We Are Being Targeted With a Lot of Fake News ... and it is Killing Us

Why? Because liberal media outlets dont want the actual truth heard. Liberal media outlets want to create a fake narrative and make excuses for violent criminal behavior. Liberal media outlets also want to create new victims and perpetuate a “ victimhood mentality”.

This is classic marxism- create as many victims and divide and conquer.

ProfD

One of the problems with the main stream news is that most of them get the news they're reporting from the SAME source....the AP

I'm not exactly sure who the Associated Press is or how they got started but it seems as if they are the ones feeding most major news outlets their stories and opinions and telling them which way to sway their audiences.

@Pioneer1 it does not sound like you understand what AP does.  You should consider researching what they do, I suspect you'll come away with a different impression.

To your point, sources do matter. Main stream news, or rather where most people consume news is often derived from social media.  It is not uncommon for me to read something sourced from social media only to discover that it was taken out of context and spun.  If it is information that matters, you have to track down sources, as Jenifer so eloquently sang.

The reality is most people don't do this -- who has the time and energy?  It is much easier to have "news" algorithmically curated to keep you engaged, pushed to you in your feed., rather than having to seek it out.

Collectively, this is to our detriment.  The clearest example of this is reflected in who we vote into office.  Given the outcomes the best people are discouraged from running and the quality of who is left continues to decline, along with new laws, appointees, and confidence in our government..

Troy

Well, if I didn't witness it for myself....I take the information I get from even what you'd consider the most credible news sources with a grain of salt anyway.

The way I categorize information is:

1. What I observe with my own eyes and ears get the highest verification

2. What I get from those I trust who have a history of telling me the truth who say THEY observed it with their own eyes and ears get the second highest verification

And it continues to go down from there........

*News* has become a mix of information and entertainment depending on the outlet.

I saw the handwriting on the wall as a young person walking up to the checkout line of a store and seeing tabloids.

I knew it was just a matter of time before the news featured personalities putting their one spin on real world events.

Now, we have a 24/7/365 news cycle. Then, there's social media spreading disinformation.

Thankfully, there is still objective news reporting. Gotta look beyond the McDonald's equivalent of it.😎

On 7/10/2022 at 10:24 AM, Pioneer1 said:

1. What I observe with my own eyes and ears get the highest verification

There is your mistake my friend.  There are things that our senses are simply incapable of perceiving.  This is why you can't accept the fact there is only one human race.  You are going by what you eyes can see and what the culture has taught you and it is not serving you well.  

On 7/10/2022 at 8:16 AM, Pioneer1 said:

One of the problems with the main stream news is that most of them get the news they're reporting from the SAME source....the AP

There is some truth to this - but Associated Press, Owned and Operated Networks, Network Affiliates, and Independents have a symbiotic relationship. They feed each other. I've had a few AP credits when I reported for CBS affiliate and IHeart Media (Formerly known as Clear Channel).

But there's also CBS Newspath and CNN Newsource, to name two with whom I've shared stories. And then there are also independent feeds that provide packages to the stations and print publishers. Sometimes reporters get lazy and run as is without fact-checking. News reporting always comes down to one fundamental challenge "FACT CHECKING. " Some publishers do better, and some don't want to pay for additional time and personnel.

Your mother must be something else, because Jenifer Lewis is 🙂.  I thought the video she created was actually excellent.  I saw it on Facebook, but nowhere else, so I put it on YouTube -- hopefully they will not come after me 😉

As far as AP is concerned, my comment was in the context of Pioneer's dismissal of them as if they were a fake news source along the lines of the stuff we may find in our social media feed.

I heard in a speech a long time ago that if you are getting your news from a single source you are being lied to.  I would supplement that sentiment and say, "if you are getting your news from social media you are being lied to."

The consolidation in the media, the loss of local independent reporting, and the rise of web-based algorithms has created an environment in which we are more easily lied to.  As a former reporter @Mel Hopkins you may not appreciate that the average consumer does not really have to time, energy, inclination, or even ability to effectively fact check news sources. 

Today you have operations like Fox News, Alex Jones and Steven Bannon's decimating outright lies on stolen elections and Covid hoaxes which is easily and understandably believed by many consumers.

34 minutes ago, Troy said:

This is why you can't accept the fact there is only one human race. 

@Troy and @Pioneer1, I usually stay outta grown men business but I feel comfortable here to add my cents. 🤭

I know you're both intelligent so disregard anything remedial here.

Human is a species of Homo sapiens. Every person on the planet shares that classification. 

The concept of race as a social classification was started back in the 1700s...Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid, American Indian and Malayan. 

Racism has been a by-product of this ideology for several hundreds years now. 

The  US Census has racial categories. Human is not one of the boxes we get to check.😁

Ideally, it would be great if the Census form only had 2 boxes on the form, male or female. 

But wait...they're trying to expand that sh8t to include pronouns too.🤣😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troy said:

you may not appreciate that the average consumer does not really have to time, energy, inclination, or even ability to effectively fact check news sources. 

@Troy I do appreciate that the average news reader lacks interest in verifying what they read. I get it. What I don’t understand is why they consume what they don’t care about.  Late last week a family member tried to engage me with the news of Japan’s former prime minister’s assassination.  I stopped them.  I don’t have the bandwidth to invest time into getting myself up to speed.  I don’t follow politics outside of the U.S.  If it doesn’t originate here …I won’t mess with it.  I followed China (PRC) when I was flying  for United because it was my reserve Line of Flying.  Their policy was my need to know. I wasn’t trying to be anyone’s international incident lol!  Seriously though, i’ll never let anyone off the hook for not following up on what they read.  I have no patience for ignorance. 

14 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

....why they consume what they don’t care about.

It is the algorithmically driven feed that pushes content to people based upon what engages them.  They may not care about it, but the content has been determined to keep them engaged based upon their personal characteristics.  

It is not just the sophisticated social media feed.  I get an email all the time with click-baity subjects lines that I have sometimes have to resist clicking on.  There are websites running ads with the same characteristics -- you have to put blinders on.

I have patience for ignorance.  I must less patience for arrogant ignorance: people who refused to acknowledge they my not actually know something when it should be clear that there is information out there they are missing.

19 hours ago, ProfD said:

@Troy and @Pioneer1, I usually stay outta grown men business but I feel comfortable here to add my cent

Get involved that is the purpose of the forum!

Yes, I agree with what you wrote.  To clarify: there is no genetic basis for race.  Pioneer disagrees with this, as his eyes apparently tell him something different. 

Race, and it's evil spawn racism, are are social constructs.  It think everyone agrees on this, although Pioneer has asserted that racism goes back thousands of years.  I disagree with this as there is not evidence of it and Pioneer has not produced any when asked. 

52 minutes ago, Troy said:

Race, and it's evil spawn racism, are are social constructs.  It think everyone agrees on this, although Pioneer has asserted that racism goes back thousands of years. 

Many folks born within the past 100 years don't know race is a social construct because it isn't taught.  That would be antithetical to maintaining the system of white supremacy which is racism.

@Pioneer1, racism is only several hundred years old and counting.  It hasn't turned one thousand yet.😁

IMO, before and beyond the construct of race, people have always been ethnocentric.  That's how culture travels around the world. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 12:47 PM, Troy said:

A public service announcement from Truth Check, featuring Jenifer Lewis.

Truth Check was created by The Center for Black Health & Equity

What BS propaganda. “Truth.org”. That’s so Orwellian. We people talk this way you know they are part of a propaganda campaign.

16 hours ago, Troy said:

have patience for ignorance.  I must less patience for arrogant ignorance: people who refused to acknowledge they my not actually know something when it should be clear that there is information out there they are missing

How about people don’t have the proper algorithms to filter the information they are being given? The Bubblegum Wrapper Theory.

5 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

What BS propaganda. “Truth.org”. That’s so Orwellian.

Oh brother… @daniellegfny you continue to demonstrate an unwillingness to read. the site you posted wasn’t even mentioned. How do you feel so at ease slamming something you clearly did not checkout.

Arrogant ignorance on display.

Troy

There is your mistake my friend.  There are things that our senses are simply incapable of perceiving.  This is why you can't accept the fact there is only one human race.  You are going by what you eyes can see and what the culture has taught you and it is not serving you well. 

See, and that's one of the differences between FREE THINKERS and those who have been CONDITIONED/INDOCTRINATED by the Western Academic system!

Common sense DEMANDS that you go by and accept what you observe directly with your own senses.  
Sight
Hearing
Logic 

But schools and Universities in the West train people NOT to go by those senses and their direct observations....but instead go by and believe in "the data".  A bunch of information typed up on sheets of paper, or in a book, or figures in a computer that you have no way of verifying to determine how truthful or accurate it is!

This is one of the reasons why there are so many well educated people who are suffering from diseases and other problems both personal and social that they "can't" solve.  
They CAN solve them if they'd use DIRECT science instead of INDOCTRINATION science.

As far as AP is concerned, my comment was in the context of Pioneer's dismissal of them as if they were a fake news source along the lines of the stuff we may find in our social media feed.

See now Troy, I'm gonna have to do you like I do my bosses at work.
I have to find a way to handle you with kid gloves when I disagree...lol.

Did I SAY that the Associated Press were a "fake news" organizatioin?

Did I SAY that the Associated Press was the equivalent to social media.

But for the record......

While obviously not everything on social media is true, some of the MOST FACTUAL images and reporting has been done through social media!

For the past several years it's been SOCIAL MEDIA sources like Twitter and Facebook who have brought news and events directly to the public unfiltered where you can see what actually happened live.  Something most established media agencies stopped doing long ago.  Even "live" doesn't mean live anymore when it comes to CNN and Fox News.  They make SURE to edit certain content from the public and give themselves plenty of time to do so.

ProfD

Human is a species of Homo sapiens. Every person on the planet shares that classification. 

The concept of race as a social classification was started back in the 1700s...Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid, American Indian and Malayan. 

Racism has been a by-product of this ideology for several hundreds years now. 

I would argue that the belief that human beings are merely a "species" of a larger Homo Sapiens class is also a concept made up by Western scientists centuries ago also.

I believe there is a clear and unconnected distinction between human beings and the animal kingdom except for the ape which I believe was manufactured FROM US....not the other way around.

While the English word "race" may be relatively new seeing as how English itself is a relatively new language....the CONCEPT of racial categories among human beings certainly isn't new.

If you read the history of ancient India as well as ancient Egypt, they clearly saw themselves as distinct from their Caucasian invaders in terms of what we call "race" today.

Ethnicity is yet ANOTHER classification system that is usually a SUB-SET of race or in many cases OVERLAPS race but the two can't be compared.

The Yoruba and Igbo are two different ETHNIC GROUPS in Nigeria but they are part of the same RACE.

However the Yoruba are so different than the Swedes of Sweden that simply calling them a different "ethnic group" does a disservice to illustrating their differences.

ETHNICITY has more to do with CULTURE and CULTURAL LINEAGE while RACE has to do more with PHYSICAL TRAITS or PHENOTYPE.

Mel

Jennifer Lewis and my mother are one in the same lol. It's kind of scary.

Oh really.....
How old is your mother?

Btw. have you seen Chris Rock's mother Rose?

She's been doing a series of interviews since her son was smacked on that fateful night.

That woman is almost 80 years old but that mother is finer than a MUTHA....lol.

Chris Rock's Mother Reacts To Will Smith's Oscars Slap: "When You Hurt My  Child, You Hurt Me"

Chris Rock's mother Rosalie reacted to the incident with Will Smith at the  Oscar ceremony: "He hit us all" ⋆ Somag News

Chris Rock's mom reacts to Will Smith Oscars slap. Says 'when you hurt my  child, you hurt me' - Movies News

AND she's highly educated and very lady like in her demeanor.
I think she's a teacher or probably even a professor somewhere.

I might be decades her junior but I'd be PROUD to walk into any room with HER on my arm....lol

@Pioneer1, if there's a difference, the ape needs to start talking like Ceasar in "Planet of the Apes" instead of just scratching his head and picking ticks.🤣

A human being and an ape cannot reproduce anything. Some idiot has probably tried it. Different species. 

Surely, human beings can *see* the differences among themselves externally. But, there's a reason why we can procreate regardless of racial classification and ethnicity. Same species.

Race has been used to divide and conquer.  But, all human beings on the planet need the same things...food, clothing, shelter and love.😎

ProfD

I can't prove it but I'm of the suspicion that the ape is some sort of crossbreed between the human and monkey (tailed little monkey) that occurred THOUSANDS of years ago when human beings (Black humanity) was far more advanced and knew how to so it successfully.

Let us keep it mind that Western science is a BABY.
It's very immature and just because Western scientists are unable to cross breed certain species today (or won't admit to knowing it even if they ARE doing it secretly)...doesn't mean the ancient Black man/woman didn't have this knowledge before the Fall.

But again, this is a suspicion as I have no solid proof of this.

@Pioneer1, you can let that suspicion go my brotha.🤣

Scientists have been able to do a lot of sh8t over thousands of years but creating a lifeform out of thin air and/or successfully manipulating it has eluded them. They're constantly trying it.

IMO, the Supreme Being would NEVER give human beings its own and greatest power. We'd destroy ourselves even faster. 😎

ProfD

Well cross breeding a human with a monkey or any other animal isn't "creating" life.  
The life is already there and has been created.

It's just being combined or spliced or manipulated.

Like they say about energy.
They say it's neither created nor destroyed by TRANSFORMED and manipulated.

Unless they're hiding *it*, scientists haven't successfully manipulated genetics to the point of being able to cross-breed and/or clone anything to the point of significant viability.

image.thumb.png.bc631fc5f388304b1c28ca5782b318cc.png

This is the kinda sh8t scientists come up with while monkeying around with genetics.😁

Human beings dont have to be smart in order to come up with cross-eyed or retarded offspring. Procreate too close to home. No science required.🤣😎

ProfD

There are some schools of thought....closely related to but not exactly the same as the Nation of Islam....who believe that White people were GIVEN control over much of this planet thousands of years ago for them to rule it for a set period of time.
And thus with that control they were also given a limited amount of knowledge with which to rule and enforce their power.

However, instead of believing that ALL White folks are walking around with this knowledge as if that homeless drug addict you pass by everyday is up to par with the latest projects CERN is involved in...lol 
It would be more accurate to say that the RULING CLASS of the White race were given this knowledge.

It's also believed that everything those rulers of White civilization know TODAY....they knew THOUSANDS of years ago but just didn't release it to the public but kept that knowledge to themselves and disseminated it in bits and pieces on a "need to know basis".

I say that to say, we really don't know what or how much the White Racists actually know or can do....until they break out and actually do it.  Then we are amazed at what they were able to accomplished.
I wouldn't put anything pass them.

@Pioneer1, I've heard those assertions that white folks were given control and power.

I don't believe the Supreme Being favored them over every other group of people. 

I think it's simpler. White folks take power by any means necessary. They have proven to be the most evil and destructive group of people on the planet. 

The sh8t that Vlady Putin is doing right now is proof positive of how white folks get down. Violence,  bloodshed and death.

When it comes to white folks, no option is off the table when it comes to seizing, exercising or maintaining power over the entire planet. 😎