms to dominate the market? what goal do you want for the black community in the USA? 

@richardmurray, I stand corrected. 

There are Ukrainians who would rather flee the country than stay and fight and kill or be killed by their Russian counterparts. 

Interestingly, among the several hundreds of men who have chosen to leave Ukraine, many of them feel "guilt and shame" for doing so. 

Sadly, the Russian/Ukrainian conflict is totally unnecessary and fueled by politics and greed. 😎

On 4/17/2022 at 10:11 PM, richardmurray said:

@Stefan great link, I still wonder what you think , but thank you. I can't imagine you don't think anything.

I do. But I want you to put your agenda together from those who think they know everything. 

Query them. Ask what THEY think. Or, read some Black books that detail ideas on issues near and dear to our people.

If you fancy a few paragraphs or the theme of a chapter, then copy it. But make sure you attribute what you use.

Ask anyone who thinks they know what obstacles the Black Community faces. Then go to some experts on different Websites and solicit opinions on solutions.  

20 hours ago, richardmurray said:

What do you want Troy for the Black community in the USA? Do you want Black owned book publishing firms to dominate the market? what goal do you want for the black community in the USA? 

I want the Black man's ice to be colder.

@ProfDI want to amend your statement, not just russian counterparts their russian kin/family/clan. That article's primary point , in my view, is the lack of comprehension or media admittance on the relationship between ukraine side russia. 

I bet most ukranians have russian ancestry. You think so professor? I think so. This russian/ukranian war is a intra-clan war. That is being sold as two separate peoples, by the usa goverment who has an agenda to offer other news than the fiscal downturns or virus and wants to push the european union into something. 

of course, most people from the USA who didn't fight in the vietnam war,living in canada or somewhere outside the usa, who are alive still feel a similar guilt or shame to ukranians who have not fought in the russian ukranian war. Same to whites who didn't fight in the war between the states, based on what was spoken through transcription in my memory.  Humanity loves to make men feel bad when they don't fight in wars, as if wars are ever as straight or simple as advertised. They never are.  

In my view, the russian ukranian was is inevitable or necessary. I will defend my position professor, with the following, i wonder how my defense holds up.

1st. the russian government was already installed in two regions in ukraine that the current ukranian government never officially accepted. The eastern border provinces of ukraine that border russia, I think called the donks. And Crimea was under russian suzerainty, like guantanemo is to the usa. So, the russian government saw a need to control crimea which is the biggest seaport in the region and support plus liberate the donks, which is the pro russian , east section of ukraine. Based on the western kiev based ukranina reply to current events, russia acted in fair necessity. 

2nd. The ukranian goverment before the current was pro russian and the usa side other western european countries, manipulated things in ukraine to overtunr said government. Thus, the usa meddled in ukraine to place a pro usa government. But the pro usa government in ukraine didn't seem to realize that all their neighbors had a military alliance but them. bellarus has a military alliance with russia, poland and west of ukraine are all in nato for the most part. so...the ukrainian government foolishly thought it could evade being a proper neutral country while not joining a military alliance. they performed a dangerous dance between two powers and any time a government does that they make war in their land inevitable. 

@Stefan for the record, the black party of governance in the usa isn't my agenda. I want to see it, I advocate for it, but on a simple grounds, it has never been done. 

Black people starting business, supporting black businesses, going to college, having educational pushes gardless of college in the usa have been done multiple times ias collective pushes in the black community in the usa. But the black community in the usa has never , ever , had a black party of governance. I advocate doing new things when you have tried the same old things multiple times. 

Black people i know in south africa, tell me about, voting, and I inform them. over 95% of black people voted for mandela and company, and in the first eight years, over 90% of black people participated in voting. The fact that the percentage of black vote is lower now can't be blamed on black voters when in my lifetime black people voted over 90% in south africa. I tell them, do new things, forget about black parties of governance, ala ANC forget them. 

To the usa, I have never been a member of the donkeys or the elephants and I have no intention of joining a black party of governance in the usa , but I know it is something that hasn't been done and so instead of hearing ten more years of black people complain about the party of andrew jackson or abaraham lincoln, i advocate those complainers making a new party. 

You know the forums in this community, you read the comments, this forum is full of black folk, at the least people I think are black,  complaining  about the two parties, so leave both of them and start a new one. 

To your point about soliciting information from others , fair enough

@Troy :)  for men of the sun, that may be the hardest achievement for our rocks to make :)

as you said, the individualism has to go... the day most black individuals have an idea of where they want the black community to go, will be the day , communalism is stronger in the black community

41 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfDI want to amend your statement, not just russian counterparts their russian kin/family/clan. That article's primary point , in my view, is the lack of comprehension or media admittance on the relationship between ukraine side russia. 

I bet most ukranians have russian ancestry. You think so professor? I think so. This russian/ukranian war is a intra-clan war. That is being sold as two separate peoples, by the usa goverment who has an agenda to offer other news than the fiscal downturns or virus and wants to push the european union into something. 

@richardmurray your analysis and understanding of the Russian/Ukrainian conflict is spot on from top to bottom. 

Ukraine is caught in the middle of a political game.  The USA wants them close to NATO.  Russian wants to put the band back together....USSR.

Ukrainian lives are being sacrificed for political interests.  Russians are are being forced to kill, rape and torture their own not too distant relatives. 

As I wrote, this whole situation is unnecessary.  But, this is how power and greed works especially among the most barbaric people on the planet. 

White folks will let millions of people die for nothing even among themselves. 😎

@ProfD is power for nothing? is the path made from power unnecessary? I argue the history of the USA , at the least the white european people in it, proves using violence/war/getting the death of millions/being barbaric/having greed is for everything, not for nothing. Without said negativities the white european community in the usa has little to nothing of what they have, thus said negativities are the most necessary to those who have the most. If anything, the questions are, what value is peace? is peace for nothing?  Is peace unnecessary? Are native americans living peacefully in the USA necessary to native american betterment , growth? What has living peacefully brought the native american? 

I think whites know history very well, and they know that those who are in control have the forebears who acted negatively without shame, for they comprehended their descendants will be better off inheriting more, by any means, not less. 

59 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD is power for nothing? is the path made from power unnecessary? 

"What is it for a man to gain the world (power) and lose his soul (humanity)?"

Using power to destroy and control other human beings is the real definition of evil. 

White folks have used power negatively to conquer the world. But, the question is what have they really gained.

One could argue the spoils of slavery and war have flooded white folks with untold wealth. 

I contend that the reason white folks will never enjoy peace is because their lust for power doesn't allow them to rest.

Maintaining white supremacy (power)  leaves them in a perpetual state of wickedness.

That's why white folks build the most impressive defense systems. Their fear is that one day non-white folks are going to rise up against them and usurp their power.

Every act of aggression that white folks make against others and even amongst themselves is to practice killing and to spread fear and control among non-whites. They project strength in order to maintain world order and power. 😎

• Like 1

It is not just White People. Black people can be wicked and evil, too. This is why Rwanda and Tigray occurred. 

All human beings have a capacity for loving another or hating another. 

I really don't get Black people arguing over makes up different White people's DNA. It's not going to change anything. 

@Stefan @ProfDI  concur that all humans beings can do negative or positive things, the words sin/evil/good/wicked  I don't know about all that. 

People do negative things for reasons. 

Rwanda or Tigray didn't happen cause of evil or wickendess or badness, they were inevitable because of the situation that two groups of people were set up in. Again, I can take White european examples, to show it isn't about Black people, it is a merely human thing. Ireland was dominated by the english for thousands of years and with all the miscegenation, intermarrying, in the end, the irish still wanted freedom from the english. the tigray/ oromo/eritreans/the falasha have been fighting each other since ancient times. And they never had a set of leaders at the same time who wanted a peaceful union. The tutsi and hutu before the english got to tanganyika were not one people and battled each other. the british got their and they still didn't like each other. The british made rwanda, and absent leaders who wanted to merge, they eventually had it out. The Black community in the USA has over 150 years of a majority of its leaders, dysfunctionally or functionally, stating they peacefully or positively embrace whites. Not all leaders, but most. That is how you get multiracial peace. 

And that is why Black folks argue over this issue Stefan. The question is what do you want the Black community to be tomorrow. The white community is still battling over what they want the white community in the usa to be or the usa itself to be. For any group to improve they need consensus, but consensus can be hard to achieve without violence. Cause with violence, you can kill the people in the group who aren't in consensus and thus consensus is reached. Is it a sin or evil? I don't know, but I know it is very functional. Can every community do it? clearly not, but absent consensus in a group , what canany group positively  change for itself? 

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

For any group to improve they need consensus, but consensus can be hard to achieve without violence. Cause with violence, you can kill the people in the group who aren't in consensus and thus consensus is reached. Is it a sin or evil? I don't know, but I know it is very functional. Can every community do it? clearly not, but absent consensus in a group , what canany group positively  change for itself? 

Human beings killing each other for consensus would be a sin.  Violence should be a last resort of self-defense.   Otherwise, most problems can be solved constructively.😎  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, richardmurray said:

I repeat The Black community in the USA need an alternative to Black officials from the Party of Andrew Jackson or Abraham Lincoln 

Brian Benjamin + Clarence Thomas have one thing in common. They represent the one thing that unifies Black government officials,elected or not,  they are just poor. 

Just remember, it was the Democrat party who started the KKK, hated blacks then, and still hates them today. As long as the Democrats keep gaslighting you, you'll still arrive at the same conclusion. Contrary to what white liberals, liberal Jews, congressional black leaders, Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, MSN, CNN, Big Education, globalists and everyone else tells you, the Republican party is NOT the enemy of black America. Sadly, black America seems destined to find that out the "hard way".

@ProfD well, I ask you this, the annihilation of native american peoples by white europeans, you think could had been resolved constructively?

@nels I am not trying to proselytize, or gather members,  and I know many Black people who concur to your view or oppose your view. But I need to make one thing clear, my position is that both parties are to the detriment of Black people. I do not view the party of Abraham Lincoln or the party of Andrew Jackson as beneficial to the Black community in the USA. Do you comprehend Nels?  Both are , to me, no good for the black community in the usa. The only thing that online or offline debates reminds me is how black people , of all types, are unwilling to say both major parties of governance are no good for black people in the usa. I find it interesting that most black people can argue about which of those two parties is bad, but said black people agree, one of those parties has to be the answer. 

11 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD well, I ask you this, the annihilation of native american peoples by white europeans, you think could had been resolved constructively?

No. See my comment about self-defense. 

Native Americans fought back but they were annihilated because they lacked weaponry and blood thirst....the desire to kill and conquer. 😎

@ProfD weaponry was lacking but history proves lack of weaponry is best replaced by communal strictness. You use a word bloodlust, but the native american lacked the racial views necessary to survive en large. As the great tecumseh realized, all native americans must unite together and oppose those who are not native american, but native americans didn't or couldn't do that. In the same way Black people in the usa have never been able to unite on strict phenotypical bounds. bloodlust isn't a factor. How solidified a community is a factor. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, ProfD said:

No. See my comment about self-defense. 

Native Americans fought back but they were annihilated because they lacked weaponry and blood thirst....the desire to kill and conquer. 😎

Just passing through. Small crowd here.

@ProfD

The major reasons why the Native Americans were slaughtered is because they failed to unite and were facing an invading enemy who denied the humanity of their men, women, children and aged.

This evidence is staring Black people right in their faces and many can't seem to accept it. 

Yeah, there will always be turncoats in our midst. But we suffer from far too many of them these days.

@Stefan The native american from modern day canada to argentina was slaughtered cause for the most part, they didn't treat the stranger, the immigrant , the way history proves most people should, with utter disdain or hate. Native Americans never conceived so many will come from across the ocean to these lands. All of us today, forget how many people, whether on their own volition, or enslaved, in the past or today, continually come to the american continent. The large chunks of populations from Europe/Africa/Asia have moved, one way or another,  into the american continent.  The native american couldn't believe so many will come. Remember, the navajo had experience with the spanish before the 13 colonies. New Spain had existed for a long time but the spanish never brought over so many people, ala the mestizo populace who are partially indegenous. Part of the reason haiti had a successful slave revolt was the quantity of black people in that country. The french or spanish never wanted to become "american" so to speak. they wanted resources + money. But the english particularly in the usa, and the portuguese in brazil saw in the immigration idea a new country. The goal wasn't to have natives or blacks under a mulatto or mestizo class like in the spanish or french territories. the idea was to literally make a new home for hordes of people, and that is what the native american never assumed, until too late. Second and you have to mention this, the native american populace was decimated by european diseases. I don't know the number but I am certain the mere presence of europeans killed large chunks of native peoples, but for some reason people today don't want to admit that.  so, unity was lacking but that was not the reason for the decimation. First, a miscomprehension on the immigration that was being planned , especially by the english/portuguese . Second, a biological war that people don't want to own up to. Third, your point, disunity, like whenTecumseh asked all the eastern tribes to unite but they all didn't. And to be honest, like black people in the usa today, most eastern tribes were probably too scared. Fear is powerful, a scared people are not going to sacrifice. 

25 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

The native american from modern day canada to argentina was slaughtered cause for the most part, they didn't treat the stranger, the immigrant , the way history proves most people should, with utter disdain or hate. 

Most human beings are not born barbaric.  Therefore, we do not walk around naturally hating each other.  It usually takes a set of conditions and/or circumstances to make most people negative. 

Such is not the case with white folks.  They enjoy killing people and they're very good at it.

If someone shows up at my  *house* and rings the doorbell, it would not be my first instinct to mistrust or hate them.  OTOH, if someone was trying to break-in to my house, I would deal with that situation accordingly. 

All over the planet, native people have welcomed white folks into their land only to be destroyed, conquered and colonized.  Unfortunately, this happened before the internet.  There was no global early warning system. 😎

On 4/16/2022 at 2:40 PM, richardmurray said:

How many Black people circa 1865 were willing to kill black people who didn't vote for a black party? Is it right or wrong, I don't know about that. Is it difficult, 100%.

@richardmurray LOL! What about today? 

Yes, I am not ready to be killed right now by my own Black people for not voting for either party, so I try to be a little discreet. 

I'm registered to vote but soon after, my views completely changed about voting to submit to the agenda of either one of two White men to lead me as president/Commander-in-chief. I strongly believe in respecting our highest leaders of this American government and try not to say anything disrespectful against their person, because of their high position. But because of the intensity of Black people in their believing in the vote, I will go into the booth, however, I write in my candidate and liken myself to some of the Africans that are also bullied into the western world of voting for a White Supremacist leader. I love how the Eritreans vote continually for their 'president'. LOL. I know that they will NEVER truly vote because it is against their religious beliefs based on scripture. The so-called White man's Bible tells them that God will completely destroy them if they ever vote for a foreign leader to rule over their culture. LOL. 

On 4/19/2022 at 4:26 PM, richardmurray said:

I bet most ukranians have russian ancestry. You think so professor? I think so. This russian/ukranian war is a intra-clan war.

HAH! Absolutely! I too believe that most Ukrainians have Russian ancestry, but this war speaks to how the Russians feel about some ancient issues and what they may feel as turncoats. 

On 4/19/2022 at 4:26 PM, richardmurray said:

To the usa, I have never been a member of the donkeys or the elephants and I have no intention of joining a black party of governance in the usa , but I know it is something that hasn't been done and so instead of hearing ten more years of black people complain about the party of andrew jackson or abaraham lincoln, i advocate those complainers making a new party. 

"To the usa, I have never been a member of the donkeys or the elephants and I have no intention of joining a black party of governance in the usa..."

Here, Here!

But truthfully, I have been, but my views have completely changed. I am not ready to deal with Black people and their belief in White leaders though, so I will go in the booth to vote, but as usual, I will write in my candidate. 

On 4/24/2022 at 12:10 AM, richardmurray said:

my position is that both parties are to the detriment of Black people.

Absolutely. I registered to vote to protect my rights as a citizen, but my views changed. I try to read and understand the contention that Black people have about both parties, however, I am not convinced that they benefit Black people. I did not vote for Obama neither time he was on the ballot. I completely disagree with him just as I do with all of the other candidates. I am not against homosexuality if it is a choice but loathe the fact that this issue was pushed on Obama's agenda. 

On 4/25/2022 at 9:36 PM, richardmurray said:

As the great tecumseh realized, all native americans must unite together and oppose those who are not native american, but native americans didn't or couldn't do that. In the same way Black people in the usa have never been able to unite on strict phenotypical bounds. bloodlust isn't a factor. How solidified a community is a factor. 

The Racial Integrity law was passed as I vaguely remember, aimed at the Native Americans. For this reason, some of the Native Americans remained on the reservations, some bonded with the Black people and about 90% married White women and left the reservation. My late father-in-law told me that he refused to go to war and fight a White man's war. He was the few that bonded with the Black people. He married a Black woman. 

Long before Tecumseh, there was Hiawatha. Native Americans had major issues with 'phenotype' and Colorism long before the White man came and brought their Black slaves. I tell my son, in no way to you fill out paperwork in college that you have Native American ancestry so that you can be mocked.  The Black Indian culture is NO MORE. Many people today are trying to steal your identity as being African American, meanwhile trying to fool you into running away from it. 

Last year, I stood by my Great grandmother's tombstone, a Tuscarora woman of the Iroquois confederacy. And, I think about how she was stolen

as a little girl during the Great Tuscarora War and put into a slave family to raise her. Her death certificate shows her SCOTTISH surname. 

I remember how my father-in-law told me why he chose not to get the Indian card. 

I listen to my husband talk about his mother and how her mother was stolen from Montana and forced eastwards and dumped onto a slave plantation in the state of Maryland. 

I also took a picture of my other Great grandmother's tombstone. And, I think about how, as a little girl, she was stolen from East Africa.

My husband is so angry to hear these stories of Black females being stolen for the benefit of America. I am so angry. 

• Sad 1

Most Americans vote for the lesser of two evils depending on their views and agenda.  Black folks have it even worse without an agenda.

Many Americans are poor, homeless, strapped by student loans, upside down mortgages, facing foreclosure and eviction, runaway gas prices, etc. 

Then, there is America's crumbling infrastructure (roads, bridges, tunnels, parks, etc.).   Plenty work to be done and jobs to be had if/when they decide to fix everything that is broken and/or that needs to be upgraded.  

Our elected leaders debate the issues that could enrich American lives.  But, they are in total agreement when it comes to sending $40B to a country overseas or starting a war.

All of this is aired through a media cycle that is on 24/7/365.  Yet, Americans refuse to accept that regardless of party, politicians are two sides of the same coin.  Watch their hands.  Follow the money.  😎

Wait until Israel convinces Congress that a war against Iran is not only necessary, but is ordained by G-d.

And Blacks, Latinos and poor Whites must fight and die in it. While their families must make do with massive budget cuts to healthcare, education, roads, bridges, tunnels, transit and naturally, law enforcement. 

The only political party that matters at this point in time is called The Party of Trump.

@Chevdove exactly, the black populace in the usa, has a heritage of nonviolence. rightly or wrongly, functionally or dysfunctionally. 

I don't see the scenario in ukraine as a cultural war. modern humanity has three empires: the usa/china/russia. the empires are testing the water to see where the weaker countries will align. In the end, the usa/russia/china haven't had any issue in their borders. It  is still the same cold war proxy stuff. Ukraine may become the next germany. 

interesting, I hope you have your story written down for later generations in your clan. Alot of people in the usa talk about genealogy, but while genetic tracing can be informative, nothing beats messages from the past that have emotional content. 

@ProfD I will say this, I will love the us government to give multiples of billions to native american reservations. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD I will say this, I will love the us government to give multiples of billions to native american 

The reparations ship for Native Americans and ADOS is sailing further away with each passing generation. They're playing the long game.😎

I cannot understand some posters on here. You loudly proclaim that you’re neither a Democrat or a Republican?

Well, I hope you consider yourself an Independent and that you actually DO vote.

Because if you don’t even vote, then you’re crapping all over the memory and legacy of African Americans who longed for, marched for and died for the right to win us The Vote.

What major political party chose Barack Obama to be its standard bearer in 2016? And what major political party threw its weight behind this extraordinarily gifted Black man so that he whomped his opponent by seven percentage points in that year’s national election?

Again, which major political party?

From talking to many Black men on different forums and Websites, I know full well why so many of them cannot stand Barack Obama.

They are envious, resentful and hateful of Obama’s communications talents. They could never deliver a long speech that included soaring oratory. They could not author a best-selling book. And they certainly could not garner support from millions of voters of all races to stand with them.

Hence, their jealousy of Obama punctures their paper-thin excuses of why they don’t like him.

So, to those folks who claim you don’t support either major political party: Do you at least vote? Be honest and truthful.

Because if you don’t, White racists all across this country will be so gleeful learning about this, they may laugh all through the night.  

We do not need another political party, despite what some claim.

In this climate of a retracting economy, growing hate against our people and the specter that thousands of us will be dissuaded or prevented from voting, that idea is a non-starter.

So, now tell us what you’re going to do, because …

Voting small.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD I apologize, I didn't say I think it will happen, I said I will love if it did

No need for apology. I understand your position and I'm in agreement. It would be great if Native Americans and ADOS got reparations. Just went a step further in lamenting what I see. 

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

So, to those folks who claim you don’t support either major political party: Do you at least vote? Be honest and truthful.

Guilty as charged. I'm registered as an Independent.

The honest truth is that I've voted in every election since I was eligible several decades ago. 😎

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 7:48 AM, Troy said:

Black people love to proclaim “we are not a monolith,”

Black women are a monolith when it comes to voting. Black women registered voters typically back Democratic candidates, referendums, and questions by 90%. So far, nothing can shake our position other than suppression. We are the most loyal Democratic voting bloc - and it's because Democratic legislative proposals solve our problems. 

For example, before the Supreme Court and Republicans started chipping away at the Affordable Care Act - (Obamacare), we paid out of pocket for the minimum primary health care visits - forget about testing because that was cost-prohibitive. After ACA, our uninsured rates went down, and we got our health care issues addressed.

Under President Obama and his  JOBS Act, we gained access to private equity funding for our startups for the first time. Before legislation passed, President Obama helped black women gain equity in the U.S. 

Thanks to President Obama's renewed interest in our academic journey from Pre-school to Graduate school, Black women could get undergraduate, professional, and graduate degrees.

As I inferred from @Stefan and @ProfD commentary - working with the party that delivers on legislative proposal solutions; and supporting candidates that propose to do the same is how we get a political party representing our community. 

Attempting to start a new party is laudable -but it reminds me of a Richard Pryor joke when he said," dude told his woman - he was leaving her and going to find some new "P"… She paused for a minute, then told him "if you had two more inches of "D" you'd find some new "P" right here. 

In that respect, Black women are a monolith because we believe in working with and using the resources we have to prepare enough to feed everyone. 

• Like 1

Oh one more thing!

Thanks to President Obama's Jobs Act, my mother and I have private equity shares in black-owned technology fabless semiconductor company, Espre Technologies, Inc.  Equity crowdfunding allows us to support black-owned businesses. And it's the first time we've been able to get in on the ground floor before it goes belly-up or public. 

The seed money we raised in the first round of regulation crowdfunding allows the inventor to fabricate his Edge device protection SoC (System on a chip). While the proprietary technology is a bit complicated, In short, -it helps wireless channels handle increased data. Without it, autonomous cars could stop processing information when it's most vulnerable. Or it can protect construction cranes from bad actors.  

The Jobs act allowed a black woman, Linda (Lynn) P. Smith, President/Founder/CEO, in Cincinnati to start a private equity regulation crowdfunding platform to raise money to "buy the block."

While many people have probably heard about Bezos's real estate investment platform to allow people to buy shares in rental property, This sister's business helps people crowdfund to property to prevent gentrification. 

So, again working with who we have serves us. We need more legislators who believe in democracy and equity for all people. 

• Like 2

@Mel Hopkins

Thank you, thank you and thank you once again. You always THINK and come to the proper conclusion by employing evidence, logic and common sense.

It's a pity that so many on news forums and discussion groups these days are in such a hurry to pound a keyboard before they even know what the slop they want to pontificate about. 

Most honest-hearted and level-headed Journalists are basically the same. As you told me, a true Journalist never forgets their roots to investigate, ascertain reliable and responsible sourcing and then let people know of their findings. That is what you do and I applaud you!

People will gloss or ignore the phrasing honest-hearted and level-headed. Only because they have an agenda. 

I do not care for those who just mouth off and then refuse to offer proof or cite sourcing for their assertions. 

• Thanks 1

@Stefan Remember when you talk about the Black people who fought for the right to vote, never forget the black people back then who opposed that. Not all black people supported that strategy. Remember WEB Dubois himself who believed in integration and the momviolent action of the vote as an older man, in simple terms, rebuked that stance. so , does one honor WEB DUbois the younger or WEB Dubois the older? they are not the same man. 

The garveyite movement at its heart was a movement of segregation or separation. The whole point of leaving the usa is to severe links not to carry the links to africa or anywhere else. And, if Malcolm's father was a garveyite, I think it proves many forebears didn't die for the right to vote. But died for other causes, rightly or wrongly , functionally or dysfunctionally. 

I will not speak for all other black men, but in my experience, offline plus online, I find most black men don't have envy or distaste for barack obama. Most black men don't think much of him. But, the why is key? And I have said it before many times  in AALBC, that black men don't want in majority what Black women want. Connecting to Mel's points. Black women have led the black community since the war between the states ended, in my view. but, black men, are going a different path, they want a different relationship to the usa. Not all, BArack Obama is a black man. Eric Adams is a black man. but I think most black men do not believe in the usa project. The problem is, they don't have a system around what they want or need. I go back to the million man march. What so few say is it was clear black men were looking for something the usa doesn't have, and they are still looking. And it clearly isn't going to be achieved through the system that satisfies many black women, and I daresay most black women. 

So I am glad you state your position on a black party of governance, but I repeat merely for the record, if some total stranger reads this, I am certain many black people in the usa want or need a black party of governance.  

@ProfD I think your point is nail on the head. In harlem, the Black vote has solidified the party of andrew jackson for decades before I was born on all levels of government. What has the black populace in harlem achieved for this participation, this voting block way? nothing. The answer is nothing. The city council of new york, the two legislative branches of new york state, the house of representatives of the congress, all black, all voted in by a black majority for decades. But what has that voting block earned the black community of harlem? nothing. 

I will never forget the million man march, I couldn't go but I remember the older males in my clan who did. and they all had the same position. this wasn't what they hoped for. At the end of the day, the speeches was what you hear on AALBC alot. Please vote, as if the black community hasn't supported both parties for over 150 years earnestly and achieved nothing. Please follow the law. As if, white people aren't committing illegalities all the time. 

Again, in harlem, it was the nypd that pushed drugs on black people, everybody know this, that is a common fact. And comprehend, Black elected officials at all levels of government existed to represent harlem  while this happened. and some will say play a game but the party of abraham lincoln offered white people talking about the beauty of citizenship or black officials telling other black people about bootstraps and we both know what mlkjr thought of that. soo... of course black people voted and still vote for the party of andrew jackson in harlem, but its worth nothing. 

Again, I know black people in south africa. many, can't say most most or least, black people in south africa curse mandela. why? He went to jail in zulu garb and came out in european dress. No that isn't the reason but it is a motif to his reality. he came out wanting what black people in the usa want. And the results were the same, but black people in south africa didn't die for that. They didn't die for integration with whites. My point is, black people in south africa voted over 95% , now it is down to circa 60% . People love to talk of voting as if all black people in the past died for voting, that isn't true. Beko didn't die for voting. Garvey didn't live for voting. Dessalines spat on voting. And the results of voting with the black community all through humanity show its inefficiency and why many and eventually most abandon it. It doesn't lead to anything.  And thus why, whites in majority support the party of abraham lincoln. the party of abraham lincoln in modernity isn't helping the white power agenda as purely as many suggest but it is the better option to the integration that the whites don't want. 

In the end, Mel's comment made me realize maybe a majority of black men side a minority of black women need a black party of governance. While a majority of black women side a minority of black men fit or are satisfied to the current parties and their function. What if the black men , want in majority, a more straight forward support, like the entire white community in the usa, which includes white asian, white latinos, white muslims. They don't have an option, and I think they still need it and want it. 

@Mel Hopkins do you know what percentage of black women in the usa vote, as percent of the whole? 

I have said the following to you multiple times. black women are the key to the black village in the usa. They are the ones who guided the black village to modernity, rightly or wrongly, functionally or dysfunctionally. I think black people in the usa who are not comfortable with the strategy that most black women are comfortable with need to create or find strategies they are comfortable with. 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:47 PM, richardmurray said:

It  is still the same cold war proxy stuff. Ukraine may become the next germany. 

The next Germany? What a thought! I guess if NATO keeps supporting that Nazi aspect, who knows.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:47 PM, richardmurray said:

Alot of people in the usa talk about genealogy, but while genetic tracing can be informative, nothing beats messages from the past that have emotional content. 

Yes, absolutely. And, to add to genetic tracing, it helps too when we can get our hands on other valid documents. I have collected the Death and birth certificates so some of my ancestors and this helps to confirm. I was so shocked when I had gotten the Death Certificate of my Great grandmother's husband, My great grandfather, a man from India. And this makes me laugh because I can see the genetics of India in my own family as well. His story is amazing as it also ties into a lot of African history too. 

On 5/24/2022 at 7:37 AM, ProfD said:

Guilty as charged. I'm registered as an Independent.

LOL

You've been bullied!

Thanks for my human rights, I love that I can come to this Black community because if it wasn't for Black men like @Troy I'd been killed a long time ago by my own Black people for not voting for a foreign man to be my 'president'. I will never vote for White Supremacy. I don't care how much I'm bullied. LOL. 

I have endured being bullied by Black women, and White men who pretend to be Black but usually, Black men don't care too much to bully me. 

Like you, again, I've stated that I have registered to vote and go in the booth, but I completely stopped voting for foreign supreme 'presidents' and I write in my choice. 

No, my ancestors did not die fighting for the vote that passed on July 4, 1776, rather some of them were in chattel slavery at the time and,

some of them were being massacred or forced onto reservations. I don't have a problem with the Separation of Church and State, and I 

am grateful for the Protestant Movement.