Emmett Till Case Arrest Warrant Found

67 years after the murder of Emmett Till, an arrest warrant was found in a box at the courthouse for the lady whose accusation led to his kidnap and murder:

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/29/1108806145/emmett-till-family-seeks-arrest-after-1955-warrant-is-found

Even when a grand jury was convened several years ago, an all black jury failed to indict the woman. 

I don't care if her lying azz is 90 years old, she should be locked up...behind bars.😎

• Like 1

Is anyone here a Civil Rights lawyer? I didn't think so.

Because there are No Statue of Limitations on murder. There are instances of aged Nazi camp guards or even Nazi collaborators being hunted down to face Justice.

I'd love to see this woman facing a judge, too. But I'd also defer to legal experts who know more about these things than the average person.

There are some big obstacles to this woman being arrested and given a perp walk, even though it may prove most satisfying. The following link is from a news story in the Charlotte Observer.  Till's accuser, Carolyn Bryant Donham, lives in North Carolina now. 

Will Emmett Till's accuser ever face Justice?

The woman ia still alive 67 years later, d8mn right she should be held accountable for her part in leading to a murder.

Bill Cosby just lost $500k in a civil suit for an alleged crime that occurred 47 years ago. Nevermind that a 16 year old at the time had no business being at the Playboy Ranch. 

White folks have committed and gotten away with more physical, social and economic murders than any other group of people on the planet.😎

@ProfD

Aged former Nazi camps have been hunted down and brought to Justice. Most have been charged with murder or genocide. 

The Cosby case is a civil case. Carolyn Bryant Donham's case is criminal case. So, you are mentioning Apples and Oranges.

What I'd like to see is not something we will ever get. It's out of our hands. What do Civil Rights experts say? 

On 7/2/2022 at 7:12 AM, ProfD said:

The woman ia still alive 67 years later, d8mn right she should be held accountable for her part in leading to a murder.

Bill Cosby just lost $500k in a civil suit for an alleged crime that occurred 47 years ago. Nevermind that a 16 year old at the time had no business being at the Playboy Ranch. 

White folks have committed and gotten away with more physical, social and economic murders than any other group of people on the planet.😎

My question is why haven't a group of Black men....especially the relatives of Emmitt...ALREADY hunted down his torturers and killers and GAVE THEM JUSTICE THEMSELVES instead of waiting on the system to do it?

Most of them down in Mississippi know who was involved.
They may not know EVERYBODY who was involved in his torture and murder but I'm sure they know SOME of those who were involved.
They could have snatched them up back in the 70s and had it taken care of already.

• Like 1

Tell the truth. Most of us immediately became emotionally involved and demanded action without even knowing if it was feasible. legal or actually practical. 

All of us know there are two systems of justice. But many of us, especially those who favor Trump and his minions, rarely raise their voice in protest. 

Did ANYONE read that Charlotte Observer analysis piece about the arrest warrant? Because if you didn't, then you're unaware of some of the obstacles to an arrest. 

@Stefan, I did read the Charlotte Observer article.  Legal folks can overcome all types of obstacles if/when they are truly interested in the pursuit of justice. 

There's so much historical evidence surrounding the case sufficient enough to make serving the arrest warrant a slam dunk.  But, there's a catch...

The reality is that white folks have no interest in pursuing closure in the case.  They want time to wash it away like every other murder they've  committed against black folks.

The woman will not be served with the arrest warrant.  Her lying azz will be allowed to die in South Carolina peacefully.  That's not emotion.  It's a fact.😎 

6 hours ago, ProfD said:

The reality is that white folks have no interest in pursuing closure in the case.  They want time to wash it away like every other murder they've  committed against black folks.

Interesting. When @Stefan and @ProfDmentioned issues about whether civil or criminal, I wonder too, if it matters when it comes to people about the issue of just how important it is to bring the person to justice.

This topic made me think about the young man that was killed in Georgia when he was jogging. I did not think that it would be a serious issue. But then because the African Americans would not let it go and continued to press the issue, to my amazement, the case was heard and three White men were prosecuted, found guilty and imprisoned. One of the men charged filmed the young man and later it came out that he made so awful statements that later was used to show his guilt. 

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

Legal folks CANNOT overcome every obstacle. 

If they could, Trump would have been in custody long ago. The same is true of Bush II and Netanyahu for committing genocide against the Iraqi People. 

It does no good to generalize. 

Legal folks are the same people who create  obstacles by suppressing, destroying, altering and planting information and manipulating witnesses. 

It's up to the other legal side to make their case by doing the same thing, digging up information and knowing case law. 

Then, there are bribes and other back door deals that are made on the golf course.

The justice *system* is rigged too. 

@Stefan, contrary to your opinion, beyond facts and figures, a discussion forum is open to generalization, hyperbole and rhetoric too. 

I know you would love to moderate the board in such a way as to control the nature of the dialog. 

Thankfully, @Troy allows us to freely exchange our thoughts, ideas, opinions and jokes too.  Otherwise, this place would be bone dry.😎

@Troy

Oh, I forgot, O Mighty One! I'm a troll.

I happen to be right. I don't give a crap about what rules the legal profession is allowed to make or break. They are not gods and often, depending on the circumstances (in this case decades of time), they cannot accomplish tasks that we believe they must. 

Because if they could... go back to my comment. 

Yes, a Discussion Forum exists to elicit the free flow of ideas, proposals and opinions. But at the the moment, the theme is "All Black men are killers and mass shooters." 

So, what about White Supremacy? Does it exist?

Here we go...  Again more troll-like behavior on @Stefan's part.  Stefan, troll or not, you exhibit troll-like behavior from time to time.

I'm not involved in the conservation, why drag me into it?  Did you tag me by mistake, or are you simply engaging in troll-like behavior.

• 4 weeks later...