I’ll take a Beautiful Black Man to go, please.

59957ED1-44B2-4F96-9BC0-8FA1BC155728.thumb.png.08580797617761a9a3963a8e361cf5ef.png

Baby Girl got her father shook!

We know who Emily is bringing home for dinner once she's old enough. 

And what she saw is exactly what the rest of the world sees - and FEARS. 

So, let's flip the script here and recognize the power of the Black man. 

When a Black man speaks, everyone listens.

I don't even know if we're aware of it. But I saw three women, powerhouses in publishing, all shut up when Troy, the only black person on the WSJ panel, started speaking.

Image consultant and multimillionaire Kevin Samuels passed away last month and is still trending on Twitter. 

Women will take to the streets and protest a state-sanctioned execution of a Black man.

Every time. 

If the Supreme Court overturns Roe, these legislators better prepare for all the "beige" babies about to come into the world. 

We already know - we already see it. Even privileged women select "chocolate."

Kardashians. 

And I get it…

Black women with much less will go into debt to give birth to and raise a black man's child by any means necessary.  

I couldn't figure out why there's been a lot of derogatory talk on this forum about Black Men lately… One dude even wrote he couldn't believe Black women could be so stupid for loving Black Men. 

But it couldn't be more evident through all the propaganda, rhetoric, hate, and jealousy. 

Emily got it right.

Edited by Mel Hopkins
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I couldn’t figure out why there’s been a lot of derogatory talk on this forum about Black Men lately…  One dude even wrote he couldn’t believe Black women could be so stupid for for loving Black Men.  

I believe that dude was trying to understand how/why black women love *bad* black men (thugs and gangsters for which there is a pathological reason.

To Mel's point...rapper Rick Ross controlled the black-tie crowd during his Juneteenth performance this past weekend.  The same audience had been stiff throughout the evening.

Beyond racism, strong, intelligent black men are taking arrows from all directions including our own brothas and sistas too. 

Little Emily has planted a seed to confirm the sum of all her daddy's fears.  🤣😎

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Beyond racism, strong, intelligent black men are taking arrows from all directions including our own brothas and sistas too. 

Exactly! That's what caught my attention in that thread! 

I thought, wait, this dude is allegedly a Black man, and he decides' another Black man's worth? And then condemns the entire group of Black women for our mating decisions?

He seemed to be jealous. It was an odd take. Kind of like those men who call themselves "Incels" - they don't understand why "women don't like "good guys" LOL. They forget women are hardwired for the continuation of civilization...and there are certain biological traits, including "strength, intelligence, etc., that we need to make that happen. 

Even though Emily objectified that man, her honesty was inspiring. 🤣

• Like 1

That story reminds me of Europe.
Where even grown women don't mind expressing their sexual attraction to you in public.
Not in a slutty or distasteful way (which are really signs of insecurity because you go overboard to try to challenge your fear)....but in a matter of fact and more natural way.

Although I was attracted to African women since my early 20s, the first time I actually had sex with an African (Tanzanian) woman wasn't here in the United States...but in Belgium where women of all races who were raised there simply sleep with the men they find attractive regardless of their social status or race.

Atleast at THAT time....I'm sure some things have changed since.

I find it interesting that she referred to him as "beautiful".
A term that isn't used for men much, except for Black men.

I've heard many women of all races use the terms "beautiful" and "gorgeous" to describe the physical appearance of Black males as opposed to the "handsome" or "rugged" terms usually used for physically attractive White males, and it still puzzles me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

but in Belgium where women of all races who were raised there simply sleep with the men they find attractive regardless of their social status or race.

You mean like here in the U.S. LOL  (I think Black women don't kiss and tell men about their escapades - but we tell each other LOL)

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

find it interesting that she referred to him as "beautiful".
A term that isn't used for men much, except for Black men.

I know I do, as do my daughters.  We all say "beautiful" when describing aesthetically pleasing Black men. I hadn't noticed until you wrote this passage. After I read this I asked my mother and she said, "you know what, that's true"... So I'm with you because it is puzzling but it is a term women reserve for Black men.  I saw an instagram post, (I wish I saved it - because the OP said, "why are you Black men so beautiful? and the man responded, "because we come from you."  #blownaway

29 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

We all say "beautiful" when describing aesthetically pleasing Black men.

As I mentioned in another thread, handsome and beautiful are synonymous when it comes to black women describing black men.   

Some black men transcend handsome.  The artist, our dearly departed brotha,  Prince comes to mind.😎

• Like 1

After reading the prose, I have to mention one small point. if kardashians represent the so called better class woman, ala privileged,  who the black guy quoted seems to think is white then black men need to worry about all those relationships cause I follow sports. and, a basketball player by the name of Lamar Odom used to be considered one of the best in the league and after his tenure with a kardashian, I don't know their names, he forgot how to play ball or train or manage himself. 

Now I do think of Get Out from Peele and that line, she licking your balls and shit.  I wonder what said kardashian did to lamar odom but his story before during and after getting with a white woman is a cautionary tale in my view to any brothers thinking towards those lines. And to brothers not thinking towards those lines it is a reason <not the biggest reason to stick with your kind or at least in color lines, that is the beauty of Black women or women of color in general over the white woman> near the end of the exhibit line.

@richardmurray, black men do not truly believe white women are a better prize.  White women are more easily accessible and less complicated.   

When black athletes are recruited to a college or university, the tour includes a visit of the campus, training facilities and dormitories, a hearty breakfast, lunch and dinner and no shortage of white women to  satisfy their physical needs.  

Athletes get used to this treatment and carry it over into their professional lives.  Of course, it's a set up.  White women are forbidden fruit.  But, white men will prostitute their women in order to make money and destroy black men.

Sure enough, black men will make a ton of money only to give it right back to white folks by way of gross consumerism and taking care of white women and their offspring either voluntarily or involuntarily.

Lamar Odom and now Kanye West should be case studies in why it's not a good idea for black men to entangle themselves with white women.  But, this BS has been ongoing since Jack Johnson won the World Heavyweight boxing title back in 1908.  😎

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

I have to mention one small point. if kardashians represent the so called better class woman, ala privileged,  who the black guy quoted seems to think is white t

WHOA, Stop! You are making way too many assumptions based on something I WROTE. 

1. I wrote the prose. If someone else wrote it. I would have put it in quotes and provided attribution.

2. Privilege doesn't mean better class...it means privilege: a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group. 

3. Kardashians' mom descended from Europe - which forms the basis of the social construct of white. 

4. I used the Kardashians -Jenner clan to point out that women who have access choose Black men. Black Women, even if they suffer financially, choose BLACK MEN to procreate. 

I recognize your cautionary tale to the brothers. But this post is about how WOMEN see Black Men - and because of it - white men and some black men are threatened by it. 

And what man wouldn't be. Especially if no woman wants to gestate their genetic material.😨

@Mel Hopkins ahh I thought you had copied and pasted content from the guy in the image. I see. 

2. I will not get into a word debate with you my fellow wordsmith. 

3. KArdashians are white, I know, I thought I said that.

4. I see... I don't know what you mean by access, i will assume that means more than average money, but don't most women go with their own kind at a financial level? 

I did comprehend but I just wanted to mention about Odom. My comment was meant as an aside. Not to the theme of the post. I should had stated that from the beginning

This is another aside to Mel Hopkin's post main point ...

@ProfD well... Miscegenation has occurred since the time of NArmer through the silk road to now.  I don't know about any group of women being easier or more accessible. If anything the enslaved black woman was the most accessible and most accessed female in the history of the usa or the english colonies that preceded it. but that doesn't stem from black women themselves and many white women in the usa like all women throughout humanity have communal pressures still. 

But Yes, black athletes are put in a path to return wealth into the white community that they earn legally with total merit through a white wife, but most black athletes in the usa marry black women. 

If you take out USA + Brasil very few countries have anywhere near the level of miscegenation, phenotypically at least,  than said two. And it makes sense. 

JAck Johnson was an outlier, most black boxers did not marry white women. I think when it comes to black athletes we in the black community have to stop taking high profile examples of black athletes marrying white women and making it seem like it is the common activity for black athletes when it never was and isn't. I comprehend why it bothers many black people so cause many black people nonviolently fight the war with whites through media images through inspirations. So when these images are presented the messages in them for said black people is a defeat. But I was never swayed by media. 

2 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

I don't know what you mean by access,

OFF-TOPIC

Is English your second language? I've dated men from other parts of the world. I've noticed when English is a second language, they have a different connotation for North American English words and colloquialism. 

Further, as a broadcast journalist, I've never had that problem presenting news to people whose first (and only language) is English. The most I've had is an elderly English teacher calling the TV station to correct my grammar. But they never had a problem understanding my content. And yes, I am a wordsmith, but I do my best to keep it simple. I'll continue to work on it.

PLEASE STOP ASSUMING; just ask 😎. And yes, I figured as much, which is why I mentioned I recognized your contribution. 

ON TOPIC

Access in this context is an extension of privilege, meaning "freedom of movement" The K-J clan can go where they decide without restriction. And no. there's plenty of evidence that women don't marry or procreate within their financial and/or social class.  The fact that money or even social class isn't a motivating factor for women makes it even more clear the destination is Black Men.

• Like 1

@richardmurray, surely miscegenation isn't a new concept. 

Also, most rich black athletes, entertainers and individuals will marry and/or procreate with their own kind. 

But, it cannot be skirted over that white supremacists will do whatever it takes to get their money back from black folks faster than they give it to them.

Otherwise, the media parading black men and white women is just another way to stir the proverbial pot.  They know it's going to ruffle a lot of feathers on both sides of the aisle.😎

Most wealthy/ successful Black men Prefer White Women, its a fact. Look at so many black athletes with hot white women. That said, may beautiful white women do NOT prefer black men. 
Many wealthy black men have said they dont find black women attractive.

The cute little white girl the OP mentioned innocently thought the black man was a piece of chocolate candy. It happens.

6 minutes ago, Greg said:

Most wealthy/ successful Black men Prefer White Women, its a fact. Look at so many black athletes with hot white women. That said, may beautiful white women do NOT prefer black men. 
Many wealthy black men have said they dont find black women attractive.

😴 None of the above statements are anything but misconceptions on your part.  You have no facts nor figures to support your claims.  Wonder what attracted your parents to each other?  They have to be depressed over what a dud their marriage produced.  A malcontented sociopath  so consumed by his hate of the "black communityi" that he is doomed to a life of frustration over how little an impact he has on the world. Poor ol Greg.  

that video you shared @Mel Hopkins I laughed the whole way

"I am sociologically programmed to want chocolate on valentines day:

"I just found out idris elba follows me"

"Stop bragging, <with disgusted face> I wasn't following him"

"my dream interracial relationship is idris elba... my nervous system would shut down"

<The black male actor who I think is hetero  I think he was in the film, how stella got her groove back and he is licking his lips talking about idris sexually>

The photo of idris elba touching the then pregnant white woman's belly and her smile...

"He's the funniest kindest most down to earth person ever ... he's heaven"

"He's not intimidatingly suave"

circa 5:11 the eyes of the mulatto colored black women when she said : "he has been sexy for a minute"

Said woman asked him:"you did those stunts" and he replied "yes baby" and her reaction :) media women, classic

Interesting that his crush is fellow long time married thespian, meryl streep. 

the white pregnant woman :) I have never had a stranger female put her hands out to hug me like that. I don't think I would want that either to be honest.

"it didn't feel long enough when I did it"

• Like 1

This thread kinda befuddled me. I couldn't figure out just what Richard and Mel were debating in their wordsmith smack down  All i know is that I was not entirely in sync with the vibe. 

Delano recently referred to be an Alpha intellect(?) . Not true.  i don't consider myself an intellect.  i can't quote Kafka or Kant, deconstruct Existentialism, relate Coltrane to Bartok, exalt great literary heroes or tragediennes, toss Latin phrases around,  debate quantum physics, expound on the specifics of a zone defense.  A verbal induced orgasm? Get outta here. Soon to be 89, the quintessential Renaissance Man has, alas, eluded me, denying me this thrill, undoubtedly because I didn't make the cut, myself.

No, I'm not an intellect but I would answer to being an iconoclast or, better still,  a polemicist. So my contrary input into the conversation would simply be that Kim Kardashian is a 4th generation Armenian on her father's side. This ethnic group balks at being called Arabs as they often are referred to, but they can't deny that among their population is a considerable sub species of gypsies... When it comes to the Kardashians, the old expression about how you can "take the the nigga out the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the nigga" kinda comes to mind... 😉

As for referring to black men as being "beautiful", that is so typical of Mel and her uniquely exuberant perspective on things.  "Polemecist" that I am, an alternative  adjective that comes to my mind when narrowing down the the vast spectrum of black men is "exotic", a term white women used to use when possessed by an attack of jungle fever. (I'm sure our favorite troll, Greg, would insist that the reason white women listen when black men talk is because they're afraid of them. He doesn't have the balls to imagine what an aphrodisiac danger can be. 😳 ) Whatever.  Whenever a brotha commanded a second lip-lickin look from me i just called him "fione". 😛 

So much for the ramblings of a krazy ol broad. I'm done.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cynique said:

Delano recently referred to be an Alpha intellect(?) . Not true.  i don't consider myself an intellect.  i can't quote Kafka or Kant, deconstruct Existentialism, relate Coltrane to Bartok, exalt great literary heroes or tragediennes, toss Latin phrases around,  debate quantum physics, expound on the specifics of a zone defense. 

It's kinda like being the Goat, it isn't a self annointed appellation. What you are describing is a scholar, academian or scholastic.

However you are a mistress of rhetoric,logic and grammar which form the basis of a classic Greek education otherwise known as the Trivium.

You aim so high that your comparison isn't likely to exist either.

To use the vernacular. Yoos a Bad B!+¢π. I mean that with the utmost respect and affection.

polemicist

I had four years of Latin and three of Spanish in high school. Yet I had to look up this word. To be certain what you are saying. 100%

much for the ramblings of a krazy ol broad. I'm done.    

You're my kind of crazy. I am an outsider amongst other outsiders. Astrologers think I am heretical. And my Tai Chi master used to call Martian. I also picked up the nickname Mr Neptune. A fellow Tarot card reader called me Pluto because I am really out there.

Welcome to the club.

Also you are an unconscious Magician. In my life time I have only met 3.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

fione

😋 Yes, Yes, Yes!

“Stop-the-love-you-save-may-be-your-own Fine Black Men?”  The fine Black men that trigger the lip-licking-I-want-to-eat-you-like -a-cookie response?  I  used to see them  in “The Cage” at West 4th. 

Mmm, those brothers are next-level beautiful!   

Now my heart is racing! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

used to see them  in “The Cage” at West 4th

Cats were for and some of the trash talking was next level.

After one game this guy puts on cologne. The other brother says that works better with soap and water.

• Haha 2

Mel Hopkins

JUST TODAY!!!!!

During casual conversation, I asked my female manager....who is a Black woman....what her ideal man would look like and before SHE could answer another female supervisor who was walking pass said IDRIS ELBA.  The first one said she took the words right out of her mouth.

Then they started falling over eachother high-fiving and talking about "guuuuurl" this and "guuurl" that.

What I found REALLY interesting was that the second woman was Asian (of Japanese descent). But she was raised in Oakland California so perhaps that influenced her a bit...lol

richardmurray

if kardashians represent the so called better class woman, ala privileged,  who the black guy quoted seems to think is white then black men need to worry about all those relationships 

That's why we need to change our racial classification system and make it more accurate.

I don't care too much for using COLORS when identifying races like "Black" or "White".
I prefer the terms "Caucasian" for the people we classify as White.

The Kardashians may not be the typical Western European White people but they and other Armenians for the most part are certainly in the Caucasian race.

But they have a lot of Arab ancestry in them which is why so many of large butts, tannish skin, and Black hair.

But in my opinion, those physical features don't take them out of the Caucasians category.

richardmurray & ProfD

I have a double standard:

I have MUCH more of a problem with Black women having sex with White men than I do with Black men having sex with White women.
Especially attractive well mannered Black women.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I have MUCH more of a problem with Black women having sex with White men than I do with Black men having sex with White women.

Well, you already know that it is out of code either way and should not be happening at all.😁😎

Uncle Ruckus, "historically" is a word you should remove from your vocabulary. You've demonstrated history is not part of your repertoire. 

When massa let Black women, he raped to birth more slaves, eat pig intestines, snout, feet, and tails, he was being a better provider than her enslaved mate, right?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Troy said:

Uncle Ruckus, "historically" is a word you should remove from your vocabulary. You've demonstrated history is not part of your repertoire. 

@TroyExactly! Greg's idea of history is "hearsay" from racists.  

Money is the great equalizer.  Given a choice between a fine, well-off black man and a fine well-off white man, me and most other black women would choose the black guy.  That's really hitting the jackpot! the white guy would just be an "also ran" who got beat in the home stretch.

32 minutes ago, Delano said:

I've had partners say I was unbelievable, unlike your statement it wasn't a compliment.

@DelanoLOL You are "incredible"-  in a good way. You get points in the Renaissance man designation for being so conversant in the classics.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Heh heh heh... 😇

18 hours ago, Cynique said:

So fortunate to have my life enriched by crossing paths with you 2 delightful unicorns!

Thank you! I feel exactly the same way! 💓💓💓

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

What I found REALLY interesting was that the second woman was Asian (of Japanese descent). But she was raised in Oakland California so perhaps that influenced her a bit...lol

See!  Black Men know, or should know they are "Most Wanted".

16 hours ago, Greg said:

Historically black women have found White men to be much more attractive and being better providers than black men.

Oh snap! So, that had to hurt you. You know, with you being a Black man, and all. 😲

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

See!  Black Men know, or should know they are "Most Wanted".

Oh snap! So, that had to hurt you. You know, with you being a Black man, and all. 😲

Black men are only the “ most wanted” when it comes to the FBI .

3 hours ago, Greg said:

peeped” ????

Not sure what you mean by “hood” talk.  I have no need for “sheets” to hide my identity.   - “but you do you, boo”. <- Now, In case you’re wondering about that phrase, it is called a “colloquialism” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Threads such as this one are created for one reason and one reason only. To distract you from the real threats both Black genders face.

When you respond to actual trolls, you give them a reason to continue posting their infantile diatribes. They exist to get a rise of people.

And so many fall for it. 

• Sad 1

They say you shouldn't "feed the trolls" but exchanges with them often gives you an opportunity to get things off your chest.

I remember that on some sites, if it weren't for the trolls...I wouldn't have ANYBODY to talk to because the regulars didn't care enough for my political and religious views to have a discussion with me.
It's a damn shame when a racist White man will give you more respect and attention than your own people.  But too often that's the case.

8 hours ago, Stefan said:

Threads such as this one are created for one reason and one reason only. 

Interesting .   @Stefan I didn't set out to troll when I created this thread. I shared an "out of the mouths of babes" view of how the world responds to a black man's presence. I'll never let trolls dampen my celebration of Black men.   

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

They say you shouldn't "feed the trolls" but exchanges with them often gives you an opportunity to get things off your chest.

I figure it's like pouring water on a gremlin. Eventually they will shrivel up and disappear. 😁😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1