The Black community in the USA need an alternative to Black officials from the Party of Andrew Jackson or Abraham Lincoln

22 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Black women registered voters typically back Democratic candidates

I will always support the plight of Black women in our betterment, and I do still feel connected to the ideals of the Democratic agenda because that seems to be where Black people have the greatest fight. 

13 hours ago, richardmurray said:

never forget the black people back then who opposed that. Not all black people supported that strategy.

Thank you.

• Like 1

@Chevdove It is all about doing military things from the safety of your living room. The cold war showed powerful countries they can safely fight through little countries. which is very profitable in a financial sense for both

glad you found that history. What region of india did he come from? I know some people in india and the larger so called indian subcontinent. 

and yes, many black people utilize false narratives to support their path being viewed as dominant. that is one of my large dislikes of frederidk douglass. I don't mind that he wanted a positive integration between all phenotypes/all races in the usa, but I mind that he underminded other strategies to favor his own. He rejected back to africa, he rejected haiti, he rejected leaving the usa to canada for that matter. he was so vehemently opposed to other ideas and the culture of that exists today when black people talk about all of our forebears as if they only followed one idea. 

Data is the currency of the U.S., and it's available. Those who turn that data into information create revenue streams.  

So, of course, @richardmurray I know how many Black women are eligible to vote and the number of those registered. I also know how many Black women registered voters cast ballots in past elections.

There are quite a few "apathetic" but eligible Black women and men voters who, as you say, are "uncomfortable" with the current system. Yet, if they chose to use their discomfort to get involved and consistently vote in every election, they would disrupt the entire U.S. Political system. 

That's the only way this government has ever changed. 27 times so far. Heck, Black men gained the right to vote in 1870 during the Reconstruction period, and two served as U.S. Senators. But back to the present. 

As I mentioned, data is available. And it's accessible to all, including those who choose to overturn democracy or maintain its status quo. These would-be revolutionaries, commonly known as insurrectionists, see the number of "apathetic and uncomfortable" citizens and count on them to aid in their mission.  

Black women voters, who gained the right to vote only 102 years ago in 1920, are merely trying to maintain a semblance of democracy. We don't have time to sit back and be "uncomfortable" "thinkin' of a master plan" to launch someday. 

We're too busy trying to keep what little rights we have left under this current system and remain free.

Edited by Mel Hopkins
add video

This topic is a non-starter, period. Black people can no longer vote freely in this country and creating an all-Black political is foolhardy.

Not only would the financial cost of creating new political party from scratch be prohibitive, its leaders would be harassed and threatened and many venues would soon be off-limits to any nascent group. 

I will no longer be part of a fantasy of a Black Party of Governance. Which means a Black political party that is actually governing. 

You'll find many in Black Africa. 

• Thanks 1

@Stefan  This topic reflects the challenges in the black populace in the usa. It had adherents in the past in the black populace in the usa, has adherents  now in the black populace in the usa. 

The most financially potent black individuals in the usa have never supported an agenda like this, but that doesn't mean it isn't wanted by black people in the usa or needed by black people in the usa.

I end with , I am certain a black party of governance will occur in the usa. I am also certain it will be opposed by quite a large number of black people. but, if you the history of black people in the usa, that makes sense. so, when you hear of a black party of governance in the usa, just remember I told you it will happen, and if you want to do something positive, don't get involved in it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 2:36 PM, richardmurray said:

glad you found that history. What region of india did he come from? I know some people in india and the larger so called indian subcontinent. 

@richardmurrayOur family oral history about him was that he was from that part of India that is now Pakistan, however, due to my sons DNA test results, he found out more information. My son informed me that my Great grandfather's genetics placed his origins somewhere in the Northwestern part of India. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:36 PM, richardmurray said:

that is one of my large dislikes of frederidk douglass.

Very interesting. I did not know this; however, I did find him to be as you have said in that he under-minded other strategies to favor his own. 

@Chevdove comprehend that the area sometimes called the indian subcontinent < bangladesh/sri lanka/india/pakistan/kashmir/tibet/ near spaces>has long been a place of miscegenation, as part of the trade routes as a place where various peoples from all directions have lived through there. It makes sense that genetic markers may take your ancestry to another region in that zone. Many peoples in that region relocated in part or whole in the last few centuries. 

yes, and that is my biggest gripe with frederick douglass. I don't mind his belief in the usa legal code as the source of something that all human beings can be a part of. But to knock other black peoples beliefs to reinforce his own is something that the black community in the usa hasn't stopped doing since he started that.