Who's To Blame For The Buffalo Massacre????

What's up family!

I know it's been a while since I've been here and I miss "most" of you....lol.
I'm here now though!

I'm gonna spend Memorial Day weekend with one of my favorite online families.

Who do you blame for the massacre of those elderly and female Black folks up in Buffalo New York a couple weeks ago?

I blame OTHER Black folks primarily, and there's a reason for that that I'll get into later on in the discussion, but as of now I'm curious as to what others of you think.

• Like 1

Whaddup bro. Glad you've decided to check on the fam. It's gotten thin around here. 

Of course, as I'm a believer in the system of racism, IMO, ALL violence perpetrated against black folks who are prisoners of war and therefore have no real power, falls squarely on the shoulders of white supremacists. 

Until black folks replace white supremacy with a system of justice, we're sitting ducks for whenever white folks want to kill us with no repercussions and relative impunity. 

I can imagine *how* you could suggest other black folks are to blame for the Buffalo shooting situation. Looking forward to reading your thoughts in that regard. 😎

ProfD

My brutha!

Glad to be back too.
It looks like there's still quite a bit of traffic on this board, but perhaps I'm looking at it from a perspective of having been gone from it for several months.

I can imagine *how* you could suggest other black folks are to blame for the Buffalo shooting situation. Looking forward to reading your thoughts in that regard.

Oh you'll get 'em....trust me, lol.

You might not AGREE with all of them, but you'll get my reasons why I say it's primarily OUR fault that this mess happened and probably will happen again.

Delano

You can have a habit that could cause you to steal from your mother. However unless she's severely abusive. There's no justification in shooting her

🤔   Not sure how that ties into the subject of the thread but....

You say there's no justification for shooting her.
What if she's suffering horribly from an incurable disease that either doesn't kill her or will takes many months if not years to kill her?

When a person is feeling negative, from a bad mood to hate, the reasons why are not a straight line. It depends on many things. And, the choices said person  has to emit their negativity are near infinite, with many versions involving harming others, from slightest injury to murder. 

But, I know that any of my enslaved forebears didn't need a weapon to want to kill white people. And I know that the weapon of choice from the anarchist or the Irish republican army wasn't a gun but an explosive, which can be made by anyone in the usa. 

So, I will not go into any detail on my thoughts to who is to blame. But I know that whatever plus whomever is to blame will not lead to the answer of the following question. 

How does a populace of mostly unhappy people , from the native american since before the usa was founded to the most recent immigrants under a bridge, survive peacefully? 

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

How does a populace of mostly unhappy people , from the native american since before the usa was founded to the most recent immigrants under a bridge, survive peacefully? 

Yes, some people are saying that we need to take up arms and then some say that even if we do, we will be outnumbered. So, I wish I knew the answer. 

10 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Yes, some people are saying that we need to take up arms and then some say that even if we do, we will be outnumbered. So, I wish I knew the answer. 

I'm not advocating that we take up arms and start a race war.  We're out-numbered in that regard. 

My position is that we should be armed and ready for anything that might happen.😎

@Chevdove my point isn't to state what the black populace in the usa needs to do as a group. first and foremost cause the black populace in the usa is a group of individuals, not a functional community. From a communal view, the black populace in the usa at best has a set of subcommunities in it. 

My issue is the problems of the usa are grand plus many and have been that way for a very long time. It has been the accumulation of fiscal weatlh that stayed explosions. ala the 1960s was a better time for black labor than usually advertised. but, The populace under this government has always been mostly unhappy and now the uunhappiness may require more than the small simple gestures that worked enough in the past. 

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=1929&type=status

Well, as some of you may have guessed already:  I BLAME BLACK FOLKS primarily for that Massacre up there!

Ofcourse that Satanic White boy is the one who actually committed the act.
But he was EMBOLDED to do so because of the lack of reaction or retaliation from Black folks for the other mass murders like the one in Charleston South Carolina by Dylan Roof.
Or even Trayvon Martin.

Black folks got all kinds of smoke and heat for eachother when it comes to these devils, they start making all kinds of excuses and talking about what "Jesus" is gonna do to them.
When another Black person does them wrong they don't wait on "Jesus" to fix it.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

But he was EMBOLDED to do so because of the lack of reaction or retaliation from Black folks for the other mass murders...

Black folks got all kinds of smoke and heat for eachother...

Yeah mayne, I think you may recall my position in this regard from an older thread.

I've always felt that black folks should have *dealt* with white folks who murder our own a long time ago.

None of these mass murders would be happening now if white folks truly *feared* us.😎

@Pioneer1 Yes, the black populace in the usa has an element of blame, 100% correct. 

But the problem is, the kind of collective action you are referring to is not in the black populace of the usa. 

Look at this website. Most black people in the usa online are not members of a black owned website. Said people can't even organize together online, with no threat or harm whatsoever, so... offline.  

I do comprehend your point. but I think it leads to a larger problem. The black populace in the usa is a collection of individuals for the most part in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I do comprehend your point. but I think it leads to a larger problem. The black populace in the usa is a collection of individuals for the most part in 2022.

IMO, the most monolithic AfroAmericans has ever been is during 1) slavery and 2) civil rights movement. 

Even during those times, black folks were fragmented in their ideologies.

ADOS were taught and thought differently from black folks who were born and raised *free*.

Black immigrants allowed into America and white countries in general show up fully prepared to function like *guests* and take advantage of opportunities given to them.

So, there's this mix of black folks in America with very different experiences and perspectives.

However, the racists figured out a long time ago how to keep ALL non-white folks confused. 

Every time a black leader rose up who could potentially shepherd a large number of black folks into a collective, that leader was assassinated or discredited.  History proves it. 

Again, since the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968, AfroAmericans have not had a voice of leadership. 

For over a half century and counting, black folks in America have been a bunch of individuals trying to maintain in the system of racism. 

Not a day goes by that I don't think about what *I* can do to unite black folks and protect us from them. "I'm still learning".😎

• Thanks 1

@ProfD is it fragmented or variance? 

I think more than any other phenotypical group. The black populace in the usa has greater disagreement or  variance on the relationship of black people to the usa. Remember, most free blacks chose to fight with the british during the secession. I can't think of any other group barring native americans who are unique: whites, latinos any phenotype, asians any phenotype, women any phenotype, who had a moment in usa history where a majority of their free peoples were anti usa. And we all know, enslaved black people if freed would had joined the free blacks who sided with the british. 

Do you want to be in the usa, and how do you want to be? Television shows Black leaders or wealthy and they all champions pro integrated usa. but is that the truth? I doubt it. 

And that is why I oppose your position to black leadership being absent. I think black leadership is present in the usa, but most black leaders in the usa publicly support an individual agenda in the black community. Do I concur to that agenda? no. Do most black people? I can't be exactly sure, but I say no.  but ... that is what most Black leaders in the usa in 2022 utter. 

@richardmurray, white supremacists  and their race soldiers do not separate black folks by phenotype.  The buffalo shooter only gave a pass to white folks. 

Otherwise, all black folks are subjected to the same forces within the system of racism.  None are exempt based on phenotype, status, money, privilege, etc.

Self-preservation within the system of racism has always forced black folks to side with the lesser evil.  Fight for the US or Great Britain.  Two sides of the same coin.  Therein lies the reason for fragmentation or variance. 

Regardless of where someone resides on the planet, they should be *free* from any form of oppression.  There should no system of racism.

My definition of a black *leader* would not be someone who has an *individual* agenda in the black *community*.  Reads more like opportunists.   There is no shortage of them.  Look no further than AfroAmerican churches and politicians.  

That's also why I don't believe black entertainers and athletes are role models and leaders in the black community.  Many of them have made money. But, none of them has successfully used their platform to galvanize black folks into a collective capable of overcoming the system of racism. 

It is not that these *successful* black individuals cannot bring black folks together.  The two biggest problems are 1) no knowledge of self (history) and 2) they do not understand the system of racism.

The further removed people are from their own history (knowledge of self) and the more they are absorbed into the fabric of a racist system, they go beyond fragmentation and variance into becoming  more diluted i.e. individuals. 

The system of racism thrives because white folks *know* their history and everyone else's and they do everything it takes to maintain their power over the entire planet.😎

• Thanks 1

Racism remains forever the preoccupation of black Americans. As much as it has been a  bump in the road, it has also served to clear the way for black excuses . And, above all. has become  a security blanket, always there to villainize whites and assure blacks that were it not for racism, they could usurp white supremacy - and replace it with black supremacy!  Which is why  racism is as American as apple pie.  Whoever is in control, would naturally attribute this power to those holding it being  better than who could not wrest it away from them. Who's to dispute this? 

And so it goes.  Justice is an abstract ideal that is never guaranteed in this impersonal indifferent world. Nor do all problems have viable solutions; just theories and opinions and fantasies. And for those waitin' on Jesus, = forget it.  Bottom line: the strong survive. 

So the "what-black-folks-need to do" dialogue goes on and on and on ad infinitum... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

(Back to the Cynic's Corner, my permanent domain. Hi, Delano, I'm still star gazing. Troy, where are you - hugs to Joy Rose!)

• Like 2

@ProfD truth...

truth...

partial , before the secession in the french-british war <called french - indian usually> and after in the war of 1812  you can see the british were willing to use natives or blacks to counter whites in the usa. Which to be blunt, ProfD is strategically a different situation. The british are not good, they were an empire, all empires are based on power, not goodness. but, all empires are willing to make arrangement in their fringes, ala the roman empire which in germania created the seeds for the vandals later. The roman empire didn't love the vandals, but the vandals served a function.  To me , your making too light of the strategic need of the british empire to have a minority in its favor , in the same way the usa supports israel in the arab world. Israel is given constant support, this is not cause most whites in the usa, are in love with white jews, this is cause they serve a function. 

fair enough.. let goodness be where it is

fair enough... I think leaders have levels of quality

and same

I think desire is the most important factor. I have never believed anyone is as ignorant as they seem

Good point, I want to add, dispirited people are the farthest, beyond the mind is the heart. When the heart quits that is stronger than the mind's distance.

I think racism is human and thus as long as humans exists racism will, the question is how we humans manage it. It doesn't have to be managed to obsolescence or cruelty

@Cynique your right, add the native american. And beyond american, racism is as human as love or hate or selflessness, all are human. Nothing to dispute. Those who complain the most want something in their favor. Black people, native americans, women... have a lot of complaints. Nothing to dispute. The only thing is certain, is sooner or later, everybody gets their time at the top of the pyramid. The question is, will your group be at the top when you are alive:) 

Yeah, justice is abstract because most think justice is about a universal truth or a universal balance, but it itsn't. Justice is determined by that which is in power at the time. Those in power changes and everyone can't be in power at the same time. 

Yeah , it is boring isn't it. But as I have opined alot recently in this forum. If you are bored, try different things. The black populace in the usa has done nearly everything peacefully possible to live integrated with whites.  Very few things black people haven't done to make it better without violence. so... 

thank you for coming out your corner:) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

So the "what-black-folks-need to do" dialogue goes on and on and on ad infinitum... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

I'll start topics that have less to do with racism and what  black folks need to do.😁

Sista @Cynique, hopefully, you will show up more often than Halley's comet. I miss your cynicism, er, presence around here.😎

• Like 1

RichardMurray

We don't need all, most, or even half of Black folks to organize and protect our community.
When have we ever gotten all or even most Black folks onboard to do something?
Not even for the Civil Rights Movement.

Many Black folks were tucked away in barber shops talking trash about Martin Luther King and talking about how the White folks ain't never gonna let this or that happen.
Yet when those Civil Rights bills passed, they were the FIRST ones to try to buy houses in White neighborhoods and send their children to White schools.

I think black leadership is present in the usa, but most black leaders in the usa publicly support an individual agenda in the black community.

I agree, we do have Black leaders in the U.S.A.
The problem is, most Black leaders in the U.S.A. are ENTERTAINERS.

Historically speaking, too many of the most influencial people in the AfroAmerican community have been singers, actors, rappers, ect....many of whom were politically and socially ignorant.

Look at Kanye West.

Cynique

Whoever is in control, would naturally attribute this power to those holding it being  better than who could not wrest it away from them. Who's to dispute this? 

If those in power SINCERELY believed that they were superior or somehow better than those they ruled over...they wouldn't put up so many obstables in the way to keep them OUT of power.

I don't have to making up all kinds of laws to keep dogs out of power.
I don't have to design special mis-education technique to use in the media and classroom to keep dogs in a state of confusion so that they don't pose a threat to rule.

Because dogs are simply intellectually inferior.
You can just let nature take it's course and you'd naturally rule.

Not so with this system of racism that is constantly making rules and playing games to keep itself in a position of authority.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

If those in power SINCERELY believed that they were superior or somehow better than those they ruled over...they wouldn't put up so many obstables in the way to keep them OUT of power.

I don't have to making up all kinds of laws to keep dogs out of power.
I don't have to design special mis-education technique to use in the media and classroom to keep dogs in a state of confusion so that they don't pose a threat to rule.

Because dogs are simply intellectually inferior.
You can just let nature take it's course and you'd naturally rule.

Not so with this system of racism that is constantly making rules and playing games to keep itself in a position of authority.

Oh puleeze. How naive can you get?  "Sincerely" is a totally inappropriate word to use in a  discussion about the dynamics of racism.  It's not like  racism is some kind of gentleman's agreement wherein unwritten rules of civility and honesty apply. Ruthlessness is at the root of racism; "no holds barred" is its motto, playing dirty its modus operandi. Racism is maintained by any means necessary.

In the big picture, winners are superior when it comes to doing what it takes to maintain their power. Losers stand around complaining about  their opponents not playing  fair. 

I think the US is analogous to a sporting teams' farm systems. There are minor leagues but very few make it to the majors. However they do provide entertainment while the aspire to a greater audience and pay check. That farm system starts in school, and for some sports not education is the ticket out of their situation.

Cynique

You haven't heard from me in YEARS and when I come back, what do I get?

Not a "welcome back".

Not a "hello".

Not even a dry "how ya doin' "

I get an ARGUMENT from you.....lol.

Is that how you greet your family when you haven't seen them for a while????

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

You haven't heard from me in YEARS and when I come back, what do I get?

Not a "welcome back".

Not a "hello".

Not even a dry "how ya doin' "

I get an ARGUMENT from you.....lol.

Is that how you greet your family when you haven't seen them for a while????

What reality are you existing in? You have a short memory. You ain't been gone but a minute.  I argued with you as recently as last year. when  you  Mzuri and I were having a insult fest replete with visuals from you 2.   And what does how I would greet a long lost family member have to do with how I respond to you - who feared i would follow you to other discussion boards because for some reason you persist in believing i'm sweet on you. Go somewhere and sit down and have a moment of silence for all the dumb dogs you think humans are smarter than. 😵 

@Pioneer1

In my mind you posit a great question. The IRA was only a few hundred people. So from a historical point of view, I see your point. But in my mind, I wonder. The black community in the usa, like the native american , is in a very unique position. Not in terms of being abused as a minority but in the scale of abuse in the country in question. White jews have always been abused in europe but never to the scale. Even during the nazi era in germany, some white jews were given lenience or ease in a way never given to anyone black, or native american,  in similar moments in the usa. 

I ponder the question you posit. you didn't ask it, but it is in there. 

Your correct and thus maybe one of the problems. Again, when humans talk of a better tomorrow anywhere, they rarely ask about that which has not occurred. thus my point about a black party of governance. I don't know the future. but if we look at what hasn't happened, what hasn't occurred, maybe that can break the :) boring cycles. Maybe the black populace in the usa has allowed too much individualism in itself. Is the white populace in control in the usa? 100% . I am not suggesting that black people are in control. I am not suggesting anything is easy. but maybe that needs to happen internally in the black populace in the usa.  And I am not suggesting most black people in the usa today are onboard with anything like what I suggests as new things to do. But, maybe we go in circles in the usa cause we are doing the same things.

and your right, my parents were there and didn't shy away from telling me the truth as a child... I can even argue maybe too many black adults lie to black children about the past. again, another thing we don't do.  So many of our forebears didn't speak about the past? was that helpful? perhaps. I am not trying to suggest I have all the answers. but  I argue, black people maybe need to tell our children some hard truths early on. stop expecting them to learn them and instead tell them . Cause I am certain most black parents at least, in certain communities in nyc, are very negligent in speaking about our phenotypical history with whites. I am not talking about telling black children to do good, or to be wary of law enforcement. I mean to get to the nitty gritty of what community did what to make the system of things we live in today... 

I will like to add, black entertainers  in the usa have another issue. As entertainers they all to often live by salary to whites with money who govern the system. sequentially, black entertainers are simply not in a strong enough space in their individual lives to risk communicating to black betterment without concern to white backlash. I concur that many entertainers in their actions show a lack of knowledge to the black populace, or black culture or black history. But I want to add, most black entertainers live with a mask on. And make their individual profit in the least secure financial place, which is the arts. 

I concur to your point but we black people tend to forget, real estate/manufacturing/energy sector, these industries are not dominated by whites by accident. these industries are where real power resides and as our forebears were enslaved, and our leaders from the end of complete slavery to today haven't led us to make our own space in the usa, we have a long way to go to own/control the kind of resources where a black person can speak without reprimand by whites. We need more than entertainers to be the leaders but as a nonviolent peoples and in my opinion, black people in the usa are the most nonviolent behind the native american, entertainment is one of the few places where we can grow. IT will take alot of time for us to be in control of such industries to speak out in the usa. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delano said:

It's what made America Great.

Very few people seem to know or care avvut what that slogan "Make America Great Again" really means.

The thought of a pre-1950s America does not seem like the most idyllic place for ANY minorities.

No offense to those who grew up during the 1950s or prior and thought it was great.😁😎

20 hours ago, Delano said:
On 6/5/2022 at 12:51 AM, Cynique said:

Racism is maintained by any means necessary.

It's what made America Great.

@ Delano. America is, indeed, a "great" country. But it is not a "good" one as evidenced by its true history.

18 hours ago, ProfD said:

Very few people seem to know or care avvut what that slogan "Make America Great Again" really means.

The thought of a pre-1950s America does not seem like the most idyllic place for ANY minorities.

No offense to those who grew up during the 1950s or prior and thought it was great.😁

@ProfDI think by now that both black and white people have figured out that "Make America Great Again" is a code phrase for returning it to the days when uppity minorities and independent women stayed in their place as second-class citizens. 

Nor do I think there was ever any era in the history of this country when black folks thought life was "idyllic" except on fleeting occasions, probably during their innocent childhoods. That's my stance as a cynic.

America was supposed to be the original "brave new world", the mythical alabaster city on a hill where the down trodden from all over the globe immigrated  to pursue their dreams of a better life. It was a Republic which adopted the principles of a Democracy.  Its noble Constitution was crafted by white slave holders - who like the fork-tongued pale faces that they were, declared "all men were created equal". This revered document guaranteed free speech, the right to bear arms,  and assemble in public places.  It also emphasized the separation of Church and State. And centuries later all of this polluted swill backed up leaving this nation awash in a political swamp where alligators and snakes endanger and - skin color still matters. What was once an Empire in now on the brink of an implosion. Nice try.  Let's hear it for the good ol USA which, exercising its precious second amendment rights, gave it its best shot, and missed the mark. Maybe this hot mess will rise from its ashes, not via an eagle but like the phoenix of Native American lore.  Back to square one. 

Jesse says "keep hope alive". Obama extols the "audacity of hope".  Cynique sez: "yeah, right".       

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

What was once an Empire in now on the brink of an implosion. Nice try.  Let's hear it for the good ol USA which, exercising its precious second amendment rights, gave it its best shot, and missed the mark. Maybe this hot mess will rise from its ashes, not via an eagle but like the phoenix of Native American lore.  Back to square one. 

It definitely looks like America is on a collision course to implode under its largesse of racism, greed, ignorance,  stupidity, etc.

As I mentioned in the asteroid thread, maybe it will take a catastrophic event to force a reset of humanity. Especially if *good* people are indifferent, afraid or unwilling to quarantine the *bad* people.

Most human beings want the same basic things in life. A relative handful of folks are keeping the multitude from fully enjoying paradise.  😎

Par for the course.

A racist young White man takes a newly bought assault rifle and mows down Black people in the only big supermarket in their Buffalo, N.Y., neighborhood. 

And then a question is asked: "Who's to blame?"

My money is on the dude who did the shooting. No one else. He visited White Supremacist Websites, even made a scouting trip to the area and thought his murderous act would generate a huge groundswell of support. It actually did, but we saw only a glimpse of it.

So, what do Black people do about the massacre? Start a debate.

Does anybody really think that if even half the Black people in that Elmwood Village neighborhood in Buffalo, N.Y., owned a gun they would have been able the stop the mass shooter? Nope. 

One would have had to actually be in that parking lot when Peyton Gendron exited his car or been in the aisles of the Tops Supermarket. And that's assuming they actually knew how to fire their weapon. And could aim it correctly.

But that's not the issue. Strolling around with guns will not keep Black people safe. Nor will keeping guns hidden in our homes. Ending a knee jerk devotion to racist Republicans will help. But only real Black Unity will effect genuine change. 

However, with so many of us chasing after elusive riches from Cryptocurrency, supporting Trump and the vilest of his minions and paying lip service to the truly suffering among us, not much will change.

So who's to blame? The answer to that question should have been added to the Black Agenda. 

Because yakking away with each other does nothing. Just as Congress yaks away - but nothing even resembling a workable solution ever comes out of the talks. 

And that's what everyone wants. A Solution. Not assigning blame. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 10:10 AM, ProfD said:

My position is that we should be armed and ready for anything that might happen.😎

I agree.

I never thought I would consider this issue as a woman and even now, I defer to the men in my family.

Nevertheless, I do see that a lot of women are expressing the need to take up arms. 

@Chevdove

"Take up arms" actually means going to war for many. If you meant buy a firearm for protection of self and family, that works. 

I honestly believe that in the not too far future, people may get a knock on their doors at night and then get dragged away for words they typed on social media Websites. 

Hope that dosen't happen. But with the hateful way things are going ... oh, yeah.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, richardmurray said:

So many of our forebears didn't speak about the past?

So true.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, richardmurray said:

was that helpful? perhaps.

No. it was not helpful. 

52 minutes ago, Stefan said:

But that's not the issue. Strolling around with guns will not keep Black people safe. Nor will keeping guns hidden in our homes. Ending a knee jerk devotion to racist Republicans will help. But only real Black Unity will effect genuine change. 

This is a great statement, one of which I believe in.

15 minutes ago, Stefan said:

"Take up arms" actually means going to war for many. If you meant buy a firearm for protection of self and family, that works. 

@StefanThank you for catching that error! I was not referring to taking up arms, meaning going to war.

16 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I honestly believe that in the not too far future, people may get a knock on their doors at night and then get dragged away for words they typed on social media Websites. 

Hope that dosen't happen. But with the hateful way things are going ... oh, yeah.

That would not surprise me! But nevertheless, it is not a good position to be afraid to communicate on pressing issues of today. 

When an 18-year-old can take a gun and shoot Black people going to the grocery store go into an elementary school and shoot and kill little children, they need to be more concerned about that, imo. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

Strolling around with guns will not keep Black people safe. Nor will keeping guns hidden in our homes. 

It's not about strolling around with a gun like it's the wild west.

A home defense firearm makes a whole lot of sense if race soldiers receive the signal to carry out the purge of black folks.

The bottom line is that if black folks legally have just as many firearms as white folks do and permission to carry them, it will make criminals think twice about doing harm because they won't know whether or not that person is strapped.

Even white people believe *good* folks with guns neutralize the threat of *bad* people with guns. That's why they want to arm the teachers, janitor and receptionist.

Again, there is a reason that white folks are stockpiling guns. I don't think black folks should continue to be be sitting ducks.

In fact, if black folks start buying guns in record numbers, America will change the gun laws immediately. 😎

On 6/3/2022 at 5:21 PM, Cynique said:

Bottom line: the strong survive. 

On 6/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, richardmurray said:

all empires are based on power, not goodness

These two comments basically explain everything including the use of phenotype (race) to enslave and more recently marginalize people. 

I do not believe racism is inherently human.  People of the same so called races have rained all kinds or havoc on each other using a variety of reasons to justify their evil.

------------

I was pleasantly surprised to see both @Cynique, @Chevdove, and @Pioneer1 contributing for the first time in a while (at least of the posts I've gotten to -- I'm way behind).  I've been kinda scarce myself -- busy with website, traveling, and major life changes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Troy said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see both @Cynique, @Chevdove, and @Pioneer1 contributing for the first time in a while (at least of the posts I've gotten to -- I'm way behind).  I've been kinda scarce myself -- busy with website, traveling, and major life changes.

Same here.  Glad to read you all too.  Real life comes first.  Handle your bizness. 😎

@ProfD

You might have missed the scores of photos on the Internet years ago with pro-gun advocates waltzing through their cities and towns with assault rifles slung over their shoulders. Some of these were Black, but in some areas they were legally able to do this.

A home defense system would have not have stopped the Buffalo, N.Y., mass shooting. This is why I pushed back against calls for Blacks to arm themselves. It's also because most who support this idea do not specify what they really mean. 

If you're going to own a firearm, then you would want an open carry permit. Because without one, you're at the mercy of whatever knucklehead could care less that you're' a living, breathing human being.

But never forget, White cops will be more inclined to shoot at you if they even think you have a gun. This is why I push back against Blacks buying guns unless they are for home protection.

The Buffalo, N.Y., Tops Supermarket had an armed security guard. But when a mass shooter has already donned body armor, unless they're shot in the head it will difficult to stop them. 

This proved to be true in Buffalo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Stefan, I don't miss too much of anything.  I thought it was awesome and absolutely necessary that black men own in Louisiana showed up with their legally obtained firearms to show the white folks who were openly brandishing their own at peaceful protest that we can get down like that too. 

Since you and I seem to be diametrically opposed as it relates to black folks owning firearms, please enlighten me on the best way for black folks to *not* be sitting ducks when white folks armed to the teeth decide to open fire on us at will. 

Again, the Buffalo shooter went after the Tops Supermarket specifically because it was a *soft* target filled with unarmed black folks.  He already knew they had one armed security guard.  That's why he wore body armor.  

I'm not advocating that black folks illegally obtain firearms.  Nor am I suggesting that black folks should obtain firearms without training.  I believe black folks should take all of the necessary steps to arm themselves legally and responsibly.  😎

Richard Murray

Like I was telling a brother earlier this morning.....
Befor Black folks can control anything in America, we must first learn to get control of OURSELVES.

Black Americans are some of the most emotional people on the planet.  Quick to get offended, get angry, be petty, cave in to lusts and immediate desires instead of practicing delayed gratification.  As a community we need to mature to the point of discipline.'

I can even argue maybe too many black adults lie to black children about the past.

Absolutely.

They lie to them because THEY were lied to by their parents, and that habit probably started in slavery when the slave master started lying to them.
But also, they lie out of pure laziness.
They don't know the answer, too lazy to find out, so they MAKE UP and answer and lie to their children about it....and that lie is often passed down generation after generation.

I will like to add, black entertainers  in the usa have another issue. As entertainers they all to often live by salary to whites with money who govern the system. sequentially, black entertainers are simply not in a strong enough space in their individual lives to risk communicating to black betterment without concern to white backlash. I concur that many entertainers in their actions show a lack of knowledge to the black populace, or black culture or black history. But I want to add, most black entertainers live with a mask on. And make their individual profit in the least secure financial place, which is the arts. 

I concur to your point but we black people tend to forget, real estate/manufacturing/energy sector, these industries are not dominated by whites by accident.

And unlike entertainment...which often relies on talent and innate abilities for one's success....those industries are usually developed only through careful study and discipline.
Something our people need to learn as a community.

Stefan

Does anybody really think that if even half the Black people in that Elmwood Village neighborhood in Buffalo, N.Y., owned a gun they would have been able the stop the mass shooter? Nope. 

One would have had to actually be in that parking lot when Peyton Gendron exited his car or been in the aisles of the Tops Supermarket. And that's assuming they actually knew how to fire their weapon. And could aim it correctly.

You make a good point
However my question is.....

As he was being hauled away in a police car with only a relatively FEW cops around him (less than 12) and I saw a HUGE CROWD of Black folks standing around who pretty much knew what he did....and many of those in that crowd DID have guns on them and in the car because in the inner cities of the United States quite  a few Black folks DO pack guns (legally or illegally)....so why didn't THEY do something to him on the spot???

They KNEW what he did and they had the ability to over power the cops and rip him from limb to limb....but they didn't.
I didn't see anyone throw as much as a ROCK at him.

After seeing the blood of their grandmothers and aunts spilled all over the supermarket...what did this crowd of negroes do?

They just stood around staring and let the cops peacebly haul him away.

What does THAT say about those people?

Does that sound like people of honor or people who deserve respect to you?

What do you think goes on in the minds of Black women SUB-CONSCIOUSLY to see that the blood of elderly Black WOMEN can be spilled by some shaggy haired White kid and the Black men just stand around looking confused?

• Sad 1

@Pioneer1 they are lazy... and afraid. Too many black people in the usa don't admit they are afraid of white power. Even if they can't comprehend why, or give details to history, they are. A family member once told me a personal story about being a child and how their elders reacted to white power. I do not speak about my personal life so I can't give details. but the story proved to me that fear > than laziness. Fear is > ignorance. Let's be blunt, Trayvon MArtin's mother was on nationwide television and talked about forgiveness. Now, what message does that give? We all know trayvon martin murdered and why? it was clearly based on a negative bias toward a black child by a white person. So we can talk of media influence and lawyers and guidance but what do children really see with those responses... fear. 

Study plus discipline matter in energy/manufacturing/real estate... but also cruelty. Exxon former standard oil wasn't built on hard work alone. rockefeller killed or hurt many people. Real estate, i just have to mention the native american. Yes, study plus discipline. but the people who own most industries in the usa if you look at the root of their ownership it isn't merit, it is violence that is at the core of alot of their money, and Black people... are guided to not be violent by our elders in the usa historically. 

Look at crypto. Many rich whites put their money in for a get profit quick scheme, which was perfect. new market, most people, white black female male or other don't know, millions of people had their money taken. Yes, it takes study to know when. it takes discipline to organize when to pull out. but, they also committed an act of violence. they knew they were using media to support a financial trick, that was and did hurt many people, of all races. 

I am not saying your wrong but important added elements exist with black people and we are not willing to admit them usually. Remember the million man march. Many black people said Black men were too lazy too undisciplined to gather together, commit no violence, but the black men did, but what did our leaders reply with? did they reply with planning, did they reply with focus, did they reply with the bare minimum of honesty? no, the leaders present, many of them not entertainers, many of them elected officials/ religious leaders did no different than entertainers. We have a ways to go

You are right the black populace in the USA needs to grow, to weed out laziness, ildiscipline, but it also needs to weed out lies + fear cause lies+ fear will breed laziness + ildiscipline

On 6/8/2022 at 10:51 AM, Troy said:

I do not believe racism is inherently human. 

I also do not believe that racism is inherently human. 

I believe that it is a mystery and that its' origin stems from perhaps, a human that has lost his/her soul. Racism is inhuman and inhumane. It's an attack on humanity. 

On 6/8/2022 at 10:51 AM, Troy said:

I've been kinda scarce myself -- busy with website, traveling, and major life changes.

Well, --Change is inevitable though. But I hope that all goes well with the major life changes. 

On 6/8/2022 at 6:21 PM, Stefan said:

This is why I push back against Blacks buying guns unless they are for home protection.

Yes, for me, I could see why people would want to protect their homes, but how can anyone know what to do, in the Tops ordeal?

It is so unfortunate that the armed security guard was not able to defend the lives lost, nor his own life. 

I don't believe Black people are seeing that this would be like an act of TERRORISM. I am slowly getting to see that this country is sliding into what many 

people in the Middle East have been dealing with for a long time. 

14 hours ago, ProfD said:

Again, the Buffalo shooter went after the Tops Supermarket specifically because it was a *soft* target filled with unarmed black folks.  He already knew they had one armed security guard.  That's why he wore body armor.  

I am slowly beginning to believe that this is terrorism. 

I remember when 9/11 occurred, a lot of Black people were saying that we would soon have a Black President and I could not understand that kind of reasoning. 

I thought, what in the world would Black people have to do with what is going on in the Middle East, etc. We are minorities. 

But now, I am beginning to see a correlation.

This country has shifted into a new programming. Once it was about the miliary operations overseas but now, this country has turned inward.

This transition is surreal. 

Black people are afraid of Whites? What fools subscribe to this nonsense? Why would we be afraid?

The last 40 years of my life involved me being a father, step father, news writer, news columnist and eventually Senior News Editor. I was always a photographer. I began teaching just for extra money and became adept at it. I was not afraid of anyone because only a few people could write as well as I could. 

I just chose not to knock over gas stations if I knew they came equipped with a drop safe.  😜

Pioneer, you wanted Black onlookers outside the Tops Supermarket in Buffalo, N.Y., to grab a gun and plug away at the alleged mass shooter. Seriously?

Why should ANY of those Blacks who happened to be near the Tops Supermarket that day give up their lives to snuff out a White dude who may never see freedom again? Because I have a question for you.

Why don't you ask any of these inner city gangbangers who are gleefully gunning down grandmothers, mothers, children, passers-by and store owners left and right? Because the last time I looked, not one of these individuals have taken it upon themselves to avenge Blacks and Latinos murdered by White racist killers.

Is not George Zimmerman still breathing? How about all these cops who continue to escape true justice? 

The Buffalo, N.Y., police swat team chose to talk the alleged mass shooter into giving up his gun. Nothing any of us can do about that.

The last thing we need is to lose another viable and strong Black man to the prison system for decades.

@Stefan, while your questions were directed to @Pioneer1, I would like to offer the following:

Most black folks are inherently afraid of everything white supremacy represents.  Fear is the main reason the system thrives.

A long time ago, if black folks had killed every white racist that has ever murdered one of our own, things would be totally different for black people in this country.   

So, I would love for gangbangers to turn their guns on white racists who murder our brothers and sisters. 

I do not believe George Zimmerman should still be alive today.  The same goes for the Buffalo shooter.  They should have been dealt with immediately. 

I cannot think of a better reason for a strong black men to go to prison or to the graveyard than putting white folks on notice that if they kill one of us, they're going to lose one too. 

Our Middle Eastern brothers and sisters get it.  They are labelled as terrorists but they're actually fighting imperialism which is the extended arm of white supremacy.

Interestingly, black folks will join the military where their *job* is to kill or be killed in defense of country,  freedom and democracy. 😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

I cannot think of a better reason for a strong black men to go to prison or to the graveyard than putting white folks on notice that if they kill one of us, they're going to lose one too. 

Interesting statement.  Are you suggesting that Black people should go out and kill the same number of white people that were killed in Buffalo, NY, for example?  How do you suggest the white people to be murdered be selected -- randomly?  How do you determine who is doing to do the revenge killing?

Those question were rhetorical, because I think that is a very bad idea.  There are far better ways to use strong Black men having them engage in activities that will put them in prison or the cemetery.

That said, if someone decided to exact revenge on a George Zimmerman who clearly executed a young Black man for no good reason, I would not lose any sleep over it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Troy said:

Interesting statement.  Are you suggesting that Black people should go out and kill the same number of white people that were killed in Buffalo, NY, for example?  How do you suggest the white people to be murdered be selected -- randomly?  How do you determine who is doing to do the revenge killing?

Not at all.  I would never advocate killing someone who did not deserve it.   I believe in the greater good of humanity.

Only racist murderer(s) would be handled.  It would be carried out by a covert, well trained, paramilitary-style protection force. 

A while ago, there was a thread in which I did not elaborate on my thoughts regarding this issue because this is a public discussion board. 

My point is that it would only take a handful of executions before racists got the message not to f8ck with black folks. 😎

@ProfD

I do not believe you are fully thinking your position through.

Any coordinated effort by Blacks to kill Whites will result in genocidal killings of innocent Black people.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:46 AM, ProfD said:

Our Middle Eastern brothers and sisters get it.  They are labelled as terrorists but they're actually fighting imperialism which is the extended arm of white supremacy.

Black Americans are not Middle Easterners and most of us in the U.S. do not live to exact revenge. In some areas of the world, such as the Balkans, vengeance is expected. 

I will not agree with that - even though some may visualize this a pleasant fantasy. 

@Chevdove

You are absolutely right. What happened in Buffalo, N.Y., is an example of domestic racist terrorism. 

• Like 1