Biden Makes America Unaffordable For Blacks

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

Inflation is making it harder for ALL Americans to survive.

Neither side of the political aisle is doing much to stop it. Probably because most politicians are already rich.😎

With Trump we didn’t have this inflation. Also I am thinking about all those poor people who bought Biden’s line “You ain’t Black is you aren’t voting 🗳 for me.” 

My final point is the observation that when White America catches a cold, the Black community gets COVID!

Daniel

No.
That's because during Trump's admnistration the nation was on lock-down and half the population wasn't working.
Infact, hundreds of thousands were dropping dead.

We didn't have inflation but we DID have race riots and racist White men marching around threatening people.

Wanna bring THAT bag if he promises to bring the price of bacon down?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 9:33 AM, Pioneer1 said:

That's because during Trump's admnistration the nation was on lock-down and half the population wasn't working.
Infact, hundreds of thousands were dropping dead.

Propaganda. I am still here and you are still here. I worked through the entire scamdemic. They are trying to lock 🔒 us down again.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:33 AM, Pioneer1 said:

We didn't have inflation but we DID have race riots and racist White men marching around threatening people.

You are either color blind or can’t count. Those were Black folks tearing up the urban centers.

7 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Propaganda. I am still here and you are still here. I worked through the entire scamdemic. They are trying to lock 🔒 us down again.

I'd be curious to know what you think about how they came up with 1 million dead folks and more than 1/2 of them under the former POTUS. 😎

@Delano Twin, check me if I’m wrong.

But finance experts report the drivers of inflation is too much money chasing too few goods,  a hot job market- (unemployment rate is 3.6 and US economy added 372000 jobs, high wages (hourly earnings rose 10 cents to $32.08 according to the July Jobs report) the strong dollar causing certain markets to rally AND gas prices are down.   -

@daniellegfny do you actually follow financial markets?  Because if you did, you know now is the time to get rid of personal credit debt. The fed’s rate hike is to cool the economy and prevent a recession.  Living above our means  makes  it difficult for any American to live comfortably.  

We are not in a recession -and inflation is tied to the consumer market.  Biden can’t control our consumerism - no president can but at least he is working to keep folks employed.

By the way, as with most republican presidents, 45 created the least amount jobs than any other president in recent history.  If you’re self-employed, you may not care about employment numbers.  But remember, unless you’re a multimillionaire living off investments, you also need a strong jobs market In order to get paid too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Delano Twin, check me if I’m wrong

No and once again you bring facts to the discussion.

The easiest way to understand the relationship is to think of money as something you buy. 

If demand is high so is the price. Interest is the price of money.

Money is one product where the value is less than the price which is due to its utility. International trade of commodities are in USD. China is pushing to supplant athe dollar with their currency. Which I believe is the yuan.

I thought they might be successful. However now I am less sure.

I agree have some understanding of the how the Financial Markets operate and the products would be a useful first step in investing. Otherwise it becomes speculation or gambling. However I am not licensed to give financial advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ProfD I studied Accounting in Undergrad and Finance, in Grad School for most of my career I worked in Financial Services.

It's important to realise that there are some really sharp people investing. 

People that haven't seen the market go down, think they are the captain of finance.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

do you actually follow financial markets?  Because if you did, you know now is the time to get rid of personal credit debt. The fed’s rate hike is to cool the economy and prevent a recession.  Living above our means  makes  it difficult for any American to live comfortably.  

You are a taxi 🚕 driver. The rate hikes will only deepen the recession. There was not too much money in the economy. This inflation was caused by the increase in gas prices and the stifling of production caused by government intervention. 

If you can’t pay for your transportation to work or food, what makes you think you won’t actually default on credit obligations? 

39 minutes ago, Delano said:

I studied Accounting in Undergrad and Finance in Grad School for most of my career I worked in Financial Services.

@ProfD, yes! In fact,  I called on this part of @Delano's  "essence" to help me with my cursory finance knowledge.  

I've kept my debt at 0 for the last few quarters. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. It was hard not to see the signs. 

Also Google's CEO said they are slowing hiring. I bet this is in response to the Consumer Price Index report released today. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of major corporations follow them.

Gas prices are down now so that's not factored into the report but rent is rising -- so those who are paying rent are feeling the pinch.  Sadly, local governments were too slow to act on rent gouging properties...My municipal government put an ordinance on the books to prevent hedge funds from buying up single homes trapping families into a cycle of renting without a chance to own.

As I always say, VOTE, because all politics is local. 

26 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

You are a taxi 🚕 driver.

Don't you mean, "I AM A Taxi Driver"...

Ok that's just creepy.

And I can tell you're out of your depth both financially and grammatically - you've just used a subjective personal  pronoun as the subject of a sentence that referenced someone outside of yourself.  Do you get a script to post these messages. 🤮

• Thanks 1

Maybe if blacks didnt elect to have babies they cant take care of and then blow a boat load of money on tattoo’s and other silly things. biden would make America affordable to Blacks. 
by the way, why should a president make something affordable to just blacks? The problems in the black community are Self Inflicted.

Buy and hold is a better strategy than day trading for the small investor. Unless you using financial models , statistics. Wall Street firms and hedge funds use program trading and have literally hired rocket scientists , statiscians and mathematicians. That's your competition as an investor.

As a general rule i try to ignore ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delano said:

I studied Accounting in Undergrad and Finance, in Grad School for most of my career I worked in Financial Services.

It's important to realise that there are some really sharp people investing. 

People that haven't seen the market go down, think they are the captain of finance.

@Delano,  based on the knowledge you have shared here, I figured as much regarding your background.  Excellent.👍🏿

No doubt, there are very sharp people out here playing the game and winning in a major way. 

The checkers players putting their chips on the Chessboard are just in the way.🤣😎

• Thanks 1

Checker players would be advised not to try and play chess in the market.

The smarter play as the small investor is choosing a niche that the big players can't engage because of their size. Small capitalised firms and companies that aren't followed by analysts.

Mutual funds are another option. If you now statistics you can allocate your funds across mutual funds and get a higher return than any of the funds in your portfolio. You simply have to choose funds that aren't correlated and combine their price deviations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Delano said:

Buy and hold is a better strategy than day trading for the small investor.

I used to call myself a "day-trader" but I was actually just shopping, holding and then selling when I felt the bottom was about to drop out.  I like your term better "Small Investor".  I just started buying private equity shares.  Now, I want to learn to find out if I can make that my new business.

6 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

just started buying private equity shares.  Now, I want to

This is definitely niche. If you been investing in this segment and you didn't go broke you have an A game. Since there is less public information available. This is where having a good nose is invaluable.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Don't you mean, "I AM A Taxi Driver".

Wrong it was supposed to be you aren’t a taxi driver so you don’t realize the effects the Biden Hikes are causing the Black Community.

@Greg That’s such a BS trope. How you could even form your fingers to type such nonsense is embarrassing 😳.

13 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Wrong it was supposed to be you aren’t a taxi driver so you don’t realize the effects the Biden Hikes are causing the Black Community.

No president including President Biden makes or raises rates.  THE FEDERAL RESERVE controls the rate hikes

Here is the background. https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/structure-federal-reserve-board.htm#:~:text=The Board of Governors--,positions by the U.S. Senate.

"The Board of Governors--located in Washington, D.C.--is the governing body of the Federal Reserve System. It is run by seven members, or "governors," who are nominated by the President of the United States and confirmed in their positions by the U.S. Senate. The Board of Governors guides the operation of the Federal Reserve System to promote the goals and fulfill the responsibilities given to the Federal Reserve by the Federal Reserve Act.

All of the members of the Board serve on the FOMC, which is the body within the Federal Reserve that sets monetary policy.

Board Appointment

Each member of the Board of Governors is appointed for a 14-year term; the terms are staggered so that one term expires on January 31 of each even-numbered year. After serving a full 14-year term, a Board member may not be reappointed. If a Board member leaves the Board before his or her term expires, however, the person nominated and confirmed to serve the remainder of the term may later be appointed to a full 14-year term.

The Chair and Vice Chair of the Board are also appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate, but serve only four-year terms. They may be reappointed to additional four-year terms. The nominees to these posts must already be members of the Board or must be simultaneously appointed to the Board."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

No president including President Biden makes raises rates.  THE FEDERAL RESERVE controls the rate hikes

Right.  Another example of how a democracy works. 

Of course, from an economic perspective, capitalism is the driver. 

A capitalistic society has to take the bitter with the sweet. 😎

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Delano said:

Since there is less public information available. This is where having a good nose is invaluable.

@Delano, One of my first clients introduce to me to the private equity market. I'm working on his equity crowdfunding campaign from the product marketing angle. I'm also reading a "The Private Equity Playbook" by Adam Coffey.  You're correct.  It is absolutely tricky.  I have a nose for news so it helps me to do the market research.  I research the product(s) but also the product's utility. I look for licensing potential and who else might be in the market for a similar product.  It is exciting to me because I'm out of my depth here lol! 

@Mel Hopkins that's a savvy move, I believe Warren Buffett has a similar approach. He goes to the mall and observes what products people purchase.

The other cool thing is because it's a private company your wealth isn't public knowledge.

28 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

It is exciting to me because I'm out of my depth here lol! 

I reckon you're in your element.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delano said:

People post something that is wrong in response to someone else's query. For some reason these individuals seem unaware of the facts. I will be extra vigilant with what I say.

Brotha @Delano, your posts are not intended to mislead or deceive others. Extra vigilance isn't necessary but clearly your call.

OTOH, those who post non-factual information or ignore the facts may have an ulterior motive.  They are the flies and mosquitoes at the BBQ. 😁😎

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

Brotha @Delano, your posts are not intended to mislead or deceive others

It's not just about being wrong, but acting righteous feeling that you are the teacher. So my approach is even when I am almost certain that I am right, I consider the possibility that I could be wrong. 

I don't think many people are doing these things intentionally they just are lacking awareness and\or self reflection.

However thanks for the Love. 

I have been working on communicating and writing, some of what I posted is almost unreadable due to grammar and being intentionally cryptic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

No president including President Biden makes or raises rates.  THE FEDERAL RESERVE controls the rate hikes

You are still operating in their paradigm of incomplete analysis. The Biden Hike doesn’t refer to the Federal Reserve Rate Hike although it is clearly there is no real independence when ideology is in alignment. The BH is a reference to the Reality Tax the Biden policies inflict upon the American people. 

By continuing his relentless efforts to destroy the oil and gas industry, he has imposed a defacto tax that has a multiplier effect on the economy. The Republicans and Democrats who point to Monetary Policy as a solution are wrong. Fed Rate hikes will only make things worse. 

You will hear “conservatives” say that too much money has entered the system hence they now need to remove it from the system. That doesn’t take into consideration the global and virtual nature of the market place. 

Forced restrictions on production is what is the real cause of the shortage of goods. This is what gives the illusion of too many dollars chasing after too few goods. This is why we had prosperity with Trump and scarcity under the heel of Biden.

Things have gotten so bad people are running out of gas on the roads and have resorted to stealing gas ⛽️. It also needs to emphasize the only .19¢ out of each stimulus dollar went directly to the American people. They are trying to ensnare the American people culpability for the thievery they the Politicians enabled the wealthy and criminal elements of perform.

6 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

They are trying to ensnare the American people culpability for the thievery they the Politicians enabled the wealthy and criminal elements of perform.

Finally something on which we agree.😁😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

The Biden Hike doesn’t refer to the Federal Reserve Rate Hike although it is clearly there is no real independence when ideology is in alignment. The BH is a reference to the Reality Tax the Biden policies inflict upon the American people. 

You made the false equivalence statement the topic of this thread. You wrote, "Biden makes America unaffordable for Blacks," then attributed it to the federal reserve rate and inflation. Both of these statements are false. 

So let me help you with your "argument" - Somehow, you got it in your head - 45's policies are better for Black Americans. If this is your statement - then you sound like a member of CULT 45.  

Let me share with you how government works. We elect people to work for us. We don't need to love them or even like them. They aren't our friends. We hire them for what they know and how their knowledge will benefit us. And as my mom says, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating and tasting." 

When 45* took office, Black Americans were finally doing well financially, physically, and in some cases, mentally -thanks to the policies of The Obama Administration. By the end of Trump's criminal enterprise masquerading as a presidential, Black Americans were once again circling the drain in all areas where the Obama Administration helped us gain. I grew up in NYC, and I know Trump was never a statesman or a legislator. -His business practices are shady -and he makes money by running businesses into the ground. He exploited social programs earmarked for the impoverished to enrich himself and his friends. One such program is the so-called opportunity zone. In Georgia, Sean Hannity helped himself to Opportunity Zone property thanks to his connection to then HUD Secretary Ben Carson.  

"Hannity, a former talk-radio host in Atlanta who has become one of the nation's most popular television and radio conservative commentators, has amassed a real-estate portfolio worth about $90 million, most of it rental homes in Georgia and six other states. HUD, the agency that Carson now heads, guaranteed about $22 million in loans on two of Hannity's apartment complexes in Georgia."

Provide proof of how 45* policies helped Black people - if not. I'll consider this topic "false" and moot. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

You made the false equivalence statement the topic of this thread. You wrote, "Biden makes America unaffordable for Blacks," then attributed it to the federal reserve rate and inflation. Both of these statements are false

Biden is responsible. You made assumptions and assessments. Which have nothing to do with my statements. Biden caused inflation by causing Gas Prices to rise. That hurts Black people. If you want to be in denial that’s you. It doesn’t change reality. 

When 45* took office, Black Americans were finally doing well financially, physically, and in some cases, mentally -thanks to the policies of The Obama Administration

Obamacare was a horrible policy for working class people on the cusp of breaking out poverty. It placed an invisible choke collar on aspirations. Deregulation and the tax cuts are what boosted the economy. 

Provide proof of how 45* policies helped Black people - if not. I'll consider this topic "false" and moot

If you don’t see how lower Black Unemployment helps Black people stay delusional.

1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

Biden caused inflation by causing Gas Prices to rise.

Wait a minute...they claimed the Russia/Ukraine conflict caused gas prices to rise.🤭

POTUS can relax federal gas tax and ask Saudi Arabia, er, OPEC to open the spigot. 😁😎

1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

Biden is responsible. You made assumptions and assessments. Which have nothing to do with my statements. Biden caused inflation by causing Gas Prices to rise. That hurts Black people. If you want to be in denial that’s you. It doesn’t change reality. 

Obamacare was a horrible policy for working class people on the cusp of breaking out poverty. It placed an invisible choke collar on aspirations. Deregulation and the tax cuts are what boosted the economy. 

If you don’t see how lower Black Unemployment helps Black people stay delusional.

Delusion: 1a: something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated

WHERE’S YOUR EVIDENCE! 

WHERE ARE THE FACTS,  FIGURES,  DATES, EXECUTIVE ORDERS, LEGISLATION that will support your assumption?, 

Surprise me with something factual.  So far all you have is another a baseless opinion.  

4 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Sadly Twin, you’re right.  Folks are letting Fox media do their thinking. 

Your response was predictable and incorrect. When you have other media censoring and suppressing search results you provide the information from where it is accessible. Fox was not the only source given. But, knee jerkers like you who are incapable of dealing with your own limitations try to overlook and hide the data which when presented can be verified by other sources in terms of its historical accuracy. 

Once it has been established when and what events took place, debate over their  significance and interpretation can take place. Let’s look at the timeline provided and then we take it from there. 😁

Try the Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/06/what-is-causing-inflation-janet-yellen-jerome-powell/661237/

NPR https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/03/09/974841565/heres-whats-in-the-american-rescue-plan-as-it-heads-toward-final-passage

The ap news https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-joe-biden-keystone-pipeline-canada-environment-and-nature-141eabd7cca6449dfbd2dab8165812f2

Reuters https://www.reuters.com/business/environment/bidens-new-climate-orders-include-pause-federal-oil-gas-leasing-sources-2021-01-26/

I guess all these people let Fox News do there thinking for them. Your arrogance blinds you to the truth. Your pride won’t let you admit you have been duped.

What’s fun is that by saying my statement is false you are saying Rate Hikes and Inflation are Helping Black People @Mel Hopkins silly rabbit 🐇 you need to look 👀 before you jump down some holes  🕳 

10 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

“No one is as smart as all of us!”

I was thinking of visionaries, that look at world yet see something everyone else misses.

If I am on a deserted island, I'd rather having George Washington Carver than the entire population of New York City. There is always quality in quantity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delano said:

I was thinking of visionaries, that look at world yet see something everyone else misses.

Yes. I tend to believe someone is always on the cusp of dropping science.

Now I see those days are long gone.  Many have given up their power. 

It is clear a lot of people want to be stupid.  

“When  people show you who they are believe them.”  

I’ll add “when people display their “aggressive ignorance,”   step back,  stop talking. 

513B6B22-05E2-42A8-8D1A-A6D2BD5DA463.jpeg

Coggins

They NEED to lock society down again; and FOR REAL this time.
Not just some half-ass closing a few hardware stores and restaurants while the Menards and Targets stay open.

I'm hearing from co-workers and friends who say they have family members who caught the virus and are ill.  People are STILL getting sick and dying from this mess by the thousands....it's just not being reported on anymore.

You are either color blind or can’t count. Those were Black folks tearing up the urban centers.

What it's like on the ground during riots in Minneapolis over  African-American man George Floyd's death - ABC News

This is a photo of the crowd of rioters in 2020 Minneapolis.
Looks like mostly a bunch of young White kids looking for some action, to me.

Infact....
According to the feds; a lot of right-wing groups like the Boogaloo Boys and others that I mentioned earlier actually PARTICIPATED in a lot of the civil disturbances around the country trying to instigate a civil war.

Feds: Far-Right ‘Boogaloo Bois’ Member Fired AK-47 At Minneapolis Police Station, Yelled ‘Justice For Floyd!’ (forbes.com)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

They NEED to lock society down again; and FOR REAL this time..

I'm hearing from co-workers and friends who say they have family members who caught the virus and are ill.  People are STILL getting sick and dying from this mess by the thousands....it's just not being reported on anymore.

The experiment to control entire populations using a virus outbreak was successful. 

Spread fear. Check. Pause economy.  Check.  Force vaccination. Check.

Now, we're in the learning how to live with it phase.

They're not going to let the economy  tank over thousands of dead people.

Besides, sick and dying folks are good for business just like crime. Checkmate. 😎