WOW! Cherokee Indians kicking out ALL Slave Desendants

So now the African lady is not so crazy.

Let's discuss this article about the 2nd largest Indian Tribe in America

(the Cherokee) officially kicking out the "black" slave descendants.

http://news.yahoo.com/second-largest-u-indian-tribe-expels-slave-descendants-011650136.html

One of these centuries....dumb ass blacks are going to listen to their real

mother!!

• Like 1

Cherokee Indians and all the other native American tribes can do all the kickin out that they want to, but that doesn't change DNA. Slave descendants with Indian blood in them can still claim this heritage by relating to the particular ancestor who they got it from. Who needs to belong to a tribe when, like me, you had an Indian grandmother who would never have disowned my father.

We are who we are. Nobody can change that. Moreover, I don't think black people revere Native Americans any more than they revere white folks. We've reached the place where we know better than to depend on the acceptance of other races.

• Like 1

not surprised by this at all...most of them are not even real indians anymore...majority of so-called natives on those reservations are 3/4ths white or more. the indian grandparent or great grandparent is tucked away somewhere in the distant past

• Like 1

not surprised by this at all...most of them are not even real indians anymore...majority of so-called natives on those reservations are 3/4ths white or more. the indian grandparent or great grandparent is tucked away somewhere in the distant past

I agree with this. I have met a number of women who claimed they were American Indian. But they looked as white (blue eyes, sandy colored hair and all) as your everyday generic white American. I worked with a young woman many years ago, and one day, I asked her a question about Spanish or something about Mexicans (I can't recall) and she said, “I'm not Mexican, I'm Indian..." Because of the long black straight hair, brown complexion and dark eyes, I assumed she was Hispanic. But then I looked in her face very carefully and....well....it was there. She was 100% Native American Indian and you could clearly see it. She was From New Mexico. For some reason or another, I didn't notice it at first.

Another time I was in Canada and I met a Native Indian woman and her sister. She took me to her reservation to meet her family (it was about almost a two hour drive one way on some treacherous mountains). I met her family on this incredible but isolated reservation. She and her family were the type of North American Indians who still physically maintained Asiatic facial features.

When I was in the military, I met an Indian from Alaska. You could see he was also physically 100% Indian. He too, had the Asiatic features. But like this talk you hear about alcohol and Indians, well…folks, it’s true. The Indian I met in the military and the two sisters in Canada (when I met their brother on the reservation, he was toasted), had serious drinking issues. All admitted it and said it was related to being Indian (their admission and words –not mine). When I was in their presence, they would drink alcohol until they would physically collapse. In fact, the guy in the military was discharged for that very reason. He had been drunk too many times on duty. I thought all that talk about Indians and alcohol was a myth. Well, it’s not a totally untrue. But regardless, they were 100% Indian (unlike these fraudulent whites claiming to be Native Americans).

But the poster is right, Many of these people who claim they are Indian have been so diluted (and I don't mean that in a negative sense), there is nothing physically recognizable about them having Native American blood. Yet they boastfully claim they are. Go figure........

I have met a number of women who claimed they were American Indian. But they looked as white (blue eyes, sandy colored hair and all) as your everyday generic white American.

How do you all think Africans feel when they meet Very Mixed negroes talking about they're "Black People"??

SAME EXACT THING.

Yall are headed for extinction just like the American Indians. White-looking will someday represent you too.

I find it disgusting and disgraceful.

Slave descendants who identify themselves as black people, are of the opinion that blackness is a state of mind, not a color of skin, something they can claim because nobody actually has black skin.

We are no more headed for extinction than white people are. And if Africans are so interested in disclaiming African Americans why are they becoming so "westernized", themselves???

As has been shown by the weather, you can't completely control nature. If the races mix and the outcome results in a new racial stock, then that could be a sign of progress if this new breed represents that best of all races. Who is to say this is not a natural evolution? Change is bound to occur in the scheme of things? Otherwise we would still be Neanderthals. :blink:

#1---Africans were NEVER Neanderthals. That's your WHITE fucking side.

#2--The idea that Black Human Identity is simply a "state of mind" (a western idea) is one of the most

blatantly RACIST concepts ever conceived...and the reason that concept goes un-questioned by Slave

Descendants is:

(a) You were forced to accept & live under the 1 drop rule for 400 years and (.."B") You were taught to

severely hate your blackness and your ancestors in that time and therefore do not mind being erased

and becoming something that doesn't threaten the tastes of your owner/oppressor.

#3--Looking like Whites and Latinos while expressing a Hateful Erasure of Black Human Beings is not

"Change"....it's imitation and internalized RACISM.

Again...it's disgusting and disgraceful...and would be better if this "Change" brought about a new race

rather than the INSULT of claiming to be the very people you hate so much in Africa.

• Like 1

We are no more headed for extinction than white people are. And if Africans are so interested in disclaiming African Americans why are they becoming so "westernized", themselves???

Good point. Negroes are no more in danger of extinction than any other race. Yes, there may be an increase of mixtures of various ethnicities and races –so what? This so-called mixing is not restricted to just black people. All groups experience this. And the bottom line is this -they are still human beings regardless of what their ethnic or racial mixture is. That is not to say certain races, ethnicities and skin complexions do not ensure privilege in certain societies and cultures. We all know that. But it still does not exempt one from being a decent human being.

A black person in America can become a judge, project manager, software engineer, federal marshal, UPS truck driver, military officer, lawyer, accountant, professional writer, nurse, policeman, artist, pilot or a taxi driver if that is their ambition and desire. The complexion of their skin will not prevent them from achieving any of the aforementioned. What they are mixed with is meaningless. The whole notion of race is unscientific. End of subject….

As far Africans being offended by the genetics of black Americans –who gives a fuck? They are last group on the planet to be strutting around spewing some kind of racial superiority and arrogance. Until they do something about their hands stuck out for international welfare (financial, medical and technological), they need to not say anything. What do they have to offer? With pandemic unstable governments, never ending civil wars that are accompanied by mass raping of women, ethnic genocide, political oppression, ruthless and brutal dictators, tribal strife, unstable economies, lack of technology and development, they are not in the position to criticize nor look down at anyone…..PERIOD!

• Like 2

I had been following this closely. I just released a novel based on the black/Creek Indian Rufus Buck, who formed a teenaged gang in 1895 to reclaim Indian lands and went on a 13 day rampage to accomplish his goal. Research showed a fascinating period in black history, little known and rarely discussed. The relationships between blacks and Indians varied from tribe to tribe, but to attempt to deny it is grotesque.

I Dreamt I Was in Heaven - The Rampage of the Rufus Buck Gang

http://www.buckrampage.com

• Like 1

Hello Leonce,

Great name, and your book seems to be quite intriguing. That opening clip was also well done. It held my interest and forced me to turn to the next page.

Now Troy will have to help me out, but I believe the last time we were visited by an author of western/the civil war/and books of this nature, was the author of Where I’m Bound, Allen B. Ballard. Thumper was the host of what was then called chat night - Thursday nights - at AALBC. Mr. Ballard came by that night and I was lucky enough to get an autographed book from him.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and I will order your book.

.I was saddened by this story when I first read it. I understand the history, I understand the need to belong - but native Africans need to come home.

Do you know how happy I was to learn that my maternal lineage began in Ethiopia- For years my mother told me we were blackfoot indians - and I searched and searched - and yes I did find my great great grandfather on the maternal side was from some tribe in West Virginia...but I rejoiced to learn that we were the original women ( haplogroup L3 - no markers) from Africa...It is time for Africans to reclaim our legacy...