Oh...The Bible Doesn't Condone Slavery? Really???

1 Kings 9: 20-22

20And all the people that were left of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, which were not of the children of Israel,

21Their children that were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel also were not able utterly to destroy, upon those did Solomon levy a tribute of bondservice unto this day.

22But of the children of Israel did Solomon make no bondmen: but they were men of war, and his servants, and his princes, and his captains, and rulers of his chariots, and his horsemen.

@Pioneer1 NONE of these scriptures define Slavery!

I responded somewhat to this topic in times past, especially in a thread started by a man named 'Tazarah'.

The historical background on the people in these scriptures would help you to have a better understanding.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

21Their children that were left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel also were not able utterly to destroy, upon those did Solomon levy a tribute of bondservice unto this day.

I will recount a brief story that might help to understand this scripture:

I met a Palestinian woman years back [I have written about this before]. She and her husband told me that my husband was 'An original Israelite'. He is 'a Negro'; my husband is 'a Black Native' American. This Palestinian woman was completely captivated at the presence of my husband, and she said that she was so afraid of him due to her experiences in Palestine and Israel. Therefore, one day, she finally decided to tell me that, her husband would have to get up from his nap and come and sit into the living room every time we came over their apartment. She further explained that Palestinians have to pay a yearly 'tribute' to Israel, and they resent this. She also said that when she was going through the airport to go to America, an Israelite male employee at the checkpoint angrily threw her passport down. The whole time that she was talking about this, she was holding her face with her two hands, as if she were afraid. But my husband and I, were confused as to why this was so important for her to tell us. 

So to better explain this story, I believe it correlates to 'UNTO THIS DAY' like 'government service works'. It has nothing to do with your understanding of SLAVERY. 

22But of the children of Israel did Solomon make no bondmen: but they were men of war, and his servants, and his princes, and his captains, and rulers of his chariots, and his horsemen.

This was a choice that Solomon made. He did not cause any of his people to be IN BONDSERVITUDE, meaning contractual service of a 7-year period. 

BUT, the first scripture you cited cannot be understood without getting a better understanding from an historical point-of-view. So, I will explain a little.

20And all the people that were left of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, which were not of the children of Israel,

WHEN it comes to 1KINGS 9:20, this needs to be understood from an historical basis and I've explained a little before. But the history of these people is massive and books could be written about them. So I'll try to be brief:

the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites,

Prior to the timeline of the Exodus, these peoples were already ancient. They were a well -developed peoples and had an historical culturalism. 

AMORITES--these people are Canaanites. They were known for later being empire builders and from them over a thousand years later came the ROMAN EMPIRE.

Anyone can see this in their very name AMORA--ROMA in reverse. 

Specifically, the Amorites are White Supremacist.

HITTITES--the Bible records them many times along with their 'Black origins'-- The people of HETH & the Hittites.

Or, the Children of HETH and the Hittites. They became a dominant people of trade in ancient Anatolia.

Hittites are White Supremacist. 

Jebusites-- Another culture of Canaanites. their root name JEBUS stems from a certain cognitive word that means 'EARTH PEOPLE'. 

from them came a lot of giants. And this common issue of the Jebusites stems from their culture of practicing incest and more importantly;

Pedophilia. 

I will stop here because I don't know much about the Hivites and Perizzites. But, due to these issues, would be why the scriptures speak of Joshua and his forces coming against them during the time after the Exodus. So, it was their culture that is an affront but what needs to be stressed too, would be that the individualism is being ignored. Many of these people --genetically speaking-- became a part of the makeup of Israel too. So, it is not the individual but the culture that is being addressed. 

Edited by Chevdove
clarify 'earth people'

Chev

The Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites were different "tribes" or branches of the Canaanite people.  Who were the original Black people of that land before the Israelites invaded it.

The Jebusites are the ones who actually founded Jerusalem when it was called SALEM.

Salem/Salim was the name of one of their Deities.

They say Salim was one of the Elohim.

The Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites were different "tribes" or branches of the Canaanite people.  Who were the original Black people of that land before the Israelites invaded it.

Yes, I agree. They were definitely Originally Black people! 

Again, they worshiped White people; they were White supremacist that is why the Roman Empire was able to set up--THE AMORITES.

Again, I agree that the Original Amorites such as the ones named to form a Confederacy with Abraham written in ancient scripture were definitely Black.

They were also called MOORS. I know.

But the Canaanite Hittites migrated from the east and stem from the East world Hittites of ancient Anatolia.

The Jebusites are the ones who actually founded Jerusalem when it was called SALEM.

Yes, but they were anything but peaceful.

I realize that the later Amalekites also identified with the Jebusites, and this name became part of Egyptian history too. 

Just like the 18th Dynasty of Egypt, they had many Mother--son sexual relationships and marriages and offspring...

57 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

Just like the 18th Dynasty of Egypt, they had many Mother--son sexual relationships and marriages and offspring...

While I usually stay out religion discussions, my inner comedic will not let an opportunity pass.

Genetics would suggest that a lot of dysfunctional people would be born out of those unnatural unions. 🤣

@Chevdove, don't be offended my sista....I remember the last time I interjected humor in your scholarly work. 😁

OK...back to my corner of what black folks need to do in terms of racism, entrepreneurship and self-defense.🤣😎

• Haha 1

Chev

Yes, the Amorites are the ancestors of the Moors

It is also said that the Akan people of Ghana descended from the Canaanites who were originally called "Kena'ani" people.

I'm not sure of Jebus was an actual person because often times the people are named after their patriarch.

The actual term for the Jebusites are YABUSI btw.

Just like the actual term for the Amorite are AMUURI.

I realize that the later Amalekites also identified with the Jebusites, and this name became part of Egyptian history too. 

I'm not sure how truthful those accusations are.
Because I can't trust the people making them.

The Israelites ACCUSED them of practicing evil and sexual immorality, but how can I trust what THEY write in THEIR holy books after slaughtering men, women, and children and stealing their land?

Remember that I told you that according to the Bible, Solomon was a White man.
It's understood that the Israelites represent a group of Caucasians who stormed into a Black land, slaughtering the people, overturning their temples and relics, and stole and occupied their land.

Those who weren't slaughtered became enslaved, along with their descendants.