Why are Black Women becoming so Violent?

Were our black women always this damn violent? Its really getting out of control and makes black women look very bad. Black women not only commit violent assaults but also murder and armed robbery MUCH MORE than any other race. Again, this is fact.  One just needs to look at recent video footage and news articles, its absolutely insane. Black women are angry, scary, and vicious. Its the black culture and lack of family values, structure, and poor impulse contol.

23 hours ago, ProfD said:

Where I come from, AfroAmerican men appreciate women with an edge of aggression or more.

It's great to have a woman who's got your back and/or can hold her own if sh8t goes sideways.😎

you have got to be kidding me !!!! You think black women being violent is a good thing?? Violent black women reinforces ignorance and poor impulse control. There is absolutely nothing femanine about a violent black women. Such a turn off !

The Greg project is played out. It has become predictable and boring. You know it's a bust when somebody as argumentative as I am has lost interest in sparring with him. 😴  i'll leave Greg to those who still get a kick out of squelching him.  

ProfD

It took me a while to understand that Black women are just highly emotional PERIOD.

If they are angry...they tend to be VERY angry.
But when they are happy and in love....they are the best lovers and the happiest.

Emotions are energy, and our people are FULL of energy.
It just has to be directed properly.

Unfortunately, those high emotions are being transferred to black male offspring.   

As a result, there's a bunch of sensitive azz dudes running around incapable of solving problems using logic and reason. They're making irrational decisions based on how they feel.

Now, we've got black men running around snotting and crying when they're upset.

Some of these dudes are physical specimens...athletes. Reduced to tears.

Will Smith just made an apology video for the slap seen and heard around the world. 

N8gglets please stop it with the tears and other gross displays of emotion. 😎

• Thanks 1

ProfD

Absolutely it's raising an entire generation of sissified overly emotional men.

I'm seeing so many young men who are petty and hyper-emotional like women.  
Rolling their eyes and being "catty" over the most mild of things like who didn't speak to them in the morning.

They are obviously learning this mess from their mothers and don't have any (or enough) real men in their childhood to serve as proper role models.

Niggaz all on television CRYING and snotting.
All on CNN and other news channels crying and bawling over being mistreated in Target or Walmart or at an amusement park.

And one of the worse things about this is no matter how much a man ACTS like a woman...most men will STILL treat him like another man, including most cops.
They think if they start acting catty and hyper emotional like women do the cop will treat THEM the same way they treat his mother or sister and let him scream and yell and slap all over him and just ignore it..... and end up finding out the hard way.

The pussification of men in American society is very real and happening before our very eyes.

Discipline has been stripped away from men. They've been convinced that it's wrong to spank their children.

Everybody deserves a trophy or a participation certificate no matter how weak or sorry they are when it comes to being competitive. 

Men who cannot compete against other men in sports are now getting sex changes and competing against women. Of course *s/he's* going to win. Still physically a man.

Males with too few strong male role models are especially susceptible to becoming soft emotionally. 

It's by design under this system that black men will be the most compromised no matter how strong they look. Buck breaking. 😎

• Thanks 1

@ProfDI hear black men making this arguments all the time.  And i question them as I will question you.  Could you be turned into an effeminate male if an attempt was made to do so to you? Nobody or thing can turn someone into something they do not already have tendencies to be.  Gender does not automatically coincide with genitals at this stage in human development.  it's about how the brain is wired. Clothing and other superficial trappings are neutral. They are just inanimate material and do not affect an individual's core personality. Tradition dictates what males and females wear. Trends dictate style.   Not all males are athletic or macho,  If anything is forced upon them it's the idea that this should be the case. The flamboyance of black men is in their DNA and doesn't have to be a part of a conspiracy.

The collective consciousness to make life easier for children than it was for their parents wields a lot of influence.  This accounts for endowing children with an inflated sense of self esteem and the need to reward mediocrity.  Men are separated from the boys when they enter the real world and, as has always been the case, the strong survive.

Meanwhile, the agenda of Liberal Democrats advocates for the inclusion and acceptance of those who are "different".  Conservatives want to exclude those who do not conform to their "norm". And so it goes.  

• Like 1

@Cynique, to answer your question...nobody could turn me into an effeminate male. That's not the case I'm making here.

The whole idea that it's OK for men to cry and express their feelings at the drop of a dime or the belief that everybody's a winner is BS.

A battlefield full of men wouldn't be allowed to sit around crying and "feeling some kinda way" because someone said or did something they didn't like. Man up. 

I'm noticing in TV commercials that they're quick to show gay black men overtly expressing displays of affection. I wonder why they don't show gay white men in the same manner. 

Obviously, when I was growing up, things were different. Some might even consider it hyper-masculine and chauvinistic. We take great pride in being men. 

While there have always been soft dudes; gay and effeminate dudes too, they didn't get the same passes as today.

Masculinity is under attack especially for AfroAmerican men. White men are letting it ride because their position of strength is secure in the grand scheme of things. 

The last thing the system wants to see is strong black men. Especially if strength encourages unity. Unstoppable force.😎

ProfD

The pussification of men started in the 70s after the major riots and rebellions of the 60s.
The powers that be recognized that young men were the fuel that fed the revolution and potential to overturn the system so they immediately worked on effeminizing and castrating as many males as possible.

They did this not only through the educational institutions but along with the vaccination programs and chemicals in the foods that lower the testosterone rate and sperm count.

Dr. Tyrone Hayes and Dr. Wesley Muhammad have done extensive research on this.

One point I would say is that it IS natural and common for Black men to CRY more than White men, simply because as a race we have stronger emotions and crying is simply a display of EXTREME emotion.

People cry when they're HAPPY and ANGRY as well, not just when they're feeling sad or helpless.

We used to warn White boys who came to our mostly Black schools that when they got into it with a Black boy and he started crying and shedding tears...be careful, lol. That's not always a sign that he's gonna run away....LOL.

I've seen bruthas start crying right BEFORE opening fire on some other people.

Cynique

The flamboyance of black men is in their DNA and doesn't have to be a part of a conspiracy.

"Flamboyance" is a poor choice of words.

Extreme confidence, swag, or even arrogance would have been better to describe the natural personality of most Black males.

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

A battlefield full of men wouldn't be allowed to sit around crying and "feeling some kinda way" because someone said or did something they didn't like. Man up. 

@ProfDYou've obviously never been around veterans in the throes of post traumatic stress caused by seeing their buddies blown to bits and holding back the tears.  Have you ever seen surviving veterans weeping at the Viet Nam memorial wall, after having run their hands over the engraved name of a fallen comrade.  Tears are not a sign of weakness. they are a human reaction, to tragedy in particular. 

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

We take great pride in being men. 

This is a myth perpetuated by men.  There is a reason why the female of the species is the one that goes through child birth. LoL

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

I wonder why they don't show gay white men in the same manner. 

Television is saturated with white gay men in both sit-coms and talk shows and as the other half of an interracial gay couples in commercials. 

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

he last thing the system wants to see is strong black men. Especially if strength encourages unity. Unstoppable force

They fear black brain  power more than black brawn and bluster. 

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

"Flamboyance" is a poor choice of words.

Extreme confidence, swag, or even arrogance would have been better to describe the natural personality of most Black males.

@Pioneer1Dating back to the days of the Cake Walk and minstrels and the Zoot suits during the 1940s black men have been peacocks. I guess you had your eyes closed during the bellbottoms and platform shoes and huge afros era or the colorful hip hop garb and the flashy  disco attire, not to mention the grills and bling rappers sported. Your image of black men is over-rated wishful thinking. 

Men and women will typically disagree along the lines we see here.  I tended to agree with Prof and Pioneer for most of my adult life, but we were reared in America and are from the same generation.  As a kid, if I cried while getting whipped my mother would whip me longer and tell me that she'd give me something to cry about. My mother also told me if someone hit you you better hit them back, harder -- I don't care how much bigger they are than you.

She was old school, and she raised me in a way people raised boys back then -- Don't let anyone one punk you, and you better not let me see you cry.  Buy today's standards that might be considered child abuse 🙂.  But it is how men were raised.  

My own children (girls) have never been in a fight. I don't think anyone my age (especially men) escaped childhood without being in several fights or even catching a real beatdown.  

This is why Will Smith's slapping of Chris Rock actually angered me -- and I usually could care less about the shit celebrities do.  What Will did to Chris was a profoundly offensive --  bitching slapping a man in public.  My gut instinct would have been kick Will's ass or die trying.

Today I the best reaction was exactly what Chris did.  I imagine if Chris started weeping that would have been acceptable, by today's standards, too.  Chris is from my generation so I know his reaction and composure took a lot of heart.  I know some men considered Chris weak, but I disagree.

Today we live in a different world; we have little need for "real" men.  Todays "warriors" drop bombs from drones they control with a joy stick from some trailer out west.  What few real gladiators we have now can play football or box, but these sports are being frowned upon because too many men are getting hurt.

Men are indeed different from women.  I do feel that the culture is trying make men and women that same. I think this is wrong.  We should use our resources to understand those differences rather than making believe none exist.

One simple and easily observable difference is that men are stronger than women.  Of course there are some women who are stronger than some men, but on average men are physically stronger.  This fact makes a difference in how men and women behave and the roles they might place in a culture. 

In 2022 technology has rendered the need for physical strength obsolete, but this change is brand new compared to he 100's of thousands or years humans have been on earth.  Our genetics and attitudes will not change over night.

Maybe it is technology that has "pussified" men. Maybe some men see women exerting equal rights as a treat.  Maybe some men do not like effeminate, gay, or any aspect of manhood that does not conform to the traditional standard of manhood elevated in any way.

Men are different than women and those difference should be explored and understood in the context of a modern society rather trying to make men the same a women.  Men will always reject that -- even if they can not articulate, or understand, exactly why.  

Women, on the other hand, don't seem to mind making men the same as women.  This may be another manifestation of our differences.  More likely women see these changes as getting the same benefits, rights, opportunities men get, something they deserve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Cynique, surely, I've seen men cry for many reasons. It Is a human emotion.

But, this encouragement of men to be more sensitive and believing it's OK to cry for anything is BS. 

@Troy, great post.  Chris Rock handled that situation like a real G on several levels. Will acted like a real b8tch on as many levels.😎

1 hour ago, Troy said:

My gut instinct would have been kick Will's ass or die trying.

Chris was about to fire on Will Smith but didn't, notice he didn't drop his cue card. Which tells me he can fight.

What does it mean to be a real man or a real women, and have those ideals served us well?

Troy

I got into plenty of fights in school....and out...lol....when I was  a kid.  As did most boys in our neighborhood.
I can't lie and say it was the "old days" when guns didn't come into the picture because kids were bringing guns to school and killing eachother even back then, but no where on the level of today.

I don't remember the last time I saw two boys fighting outside of a school or anywhere else.

I see more GIRLS fighting and running in and out of conflict than anything else.  It seems as if the boys go from 0 to 60 in a couple seconds with no build up in between.

Women, on the other hand, don't seem to mind making men the same as women.  This may be another manifestation of our differences.  More likely women see these changes as getting the same benefits, rights, opportunities men get, something they deserve.

And this is one of the reasons I find myself drawn more and more to FOREIGN women from places like Africa and Asia.

Not only do THEY act mild and meek like traditional women, which I find attractive...but they seem to still like traditionally masculine men.  Men who look and act like men and don't wish to have a man who wants to be a woman.

Cynique

Television is saturated with white gay men in both sit-coms and talk shows and as the other half of an interracial gay couples in commercials. 

But unlike Black men...there are enough images of TRADITIONAL MASCULINE White men to offset any weak and effeminate images being put out.

Sissy acting gay White men are still considered FRINGES and FREAKS who dwell on the outskirts of mainstream White society, while homosexuality and effeminate men are being pushed today as a normal part of AfroAmerican culture. 

Dating back to the days of the Cake Walk and minstrels and the Zoot suits during the 1940s black men have been peacocks. I guess you had your eyes closed during the bellbottoms and platform shoes and huge afros era or the colorful hip hop garb and the flashy  disco attire, not to mention the grills and bling rappers sported. Your image of black men is over-rated wishful thinking. 

Black men have always been STYLISTIC and up on the latest fashions and endowed with creativity.
I remember going to the barbershop and seeing Black pimps getting their nails done and shellacked along with their haircuts and facials...and they were among the most masculine of men.

We've NEVER had a problem or saw a conflict in expressing our sense of style.

But when you use the word "flamboyant" to describe a man TODAY...althought technically it means stylish and loud...in the ears of most people it suggests an effeminate homosexual quality.

Today that word is almost exclusively used to describe an open and bragging effeminate homosexual man.

Which is why I didn't say it was wrong, but simply a poor CHOICE of words.

14 hours ago, Delano said:

What does it mean to be a real man or a real women, and have those ideals served us well?

I would say that the ideal real man and real woman have served us well because through procreation they insure the continuation of our existence as human beings.  😎

• Thanks 1

It's EASY for someone who is living comfortably in an ALREADY ESTABLISHED society that was built and is being protected primarily by men who DO hold those traditional masculine values like most construction workers, firemen, police officers, ect....
You don't DIRECTLY see the need for traditionally masculine men.

But if society was to break down and you needed people to build immediate shelter and defend the community against wild animals and wild people....THEN you will immediately wish for as many traditionally masculine men as you can and side-eye most men who don't fit that role regulating them as useless and in the way.

@Pioneer1 I see plenty of black men in traditional and tough guy roles on TV dramas, as guests on talk shows  and in movies - the way they appear in real life, where they run the gamut in types, - they don't all have swag or are cool and  arrogant.   Just like all black women are not loud and feisty and aggressive! 

45 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

FOREIGN women from places like Africa and Asia.

Not only do THEY act mild and meek like traditional women, which I find attractive...but they seem to still like traditionally masculine men.

Ignoring the generalization about African women, men traditionally paid all the bills giving women the time to play their “traditional” role like minding the kids and maintain the household.

Those days are over, as in many households everybody has to work including the kids. Kinda hard to be “mild and meek” when you are providing, often most, of the family’s financial support.

• Like 2

Troy

Ignoring the generalization about African women, men traditionally paid all the bills giving women the time to play their “traditional” role like minding the kids and maintain the household.

Those days are over, as in many households everybody has to work including the kids. Kinda hard to be “mild and meek” when you are providing, often most, of the family’s financial support.

Things are changing with most African women as well as all over the planet, however there are still HEAVY TRACES of traditional masculinity and femininity among African men and women respectively that haven't been erased with modern Westernization.

Yeah both sexes may have to work but that is only ONE aspect of the traditional roles of men and women, while some are disrupted many others have remained.
The man is still the head, the disciplinarian, even the one who drives the family around in most cases....lol.

Most of the women are still mild mannered compared to most American women of any race and are less confrontational.  At my job there are quite a few Africans and I can tell most African women to come over and sit down or leave something alone and they actually do it without looking at me like "You ain't my Daddy".  I generally don't even try it with an American woman, but most African women readily comply with the directives of most men on the jobs and we've noticed this and found it attractive.

Cynique

I see plenty - WAIT!

--YOU see--

You may SEE some Black men in those roles but:

1. Your PERCEPTION isn't necessarily congruent with REALITY.

Showing SOME Black men in traditional tough guy roles while showing MOST of them as sissies, weirdos, and babbling buffoons and criminals is far worse than showing no Black men at all.

2. Also, when we talk about "tough guy" roles....are we also including convicts and prison movies?
Because that's where a lot of Black male actors are featured in.

Hollywood allows Black men to express their toughness in a NEGATIVE fashion in roles like thugs, gangsters, criminals, prison inmates, and other negative images.
It helps promote racism and racial stereotypes.

It tells the White woman "Yeah, he may be more masculine but he's also demonic and no good for you either."

The only positive traditional tough guy role that a Black man is playing on television that I'm thinking of right now is the character "Morgan" on Fear The Walking Dead.

I've been watching a lot more TV lately usually a couple of hours in the evening streamlining movies and the TV Series and a couple of the HBO talk shows like Bill Maher or John Oliver. I don't watch any commercial TV -- the commercials just get on my nerves.

I have to say I tend to agree with Pioneer on the portrayal of Black men. here too the opinion is probably a biased due to gender.  It seems to me that strong positive Black men are disproportionately underrepresented on the ole boob tube. 

Another thing I noticed is that interracial couples are over represented in comparison with Black couples. 

Again Black men may be more sensitive to these things. I imagine someone has collected data on these things; maybe it is something that can be looked up.

• Thanks 1

Troy

I think people are sensitive to things that go against THEIR self interests.

While Black men may be sensitive to the lack of adequate representation of straight masculine Black males in the media, Black women tend to be sensitive and observant of the number of Black men they see walking around in public with White women even if we point out that the number of Black men with Black women FAR outweighs the ones with White women....lol.

Although I haven't watched the shows I've seen a lot of advertisement about various new drag queen shows that will air and it seems to me the number of Black men are OVER REPRESENTED in that genre.

When it comes to "Christian" movies on the Hallmark Channel or adventurers on the Discovery Channel....Black men are conspicuously absent; but in almost every drag queen show you seem to have a good representation of FLAMBOYANT (now we can use the word Cynique) Black men snapping and dancing and sassing for the viewers' entertainment.

Drag queen of all races seem to also incorporate a lot of themes and slang from AfroAmerican culture in their routines.

Well, could be because "art is imitating life".  All black men are not heroic brilliant paragons of masculinity and noble character - nor are all white men. Why look to the media to do what black men can do for themselves: present good images and exemplify admirable role models. America is run by white people who apparently don't feel the need to cater to the demands of its black minority. That's life, fellas. We've established the African Americans are not monolithic. And all of the hair-tearing and breast-beating for black unity will never amount to anything but misery loving company.  So black men should just  be the best they can be and try to set good examples for the kids they father. Each one, teach one. Stop expecting reality to conform to your dreams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

Why look to the media to do what black men can do for themselves: present good images and exemplify admirable role models.

Sure. Many of us do present good images and serve as positive role models to those around us. 

However, the media is counter-productive and extremely powerful in its far reaching effect in negatively programming how the world sees black men.

America is run by white people who apparently don't feel the need to cater to the demands of its black minority.

Those same people make a ton of money exploiting its black minority. We should be turning the tables using their weapons i.e. media.

And all of the hair-tearing and breast-beating for black unity will never amount to anything but misery loving company. 

Since I'm not a miserable person, in gambling parlance, I'm playing with house money. I know my testimony, personal success and positive attitude uplifts and motivates the brothas and sistas around me to do better. 

Stop expecting reality to conform to your dreams.

My family is extremely religious. I'm not. My folks are holding on to a belief that I'm running away from a calling.  Nope.

I believe my *ministry* is all about encouraging black folks to come together and do better.

My ministry doesn't cost them any tithes and offerings either.😁

I have more faith in my vision/dreams of seeing black folks win now instead of them waiting on a sky fairy. 

The Supreme Being didn't gift me with knowledge and talent for no reason. Surely, I'm supposed to use it for something. I'll go with uplifting black folks.😎

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Delano said:

Surviving is crucial but, how about thriving? 

Surviving is relatively easy to quantify. 😁

Thriving is a slippery slope because it means different things to individuals.

I know folks who are more broke than a bag of glass but they're happy clams in their existence.

OTOH, I know folks who are well off and miserable as h8ll for one reason or three. 

Then, there's the mix in the middle. Folks surviving and thriving to varying degrees and they're good with it.

None are suicidal as far as I know.  I'll keep uplifting everyone for good measure. 😎

• Like 2

What I noticed about the comments on this post. which was originally a negative dig about black women's behavior, was how quick all the black guys were in adding to the accusations as they proceeded to ridicule, dismiss and blame black women for what they perceived them to be, giving them very little credit for anything not connected with sex. 

But, oooh. the blubbering and bitching that broke out as soon as the subject of black manhood being compromised was broached. The response was an exercise in self pity and petulance over "brothas" being  emasculated by the racist media. Frustration abounded as they whined about being "sissified" and "pussified". Indignation raged about others not seeing them as they see themselves, - the epitome of how men are supposed to be. 

Inevitably, the subject of racial unity came up, but the connection between it and the strained relationship between black men and black women was glossed over, no acknowledgement made of how this gap can be a hindrance to the goal of black unity. However, until  brothas refrain from aiding and abetting the put-down of black women by whites, racial unity will remain elusive. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cynique said:

Inevitably, the subject of racial unity came up, but the connection between it and the strained relationship between black men and black women was glossed over, no acknowledgement made of how this gap can be a hindrance to the goal of black unity. However, until  brothas refrain from aiding and abetting the put-down of black women by whites, racial unity will remain elusive. 

This is amazing how this topic took a turn, and I did not see it until this comment by @Cynique.

" ...the strained relationship between black men and black women was glossed over, no acknowledgement made of how this gap can be a hindrance to the goal of black unity."

So on point. I too feel that this is a divide and conquer tactic used against us. 

This Greg 'person' started this thread attacking Black women character but somehow the topic switched to Black manhood. 

Nevertheless, it seems too though that this thread prompted most of the brothas on this forum to have enough of that racist! 

On 7/31/2022 at 7:21 PM, Troy said:

Men are different than women and those difference should be explored and understood in the context of a modern society rather trying to make men the same a women.  Men will always reject that -- even if they can not articulate, or understand, exactly why.  

I dunno . . . in the context of a modern society or not, I tend to agree with your statement in that "men will always reject that" ...

I don't believe it has anything to do with the context of mondern society. It is all about science and nature and modern society will not be able to change that no matter how much of a movement is being pushed on us to accept. 

I agree in that men are differnet than women and that we shouls explore this to understand that aspect of humanity. I feel that men and women are the same in some regards but inherently different in others. This is why I love to study the presence and nature of the LION. I don't believe you will ever see 'a homosexual male lion'--EVER.

That is never going to happen. 

If you watch how male lions group up and defend their cubs, etc. you will see that male dominance is here to stay.

But at the same time, when the lioness gets aggressive and warns the male father to stay away from his own cubs--He will back off!

He will wait for that lioness to give him permission to bond with his own cubs. 

And, that male lion will patiently follow the lioness and wait for her to be ready to mate. I am totally amazed at the social world of lions and for this reason, I am frustrated with America and their movement against Black men and this homosexual identity they are trying to put on us. 

1 hour ago, Chevdove said:

This is why I love to study the presence and nature of the LION. 

The lion has always been my favorite animal. Lion behavior shows us everything we need to know from a social perspective. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

Lion behavior shows us everything we need to know from a social perspective. 😎

The females hunt and the male eats first and protects the pride, from outsiders. When the king is dethroned the new lion kills all the male cubs that are not his offspring.

So it is a harem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delano said:

The females hunt and the male eats first and protects the pride, from outsiders. When the king is dethroned the new lion kills all the male cubs that are not his offspring.

That's definitely a part of their existence.

A male cub is allowed to stick around until he's sexually mature.  Then, it's time for him to bounce and leave the pride.

Young adult males go on their way until they have the social maturity and requisite skills and strength to challenge for and build their own pride. Rinse and repeat.

Male and female lions know their roles instinctively.  There is no confusion. 😎

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

Male and female lions know their roles instinctively.  There is no confusion. 😎

Allowing his mate to do the hunting while he sleeps all day waiting around for her to go into heat, killing any cubs he didn't father and kicking those he did out of the pride to maintain his dominance, doesn't impress me as an ideal model that should be translated into the present human life style. But the rampant male ego obviously comes into play here.

7 hours ago, Chevdove said:

I don't believe it has anything to do with the context of mondern society. It is all about science and nature and modern society will not be able to change that no matter how much of a movement is being pushed on us to accept. 

Society may not be able to physically alter male and female distinctions, but the science you speak of will be able to explain why, as the human species continues to evolve, change will occur on its own making bisexuality the norm. A third sex might even emerge.  The longer Mankind exists, the more mutations and aberrations will transform it.  Nothing stays the same. There's no telling what will gradually come about and will be considered natural 100 years from now. The generations resisting this fluidity will become the past, not the future.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

There is no confusion. 😎

Absolutely!

29 minutes ago, Cynique said:

doesn't impress me as an ideal model that should be translated into the present human life style.

lol.

30 minutes ago, Cynique said:

The generations resisting this fluidity will become the past, not the future.  

As long as children are not raped by anybody, straight or otherwise, to each is his/her own, in my view.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Allowing his mate to do the hunting while he sleeps all day waiting around for her to go into heat, killing any cubs he didn't father and kicking those he did out of the pride to maintain his dominance, doesn't impress me as an ideal model that should be translated into the present human life style. 

That's how the Supreme Being planned it.   Ongoing for thousands of years. 😁

33 minutes ago, Cynique said:

the human species continues to evolve, change will occur on its own making bisexuality the norm. A third sex might even emerge.  The longer Mankind exists, the more mutations and aberrations will transform it. 

Human beings have been around for thousands of years and it still takes a man and a woman to procreate.  Not two dudes or two chicks.  No third sex has emerged either.

Human sexuality has always been the same too.  But, there's a  reason bisexuality and homosexuality is considered unnatural throughout most of the world. 

Granted, we have advanced on several levels in terms of survival, human beings haven't evolved that much in their most basic desires and fundamental roles.😎

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

Male and female lions know their roles instinctively.  There is no confusion

Lions are instinctual, humans are rational.

So the roles that males and females have should be decided by the individual.

Societal and cultural norms dictate the bounds of those roles. However the individual can choose a role that is different from those assigned roles. A healthy couple can navigate those differences so that neither party feels diminished.

My belief is an individual should be free to define their role however they choose. Even if that role goes against the morals of their group as long as those choices are fair and equitable.

A person should be free to define themselves. It is difficult to be the other. Homosexual, Bisexual, transgender, an artist, a thinker, a women who wants to be more than the caretaker,a man who wants to be more than the bread winner. And while some members of society may disapprove or feel uncomfortable, the don't have to the right nor responsibility to negate the individual's choice.

Since all of the growth in a society comes from those who deviate from the prescribed path. Those deviants are our visionaries.

They see the world differently because their internal world is different.

• Like 2

@Delano, I totally agree that individuals should be free to make their own choices.

However, no one should force or impose their choices on others.

At the same time, folks should not get bent of shape when others do not agree with and/or support their choices.

Nobody should be abused and/or mistreated for their choices as long as they are not in violation of others. 

Every tribe can find like-minded members.  Ideally, we should live and let live. 😎

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

Human beings have been around for thousands of years and it still takes a man and a woman to procreate.  Not two dudes or two chicks.  No third sex has emerged either.

Human sexuality has always been the same too.  But, there's a  reason bisexuality and homosexuality is considered unnatural throughout most of the world. 

@ProfDHaving bi-sexual relationships and a third sex doesn't interfere with procreation. People can alternate between male and female partners if they want off spring. A third sex might have both organs and be able to reproduce itself. There are humans classified as "hermaphrodites" who may be in the forefront of this eventually taking place.

Science is also exploring the capability  of women being able to clone themselves because they have an egg that is a compete package and a womb just waiting to incubate.  All the sperm does, is contribute its gene package and determine the sex of a  zygote. The reason all of this hasn't happened already is because science and technology haven't advanced to that point. But that doesn't mean it won't. There was a era in the past when human development spontaneously accelerated and a lot happened in a short period of time.

There is also the question of whether what you attribute everything to isn't what or who you think it is since it's religion in nature, and based on faith rather than science.  This is a New Age, and  the possibilities are infinite.  But,  apparently, your imagination isn't. 

58 minutes ago, Delano said:

Lions are instinctual, humans are rational.

"Viva la Difference!"    Why should we let wild animals dictate the standards for our behavior and relationships?  Why should their primitive pecking order be our guide? When lions learn to read, write and do arithmetic and how to out run fawns and outwit hyenas and elude poachers then they can call the shots! 

12 minutes ago, ProfD said:

However, no one should force or impose their choices on others.

At the same time, folks should not get bent of shape when others do not agree with and/or support their choices.

Nobody should be abused and/or mistreated for their choices as long as they are not in violation of others. 

Every tribe can find like-minded members.  Ideally, we should live and let live. 

This is the stance of the LBQT community who merely want to be accepted for what they are. The ones opposing them are who are doing the carping and complaining. 

40 minutes ago, Delano said:

Can you elaborate ?

Take sexuality.  Whatever an individual chooses in terms of their own sexuality does not give them the right to force or impose it on others nor can they demand acceptance of it.   

At the same time, that individual should not be abused or mistreated because of their choice(s) in sexuality. Of course, there are many places throughout the world that disagree with me in that regard and levy harsh penalties including death.

34 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Science is also exploring the capability of women being able to clone themselves because they have an egg that is a compete package and a womb just waiting to incubate.  All the sperm does, is contribute its gene package and determine the sex of a  zygote. The reason all of this hasn't happened already is because science and technology haven't advanced to that point. But that doesn't mean it won't. There was a era in the past when human development spontaneously accelerated and a lot happened in a short period of time.

There is also the question of whether what you attribute everything to isn't what or who you think it is since it's religion in nature, and based on faith rather than science.  This is a New Age, and  the possibilities are infinite.  But,  apparently, your imagination isn't. 

Science has been looking for alternative ways to facilitate the process of human procreation for a long time.  So far, the in vitro fertilization (IVF)  success rate is not very good.  No doubt...scientists will continue monkeying around. 

As a gambling man, I'm putting my money on the Supreme Being keeping procreation under wraps.  Human beings will never be able to clone themselves to the point of significant viability.😁

34 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Viva la Difference!"    Why should we let wild animals dictate the standards for our behavior and relationships?  Why should their primitive pecking order be our guide? When lions learn to read, write and do arithmetic and how to out run fawns and outwit hyenas and elude poachers then they can call the shots! 

Our perception of being intellectually superior to primitive animals is a form of narcissism.  For as smart as humans beings think they are, we do a lot of dumb and unnecessary sh8t.  Some of it even leads us to an early nap in the cemetery.😁

@Cynique, as a musician and a philosopher, there are no limits to the expanse of my imagination.  It is easy to do but unwise to make assumptions solely based on written words on a discussion forum. 😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

Take sexuality.  Whatever an individual chooses in terms of their own sexuality does not give them the right to force or impose it on others nor can they demand acceptance of it. 

Would you say homosexuality is unnatural or against God, yet you wouldn't condemn homosexuals. Or attack them physically or verbally without provocation. However if you feel the question are too personal, I understand if you'd rather not answer them.