Black slaves were freed by Brave White Soldiers from the North

We owe our brave white soldiers a huge debt of gratitude. Those brave white men from the north ( Union) sacrificed their lives freeing the black slaves of the south. We also owe a huge debt of gratitude to president lincoln ! 
Even though slavery was 175 years ago, we never want to forget those brave soldiers of the north.

• Haha 1

Too bad Reconstruction led to southern blacks being re-enslaved via sharecropping and Jim Crowism, and lynchings.  Brave black soldiers fought for their country in 2 world wars as members of a segregated military, only to return home to a country that still treated them as second class citizens.  Get outta here with all of your white washed history. 

• Like 1

We were not enslaved, big difference. But hey, look at all the Excuses blacks now have because our ancestors were slaves 175 years ago. We literally have an excuse for everything; all of our short comings. 
Again, we owe our brave white soldiers of the north a great deal of honor and gratitude. That’s really what Juneteenth is about .

@Greg, you math is off, but that really matter very little...

19 minutes ago, Greg said:

We were not enslaved, big difference.

Not really, a cursory knowledge of history would tell inform you that sharecropping especially immediately after the end of slavery was not very different. Also have you ever heard of convict leasing?  One could argue that system was even worse than slavery...

The Northern soldiers, who actually knew what the war was about, were not interested in fighting for the freedom of Black people. The only solders knowingly fighting for Black freedom were the Black ones. Northern white soldiers fought, mostly because they had to.

Men like the abolitionist John Brown, who actually fought to free enslaved Black people were aberrations. 

Greg I'm going to create a reading list for you.  Well not for you, because I know have no interest in learning, but for those who desire a deeper understanding of racism, genocide, colonialism, and the devastating impact this has had on Black people in these United States ... still we rise 🙂

6 minutes ago, ProfD said:

By definition, black folks cannot be racist because we do not have the power to discriminate against and/or marginalize another group of people.  😎

Thats complete nonsense, blacks most certainly are racist. They have the power to discriminate when they are pointing guns to the heads of hardworking whites and demanding their hard earned money,

Union soldiers were getting slaughtered left and right and they were on the verge of losing the war UNTIL 1863 when Lincoln had the "bright idea" to train up a bunch of Black regiments and send THEM into battle....and that's when the tide started turning and the North began winning the war.

Infact, most Whites in the North didn't even want to GO to war.
They were having draft riots and movements to let the South go ahead and secede if they wanted to.

It was Black soldiers who won the Civil War (the first) for the Union.
They were the deciding factor.

History of the Civil War in 10 Battles, Part 19: African Americans in  Uniform - History

"Sucka done forgot about us."

@Pioneer1, yesterday, I saw that same pic of the brothas when I visited the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC)

Figured time spent in the NMAAHC was a cool way to celebrate the Juneteenth holiday.  Of course it was not my 1st visit to the museum. 

The NMAAHC is a great place to learn some of our history. It makes me proud of my people and p*sses me off at the same d8mn time.🤣😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

White Christians were the some of biggest slaveholders in America. Bible thumping Sunday morning and whipping black folks the same afternoon. 

POTUS Abraham Lincoln knew slavery was wrong on several levels and untenable. Nor did Lincoln want slavery to spread further west.

The institution of slavery as practiced in America was *good* business for the country economically but bad business on every other front. Lincoln had to stop it. 

Still, it took a whole Civil War for white folks including their Christians to give up slavery. They were still reluctant about it. That's why we have Juneteenth. 😎

I was just watching a show on world war 2 and the bravery and intelligence of our white soldiers was simply astounding and humbling. As a black man its humbling to read about how so many White Christian Men risked their lives freeing black slaves. Their bravery is just astounding!

Another example of White Christian Men changing the world for the better.

One white man started World War II.  One white man started the dust-up that is the Russian/Ukrainian conflict. 

Seems *dumb* that millions of white men cannot stop one of their own from destabilizing world peace and/or wreaking havoc on another country. 

I would not brag on the intelligence and bravery of white men who run around killing millions of people for no reason.  😎

• Thanks 2

Just compare Europe to Africa. Compare white communities to black. Compare white innovation to black “ non innovation”.

Notice blacks never go back to africa? There is a good reason, they need white people to survive. Thats a known fact that many blacks admit to.

Europeans amassed their wealth by colonizing other countries and pillaging their natural resources. 

AfroAmericans were not born in Africa so it's nonsensical and an insult to believe or suggest we can go back there.😎

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2022 at 7:41 AM, Greg said:

Just compare Europe to Africa. Compare white communities to black. Compare white innovation to black “ non innovation”.

Notice blacks never go back to africa? There is a good reason, they need white people to survive. Thats a known fact that many blacks admit to.

How were Black people surviving in Africa for tens of thousands of years BEFORE a White man even existed, let alone set food on the continent?

ProfD

On 6/22/2022 at 6:52 AM, ProfD said:

One white man started World War II.  One white man started the dust-up that is the Russian/Ukrainian conflict. 

Seems *dumb* that millions of white men cannot stop one of their own from destabilizing world peace and/or wreaking havoc on another country. 

I would not brag on the intelligence and bravery of white men who run around killing millions of people for no reason.  😎

Oh but that HAD to.

Roosevelt and the other leaders of Caucasian civilization HAD to stop Hitler from killing the Jews because apparently Hitler and most of his followers were too ignorant and didn't know the truth....that White Civilization needed Jewish intelligencia and innovation to progress the White race and keep it from pre-maturely disintegrating.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Roosevelt and the other leaders of Caucasian civilization HAD to stop Hitler from killing...

Sure.  There is a governor on their madness.  Let's see how long it takes current leaders to make Vlady Putin stop killing folks. 😎

ProfD

Yeah, if the reports out of the Ukraine are true...and that's an IF....it appears that Vlad is going "off code" by slaughtering so many of his own fellow White brothers and sisters.
Him doing that alone makes me think that he's down to use nukes against other White nations.

They want him to get with the program....but he's not with the "program"...lol.

I've heard reports that he's seriously ill and maybe he no longer has an incentive to stick to the script and code of White Racism.

As I alluded to in another thread, there are layers to white folks and their BS.

The conflict could be a diversion to starve millions of people elsewhere in the world and fleece millions of people out of their money paying for overpriced gas and inflation. 

We just don't know their end game. But, it's best to watch their hands and follow the money. 😎