Black America might want to put race to the side, stop watching the ball games and instead, pay attention to the deadly asteroid that's coming.

I wonder where Nels got the warning a giant asteroid was going to strike Earth?

He must have gotten an email from General Melvin Meteor, Commander of the Asteroid Army.

Well, we're on the lookout for the giant Nels-sponsored asteroid. 

In the meantime, you might wanna buy one my bright yellow, hard hat helmets with the revolving red lights for $79.99. They'll make great post-Apocalyptic gifts for the special one in your life.

That is if General Melvin Meteor spares them. 

• Haha 1

@ProfD

In the event a catastrophe like this occurs, the helping and loving each other will last maybe a month. If that.

After the 9-11 attacks and the Twin Towers collapsed, nearly everybody in New York City was overly solicitous to another for a few weeks. If you had been here, you might never have expected this.

But it did happen. People ate their egos, checked their normal anger at having someone block them or brush up against them or stepped ahead of them in a line. It was an amazing time.

And then .... BLINK! It was gone. Just like that. The kind and thoughtful and patient folks one got on the bus and subways with, crossed paths in the streets were replaced by surly, grousing and always ready-to-fight New Yorkers once again.

In the event of really bad natural disaster, greedy individuals will hoard, those with goods will price gouge and those bent on evil will use their guns and other weapons to terrorize murder, rape and abuse. 

It may not take long for this to happen.

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

@ProfD

In the event a catastrophe like this occurs, the helping and loving each other will last maybe a month. If that.

After the 9-11 attacks and the Twin Towers collapsed, nearly everybody in New York City was overly solicitous to another for a few weeks. 

But it did happen. People ate their egos, checked their normal anger...

And then .... BLINK! It was gone. Just like that. 

In the event of really bad natural disaster, greedy individuals will hoard, those with goods will price gouge and those bent on evil will use their guns and other weapons to terrorize murder, rape and abuse. 

It may not take long for this to happen.

Yep. I know exactly what you mean. It usually happens between Thanksgiving and New Years around here.

Folks are really nice to each other as long as they're not fighting over a cheap TV on Black Friday. 

Once January 2nd comes...people revert back to themselves. Azzholes.

Yeah...I'm thinking catastrophe of epic proportion with no room for selfishness.  Probably won't happen in my lifetime. 😎

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, Stefan said:

The asteroid is supposed to pass close to Earth.

The world is full of fools and dead bodies, too. Laugh now, suffer later. Guaranteed.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:49 AM, ProfD said:

A deadly asteroid strike could be a wake up call to humans. Bring it.

The asteroid reference was not regarding a real asteroid, which is still a possibility.  The reference was actually about the political asteroid that is headed straight toward the United States. But then again, some people here on AALBC don't have the intellectual acuity to understand that. Everyone here who responded and mocked the asteroid analogy apparently has a serious deficit of rational thinking that very likely may not be curable.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, Stefan said:

But then, so many meteors and other asteroids do.

Some might say that this is the response of a moron. The jury won't be out for much longer.

Nels,

Try and stifle your goofiness. WTF is wrong with you? 

Have you been paying attention? The world's weather is out of whack. Wild fires are burning everywhere. Russia's invasion of Ukraine is worsening World Hunger. And now you claim the asteroid impact you've been wide-eyed about is now just a figure of speech?

Leave the comedy to professional comedians. 

1. Black America will "put racism aside" when the White folks COMMITTING THEIR RACISM put it to the side first.
Telling Black folks to put racism to the side and focus their attention on something else is like telling a rape victim to stop worrying about the crimes the rapist is committing against her and focus on global warming.

2. I HOPE a deadly asteroid strikes the planet.
I HOPE it's powerful enough to destroy this civilization.
Maybe this event will be the event that will change the paradigm and get the wicked rulers out of power since so many other attempts have failed so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As long as you and I and all the others who like us can sit in our Starship and crunch Caramel Popcorn as we watch our favorite movies.

( I am only kidding ) .

I stopped eating Caramel Popcorn long ago. But I still watch movies. 

But Pioneer1, you hit upon a question that has long vexed me. Why were we humans created if God means to kill so many of us at a future point in time? 

You have always created and opted for the most philosophical thoughts in threads. 

Stefan

I stopped eating caramel popcorn ONLY because I forgot about it..lol...until you reminded me.

Now I'm gonna run to the store tomorrow and get some.

I used to TEAR UP a box of Crunch-n-Munch.
I hope they still make it.

But Pioneer1, you hit upon a question that has long vexed me. Why were we humans created if God means to kill so many of us at a future point in time? 

1. I wouldn't phrase it as God "killing" humans (not most humans atleast); perhaps ALLOWING humans to die would be a better way of looking at it.

2. Physical death among human beings is only a transition from one Reality to Another

Life in this world is usually good, however death is usually a GOOD thing also because as your body begins to wear out and break down or you get problems so terrible you can't tolerate them anymore....you can look forward to an "exit" plan instead of being stuck here.

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Maybe if it included a weekend getaway with Halle Berry ...

I still don't *get* what folks find so attractive about her.

Then again, I'm from the original chocolate city where beautiful sistas would put Ms. Berry to shame.😁😎

On 5/30/2022 at 6:37 PM, Pioneer1 said:

1. I wouldn't phrase it as God "killing" humans (not most humans atleast); perhaps ALLOWING humans to die would be a better way of looking at it.

@Pioneer1 You're still standing!

Yes, when you said "ALLOWING humans to die..." 

I agree. 

Sometimes, we blame issues on God, when it is circumstantial. Sometimes human behavior leads to events whether good or bad and it is allowed. 

@Pioneer1

There is beauty in all women. Any ugliness comes from inside. The real issue is that our brains have been trained to recognize, accept and glorify western beauty standards, thin lips, lighter skin, straight hair. It takes time as a shooter to get away from that. 

I am talking about the Photography Profession, not anyone's personal likes and dislikes. 

To illustrate what I'm talking about, just peruse the images from this Website and count the ones that closely resemble the facial structure, big hair and make-up of western models.

https://answersafrica.com/10-african-countries-with-the-most-beautiful-women-even-though-kenya-is-on-the-list-no-9-will-shock-you.html

Photography was always a hobby for me, just as model railroading is.

But I got so good wielding a camera, people began paying me to shoot weddings, baby showers and children's parties. I learned my craft during the age of film when one had to know their chit, meaning aperture, film speed and ISO and the focal point of lenses. You learned with every shoot, from more experienced shooters until your talent level rose that you posed a threat to others' income streams. 

Then instead of new clients, you gained detractors and the envious. Just as in real life. You deal with it, just as I do with the jealous knuckleheads who always became furious over my writing and management ability. 

You either knew your stuff, or people wouldn't call you.

Anyone can label another human a Beauty. It depends upon their personal preferences. 

I ended up turning down more work than I accepted because I had a full time job in Journalism, which often mandated travel. When I became an editor and later began teaching, I hardly did any photography unless it was charity related. 

I shoot the occasional pretty model, but that's my choice. 

On 5/31/2022 at 5:42 PM, Delano said:

One person's heaven is another person's Hell.

I notice you capitalized "hell" but left "heaven" lower cased.

@Chevdove

You're still standing!

But ofcourse...lol

Sometimes, we blame issues on God, when it is circumstantial. Sometimes human behavior leads to events whether good or bad and it is allowed. 

Facts.
This is why I don't like it when they say tornados, floods, and Earthquakes that kill massive numbers of people is an "act of God".

They don't know WHO is behind these disasters.

@Stefan

Are you sure your last post wasn't directed at Prof D instead of me?