Abbott Nutrition: stockholders came first, the heck with newborn babies

Abbott Nutrition decided that spending the money to clean equipment at its shuttered baby formula plant in Sturgis, Mich., was not as important as enriching its shareholders.

In fact, FDA officials were given warnings about food safety violations at the plant in October 2021, according to a 34-page document reviewed by staff at Politico. The document, which detailed lax cleaning practices at the plant, was sent along to the FDA officials. Two infants died after Abbott officials deliberately falsified records about the dirty plant equipment, a whistleblower said.

This is why the Sturgis plant was ordered to shut down creating a terrible shortage of baby formula. As new mothers screamed in anger and impotence, Republicans claimed President Joe Biden was secretly hiding baby formula for use by immigrants. They even had the nerve to claim photos taken at an immigrant detention center proved it. But the boxes in the photos turned out to be powdered milk.

Unadulterated avarice and lying led to this situation.

The first link proves what I said about Abbott enriching shareholders at the expense and risk of infants' health.

And the second and third links are about the noxious goings-on at the Abbott plant.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/may/20/abbott-baby-formula-shareholder-profits

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/28/whistleblower-fda-baby-formula-00028569

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/what-happened-with-abbott-baby-formula-that-worsened-us-shortage-2022-05-16/

• Thanks 1

Baby formula is the latest ruse being used to keep folks dazed and confused. 

Pandemic, supply chain shortages, immigration, conflict, inflation, abortion, monkeypox, etc.

Red herrings are falling from the sky.   There is a mid-term election in November.  Keep that 3rd eye open. 😎

• Like 2

It is unreal how many fall for the distractions.

Go ahead, let's have your opinions on Will Smith and Chris Rock? Okay, what about Dave Chappelle?

NFT's and the dizzying array of opinions on Cryptocurrency?

How Donald Trump is the greatest of the greats, according to those who've deluded themselves that they're going to be invited to clean his kitchen.

All women need to keep silent and only listen to men. Yeah, which ones? Discuss.

Does your friend have to a right to get angry if you lift their mobile phone they temporarily misplaced? And give it to your friend. Who gives it to their friend. Who tries to sell it back to the original owner even though it has a cracked screen?

• Like 1

Delano,

Your position is that of those who support unfettered and unrestricted Capitalism. 

Here is the truth: Companies and corporations have a DUTY to make sure the products and services that they offer to the buying public are SAFE and not deadly or carry the risk of hospitalization.

The infant and baby formula-making industry in no way should have to add a warning that tells its customers: "Let The Buyer Beware."

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Your position is that of those who support unfettered and unrestricted Capitalism. 

4 hours ago, Delano said:

The history and etymology of the corporation is illuminating.

Before trying to make a point try and understand what is being said. If you still don't get it ask someone else for help.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

You believe you do. I know you don't

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

It's you who has the explaining to do.

4 hours ago, Delano said:

you still don't get it, ask someone else for help.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I know EXACTLY what I am talking about. You believe shareholders come before the safety and well being of infant children and babies and their mothers.

Initially you are reluctant to follow orders, but eventually you do.

Do you know how to spot an insecure, uninformed individual who cannot defend their position?

It's when they resort to childish put downs and respond with one sentence after one sentence.

Because they are unable to formulate a well thought out, written response that's at least one paragraph long.

Your belief that shareholders' right to compensation comes before the well-being of infants, babies and their mothers is heartless, illogical and morally untenable. 

I have no time to deal with maladjusted folks. I just leave them to be wrong. The real discussion of the baby formula mess will be left to TV talk show pundits and the legal and nutritional experts who appear on their shows.

In the meantime, attorneys will take over. And they will not offer uninformed babyish responses. 

https://classactionsreporter.com/abbott-nutrition-formula-contaminated-at-manufacturing-facility-class-action/

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

Dude, grow up. 

I tire of running into so much immaturity from supposed educated Black men

Don't get familiar, you don't know me.

Also as a journalist you should proof your work. Let me know when you feel like you are ready for more lessons.

I don't want to overload your apparently fragile self of superiority with some uncomfortable truths.

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

Dude, grow up. 

I tire of running into so much immaturity from supposed educated Black men

Don't get familiar, you don't know me.

Also as a journalist you should proof your work. Let me know when you feel like you are ready for more lessons.

I don't want to overload your apparently fragile sense of

superiority with some uncomfortable truths.

You can always tell when someone runs out of words to prove their foolishness when they resort to insults. Because that's all they've got.

Such is the case with me taking issue with Abbott Laboratories, which owns Abbott Nutrition, putting shareholders FIRST instead of newborns and infant children. It's quite easy to find evidence of your talking points when they exist.

Not so easy to fight back when truth, fairness and morality are against you. How's THAT for some uncomfortable truths?

Again, the idea of Journalism is to provide the Truth and Expose Lies and Corruption.  

Senate Finance Committee chairman launches probe of Abbott Labs enrichment of stockholders

Dude, I proved my point!

Your position that Abbott shareholders should come before newborns, infants and toddler children is morally reprehensible.

And this pending Senate probe of the company's stock buyback proves it. 

Growl all you want. Your position is silly.

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Can't stand being shown up to be a dang fool, can you?

Nels is not a writer. I am. 

I accept your surrender. 

Have you ever considered that you might be wrong. Or I might know a bit more  than you, or that you don't know that much about business?

On 6/2/2022 at 1:02 AM, Stefan said:

Nels is not a writer. I am.

You jump to a lot of conclusions that aren't right. That's not the point I was making.  You both have an unjustifiably high opinion of yours knowledge in comparison to other people. And you both resort to insulting people when having a discussion. So I agree with your point about a person have a defect when they resort to insults. Which you did initially with me. So when you apologise for the insult and being wrong about my position, we can have a dialogue. Until that point I will leave you in your mirrored funhouse echo chamber. Unlike Narcissus you are in love with the sound of your own voice. Did you like the metaphor or is it an analogy? Our dialogue is now a monologue, actually it was never a proper communication, and it is no longer worth making an effort. Feel free to continue or desist.

Delano,

If you knew about corporate business practices, then you would have used the correct financial industry terminology.

"Fiduciary responsibility."

You are immature and cannot stand being opposed by someone who will oppose immoral indulgences.

Abbott Nutrition's Sturgis, Mich., formula plant has reopened, but it's only producing specialized baby formula. Which does not help most mothers of newborns and infants or their children.

Delano, I meant to type immoral indulgences because I am a writer and knew exactly what the phrase means.

But I can see why my ability to write well bothers you so much.

Jealous 4.jpg

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

But I can see why my ability to write well bothers you so much.

No your impenetrable ignorance is what bothers me. However neither your nor I care enough to change that situation.

Perhaps someone else that actually works in business can explain my original comment. Since you seem to be stuck in neutral. Although you are positive that you are right.

On 5/25/2022 at 5:48 AM, Delano said:

Companies have a mandate to enrich their shareholders, not the communities in which they exist. 

The history and etymology of the corporation is illuminating

@Stefan before becoming indignant and and saying I both lack knowledge and morality, you may want to crack a dictionary to make certain you understand what I am saying.

In addition the word you want to use is ethics not morality. Notice  that most professions have a code of ethics, not a code of morality.

While I don't promote myself as anything other than a psychic and a thinker. You are among the minority in lacking that information.

Corporate finance teaches that the goal of the shareholders, and in fact the goal of the entire firm, is maximization of shareholder wealth.

By the way you're a condescending a$$hole, while not being the sharpest person in the forum. You and @nels are in competition for being the best at being the worst. Perhaps at some point in your life you will either become more courteous or less ignorant.

Definition of asshole

1 usually vulgar : ANUS

2 usually vulgar : a stupid, annoying, or detestable person.

stupid (Entry 1 of 2)

1a: slow of mind : OBTUSE

b: given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner

😄 lacking intelligence or reason : BRUTISH

2: dulled in feeling or sensation : TORPID

still stupid from the sedative

3: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : SENSELESS

@Stefanyou are finally checking a lot of boxes.

I thought reporters fact checked their work. You are in sore need of an editor.

That's not the first time you've heard that, is it?