Black. People. In. The. Trump. Crowd..!!!!!

When. Supporters. Of. Trump. Are. On. The. News. There. Are. Black ,People. There. ,Some. With. Signs. Saying. Black. People. For. Trump..,Will. Trump. Support. Herschel. Walker. To. Be. The ,Senator ?,.Pastor. Warnock. Just. As. Whacked. As. Herschel. Walker....,The,Democrats. White. And. Black. Support. Millions. Of,Dollars. To  Help. White. Ukraine. ,Poor. Inner. City. Communities ,,Cannot. Get. A. Dime ...There. Is. A. Need. For. A. Black. ,Independent. Political. Party.. White. Democrats. Are. As Racist,As,The. Racist. White. Republicans.......If. Black. Democrats. Are. Giving. Money. To. Preachers. They. Should. Be. Voted. Out...

The GOP promise of less government, curtailing illegal immigration, free market enterprise, gun rights and rolling America back to a time before the 1950s appeals to some black folks, poor whites and other minorities too.😎

• Haha 1

ProfD

Those promises  certainly appeal to me....emotionally.

Problem is, the Republicans rarely DELIVER on these promises when they get into positions to do so.

As quiet as it's kept, even though they are a racist right-wing party...the Democrat party is so WEAK that if the Republican politicians would actually KEEP the promises they made I probably would have swallowed my pride and become a Republican years ago just to see SOME of the issues I support actually being enacted!

But alas......
While preaching less goverment....Republicans EXPAND government (chiefly by joining it)
While preaching against illegal immigration.....rich White Republicans are the ones primarily sneaking them in the country for cheap labor.
While promoting free market capitalism....they are the ones responsible for so many restrictive laws that TARGET Black businesses.
While promoting gun rights....they are the ones primarily supporting law enforcement and legislations that target Black and Brown men to take away THEIR rights.

I got hipped to their double-speak game 15 years ago.
It's like the novel 1984; just preach the opposite of what you actually do and most people won't be any the wiser.

@Pioneer1, that's why my position has always been that both political parties are sides two sides of the same coin. Neither party gives a f8ck about black folks. 

We vote for the lesser of two evils but it's really just an exercise until we come up with an agenda to which politicians can be held accountable. 

Republicans are gangsta in pushing their agenda through from protecting gun rights to putting  three (3) conservative Justices on the SCOTUS. They're not done in rolling America back to the early 1900s.

Democrats are spineless and weak.  They make excuses while kicking the same can down the street. They  do a whole lotta  *talking* without doing much to forward their agenda and/or codifying rights into law. But,  their solution to solving problems is to elect more Democrats.

Case in point...POTUS could have issued executive orders to offset overturning Roe v Wade. The catch is that he's a Catholic i.e. anti-abortion. He doesn't really care about a woman's right to choose. 

Sometimes, I wish I could bury my head in the sand and be oblivious to politics and world affairs. Unfortunately, my intellectual curiosity won't allow me to ignore this dumb sh8t.😁

Thankfully, music is my opiate. I can sit down and play my electric piano and tune out the foolishness until I'm ready to re-engage in information acquisition. 😎

17 hours ago, ProfD said:

The GOP promise of less government, curtailing illegal immigration, free market enterprise, gun rights and rolling America back to a time before the 1950s appeals to some black folks, poor whites and other minorities too.😎

Are you serious? Do you really think anyone but old folks remember the 1950's, when Blacks were called Negroes and Colored? When we could not go to the same schools as Whites, were always blocked from voting, owning homes, operating businesses and running for office? What Black people alive today with a working brain wants to go back to that?

It was Republicans who created the Dept. of Homeland Security, began rolling up huge national deficits, embarked on wars of choice, turned a blind eye to undocumented immigrants as long as they cleaned their houses and mowed their lawns. All was good as long as such ones worked cheaply and quietly in factories.

It is the GOP that is now intent on re-dirtying our air and water, restricting voting and a woman's right to make her own medical decisions, allowing only certain people to have guns and playing unfair when it comes to banking and finance.

Republicans don't even want true U.S. History to be taught in schools. Fewer Native Americans, Latinos, Blacks, Whites or Asians want to continue on the GOP path. 

• Thanks 1

ProfD

I came to the conclusion years ago that the Democrats are just a "pressure relief" party whose job is not to come up with their own policies but to slow down and tone down the agenda of the Republican party.

They are a PRETEND PARTY.
They pretend that they are the opposition but really their only job is to slow down what the Republicans are doing rather than stopping it.

Stefan

It was Republicans who created the Dept. of Homeland Security, began rolling up huge national deficits, embarked on wars of choice, turned a blind eye to undocumented immigrants as long as they cleaned their houses and mowed their lawns. All was good as long as such ones worked cheaply and quietly in factories.

It is the GOP that is now intent on re-dirtying our air and water, restricting voting and a woman's right to make her own medical decisions, allowing only certain people to have guns and playing unfair when it comes to banking and finance.

I think YOU do a much better job in exposing the inconsistencies and true agenda of the Republican Party than most Democrats in office!

I haven't heard any of them lay it out like you have on television or on the internet.

Most of them preach "reaching across the aisles" and working together with them.

The only Democrats that I've heard who really go after Republicans and expose their eviliness are the Black Democrats prior to the 1990s like Shirley Chisum and Jesse Jackson.  They told it like it was and didn't play games or pull punches with these right-wing racists.

10 hours ago, Stefan said:

Are you serious

Yes. I seriously believe the GOP would love to roll America back to a time when white supremacy was overt.

I think there's a whole bunch of people willing to take that ride including misguided black folks and other minorities who vote for the GOP. 

Otherwise, democrats would be winning elections by landslides. 😎

@ProfD

You took my question out of context. 

I have been warning about Republicans ever since I got on here. But look at the foolish who deny what is going on and then have the nerve to make excuses for it.

Remember certain ones claiming there is no White Supremacy?

Then, "okay, there is. But it's not getting worse." 

After I referenced a spate of racial crimes, I was greeted with: "You're a troll. You haven't proven anything."

At some point, one has to realize that some folks have simply been co-opted. 

@Pioneer1

Her name was Shirley Chisholm. 

@Stefan, I totally get the gist of your question and understand your opinion of Republicans too. 

The handful of right-leaning folks on this discussion forum are great for setting up clay targets for shooting practice. 

But, there's millions of folks beyond this site who's minds are made up that the GOP agenda would make America great again....rollback like Wal-Mart prices.

In fact, a super Wal-Mart parking lot would be a good place to set up with a public address system to convince shoppers that their Republican party is full of sh8t. 🤣😎