What if you discovered everything you believe is wrong, what would you do?

LOL We know what Goofy Greg would do if he discovered everything he believed was wrong. He suffers from the mental condition known as "cognitive dissonance" and is stuck on stupid. Upon finding out his obsession with black inferiority was wrong, his whole world would collapse and he would lose his mind.  

Stefan is probably apoplectic because I am not adhering to his code of conduct but - who cares? When Troy tells me to stop, I will. 

• Haha 1

Delano

This is an ILLOGICAL question.

If you discovered that "everything" you believed was wrong.....then you would have to doubt that very "discovery" itself also!
You would have to believe THAT discovery was also wrong since you would be compelled to "believe" it after discovering it.

It's like a person who comes up to you and says everything he says is a lie.
It would be impossible for them to be telling the truth.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

If you discovered that "everything" you believed was wrong.....then you would have to doubt that very "discovery" itself also!

@Pioneer1No you wouldn't, because "believed" is in the past tense. Your discovery is in the present.  

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

@Pioneer1No you wouldn't, because "believed" is in the past tense. Your discovery is in the present.  

Well if you wanna get technical about it and dissect words.....he actually said:

"What if you discovered everything you BELIEVE is wrong...."

That was PRESENT TENSE.

So the question is:  How can you sincerely believe that EVERYTHING you believe is wrong without simultaneously acknowledging that THAT discovery is also wrong if you believe it?

blah, blah bah, blah. Did something tell you all of that garbage. "If" is the operative word.  It modifies "discovered" because it hasn't happened.  Your assertion can be challenged

You're a waste of time, I'll let Delano deal with you.  

Cynique

My assertion can be challenged....but not legitimately by YOU.
You actually thought you had an argument by focusing on my saying "believed" until I pointed out that Delano's post IS in the present tense and despite that...my assertion is just as valid -his question is still ILLOGICAL.

It's clear you don't have the intellect or emotional fortitude to go toe to toe with me in this arena so bowing out is probably your best bet.
You need to stay in you lane....going rounds with your new boyfriend on here, lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delano said:

Pass

I have been limiting my conversation to  conceptual thinkers, or people who I find stimulating.

@Delano Ii hear ya. Actually it was a very provocative question you posed and i appreciated  ProfD and Troy's thoughtful answers.   I would be interested in hearing your response.  I am pondering the question and i don't think i would be greatly impacted, because i am a skeptical person...   I connect with the caveat that cautions if something sounds  too good to be true, it probably isn't.

• Like 1

It hadn't occured to me that some people can't think abstractly. Until you said it. Since then I have been having less arguments with block heads .

Yeah it paralyzed my brain. 

I think I would be pretty depressed to realise that I had gotten everything wrong. Especially when I have the thought, "How can they not see how wrong they are?"

Then I would think that was me, about everything.

Then I would reconcile myself to the fact that I was so wrong but thinking I was right.

It would be very humbling and I think I would probably stop talking or at least stop debating.

• Haha 1

I find that I have to make an effort to post. I'll start to write a post on here it Facebook and then I stop or I delete it.

Even in actual reality I talk less it creates space and an interesting dynamic especially when I'm around people who like to talk

Uh huh.....

The question was simply ILLOGICAL....and I pointed that fact out.

You can dress it up and claim it was just an "exercise in abstract thinking" if you want, but you can't get butter from a duck.

You can play that shit all day:

😜 "Hey yall.  What IF 3 + 3 =17 ??? "

🤪 "What IF men started growing vaginas and ovaries...would they still be men?"

Have fun with these weird ass questions that aren't based in logic.
Don't worry about ME disturbing you.

@Pioneer1Your megolo-mania knows no bounds, a pretender to the omniscient title whose credentials include an IMO degree  from the University of "Something Tells Me".    A wanna-be scribe who thinks the list-ending notation is  "ect" instead of  "etc' as in et cetera, the Latin phrase for "and others". 

I'm sure Delano would concur that you are a prime example of someone who dismisses what he can't wrap his lame brain around.  Then has the gall to set himself up as an exponent of logic when he can't even deduce that there are no "illogical questions"; only illogical answers.  And it's not as if anybody was anxious to hear his opinion about the  subject in question. His contribution to the conversation did nothing but bomb and pollute the atmosphere with the fumes of his obnoxious ego.. 

Glad you've decided to bypass Del and my dialogues.  Your droning won't be missed.  Good Riddance!

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

when he can't even deduce that there are no "illogical questions"; only illogical answers. 

I was thinking this as well. Or rather answers or dependent on the question, therefore it is more likely to have illogical answers rather than illogical questions. I actually made a mistake. It should have read what if everything you believed was was wrong. So I did use the wrong tense however it is highly unlikely to have beliefs in the future, that you are aware of currently.

Actually I am mistaken, discovered implies the past.

So just to be clear if you presently discovered that all of your beliefs are wrong. Also discovered implies knowledge which is different than opinions or beliefs