Black Unity Is The Key

6 hours ago, Cynique said:

I'm surprised at how you have overreacted to this situation. At one time or another everybodu on this board has been condescending when imposing their beliefs on others. LOL 

If you are new and you are condescending to everyone then it annoys me.

18 hours ago, Delano said:

If you are new and you are condescending to everyone then it annoys me.

@DelHow new is Stefan? I mistakenly put you in a box, believing you were passive rather than aggressive with people who irritated  you, something I admired your having the will power to be.

I somehow find myself a little in sync with Stefan.  Probably because  he  mentioned being retired and is a dedicated Democrat, like so many of the people I associate with.  

BTW, what's the word  on the street about gravity(?).  Lately, I feel as though my shoes are like buckets  of concrete and  this affects my walking.  It's as tho  a force is pulling me to the ground.  i haven't gained any weight,  but i feel heavier. i know the moon is closer to the earth this month when it was full  it really appeared big in the night sky. Meanwhile, stars are nowhere to be seen.  I wonder if the universe is shifting.

@Cynique mostly I ignore it. It's not that I'm passive I just choose to not be aggressive. 

It was an aberration and now back to radio silence.

I think the current world situation is very heavy. My because your mind feels lighter your feet feel heavy.

@Cynique mostly I ignore it. It's not that I'm passive I just choose to not be aggressive. 

It was an aberration and now back to radio silence.

I think the current world situation is very heavy. Maybe because your mind feels lighter your feet feel heavy.

@Cynique

I was not being condescending. He was defending Abbott Laboratories spending billions of dollars to buy back its corporation's stock at a time that money could have been used to clean equipment at Abbott Nutrition's baby formula plant. It had been shut down because of bacterial contamination.

I maintained that what Abbott Labs was doing was immoral. He disagreed. Later, I posted a link which proved my contention. A U.S. senator demanded a hearing on Abbott Labs' behavior, because he also thought it was immoral.  I let the link prove my point.

He's been acting this way ever since. 

20 hours ago, Delano said:

may feel that he hasn't initially insulted anyone.

@Delano He knows it! He knows that he has insulted certain people and that he is trying to divide the community.

He knows it.

20 hours ago, Delano said:

What you and Greg have done has been to foster black unity because his comments were insulting and yours were condescending.

True. Even though opportunist seek to divide the community, in some circumstances, the division may turn out to be a good thing because it may cause self reflection and also those who want to be better and to want to build a better Black level of respect amongst each other to strive for it. 

18 hours ago, Cynique said:

I'm surprised at how you have overreacted to this situation. A

Well, @Cynique I do think he's condensending. He is not like Greg though.

Black communities have always been easy to infiltrate and divide to conquer. 

White people can walk right up into a Black Barber shop and feel at ease, but it's not the same in other communities.

• Like 1

@Cynique I have been thinking about why I reacted. And I am having a hard time distilling the reasons into a coherent answer.

I used to be mentally pugnacious and cryptic. 

Later I tried to be clear.

Mostly now I post links or start topics. I rarely argue a point.

In the case of Stefan, I am not always addressing him but his points. Since I feel trying to convince someone is pointless.

I am learning to care less without become careless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delano said:

I have been thinking about why I reacted. And I am having a hard time distilling the reasons into a coherent answer.

@Del I commend you for being able to stand back and take an honest look at yourself. Self examination is a crucial trait. People don't really have to offer excuses for the way they are, but they shouldn't be indignant or surprised when others find them insufferable.  

I consider myself condescending when I correct people's grammar and spelling.  And I'm always surprised when nobody catches some of my errors - which are usually typos. I just set high standards for people who hold themselves in high regard.  Especially since they don't have to be college-educated or intellectual to speak or write standard English correctly. or be detail-oriented enough to proof read what they write. These are elementary things. 

I also invoke "ad hominem" arguments, but my thinking is that what I say about a person is directly related to what i believe is their "flawed" argument.  I am a hyper-critical person and, needless to say, argumentative. But I am not thin-skinned nor easily intimidated so when I dish it out, I am prepared to take it. I'm also surprised that people think I am  upset when i am arguing. But I'm not. I'm in my element, enjoying myself. 😛 So much for "true confessions". 

4 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Well, @Cynique I do think he's condensending. He is not like Greg though.

@ChevdoveI am also surprised at you because you are usually neutral and non judgmental.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

@ChevdoveI am also surprised at you because you are usually neutral and non judgmental.  

This may be informative if the two chilled people vocalise their disapproval. I have a lot less typos because these days because of a criticism I had received.
You have a blind/soft spot for people that combine wit , writing and pugilism.

You can be argumentaive but you ae not hypercritical. Even though you may critique a person's argument. I think you are hypercritical when someome or something annoys (presses a button) you.

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

People don't really have to offer excuses for the way they are, but they shouldn't be indignant or surprised when others find them insufferable.  

I am less interested in public disclosure than private reflection. The previous statement notwithstanding.

11 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Black communities have always been easy to infiltrate and divide to conquer. 

White people can walk right up into a Black Barber shop and feel at ease, but it's not the same in other communities.

Even more so than that.....

White people can ride around and even walk around in the most gang infested ghetto and remain unharmed but if a Black person tries driving through the gangsters will be asking all kinds of questions like which set is he down with, who did he come to see, is he a snitch or the actual police itself?

But they leave the White folks alone.

6 hours ago, Cynique said:

I consider myself condescending when I correct people's grammar and spelling.  And I'm always surprised when nobody catches some of my errors - which are usually typos. I just set high standards for people who hold themselves in high regard.  Especially since they don't have to be college-educated or intellectual to speak or write standard English correctly. or be detail-oriented enough to proof read what they write. These are elementary things. 

I also invoke "ad hominem" arguments, but my thinking is that what I say about a person is directly related to what i believe is their "flawed" argument. 

Yep...😉....this will be noted for future references, lol

On 8/14/2022 at 5:16 PM, Cynique said:

I am also surprised at you because you are usually neutral and non judgmental.  

Thank you @Cyniquefor the check. 

I will reflect. 

On 8/14/2022 at 9:03 PM, Pioneer1 said:

White people can ride around and even walk around in the most gang infested ghetto and remain unharmed but if a Black person tries driving through the gangsters will be asking all kinds of questions like which set is he down with, who did he come to see, is he a snitch or the actual police itself?

@Pioneer1 America has done a job on us.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 1:48 PM, ProfD said:

@Pioneer1, I think it would have been awesome if the African men had gotten together and found some poison and convinced everyone to go out like Jonestown. 

Slavery would have been a wrap in less than 5 years. America would not be the country it is today.  Of course, we would not be having this conversation either. 

😎

Slavery would not have ended. They already had white slaves in the 13 Colonies. In the 17th century in Virginia there were more white slaves than black. They'd have kept on enslaving the Irish and Scots and poor English, transporting them, indenturing them, and so on. Or they'd have started importing Filipinos or someone else.

The African-American experience here created a people resilient and strong, and besides providing a lot of labor and talent which was exploited, blacks here also contributed a lot of positive things to this country. I suppose all that suffering was not really worth it just so I could listen to music by Miles Davis and Snoop Dogg... of course there is no way to repay that. But the nation owes African-Americans a lot of gratitude for things most haven't even thought of yet.

I don't know if I should even say this, but I'm glad y'all's ancestors did NOT all poison themselves. I'm glad you survived, if that's any consolation. Damn, now I need a drink... this is troublesome to ponder.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:03 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Just wanted to confirm this. I'm white and was a teacher in South-Central L.A. I'd go into the donut shop in the morning, talk to people, walk around all over, nobody bothered me. Once the people in the neighborhood knew me, I would go everywhere, on any street, visit students' homes. The Crips would shake my hand and thank me for helping their siblings get educated so they could escape this life, as they put it.

Put a black teacher in a white area acting as I did there in S-Central and there would be an army of hysterical white Karens calling the cops, if not worse things. Well I'm not saying that the people in S-Central should have confronted me, but certainly the whites should get a clue and stop having a hissy fit every time they see a black person.

• Like 1

I am also surprised at you because you are usually neutral and non judgmental.  

Not when it comes to MY posts....lol.

Especially with regard to religion.

Chev

America has done a job on us.

Absolutely.
However some of these niggaz are just plain stupid.

No matter what country they were born in they'd be screwed up.

Do you think THESE clowns would really turn out any different if they were raised in Uzbekistan?

Young Thug: Hip Hop's First Openly Gay "Trap Rapper?"

YNW Melly and Kodak Black Team Up on 'Thugged Out' - Press Ug - Your home  of news

Michael Montvert

Slavery would not have ended. They already had white slaves in the 13 Colonies. In the 17th century in Virginia there were more white slaves than black. They'd have kept on enslaving the Irish and Scots and poor English, transporting them, indenturing them, and so on. Or they'd have started importing Filipinos or someone else.

I hear what you're saying, but atleast OUR people wouldn't have had to endure 500 (and counting) years of it.

White people weren't slaves in the colonies btw....
They were indentured servants who weren't "born" into it generation after generation.  
They also were offered more opportunities to buy their freedom than Black actual slaves.

The African-American experience here created a people resilient and strong, and besides providing a lot of labor and talent which was exploited, blacks here also contributed a lot of positive things to this country. I suppose all that suffering was not really worth it just so I could listen to music by Miles Davis and Snoop Dogg... of course there is no way to repay that. But the nation owes African-Americans a lot of gratitude for things most haven't even thought of yet.

Absolutely!

I don't know if I should even say this, but I'm glad y'all's ancestors did NOT all poison themselves. I'm glad you survived, if that's any consolation. Damn, now I need a drink... this is troublesome to ponder.

Lol....
Take it easy man, it's gonna be alright.

Just wanted to confirm this. I'm white and was a teacher in South-Central L.A. I'd go into the donut shop in the morning, talk to people, walk around all over, nobody bothered me. Once the people in the neighborhood knew me, I would go everywhere, on any street, visit students' homes. The Crips would shake my hand and thank me for helping their siblings get educated so they could escape this life, as they put it.

Ofcourse!
The Bloods and Crips were formed and are maintained to harm BLACK PEOPLE...no other group.
That's what they are allowed to exist for; both on the streets and in the prisons.

When the gangstaz of South Central talk about "breaking a fool off proper" they aren't talking about White folks but their own people.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, Cynique said:

I mistakenly put you in a box, believing you were passive rather than aggressive with people who irritated  you, something I admired your having the will power to be

I figured out why it bothered me. This is a forum to exchange ideas and discuss them. So if a person is attempting to tell people how to think or how they should feel this feels manipulative. It's the height of arrogance to say your feelings are invalid or wrong. However I think I will go back to just posting links and minimising my position. I desire less conflict and angst on all of my interactions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Delano said:

I think I will go back to just posting links and minimising my position. I desire less conflict and angst on all of my interactions.

I respectfully ask that you continue to engage in the discussions. 

Please do not let others mute your opinions and perspectives and contribution to the forum. 😎

• Like 1

Thanks ProfD. I used to be more verbally combative. Not just here but also in real reality.

I will comment a bit, but in general, I want to talk less. My goal is not to have any opinions.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:50 PM, Stefan said:

He was defending Abbott Laboratories

No I never defended Abbott Lab. I said the goal of a corporation is to maximise profit. You may not realise it, but that's not my opinion. That is the mandate for management. In addition if you were more sensitive to tone, or just listened to Troy's Cynique's or Chevdove's comments you would have seen your error.

No other member, except you, would think that I would say, what you erroneously are attributing to me.

I thought reporters were suppose to check their sources.

Don't worry about it, not admitting you're wrong, won't raise anyone's opinion of you. 

• Like 1