Black Unity Is The Key

I've said it over and over again online and in real life.

Lately I've been saying it at my job.

People stand there and hear me, many even listen to me, but most of them don't react.
I'm not sure if it's that they don't believe me or simply don't care because they got so much going on in their own lives.

As AfroAmericans we can have ANYTHING WE WANT as long as you unite and demand it.

Really, it doesn't take for all or even most of us to unite.
All it takes is a CRITICAL MASS of AfroAmericans in any given setting and racism collapses or submits to our demands whatever they may be.

Whether it's government programs, grants, more jobs, higher wages, more business opportunities, sexual favors, etc....history has shown over and over again that all it takes if for us to UNITE and then put forth a clear and uncompromising demand....backed up by a willingness to FIGHT if necessary...for us to get whatever demands we place.

It's so frustrating to KNOW this and yet not see it being enacted to the extent I desire.

• Like 1

See my post in the other thread about money.

Money is the most powerful drug in America.

Once AfroAmericans got a hit of money, they've been stuck in neutral.

The lure of money will make the brokest n8gglet do something dumb...like blow up progressive plans that would benefit him.

A well intentioned AfroAmerican with too many bills and/or a lifestyle they cannot afford can be compromised.

Look no further than AfroAmerican pimps in the pulpit. They've got a whole congregation of people under the sound of their voices.

Instead of teaching our people how to dismantle the system of white supremacy, AfroAmerican preachers are telling them to be obedient and subservient to it.

Oh by the way...leave a few dollars in the plate before you leave. The preacher needs a Bentley. His wife wants a diamond. 

AfroAmerican unity at a micro-level requires a willingness to sacrfice the trinkets for the trophy.

Since MLK Jr. got sprayed, nobody has really been willing to step up to the plate and take the weight.

That money drug is mean. Then, there is fear😎

When you have blacks such as myself who believe in structured families, hard work, and personal responsibility but then have blacks that have no morals, condones thuggery, embraces unstructured families ,out of wedlock babies, makes excuses , and looks for handouts; you will never get black unity.

OK @Greg, other members have served notice that your anti-Black rhetoric has no place here and that is no longer interesting enough to shoot down. I've come to that conclusion sometime ago.

I know you are probably delighted, and even surprised, that you've been allowed to shit all over these forums for so long. It is a courtesy I extend to everyone 🙂

On some level I'll miss you.  If you think you can actually post something more constructive email me and I'll think about it adding you back, but I'm not holding my breath.

As I've said before, Greg's presence doesn't make one bit of difference to me one way or another.

If I DID have a "choice of racists" to troll the site I'd prefer one who could present more powerful arguments I could actually go back and forth with like Jared Taylor.

@Pioneer1, rather than make an ignorant statement,  Kanye should have asked the question of why black folks endured slavery for 400 years.   

Questions and answers using logic are the keys to solving problems and gaining knowledge and ultimately, overcoming ignorance. 😎

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

@Pioneer1, rather than make an ignorant statement,  Kanye should have asked the question of why black folks endured slavery for 400 years.   

Questions and answers using logic are the keys to solving problems and gaining knowledge and ultimately, overcoming ignorance. 😎

Well you know Kanye is an artist

Like most artists he has mental/psychological problems.
However ALSO like most artists, those mental/psychological problems are one of the keys to him being able to manifest his creativity like a Shakespear or Coltrane or Van Gogh.

Having studied psychology and spirituality, I know that sometimes when there are problems with the brain it allows spiritual insights to flow through that ordinarily would be HALTED by a higher rational mind.

Crazy people often say and do things that sane people don't....but often times they turn out to be successful and correct because their lack of logical and rational thinking didn't limit them.

What Kanye said was insensitive and I'll give you "ignorant" but it may not have all been HIM making that statement but perhaps it was made THROUGH him to get us thinking about the conditions our people have been enduring and consider the alternatives.

For example....
Was 400 years TOTALLY involuntary for ALL slaves?

Were there NO other options for our people collectively?
OR would DEATH have been an option or perhaps even a better alternative than seeing our people endure centuries of slavery, suffering, and humiliation?
...that HASN'T ended for many of them by the way.
Slavery STILL exists in the form of the prison system and it targets Black youth.

First, I don't believe Kanye has mental/ psychological issues.  Like so many others before him, he's using his fame and celebrity platform to enrich himself and remain relevant.

The whole belief that artists are tortured souls and/or prone to mental problems is overblown.  Surely, there are savants and weirdos capable of extraordinary things. But, many of these musicians and artisans milk their fame and celebrity. 

I'm sure most of you remember Michael Jackson (MJ) as a little boy; smiling and dancing and singing.  He was normal all the way up through the Off the Wall" album.  After the success of "Thriller", Little Mike (MJ) became a clown.  Rest his soul.

Kanye West was a normal nerd; confined to making beats in the studio for other rappers.  His song "Through the Wire" catapulted him as an artist.  He was still a normal dude until Amber Rose broke up with him and his mother died.  Then, Kanye caught the MJ syndrome.

Fame and celebrity are opiates especially for people who seek attention and validation and/or those with self-esteem issues.  Some artists fall into that mold.

Just like ESP, I wonder why the most spiritual folks haven't been able to put their heads together and solve the problems that plague humanity.

"Was 400 years TOTALLY involuntary for ALL slaves?"

"Were there NO other options for our people collectively?
OR would DEATH have been an option or perhaps even a better alternative than seeing our people endure centuries of slavery, suffering, and humiliation?"

You're asking the *right* questions.  The answers are complicated.

Hundreds of thousands of black folks committed suicide during the transatlantic slave trade whether it was jumping overboard or shortly after showing up on plantations and realizing the life ahead of them. 

Hundreds of thousands black folks tried to escape slavery.  Once caught, beat into submission or killed as an example to others, fear kept the rest of them in check.

Folks born into slavery were conditioned from the cradle.  They didn't know any other way of life. 

No matter how cruel and inhumane the conditions, human beings naturally have a desire to live

Ask the question...why would people in the poorest places on Earth continue to reproduce knowing the life ahead of their offspring will be harsh.  According to Kanye's logic, it could be considered a selfish choice

I believe it's simpler than that.  Human beings are designed to procreate and have a will to live regardless of the circumstances and conditions. 

The real questions to ask are 1) why do human beings treat each other so badly whether it is slavery or impoverished and 2) why don't human beings do a better job of taking care of each other.  😎

ProfD

I'm not 100% sure of Kanye's mental health status or diagnosis but I know he hasn't been the same since his mother died some years back.  Acting erractic in public (perhaps it's just an act) and joining the MAGA crowd after initially claiming Bush doesn't like Black people.

I've also heard that he received electroshock treatment after his emergency admission in the hospital some years ago when he was confined against his will.

Something has definitely happened to him.

Hundreds of thousands of black folks committed suicide during the transatlantic slave trade whether it was jumping overboard or shortly after showing up on plantations and realizing the life ahead of them.  

Hundreds of thousands black folks tried to escape slavery.  Once caught, beat into submission or killed as an example to others, fear kept the rest of them in check.

Folks born into slavery were conditioned from the cradle.  They didn't know any other way of life. 

Thousands of Black folks participated in Slave Rebellions, left the South to come up North and join the army to go back South and fight for their people, and committed suicide rather than subject themselves and their children to the horrors of what they knew lied ahead for them.

However what PERCENTAGE of the population did these make up, would be my question?

If THOUSANDS of Black folks did this but many more MILLIONS submitted and took a more docile approach then......

MILLIONS of Black people were enslaved and born into it and died in it so it's hard to really compare them to other people because nothing like the Trans-Atlantic slave trade has happened in history, however other groups WERE enslaved for shorter periods of time at various levels of intensity.
So my question is also what PERCENTAGE of other communities fought back or committed suicide rather than allow themselves and their children be subjected to the horrors of slavery....COMPARED to the percentage of our people and who did this among us?

Did they even LET it get so far that entire generations were born in it?

The reasons I ask these questions is because I'm not sure how true it is but the common belief is that most Black people are more EASILY enslaved for one reason or another whether it's through lack of collective effort to fight back, lack of intelligence to put up a good resistance, more of a willingness to sell eachother into it and betray eachother, ect....

No matter how cruel and inhumane the conditions, human beings naturally have a desire to live. 

It appears most Black people do atleast.
And they PROVE it by the conditions they tolerate not only as a community but even in their personal lives.
Putting up with things that many others would have BEEN killed themselves over.

Atleast most of the Black people I've talked to.

I've seen Black people die suffering from diseases where it was nothing but downhill and more suffering for months until they died but didn't talk about suicide to end the suffering.  Maybe they thought it but didn't discuss it.

Most White people I've talked to say that they'd rather kill themselves than be subjected to certain treaments or suffer from certain illnesses.

So perhaps there's an innate difference inside the majority of people in the races where one group would rather die than be subject to certain circumstances.  Or atleast a higher percentage among some than others.

@Pioneer1, I think it would have been awesome if the African men had gotten together and found some poison and convinced everyone to go out like Jonestown. 

Slavery would have been a wrap in less than 5 years. America would not be the country it is today.  Of course, we would not be having this conversation either. 

"So my question is also what PERCENTAGE of other communities fought back or committed suicide rather than allow themselves and their children be subjected to the horrors of slavery....COMPARED to the percentage of our people and who did this among us?"

Revisionist history at best but we'll never know the answer to that question.

"Did they even LET it get so far that entire generations were born in it?"

Yep.  400 years of slavery is at least 20 generations.  Millions of folks were born into it.

Keep in mind that slavery was a system and big business.  It was run like a well-oiled machine. 

Also, while chattel slavery was horrible, there are accounts that some plantations were better than others. 

Just like today...n8gglets brag about their time spent in greater confinement.

IMO, black folks were not enslaved because they were docile and/or lacked intelligence.  We are strong.

Also IMO, black folks do not commit suicide at a higher rate than others because we're born genetically predisposed to being able to survive under harsh conditions,   

That which did not break us or make us weaker made us stronger.  Black folks can endure and overcome more than any other group of people on the planet.  

Unfortunately, we have yet to get ourselves together and realize our fullest potential instead of being victims of this system.  😎

ProfD

I think it would have been awesome if the African men had gotten together and found some poison and convinced everyone to go out like Jonestown. 

Or better yet come up with a weapon more awesome and powerful than the guns Caucasians invented.

We certainly had an edge on technology for thousands of years while White men were cave dwelling savages.

Infact, what's stopping Africans today from forging some metals and chemicals and making a brand new weapon even more powerful?

What is a gun but a more advanced "sling shot" tossing little balls of metal at people at a high velocity.
Africans could have come up with a "sound" that stopped the hearts of their enemies.

"Did they even LET it get so far that entire generations were born in it?"

Yep.  400 years of slavery is at least 20 generations.  Millions of folks were born into it.

I'm talking about OTHER groups outside of ours.
Did THEY let their captivity and enslavement go beyond a single generation?

I know the various Native American groups around this Hemisphere were subjected to the oppression of the English and Spanish for centuries generation after generation but forced labor and slavery?  I'm not sure.

Keep in mind that slavery was a system and big business.  It was run like a well-oiled machine. 

Also, while chattel slavery was horrible, there are accounts that some plantations were better than others. 

Just like today...n8gglets brag about their time spent in greater confinement.

Very true.
And it tells you the mindset of a person who brags about how better off HIS incarceration experience is than his fellow prisoners....instead of trying to get free from it all together.

Like Neely Fuller Jr. said, slaves at the bottom of the slave-ship bragging about who's chains are the biggest and look the best.

The person who has high self esteem and intends on supporting himself and his family DOESN'T CARE how great conditions are on this plantation or that one because he knows he can do a MUCH better job supporting himself and family as a FREE man and not on anyone's plantation.

But a man who can't support himself, has no intentions to, and don't know how even if he did...well he has no plans to leave because that's the only home he has and knows and he has no desire to find another one.

LIke Malcolm said, he'll stand there looking at you and asking you "what's better than what we got here??"

That which did not break us or make us weaker made us stronger.  Black folks can endure and overcome more than any other group of people on the planet.  

But I have to ask is that a GOOD thing?

A man and his lady becomes overpowered and enslaved but instead of killing himself and his lady they endure it for DECADES grow stronger and stronger physically from all of the hard work.
Yet one of his kids is snatched from his arms and killed in front of him and his wife is routinely raped in front of him.

What good is his survival skills??

Surviving for what???

Would he and his wife not have been better off dead and his children not even born than be subjected to that type of torture and humiliation?

What was the benefit or virtue of them simply surviving....so that massa can get more work out of them???

Unfortunately, we have yet to get ourselves together and realize our fullest potential instead of being victims of this system. 

Facts.

@Pioneer1, a few things here:

1) White folks have developed all types of weapons because maintaining power over other human beings requires a solid defense system.

2) Black folks have been taught and led to believe the white man is God so many fear him.

3) Black folks have been taught that their riches and rewards are in heaven. But, they have to endure h8ll on Earth in order to claim it.

4) Black folks have been taught that suicide is a sin.  Your life is not yours take regardless of the circumstances and conditions.  God would not approve of it.

400 years and counting of mental and physical conditioning have led us to where we are today. 

It's the chained elephant syndrome.  We can break free anytime. 

BTW, elephants are the strongest and most peaceful creatures on the planet.  Yet, it's not a liability for them. 

Ironically, an elephant only has one predator to deal with....human beings. 😎

@ProfD

I'm a Democrat and will never takes sides against the aspirations of my people. 

Are you talking about the angry man? Do you remember when Abbott Laboratories' subsidiary Abbott Nutrition had to shut down its Sturgis, Mich., baby formula plant because its equipment was contaminated with bacteria? Yeah, we ALL do. It shut down, reopened, then shut down again.

Well the board of directors decided to use billions of dollars to buy back company stock. At a time when baby formula was so scarce people were driving out of state for it, babies were going hungry and mothers were seem weeping in news reports.

One dude said the company was legally able to buy back its stock, but never cited the SEC rule for doing so. I said: Yeah, they can, but they should be using that money to their clean their equipment in the Sturgis plant. Because what they're doing is immoral.

Turns out a U.S. Senator demanded a hearing in May claiming what the company was doing was indeed immoral.

I posted a link with a short commentary. ( It's what we journalists were trained to do and what I trained neophyte reporters to do. )

Dude went berserk with rage. And I guess he's still at it. 

That is not divisive. That is posting an opinion backed up by facts and truth. 

If it comes down to a rich corporation and mothers, newborns and toddlers, guess who's side this Black man is taking?

The last time I got folks this riled up by posting the truth was when I wiped the forum floor with Neo Cons after Fox News had to admit something I said six months before the bombs started falling that no weapons of mass destruction would ever be found in Iraq. (Because none were ever there).

Abbott Labs stock buy back under scrutiny

ProfD

1) White folks have developed all types of weapons because maintaining power over other human beings requires a solid defense system.

Facts
Now...
The question I would have is why haven't WE developed a defense system even more powerful?

I think I know the answer, although you probably wont accept it..lol.

4) Black folks have been taught that suicide is a sin.  Your life is not yours take regardless of the circumstances and conditions.  God would not approve of it.

Lol...they were taught that murder and adultery were sins too but that didn't stop so many of our people from killing each other and banging each others wives.

400 years and counting of mental and physical conditioning have led us to where we are today. 

Perhaps.
Although I maintain...though many find it offensive...that LOW INTELLIGENCE is the MAIN reason so many of our people are where they are today regardless of the historical factors.

With the mentality so many of our people exhibit today, even if slavery never happened they would be a walking text-book of dysfunction.

To prove my point, right after slavery during Reconstruction most Black folks had solid families, work skills, and were building and maintaining cities.  We maintained much of these skills until about the 1960s and after so-called "Integration" things started going downhill.

So slavery in and of itself couldn't have been the only factor and probably wasn't the major factor in the condition of Black people today

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

The question I would have is why haven't WE developed a defense system even more powerful?

I think I know the answer, although you probably wont accept it..lol.

Try me.

Contrary to sista @Cynique's opinion, I'm open-minded. At least when it comes to certain things. 😁

But, my answer to your question is fear.  Black folks are afraid to do anything that will p8ss the white man off. 

Also, contrary to public perception, most Black folks are peaceful. We aren't natural born killers. We work and play. We'd much rather sit around eating, drinking, talking laughing, listening to music and making love. 😎

ProfD

Contrary to sista @Cynique's opinion, I'm open-minded. At least when it comes to certain things.

Well that would lead to another question...lol.

Does anyone CARE what Cynique's opinion is???

But, my answer to your question is fear.  Black folks are afraid to do anything that will p8ss the white man off. 

Well, yeah fear is a factor.

However I believe the main reason is that Black people collectively simply just weren't smart enough to come up with one.

Like I asked before, what's stopping us from coming up with one NOW?
Even in Africa today there are vast areas where White men or no other race except our people have been. What's stopping them from coming up with weapons and defense systems to protect and defend themselves from racial aggression?

Perhaps they have and are and we just don't know it...yet.

However like Wakanda...if they DO exist we certainly could use their help now.

Also, contrary to public perception, most Black folks are peaceful. We aren't natural born killers. We work and play. We'd much rather sit around eating, drinking, talking laughing, listening to music and making love. 

I agree.
Most Black people who are violent aren't that way by nature but by circumstance.

However when it comes to the intelligence factor, I'm not sure if that's entirely the fault of White racists.
I'm more inclined to believe that many of our people were naturally less intelligent and evil White folks saw it and took advantage of it.

52 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm more inclined to believe that many of our people were naturally less intelligent..

Well, you were right about it...I disagree.😁

Black folks are not less intelligent than anyone else. We don't use it to build weapons of mass destruction. It's not because we cannot. It's not our nature. We use our intelligence for good not evil.😎

Black people are not fearful, Pioneer1.

Because everything we have done to win our freedom and rights has always ticked White people off. We sat, they beat us with batons. We marched, they shot at us. We tried to go to schools and colleges, they barred the doors. They threatened our families. And still do.

Black people are not fearful. The ones who are fearful are those who side with folks who oppose our Progress. They are ones who are careful with their words and their actions and their thoughts. That is why some of them are quick to denounce the majority of Blacks or protect those who do.

Because these ones stick to the White Supremacist script that Black people are unworthy, our history and herstory and accomplishments mean little and should be ignored. Or worse, these truths bring mental pain to poor little White boys and girls.

Sure. Which is why Germany had to stop teaching about the Nazis in World War II. Because  German children were running to rooftops and jumping off when they learned the leaders of the Third Reich were (gasp!) White! Could you imagine their horror? They might never want to book a flight on Lufthansa, attend an Oktoberfest or buy a Mercedes Benz. 

At this point in Black History, we are horribly disjointed and disunited. 

And in answer to a rhetorical question you asked, I read Cynique and I pay attention to her views. I admire people who are intelligent and caring and above all calm.  

ProfD

Black folks are not less intelligent than anyone else. We don't use it to build weapons of mass destruction. It's not because we cannot. It's not our nature. We use our intelligence for good not evil

Lol...you jokester you.

Stop playing man.

Stefan

At this point in Black History, we are horribly disjointed and disunited. 

And at THIS point in Black History, I would say dis-unity is a GOOD THING!    

When I look at the behavior and thinking pattern of many of the AfroAmericans I see not only in the media but out on the street in real life...I'm GLAD I'm not joined with those clowns. 

There is no way we could unite and progress as a people with the mindset so many of them have today.

The rampant drug use alone and the instability it produces is a good reason we can't and shouldn't unite with all of our people today.

I read Cynique and I pay attention to her views.

I hope you have a bottle of Pepto Bismol or Maalox sitting by you when you read them....to deal with the upset stomach. 🤢

22 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I hope you have a bottle of Pepto Bismol or Maalox sitting by you when you read them....to deal with the upset stomach. 🤢

@Pioneer1Considering how repulsive you are,  you'd do  well to keep your advice to yourself. 👉🏽💩   🤣

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Why the ad hominen personal attacks? If you disagree with an opinion of hers, oppose it with facts and careful wording.

@Stefan Facts are not pioneer's strong suit. Everything he blabs about originates in his ego-drenched imagination.

@Delano

So, are you going to start your dumb chit again? You were WRONG! 

What Abbott Labs was doing was immoral.

You just got ticked off when I posted proof that even U.S. Senators agreed with me.  I unblocked you because you sometimes have interesting things to say.

But I see, that was a mistake.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

So, are you going to start your dumb chit again? You were WRONG! 

What Abbott Labs was doing was immoral.

You just got ticked off when I posted proof that even U.S. Senators agreed with me.  I unblocked you because you sometimes have interesting things to say.

But I see, that was a mistake.

You make a lot of assumptions. Not all of them are right. What you fail to see and even know. The goal of a public corporation is to maximise profits. That is factual, this doesn't infer that is my position. If you would have read with a bit more thought you would have realised that in addition noone else hear could imagine me taking that position. Since most of the participants can comprehend and think critically.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:27 AM, Pioneer1 said:

It's so frustrating to KNOW this and yet not see it being enacted to the extent I desire.

It is the key, yes, while we are under this system, we are so easily divided, imo.

@Pioneer1 BTW, I love your new signature. Kanye West is not my generation and I know he is contraversial, but he is talented and good with the turns of phrases. 

• Like 1

I did even know it was possible to block people here.  The are so few regular posters that it does not seem necessary.  I'm saddened to read that any of the regular posters feels it necessary to block someone.  

In the words of that guy who caught the beat down in LA so many years ago, "Cant we all just get along?"

Cynique not does block Pioneer, and she loathes him.  Can we sometimes agree to disagree without it rising to "disappearing" someone?  

@Stefan I'm glad to read that you admit to finding some of the things Del writes interesting and that it overrode your desire to block him.

I was not aware of the travails of Pioneer and Cynique.

I really enjoy reading Cynique's posts. I love reading ProfD's posts as well. And the same with Mel Hopkins. There are probably a few others whose monikers escape me for the moment.

The problem with some posters is that they are simply negative when reacting to others who don't agree with them. This turns into resentment which evolves into rage.

You can reach some people with consistency, accuracy and a calm demeanor. But I avoid people who breathe fire right off the bat and are so focused on certain things they cannot see beyond their presumed evidence. 

Stefan

Why the ad hominen personal attacks? If you disagree with an opinion of hers, oppose it with facts and careful wording

I hear you, but what if it's THE PERSON HERSELF you disagree with and not their words???

Suppose you agree with most of what a person says and found much of of their ideas wonderful, but you think THEY are dirty, dank, scandalous, piece of  😚 ...well, you know "what"...lol.

What do you do then?

I was not aware of the travails of Pioneer and Cynique.

Well, let me give you a brief outline of our history.

After some dude who was giving her a ride to the store stopped coming over (and no telling what happened with THAT situation) Cynique started getting a little lonely so much of her joy comes from interacting with me.

She loves to fight and engage with me, it turns her on.

@Chevdove

BTW, I love your new signature. Kanye West is not my generation and I know he is contraversial, but he is talented and good with the turns of phrases

I think Kanye is mentally disturbed and is sadly unravelling before the public's eye.  However like many mad people, strokes of GENIUS will emit from his distrubed brain like rays of sunlight through storm clouds.

Troy

Cynique does block Pioneer, and she loathes him.

For someone who has me "blocked", she sure does find a way to find my comments...lol.

I keep trying to tell yall, the woman is obsessed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

For someone who has me "blocked", she sure does find a way to find my comments...lol.

I keep trying to tell yall, the woman is obsessed.

@Pioneer1 It's hard to avoid you because, like dog shit, you are everywhere. 👉🏽💩 While scrolling through other people's posts, there you are,  a constant presence, giving some long-winded  dissertation - which I don't read. Plus a notice pops up telling me you have mentioned me in a comment,  

Your thinking that, out of all the interesting, intelligent, professional, witty men on this board, I would single out a second-rate wanna-be you out to stalk is one reasons why I can't stand you. You're who is obsessed.  When i do ignore you, you start stuff.  Bottom line,  because you are so repulsive,  you have become a perfect target for my scorn. 

If you don't start no shit, there won't be no shit, Loser. Now line this out  because it doesn't concur with your self aggrandizing scenario. 

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

You can reach some people with consistency, accuracy and a calm demeanor. But I avoid people who breathe fire right off the bat and are so focused on certain things they cannot see beyond their presumed evidence. 

Another really good self assessment. Have you and Pioneer been comparing notes? Keep trying you may start a revolution, if you can find enough feeble minded people to follow you.

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

The problem with some posters is that they are simply negative when reacting to others who don't agree with them. This turns into resentment which evolves into rage.

You forgot to mention that you are condescending while being a bit ignorant about business. While talking to someone that didn't write about business but actually worked in Financial services and also went to school for business. You are in the minority of people on this site that believe you no more about business than myself. However perhaps the people that you respect can help you remove you rose mirrored glasses.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stefan said:

But I avoid people who breathe fire right off the bat

LOL! I'm only laughing because I presume you are attributing this characteristic to Del who in reality is the opposite of this.

But we all have different perspectives of each other someone loved Hitler and others hated MLK...

• Like 1

The only time Delano did that was during a discussion about Abbott Nutrition's parent, Abbott Laboratories, spending billions to buy its stock.

Before that just read his posts, some where interesting. Others were on topics I was aware of, but just chose to keep silent.

This was at a time when Abbott Nutrition was forced to close its Sturgis, Mich., baby formula plant for bacteria infections. This contributed to a massive shortage of baby formula across the U.S. which has not fully abated.

My position will always be what the parent company was doing instead of using the money to clean its Sturgis, Mich., equipment was immoral. And wherever I posed my opinion, people agreed with me.

Delano said the parent had a right to buy back its stock. Which is true. But the timing was abysmal and offended so many a U.S, Senator demanded a hearing. Your pal got so angry and has been hurling personal insults ever since. I will not abide such foolishness.

1 hour ago, Troy said:

LOL! I'm only laughing because I presume you are attributing this characteristic to Del who in reality is the opposite of this.

Thanks @Troy I keep trying to tell @Stefan he is reading me wrong. He is a bit slow on the uptake, I think it will take him three months until he understands what we are saying.
@Stefan I will give you a hint, I know Troy we have broken bread in each other's home, and we have hung out together. Ironically the people on the forum that you respect all respect me. What do you think that might mean. BTW you are a reporter you write articles. Which is not quite in the same league as a person who writes books.

32 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Delano said the parent had a right to buy back its stock.

I never said that. When you realise you are wrong I will accept your apology. It will be like a Holiday present. We both have something to look forward to in the New Year. Ha Ha Ha.

Edited by Delano

On 8/10/2022 at 2:34 AM, Delano said:

You forgot to mention that you are condescending while being a bit ignorant about business.

Yeah! 

I'm so glad you are on to @Stefan

19 hours ago, Troy said:

But we all have different perspectives of each other someone loved Hitler and others hated MLK...

@Troy It's not a perspective imo, but reality; Del is the opposite of this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ProfD said:

, I think he means well otherwise.

Yes in some regards, but No @ProfD, not when it counts.

A supremacist person, may have fooled himself that he is doing a good cause for idiots that need to understand that racism is real, but if he blatantly insults Black people for believing in certain aspects of truth, then at the end of the day, some one needs to wake up and see the real spirit. 

• Thanks 1

I have not asked anyone to do anything. And the difference between myself and many others is:

I really try to avoid personal attacks and post proof of my contentions. 

Some just pretend I don't.

I will never link my arms with those who hated Dr. King. That seems to tick a few people off around here. 

• Like 1

@Stefan may feel that he hasn't initially insulted anyone. However being condescending by stating that you know more is insulting. Writing about subjects can lead to a greater understand. However that can't occur of you feel that you instantly understand matters.

Perfect People, don't need correction, because they are perfect. People who think they are perfect don't receive correction. It's not that people haven't tried but they can't receive it.

What you and Greg have done has been to foster black unity because his comments were insulting and yours were condescending.

1 hour ago, Delano said:

Perfect People, don't need correction, because they are perfect. People who think they are perfect don't receive correction. It's not that people haven't tried but they can't receive it.

@Del. I'm surprised at how you have overreacted to this situation. At one time or another everybodu on this board has been condescending when imposing their beliefs on others. LOL