NY State cannibis

There is so much to say, I already said. But, this marijuana scenario in the United States of America is a great teacher to many things. 

I admit it makes me very angry to so many things. Well if you live in the NY State, consider the following link for some information. The gateway to getting licenses is narrowing and comprehend, once the licenses environment is settled, the ability to get in will be as challenging as the liquor license. 

https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2005&type=status

This entire issue of opening up dispensaries to sell and distribute Marijuana is a big TRAP in my opinion.

The Federal government still regards Marijuana as ILLEGAL regardless as to what the various states says, so the feds can still bust you and prosecute you for selling and even possessing a certain amount of it.

Just one more trap put out by the racists to snag unsuspecting and naive Black people who THINK they have more rights than they actually have.

Some people never learn.

Troy

Both the possession and distribution of marijuana are illegal under federal laws on marijuana, specifically, the Controlled Substances Act. Federal law makes it illegal to use, possess, grow and sell marijuana. There is no exception for the medical or so-called “recreational” use of marijuana in federal law. Possession of even a small amount of marijuana is a federal criminal offense. Simple possession with no intent to distribute is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in prison and a fine of up to $1,000.

Federal Laws for Marijuana Possession and Distribution | LegalMatch

Whether they ARE busting people or not....they CAN bust you for it or add it on as an additional charge among others and be justified because it's clearly illegal.

Personal use = POSSESSION.

Modern day version of ending Prohibition at the state level. 

When white folks decided marijuana should be legalized, states jumped onboard. 

Still, it's important to remember that there are state laws and Federal laws. 

We live in the United States of America.  Each of the 50 states has a right to make its own laws.  Federal laws govern the land.  

Medicinal marijuana may be legal in Washington or Colorado.  But, if someone commits a federal offense and gets caught with it, that's another charge. 

IOW, marijuana is still illegal according to the federal government.  It doesn't care what your doctor said.🤣😎

• Like 1

Another problem with starting a Marijuana business is getting a BANK to work with you and your business.

Most banks are governed and bound by FEDERAL laws and technically speaking when you grow and distribute a drug that the Federal government deems illegal, that puts you in the category of drug trafficking and banks don't want to be tied to that.

• Like 1

OK @Pioneer1 wake me when when the feds start charging little old Black ladies for their medicinal weed.  Again, this is not a law that the feds are going to enforce.  Now if you get caught moving serious weight from on state to another with intent to illegally distribute that is another story.

'Sides the Feds have many other tools with which to jam a brother up.

• Like 1

Troy

Well if little old Black ladies were the ONLY one you had to worry about being arrested, it wouldn't be so bad...lol.
But it's strong vibrant YOUNG BLACK MEN who are the primary targets and they are the ones being locked up by the thousands from a combination of so many different laws no one lawyer even knows them all.

Whether they have more tricks up their sleave or not, the question is why ALLOW yourself to be subject to fall into their trap?

I know money can be tempting but if there's ANY question as to it's legality, does it make a lot of sense to hop into it only to find out the hard way later?

Find something else to do like opening up a lawn care business, credit union, coffee shop, etc...

Why dance with Satan?

Dancing with the Devil. (from the archives) | by Melissa Najera | Scene &  Heard (SNH) | Medium

"Two steps LEGAL
One step ILLEGAL
Full twirl STATE LEGALIZED
Hop back FEDERALLY ILLEGAL
Do ya see me.....do ya not
....the dance is getting tiring, when do we sit down?"

it is prudent to know the  laws when opening any type of business including a marijuana dispensary. 

Black folks will continue getting hemmed up for selling marijuana on the street because that is a still a criminal offense. 😎

• Like 1

One of the goals behind legalizing marijuana was to stop needless arrests and imprisonments. Street sales of marijuana vary from state to state. 

Marijuana dispensaries also serve caregivers of cancer patients. They are not trap offs.  They are legitimate businesses.

What stands out to me are demands for stringent record keeping on applications. And upfront financial costs. But so few license applications are being accepted and processed in states that have legalized weed it seems beyond the average individual.

What gets many young Black men arrested is a growing lack of respect for life and limb. This is why in the NYC area, you are treated to endless surveillance videos on the news of Black men smashing innocents in the head with whatever is handy, slashing them or shoving folks down to the sidewalk. Let's not even begin to talk about those who pull guns and just shoot folks in momentary fits of rage.

If states and the federal government offered job training programs (which I have been pushing for) then maybe we could open some legitimate businesses in the inner cities. Instead, some folks want everyone to own a gun.

There is a huge necessity for jobs and skills training because stuff like the following is unacceptable:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/girl-6-punched-in-scooter-robbery-by-teens-in-brooklyn-nypd/ar-AA10nUo1?cvid=1d98f9cf564349898398779608a8e866

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

If states and the federal government offered job training programs...

The availability of job training programs would help some folks. But, there has to be a stronger desire to work.

Mental and physcal laziness are very real conditions. It's evident early when folks don’t work hard enough to get an education.

In addition to state and federal government, private investors could establish job training programs too. 😎

• Thanks 1

@ProfD

Let's establish the job training programs first. I'm not willing to write anyone off yet. That's what was done to our people for generations. 

I know we can get this done. 

There definitely is mental fatigue, so I agree with you. But we just can't stand around and let folks shuffle off to their doom either.

• Thanks 1

Stefan

One of the goals behind legalizing marijuana was to stop needless arrests and imprisonments. Street sales of marijuana vary from state to state. 

But Marijuana HASN'T been legalized.
It's STILL illegal.

What gets many young Black men arrested is a growing lack of respect for life and limb. 

True

And speaking of that, I believe much of it is attributed to the massive increase in "Marijuana" smoking among Black youth in the past 30 years or so.  And I put Marijuana in quotes because I don't believe what they're smoking is REAL or pure Marijuana. I believe it's been altered or contaminated.

It used to be something only a small PERCENTAGE of Black youth did in the major cities.  Less than 10%.
Now MOST Black youth smoke weed.

Let's not even begin to talk about those who pull guns and just shoot folks in momentary fits of rage.

Which is a side effective from frequent Marijuana abuse.

You see this reckless behavior, irritability, and lack of patience increasing among the general population and it's parallel with the increase of Marijuana use.

Let's establish the job training programs first.

I agree.
Before we put the blame on the citizen...whether they deserve it or not...the government must first do IT'S part.

Before we blame the student, we must examine the teacher and make sure they're doing THEIR job properly.

ProfD

it is prudent to know the  laws when opening any type of business including a marijuana dispensary. 

One of the FIRST things people need to learn is something we learned in Social Studies class back in middle schoool....FEDERAL LAW supersedes STATE LAW.

Anyone familiar with basic law knows that.

One of the problems with most U.S. citizens in general is MASS IGNORANCE.  
Ignorance when it comes to race, culture, food, history, and the law itself.

If they KNEW basic law then once it has been established at the Federal level that Marijuana is illegal...who cares what the state laws are?

Mental and physcal laziness are very real conditions. It's evident early when folks don’t work hard enough to get an education.

The availability of job training programs would help some folks. But, there has to be a stronger desire to work.

VERY REAL!
With very real causes.

Laziness is another symptom of rampant weed smoking and you see this has increased manifold among Black youth over the past 30 years to the point many of them can't hold a job more than 3 weeks because they can't stop lighting up or pass the piss test.

Another thing I noticed is it seems that after the government pulled back most of it's Covid relief programs that people were relying on for months to get by and make ends meet...many people got so used to that extra money that when it got cut off many of them went crazy in acts of desperation and now you see a massive increase in car jackings, robberies, etc...

Another cause of lack of desire to work is being UNABLE to do most of the jobs that are out there today.  Jobs tend to demand far more responsibilities today than they did in the past, even simple fast food jobs.

Just CLOCKING IN is more complicated than it used to be.

It would have been too much for the average non-drug abusing youth to keep up with a lot of these jobs and what they demand...let alone a chronic weed smoker who can't even remember their work schedule let alone what to do when/if they actually get there.

Viral Black Guy Memes 😅 - YouTube

"What day it is?
I forgot, was I supposed to work today?
And if this mask is yours...can I borrow it just for today???"

I never said weed was legalized every where. But one of the goals of passing laws to get it legalized was to reduce arrests and imprisonments. But that was just one of the goals.

The others were to create a new and viable industry, make the active ingredient in marijuana available for cancer patients and in some areas eliminate the violence associated with territorial sales of weed. I am sure by now most have read news stories of cartels setting up shop in state forests to grow marijuana and threaten the lives of anyone with knowledge. 

I do not like to post links to popular morning news shows. But this link will take you an NBC Today Show segment that highlights the problem.

https://www.today.com/video/mexican-cartels-are-growing-marijuana-in-california-s-national-forests-127609925776

For those who enjoy reading: https://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-wars-violent-mexican-drug-103332475.html

I am not interested in selling weed, liquor, or guns. 

But here is a link for folks interested in becoming part of this marijuana dispensary industry: I simply checked a few states' requirements for entering this industry and they may be daunting for some. 

https://dispensarypermits.com/united-states-marijuana-dispensary-laws/

On 8/7/2022 at 9:41 PM, Stefan said:

I never said weed was legalized every where. But one of the goals of passing laws to get it legalized was to reduce arrests and imprisonments. But that was just one of the goals.

Maybe it will be useless to repeat it but...marijuana is  NOT LEGAL. 

Period.

The Federal Government says that it is ILLEGAL with no exceptions, including medical.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

The Federal Government says that it is ILLEGAL with no exceptions, including medical.

The feds aren't going to run around chasing and prosecuting folks for smoking weed. If such was the case, every April 20th they could round up a whole lot of folks. 😁😎

ProfD

You know how these racists do.  They engage in SELECTIVE law enforcement.

When you look at the stats, only a small PERCENTAGE of people are actually imprisoned on Marijuana possession alone.  They have to have a huge amount.  It' susually ADDED ON to other more serious charges in order to get convictions or more time added TO a conviction.

However what DOES end up happening more cases than not is the Feds will use Marijuana possession as an opportunity to juice a brutha out of his money and rights.
You get convicted of certain Marijuana crimes and you end up owing huge fines, can't own a gun, and even get a felony charge keeping you out of certain occupations.

It's a trap. 
A set up.