Juneteenth Freed. Slaves

Juneteenth   Racism. And. Discrimination. Has. Never. Stopped .,,Confined. To. Black. Communities.  .Racist. Murdering. Police..,Street. Gangs,Crack Houses. ,Pimp. Houses. ,Brings. Black ,Community. Enslavement...The. Church. Is. A. Slave. Cabin. ,Enslaving. The. Minds. And. Souls. Of. Black. People. For. Profit....,Controlling. Black. Votes. Black. Political. Can. Live. In ,Better. Communities. For. Their. Families. .....CNN. Will. Have. A,Televised. Celebration. Of. Juneteenth .  So. What. Are. Black,People. Celebrating. With. Juneteenth  ???????

AfroAmericans still have a long way to go in cleaning up our own house and replacing the system of white supremacy. 

In the meantime, if AfroAmericans can enjoy the 4th of July (America's Independence Day), we can celebrate the abolishment of antebellum slavery. 😎

@harry brown the question is define freedom? 

before you can judge juneteenth you have to ask, how do black people define freedom? 

Many black people in the usa  define freedom as the ability to vote/own a business/fuck a white person in peace /serve in the military.

Based on that definition black people have already gotten freedom. But what happens when a black person defines freedom as black power. What happens when a black person defines freedom as no nonblacks with black control all over? Based on those definitions juneteenth wasn't. 

So the question is how do black people define freedom? and from a media view, the problem is, most black people viewed in media will never admit that a greater variance exists in the black populace of the usa or in the larger humanity for their agenda to force through peer pressure all black people to view freedom the same way. 

But the question isn't is juneteenth freedom but does juneteenth match the freedom as a black person or group defines it ? 

Rather than think some random holiday that we came up with will help us as blacks, how about we help ourselves by making responsible decisions in life.
Number 1- our black women need to stop having babies out of wedlock at a young age. If you want a one way ticket to poverty and almost ensure your children will get involved with illegal activity then keep doing that. All the black men need to step up to the plate and stop acting like a bunch of immature thugs and make respinsible adult decisions. Our community and culture is a complete joke, Its because of poor decsion making not white people. Some random holiday ( juneteenth) does absolutely nothing. My family and I dont even acknowledge it.

here is an uncomfortable question- Between 175 and 200 years ago our own people sold us into slavery to european slave traders. Our ancestors were taken to america as slaves until northern white soldiers from the north as well as president lincoln freed them.

lets do a comparison- as horrible as slavery was, the descendants of those slaves including myself are MUCH BETTER OFF in America than had we been born and raised in africa. How many of you actually think blacks in africa have it better than even the most impoverished black man here in america? If anyone believes an african has it better than any black american, i have a bridge to sell you.

by the way, virtually every civilization and people were conquered and enslaved throughout history not just blacks. We are just good at perpetuating it. Slavery still goes on and guess where? Africa where blacks enslave other blacks. Look it up.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

...horrible as slavery was, the descendants of those slaves including myself are MUCH BETTER OFF in America than had we been born and raised in africa

This is racist trope that I hear all the time...

The African continent exploited for centuries and America was a main beneficiary. To say that the descendants of the kidnapped Africans who live in America today are "better off" than the descendants of the ones who remained in the aftermath of centuries or rape pillage and plunder is a profoundly asinine statement.

@Greg if you continue with the "black women need to stop having babies out of wedlock at a young age,"  I will ban your account.   (I know you don't care; this notice is really for the other posters benefit).

Yeah. When I read "between 175 and 200 years ago our own people sold us into slavery to european slave traders" my first thought was...nah, the Transatlantic sale was prohibited by law in 1808.  Somebody needs to brush up their history. 🤭😎

American slavery was unique in that it's victims and their descendants -- even those fathered by the enslaver -- were enslaved in perpetuity. All people with brown skin were deemed as genetically subhuman, and needed to be enslaved for their own good. 

Those who sold other Africans to Europeans could not know what they were doing, as the European practice of enslavement was so alien to anything practiced in Africa before or since.

America has make a great deal of progress, but has never reckoned with it's violent history.  The murder of George Floyd was a seminal event because it helped many people really see America and it started an anti-racist movement, something the republicans party is pushing hard against.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

American slavery was unique in that it's victims and their descendants -- even those fathered by the enslaver -- were enslaved in perpetuity. 

America has make a great deal of progress, but has never reckoned with it's violent history. 

Again, in the same way Jews hold on to the holocaust, therein lies the reason it's extremely important for AfroAmericans to learn, teach and never forget our own history in this country.

AfroAmericans knowing our history is not to use it as a crutch or an excuse but in order to fully understand the system under which we live and how it works.

At the same time, AfroAmericans knowing where we come from should instill a sense of pride for how far we've come and push for an even brighter future in a system of justice. 😎

ProfD

One of the reasons that Jews hold on to the Holocaust and make sure their children know and understand what happened, is because THEY control their own media and educational system.
Ofcourse being a branch of the White race for the most part makes that easier for them to do.

AfroAmericans on the other hand, overwhelmingly rely on WHITE PEOPLE to educate their children both in the public school system and in the media.
Brother Malik Shabazz said that only a fool would trust his enemy to educate his children.

jewish people never make excuses  and claim they are “ held back” because of the holocaust which was MUCH more recent than slavery.

I also find it funny that you bring jews into your argument considering the majority of anti semetic attacks against jews are Blacks. Even our black leaders ( i use that term loosely) such as Sharpton amd Farakahn have made it clear they dont like jews.

again, the holocaust was much more recent than slavery but the jewish people have become extremely successful , dont commit violent crime , and dont make excuses.
one thing that blacks are great out is making excuses and of course we are also great at drawing attention to ourselves; we love attention ( the end zone dance in football, the flashy clothes )…. 

4 hours ago, Greg said:

I also find it funny that you bring jews into your argument considering the majority of anti semetic attacks against jews are Blacks. Even our black leaders ( i use that term loosely) such as Sharpton amd Farakahn have made it clear they dont like jews.

I find it even funnier that you seem to think that the mere CRICIZISM of Jews should be considered just as much of an "attack" on them as when the neo-nazis, Proud Boys, and other right-wing hate groups actually go out and KILL them.

Last time I checked, killing a person was much worse than simply criticizing or even insulting them.

Anti-semitic White "gentiles" kill and assault Jews on a routine basis and have been doing so for CENTURIES.
When was the last time a Black person physically assaulted a Jewish person simply because they were Jewish?

10 hours ago, Greg said:

Sharpton amd Farakahn have made it clear they dont like jews.

This is not true, these men dislike those that actively harm Black people. They never assert a hatred of every individual in any group.

In any group of people, of considerable size, you’ll find both wicked people, good ones, and everything in between.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

When was the last time a Black person physically assaulted a Jewish person simply because they were Jewish?

It has happened, but with most violence the victim and perpetrators are in the same group. Whites kill whites, blacks kill blacks, etc.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:33 AM, Greg said:

e love attention ( the end zone dance in football, the flashy clothes )…. 

What's wrong with touch down and end zone dancing???
Seriously.

Are you JEALOUS because those athletic brothers are out there showing off their dance skills getting the attention of all of the women watching them?

Top 5 NFL Victory Dances – Billboard

"Ain't....no.....half....steppin'....."

Black folks should boycott the 4th of July! An insignificant holiday in our history. 

Nah, we gotta fire up the grill and barbeque. Blast our stereos and play bid whist. Or spades. ( I can just picture ol Greg gagging at the thought. 🤮) Hope he chokes.😆

• Haha 2

Personally, I LOVE fried chicken and collard greens!

I wish they'd sell more collard greens at restaurants.

One of the difference between other cultures and us is that most other cultures EMBRACE their foods, dresses, and manners of speech while a lot of AfroAmericans tend to shy away from them and do their best to fit in with Caucasian American customs.

I work around quite a few Africans and every chance I get I'm trying to introduce them to AfroAmerican cuisine.
And they LOVE IT.

gf