How many of you still believe in Trump?

It's quite apparent now that there was no widespread voter fraud during the 2020 presidential election. The contest was the most watched and the most closely examined election in history.

And the preponderance of evidence shows simply: THERE WAS NO WIDESPREAD VOTER FRAUD.

Trump lost and even his daughter Ivanka knew it. Barr called Trump's claims "Bullchit!" Rudy Giuliani is now facing facing ethics charges from the Washington, D.C., bar association for going on and on about phony election fraud claims. 

As hateful as Trump is, it did not surprise me that Lord Dampnut supported Vladimir Putin's vicious invasion of Ukraine. A few other GOP'ers seemed to do so as well.

Well, Republicans are not going to ban AR-15 assault rifles because they are beholden to the NRA. And the leadership of gun group could care less how many school children are massacred. How many Blacks are slaughtered in supermarkets, churches and on the streets is also not their concern. 

It must be deliriously delightful these days for many of you Trump fans. 

Trump failed.png

Trust me....

Most of the same silly sell-out niggaz who supported Trump for the past several years, STILL support him.

It doesn't matter how much evidence you bring or how logical your argument is that Trump is harmful to AfroAmericans and his policies and very presence in the Whitehouse was harmful....they won't listen to or believe it.
They are BRAINWASHED.

Most Black Trump supporters are literally brainwashed by fake news, fake information, fake statistics, ect.....that tell them how great he was or how NON-RACIST he was even when all of the actual evidence points in the opposite direction.

I spent hours arguing with some clown the other week who insisted that Black people had the "lower unemployment rate in history" under Trump.

Lower than Bill Clinton I guess....

Lower than Franklin D. Roosevelt with his New Deal and Public Works Projects that put millions of unemployed Black folks to work I guess.....

They will ignore history and just spout false stats and propaganda shamelessly with a silly grin on their faces like that cute ass Candace Owens.

• Like 1

Economic stats beat the stuffing out of Trump supporters, most of whom had the nerve to ignore 44's in your face racism.

https://factcheck.afp.com/donald-trumps-economic-record-us-president

People who still cling to Trump's smudged golf shoes don't ever want to mention that this former impeached twice President is only one of two U.S. Presidents to leave office with less people working than who had jobs when he first entered.

A tribute to Trump's childishness and insistence on downplaying the Covid-19 pandemic.

I cannot recall another former POTUS getting as much media attention after leaving the White House.  The fact that he's never provided tax returns and twice impeached and the whole 9 yards proves he's been Teflon.  Then, the speculation and belief that he could run and win again should provide an indicator of the collective intelligence and pulse of America.😎

• Confused 1

Do you know what is telling? How few people who participate in these discussion forums refuse to admit that they vote for Republicans.

They know full well they are taking sides against their own people and the future of the majority of Blacks. 

With all of these supposed political threads, only a few want to openly admit they prefer racist and soulless Republican legislators to run this country - to the detriment of those with Brown and Black skin.

That is the real shame. 

16 hours ago, ProfD said:

To be clear, *if* the clown in chief,, er, POTUS gets re-elected, I'll have no choice but to conclude that half this country needs to seek mental help

The former president never got a majority of the popular vote, the the majority of the electors.  So maybe a 1/3 of the country would need mental help 😉

6 minutes ago, Stefan said:

...only a few want to openly admit they prefer racist and soulless Republican legislators to run this country - to the detriment of those with Brown and Black skin.

You are operating on a false premise.  The few here that have openly supported and voted republicans never said they did so because they "they prefer racist and soulless Republican legislators."  They all did so because they felt that they would personally benefit.  This is the calculus that most people use when deciding who to vote for.

I voted for a republican president once.  I was working for a defense contractor, back in the 1980s, and everyone voted republication because we knew who would sign the biggest contracts.  I was young and relatively naïve back then.  Since then I've voted for only democrats and independent candidates. In NYC, I only joined the democratic party because I wanted to vote in the primary and in NYC you have to be registered in the party whose primary you wanted to vote in.  

Today, I don't vote solely for my own self interest. I'm not above voting republican again if I thought it served the country's best interest.

I don't believe all republicans are racist -- even the republican politicians.

I also believe we do ourselves a disservice by thinking all democrats are not racist -- especially the politicians. 

That said, both parties, it can be strongly argued, serve the elites and as we know most of them in this country are white.  De facto racism, perhaps, but definitely classism. 

@Troy

Spare me.

Only one major political party in this country wants to hurt Blacks. Only one major political party continuously bashes Black achievement, Black advancement and Black excellence.

Only one major political party always sides with the NRA when it comes to the safety of our children and populace. 

I'm not stupid. I am well aware that not all those who vote Republican are racist. But most racists are Republicans. That is a fact.  

And I pegged quite a few people in these forums a long time ago. Their love of the GOP is based on pure selfishness. 

They hope Republican legislators pave the way for them to become rich. Even as they turn a blind eye to the sufferings of the majority of their kin. I've said this a few times already.

This is why I pushed back against the cryptocurrency fanatics. The ones on here who were pushing it revealed their true nature. They are greedy and thought of themselves as superior.

It's as if they were talking themselves: "So what if crypto mining uses an exorbitant amount of electricity? We're worth it! What about everybody else? Screw em!" But it looks as if Crypto fans are the ones who seem disappointed these days. Whether Crypto rebounds from its current doldrums is anybody's guess. 

We are witnessing the last shreds of humanity in the Republican Party being torn asunder before our very eyes. I could never support someone as meanspirited and hateful as Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott. Trump is simply the Sum of all Greed.

Troy

why spend hours arguing about something you can just look up?

Because I don't trust those stats.....lol.

If I use what I believe to be false and inaccurate statistics to smash another person's argument, they may be able to turn around and do the same thing to mine.

Under BOTH Trump and Obama, there were FAR more unemployed people  than what those stats suggest.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Because I don't trust those stats.....lol.

I hear you and this is symptomatic of the state we are in. Facts are argued. 

We know the employment stats do not count all not working people it was never asserted as such, but it is a metric. 

Again it is pointless to argue about the number being higher one period compared to the next, what you can debate hire it got that way and what it means.

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

…But most racists are Republicans. That is a fact. 

Really?! And how did you acquire that information? I suspect you made it up as it fits into your narrow world view. If you did not make it up, please share a source.

Otherwise, I suggest you get out into the world and talk to a variety of different people. 

Republicans definitely do not hold a monopoly on causing harm to Black people. The fact I even have to say that tells me I’m wasting my time….

Your blind hatred of Republicans is clouding your reasoning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Troy

I do not have a blind hatred of Republicans. 

I've already said not all Republicans are racist. You just read something in my words that blared out loudly to you. That's why you got miffed.

The same sentences have been typed in several news forums and in a few blogs by me.

And I don't have to produce any stats just because you demand them. Because most Black people despise today's Republicans. Look at any exit poll for proof. 

Why don't you write an Op-Ed extolling the need for Black voters to choose Republicans and send it to The Grio, NewsOne or The Root? Make sure to ask what an appropriate length is.

You always did have me viewed wrong You actually called me a Troll once. Really? Name some trolls who write as well as I can and can do it consistently.

Trolls exist for a few reasons. Most just want attention. Others know they do not add to reasonable and polite debate. They aim to disrupt it. I let others resort to curse words, lies and personal insults. My manta is be truthful, but keep it above board.

I'm just a retired Black man, who's adept at written Communication and who defends his people, encourages further learning and pushes back against phonies, liars and racists. 

@Troy

I also recall when you claimed there was no such thing as White Supremacy.

Proved you wrong on that, too. 

The people aligned against our race these days are vicious and hate-filled Whites, According to most news stories on this subject, 68% to 70% of Republican voters believes in their "great replacement theory." 

Which is basically that Democrats and those who support them, are engaged in an evil attempt to import Latinos, African and Caribbean Blacks and Asians, to supplant the dominant White race in the U.S.

Um, those folks are Republican. 

But don't take it from me. Read the words of Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw, a UCLA School of Law and Columbia Law School professor who specializes in Civil Rights Law.

“Politicians have sought to censor any study of the way that the American legal system sometimes facilitates and reinforces racial inequality. That legislators can appropriate law to banish critiques of law should rattle every last one of us.

“Changing the rules about what racial histories can be taught, and what experiences can be acknowledged is not a healthy feature of a robust democracy. It is, in fact, its opposite: a democracy in peril, in danger of succumbing to the rising tide of authoritarianism,” said Ms. Crenshow, who's also executive director and co-founder of the African American Policy Forum.

Notice how she pointed about our enemies changing the rules about what histories can be taught? That's exactly what many Republican Governors want. 

The desecration and dismissal of Black History. Chattel Slavery should be remembered and treated as much as a disgusting Crime against Humanity as is The Holocaust.

How can hundreds of years of racial murders in the form of lynchings, arsons, shootings and bombings be ignored? Easy, if you want to curry favor with those in power.

Both parties had elected officials and business titans who drew red lines, consigning and imprisoning generations of hard working and eager to learn Blacks in dismal and dirty slums imposing an education system that was in effect, a school to prison pipeline.

For someone who managed a book selling Website, I figured you'd be most concerned that books written by Black authors are now being yanked from school libraries. This is why I do not need to gin up any statistics. The racism from elected Republicans is happening right before our very eyes. 

On 6/15/2022 at 1:14 PM, Stefan said:

I do not have a blind hatred of Republicans. 

... OK so are you saying you don't hate republicans?  You statements sure sends a difference message.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:14 PM, Stefan said:

You actually called me a Troll once. Really?

Yes, I remember that, your comments posts are troll like.  You make unsubstantiated comments and when asked to provide some to support you assertions you fail to do so, saying things like, "I don't have to produce any stats just because you demand them."  I did not demand them, I asked.  Obviously you don't have to back up anything you write, but don't be annoyed it what you say is challenged.

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

I also recall when you claimed there was no such thing as White Supremacy.

I did not write that.  I probably said something like there is no genetic basic for the concept of race.  Which means there is no genetic basis for a white or Black race.  But white racism is obviously real.  This website is a consequence of white racism.  

Speaking of troll's  Stepan this statement is a classic. 

5 hours ago, Greg said:

Trump did way more for blacks than biden and harris. In fact, trump did way more for blacks than al sharpton. As a black man, im sick and tired of the excuses black people are making. Its ridiculous. 

Tell me what do you think?  Do you think there is anything that anyone could write to get Greg to see things differently? 

In another thread  Greg wrote, "Almost 75% of our black children are born out of wedlock to young, low income, unskilled women."  This statement is absurd on it's face, but nonetheless I asked him to substantiate it.  I already know, like most trolls he'll react the way you did, or at best, cite a bullshit source.

Trolls have different motivations. Some troll just for kicks others have more pernicious motives. 

@Troy

When you and others claimed there was no White Supremacy, I presented several news stories with links. My links proved my contention. White Supremacy is real.  And then I proved it is getting worse.

You never acknowledged I had been right all along.

Now, for you so-called statistics. 

Most elected Republicans cannot stand Black people. Everything they do is try to stop our advancement. But you want me to prove this with statistics. Really? The real problem with statistics is they never factor in the intangibles.

Trump was actually horrible for the overwhelming majority of Black people in the United States. Remember when he denigrated overseas Black nations as "chithole" countries. What other President in modern times did such a thing? Think Trump likens Russia to a "chithole" country now?

Trump took over in the midst of an economic rebound. People forget that the Black unemployment rate dropped sharply during the last years of the Obama-Biden administration. So, Trump simply inherited a growing economy.

That does not make Trump a hero. Just fortunate.

Now, about Black employment. What kind of jobs did Blacks get during Trump’s time in the White House? Were they quality jobs? Did they offer a living age for the earner and their families as well as health benefits? Did they come with sick and vacation leave? If they didn’t, quality jobs they were not. These are the intangibles I mentioned.

Stats tell only part of a story. One has to ask because Black people, on average, are still relegated to lower sector service jobs which led many to being vulnerable for contracting Covid-19.

And we all know that Trump continuously downplayed the pandemic. He never called Covid-19 a hoax, but always claimed it would go away in the next summer. It never did. Viruses mutate. But Trump did call Covid-19 the China Virus. What a guy.

And who can forget his nightly TV press conferences where he preened before the cameras, suggesting this and that. But when he mentioned using Bleach, that’s when most folks knew he ate one too many MickeyD cheeseburgers.

While President, Trump sided with Republicans who tried endlessly to kill the Affordable Care Act. But they failed, because golly, gee whiz, even Republican voters loved it. But not if it was referred to as Obamacare.

That did not stop GOP’ers from trying to cut healthcare benefits of laid off workers at a time they needed it the most.

When Trump decided to erase Obama’s legacy by ending environmental programs 44 championed, our rivers got more polluted, our air got dirtier and more people came down with environmental-related ailments.

Do you know why so many Black and Latino children have asthma and other breathing illnesses?

It’s not because their parents are evil, uncaring or absent. It’s due to states and municipalities placing so many garbage transfer stations and sewage plants in their neighborhoods. Obama was trying to stop this. Trump ignored the health concerns of voters in these neighborhoods. He simply did not care and never did.

Is that what some mean by Trump supposedly doing more for Black people than any other President? Intangibles. They never show up in the stats.

And when Covid-19 spread across the country, stunting economic growth and leading to thousands of businesses closing down, owners laid off workers or at the very least, slashed worker hours. What did Trump do?

Not much for Black people. His Pay Protection Plan from the Small Business Administration basically ignored the Black community. More than 90% of Black-owned small businesses that applied for PPP funding were denied.

So naturally, many shut down. Is that what some mean when some scream Trump did more for Blacks than anybody else? It’s not as if Black businesses are given loans at the same rate as other ethnic groups anyway. Must be our wicked parents.

When compiling unemployment statistics, those who were out of work and collecting, but stopped looking for employment, are no longer included in the totals, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Stats do not tell the whole story.

Yeah, Trump issued the first Covid Relief Checks. But he acted as if he deserved a parade for doing it. He wanted his name on all of the checks. But federal checks carry the Treasurer’s name. Besides, Biden issued two more Covid Relief Checks without fanfare or a demand for statues to be erected in his honor.

I guess Trump forgot he was doling out taxpayer funds. Of course, he wouldn’t know. He tries not to pay any.

Trump could’ve cared less about racial equality. He ended racial sensitivity training in federal agencies, complained endlessly about Black Lives Matter and denied there was any racial discrimination. Except for the Mexican children that he ordered put in cages. And we know he hated anyone who is a Muslim.

But Trump’s real damage to the Black Race is his penchant for choosing nothing but White judges who get to make court rulings that may stand for a generation.

Trump appointed more Appeals Court Judges since Jimmy Carter. All of them are White. I remember this loudmouth still trying to get the now exonerated Central Park Five shot and hung with his biased Op-Eds in NYC newspapers.

Trump did sign the First Step Act. The measure, introduced by Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), was aimed at lowering prison inmate numbers by providing more vocational training and jobs for ex-offenders. But as usual, Trump undermined the bill by not earmarking funds for the training and counseling.  

If Trump really cared about Black People, he’d would have pushed to ensure all Black citizens could vote. But he didn’t. Why would he?

From the way he relentlessly attacked Barack Obama and other Black legislators, sports stars and luminaries, it’s clear that Trump has little consideration for our achievements.

Because Trump never thought Blacks were equal to him in the first place. And this truth is something else that will not show up in any stats.

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

When you and others claimed there was no White Supremacy, I presented several news stories with links.

Stop attributing statements to me that I never wrote and just denied writing; this is the behavior of a troll.

So Trump was a poor President thanks Captain Obvious.

You act like he was the first president not to care about Back people.

You also act as if Trump represents all republicans… 

• Haha 1

IMO, no POTUS to date has really done anything specifically to help black folks anywhere around the world.  There's always a catch.

From "ending" slavery to passing Civil Rights legislation, those actions made the POTUS look good from a moral perspective.

Otherwise, most everything a POTUS does directly enriches shareholders i.e. benefits he wealthy and indirectly trickles down to the people.

That's why the American people are being overcharged for loans, prescription drugs, food, gas, etc.,  Follow the money.😎

Doing what i do from time to time, I logged onto this board in order to skim through the subject matter, searching for anything that  might have the potential to pique my interest. This thread snagged me, and left me rolling my eyes and shaking my head. Black men, during the course of a discussion, demanding civility and facts in the course of an exchange about politics.  An oxymoron exercise, no less. And to add insult to injury attempts were made to defend what has become the party of Donald Trump, a seditionist who one poster elevated to the rank of a respectable president whose term in office benefited black folks - rather than enabled white racists.

When it comes to policies and mission statements, people choose which ever political party they are most compatible with, and their party of choice commands their loyalty. The lines are drawn and the idea that we should tread lightly and politely around our opponents and give them the benefit of the doubt is the stuff of bull shit.  I make no excuses about hating Republicans and I don't need any factual proof to assert that the Republican party provides a haven for racists. This is what is currently the case; from the top to the bottom, from the MAGAs to the Senators who court them in order to get their vote. Except for a paltry few,  Republicans who don't support what the GOP has become have simply retreated into a spineless silence. Bottom line: the Republican party is a magnet for blatant white supremacists. It's obvious. 

Democrats aka Liberals, as bumbling as they may be, do at least attempt to be inclusive in their goal of lifting others as they climb.  Right wing conservatives don't give a damn about anybody but themselves, falsely believing that they have achieved their wealth and status solely through the sweat of their brows.  In their view, any black person who doesn't make it, simply hasn't pulled themselves up by their boot straps. blah, blah, blah.

I am not a political activist nor a rabid Democrat. But I reserve the right to be repulsed by right wing conservative Republicans. I don't like them individually nor collectively.  Hating them energizes me.       

• Thanks 1

I always felt Cynique could publish some essays through a traditional publisher. Her biting commentary, whether i agree with it or not, is always interesting. 

@Cynique on social do you get the same reaction? I mean do people express similar sentiment as Del?

• Like 1

@Troy

Trump is the most despised world leader of our modern era. He's a lying, crooked racist and the world knows it. 

Of course, he's not the first U.S. President who didn't care for Black people. And this is your excuse for defending him? Because he's not the first?

What you're really expressing is: "Well, it's okay he hates Black people. Because other White Presidents were racist."

I notice you resent having your feet held to the fire. 

Trump lies matter.png

On 6/20/2022 at 5:07 PM, Stefan said:

Of course, he's not the first U.S. President who didn't care for Black people. And this is your excuse for defending him? Because he's not the first?

come on man, I’m not trying to “defend” trump. That is in your imagination. What i reject is your blanket condemnation of all Republicans. As if they all worship trump. As if trump was actually a true conservative.

@Pioneer1 that is because Del will occasionally agree with us, but he never agrees with you 😉

I told you before, but it's apparent that you cannot read. 

I do not hate all Republicans. I despise their policies which injure the needy and the innocent. So, stop lying! There is only one major political party that opposes Black advancement and that is the GOP. 

And as far as I'm concerned, you've always pushed back against my claims that most Republicans are racist and got ticked off when I claimed (and later proved) that White Supremacy has never gone away. 

Then you demanded proof and I responded with several news links for racial crimes. That seemed to make you even angrier. 

I am Black and I do not like anyone who sides with White Supremacists. 

You live in Florida. Your state's governor is banning books written by Black authors. What say you?

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

There is only one major political party that opposes Black advancement and that is the GOP. 

@Stefan, I know this was in response to @Troy .  While I understand your sentiment, there is a fly in the ointment. 

IMO, neither major political party is truly interested in black advancement. Two sides of the same coin.  

Also IMO, one party ignores black folks while the other party treats us with benign neglect.

It reminds me of how slaves were utilized during American wars.  They were promised freedom for their service.   Most of them didn't get it when the smoke cleared and dust settled. 😎

16 hours ago, Stefan said:

Your state's governor is banning books written by Black authors. What say you?

That is hyperbolic.  I'm not going to address that question.  Ask me a legitimate question, that is based upon reality

you've always pushed back against my claims that most Republicans are racist and got ticked off

Yes, because you are asserting something as fact, but can't support it with anything other than your imagination.  Stefan there is nothing you can write that can tick me off.  Do you believe everyone who disagrees with you must be ticked off by you?  

when I claimed (and later proved) that White Supremacy has never gone away. 

You proved the obvious -- way to go dude!  The only one you need to convince is Greg (i.e. Uncle Ruckus).

Look up strawman argument.  Mustering these up is your strength.