I locked MYSELF out the discussion baords!

I've been locked out of the discussion baords for about a week.

I noticed that the window that displays the URL would show the IP address, instead of "aalbc.com". It was one of those things that I said I would get around to fixing when I got a chance (that get aroun to list is very long and is constantly reprioritized).

I then noticed that google was indexing the site and showing the IP address which no one would recognize as AALBC.com. Well I decided that I should push fixing the ip address problem higher up in the queue of things to do.

So I figured out how to get aalbc.com to persists in the address window, but that broke the connect via faecbook feature. Of course I did not notice the connection right away.

Actually I ignored the problem for a few days, retrying preiodically, thinking it would just fix itself or just go away. It did not. I asked one of my real life buddies to try to connect to the site using his facebook account and he exprienced the same problem.

Now the new problem is far worse than the orginal problem I was trying to fix!

Well I fixed the facebook problem, and it just occurred to me this problem was an interesting metaphor for life in general.

• Seemingly unrelated things may actually be inextricably connected
  • Problems ususally don't go away by themselves, you can just ignore them more
  • You can't always count on people pointing out something that is obviously wrong, unless you ask

The thing I hate about the Cyber generation is that they got all youse thinking you have to change and upgrade and all that rot every other week or you are a "luddite" or something.

It is very frustrating learning how to do the same thing (post a message) to somebody every few months and it is the reason why I don't visit some websites anymore but I guess you ain't gonna stop as long as those assholes Bill Gates and Steve Jobs keep on conning us.

Jesus! If you are coming back hurry up while there is still somebody left here to greet you.

Hey Chris, another guy said what you are saying but he said it like this:

You know I'm with you on the twitter angle. I use it primarily as a notification service but besides that it's text messaging to the world. I had to get talked into it by one of the cats who read my blog who told me I should embrace it. Real talk it's the dumbest ish created since the comfort wipe!

I had those drive by bloggers too. The game is they get more links to their website and they appear higher on the google search engine. I call it NERD publicity!

Real talk you have to understand what age we are in. People just love NEW, it doesn't matter what the hell it is as long as it's new. So if they came up with Iphone App to translate your voice into a Irish guy then the same Technology Nerds would make up a stupid ass name about that too.

You aren't out of touch you just see that the ish is useless! It's like paying 5K for granite countertops and saying that's a deal breaker on a new house! We have a lot of dumbass people with degrees circle banging each other while entertaining over there 6 burner stove!

I've been locked out of the discussion baords for about a week.

I noticed that the window that displays the URL would show the IP address, instead of "aalbc.com". It was one of those things that I said I would get around to fixing when I got a chance (that get aroun to list is very long and is constantly reprioritized).

I then noticed that google was indexing the site and showing the IP address which no one would recognize as AALBC.com. Well I decided that I should push fixing the ip address problem higher up in the queue of things to do.

So I figured out how to get aalbc.com to persists in the address window, but that broke the connect via faecbook feature. Of course I did not notice the connection right away.

Actually I ignored the problem for a few days, retrying preiodically, thinking it would just fix itself or just go away. It did not. I asked one of my real life buddies to try to connect to the site using his facebook account and he exprienced the same problem.

Now the new problem is far worse than the orginal problem I was trying to fix!

Well I fixed the facebook problem, and it just occurred to me this problem was an interesting metaphor for life in general.

• Seemingly unrelated things may actually be inextricably connected
  • Problems ususally don't go away by themselves, you can just ignore them more
  • You can't always count on people pointing out something that is obviously wrong, unless you ask

Those are some lessons for life, Troy. We think we are in control but some would say we are all just part of an ongoing quest to draw order from chaos. :blink:

What Cynique said.

AGAIN Carey is talking out the side of his neck. I LOVE Twitter. I talk to people like Harris-Lacewell, Sinbad, Terry McMillan is now there and others. You are just...::thinking of a good word::: Hey Carey, why dont you just admit that you dont know how to use Twitter and as such it isnt your cup of tea instead of degrading it. Geesh B):rolleyes::angry:

LiLi