Genius is pattern recognition

I’m sure @Pioneer1 did not read the articles. In fact I’d be willing to guess that he does not read all the articles he posts himself.

This is not to disparage Pioneer, because commenting on articles one has not read is pretty common. People will read headlines which are often misleading. 

for example the heading of this post stated that genius is pattern recognition. Neither article made that sole assertion nor did either article refute pioneer’s statement.

• Like 1

Genius is having exceptional intellectual ability, creative productivity, imagination and originality to the extent of being able to achieve new discoveries or advance knowledge.

A part of genius is having the ability to recognize or envision patterns, shapes and concepts in order to produce tangible results. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Troy and Del

Either you didn't read the articles or you didn't comprehend them.

I’m sure @Pioneer1 did not read the articles. In fact I’d be willing to guess that he does not read all the articles he posts himself.

I'm commenting on the TITLE of the thread....regardless of the contents in it or the article.

I don't care if the article supports or refutes what I said, the assertion of the TITLE was wrong...period....and that was what I was addressing.

Genius doesn't equate to pattern recognition.

Troy

People will read headlines which are often misleading. 

for example the heading of this post stated that genius is pattern recognition. Neither article made that sole assertion nor did either article refute pioneer’s statement.

Exactly.

It's not my fault if Delano is trying to click-bait people into reading an article by posting an obviously inaccurate title for attention.
....it is what it is.

Cynique went back and forth with Stefan and some fool over the SECRET MEANING behind the title of her "superior race" thread and how it was a pun and play on words etc...((shakes head))

Look.
I can't waste time getting caught up in the psychological games these people play or their MOTIVATION behind them....I respond to what's written and keep it pushing, lol

ProfD

A part of genius is having the ability to recognize or envision patterns

...and that's why I said earlier that pattern recognition was one of the SIGNS of intelligence.
But as you pointed out, genius is much much more than mere pattern recognition.

Hell, a SQUIRREL can recognize patterns...which is why they come to the same park over and over again where humans feed them, lol.
Doesn't make them geniuses.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I can't waste time getting caught up in the psychological games these people play or their MOTIVATION behind them....I respond to what's written and keep it pushing,

This from somebody who just wasted his time bragging about and trying to justify the ill-advised practice of jumping to conclusions, commenting on something he. as usual, mistakenly thinks he's an expert on.

Cynique

If responding to what Delano ACTUALLY WROTE  (as opposed to trying to decipher some esoteric meaning behind his words or using a secret decoder ring to figure out what the hell he "really" means ) is "jumping to conclusions" then it is what it is.

When you know how to READ....you tend to do things like that, lol.

21 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

If responding to what Delano ACTUALLY WROTE  (as opposed to trying to decipher some esoteric meaning behind his words or using a secret decoder ring to figure out what the hell he "really" means ) is "jumping to conclusions" then it is what it is.

"...ain't got time to go back and forth with emotional little girls with nothing better to do than throw emotional tantrums on a Sunday afternoon."
@Pioneer1You will always find time to try and prove that you are never wrong. but you rarely convince anyone of your imagined infallibility no matter how you try.  😄 You're a joke. The only emotion you inspire is amusement. 🤣

People are already busy enough
....now they gotta STOP and take time to.....🤔-hmmm.... figure out what some idiot or schizophrenic "reeeeaaally" means when he/she babbles on the keyboard.

🤪 -Hey, snow turns green and catches fire as soon as it makes contact with the sidewalk!
But some of yall wouldn't understand that because you don't know how to think abstractly...see what I'm saying??

Go on somewhere with that mess.

"People" don't include you because you don't have a life.  You're disconneted from reality especially when it comes to yourself.  Your ego has you in its grip and has convinced you that you are something other than what you are, which is a mundane mope who takes himself muuuuch too seriously.  😆 

Pathetic ol pioneer is so transparent. His motives and tactics are so easy to see through.  After everybody voids what he thinks are brilliant assertions and rebuttals, he skulks off to lick his wounds, Then comes back, firing on all fours, sniping here, shooting blanks there, spouting the corny little retorts that he's been waiting to drop , re-posting  his tired ol visuals, barfing his half-baked opinions, all in an effort to show that he is not a wussy who's going to let people shut him down or deflate his withered "manhood".  Nosiree!  WOOOOOOO.   Are we skeered, - or what?

He's somewhere now, pickin' his nose, scratchin' his crotch', thinkin about inflating his blow-up doll, believing he has scored a coup.  NOT!   😅🤣😂

Just another day on the AALBC  "Culture, Race and Economy" discussion board.   Regulars:10, Pioneer:0.  

On 8/7/2022 at 12:46 PM, Pioneer1 said:

if responding to what Delano ACTUALLY WROTE  (as opposed to trying to decipher some esoteric meaning behind his words or using a secret decoder ring to figure out what the hell he "really" means ) is "jumping to conclusions" then it is what it is

@Pioneer1And what "it is", is that you could very easily avoid all of this aggravation if you realized that there are those who aren't interested in your input and wouldn't care if you bypassed their posts. Get over the idea that no conversation is compete unless you butt in, seizing the opportunity to show off how much you think you know. Unless toilet paper is requested, you don't need to roll out.

• Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to reading articles that people post,  I would never comment on an article, book, movie or anything without experiencing it.

Sometimes this does result in a waste of time; there was one poster here, who turned out to be a troll, that posted articles which purportedly supported an argument they were making.  Often the article refuted the person's argument. This always surprised me, but I guess if people really do not read articles you can get away with linking to articles that reject one's argument.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cynique said:

@Pioneer1And what "it is", is that you could very easily avoid all of this aggravation if you realized that there are those who aren't interested in your input and wouldn't care if you bypassed their posts..

Perhaps....
But YOU aren't one of them.

Infact, you keep an eye out for my posts like a hungry hawk.

Treasures from Our West: Ferruginous hawk specimen

"Now WHERE is that Pioneer1 at????
Why haven't I seen any posts of his lately?
Is he at work?
Over a woman's house?
I wonder is he somewhere thinking about me like I be thinking about him?
Where o' where could he be????
Just THINKING about him got my feathers all ruffled up."

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

"Now WHERE is that Pioneer1 at????
Why haven't I seen any posts of his lately?
Is he at work?
Over a woman's house?
I wonder is he somewhere thinking about me like I be thinking about him?
Where o' where could he be????
Just THINKING about him got my feathers all ruffled up."

Paranoia and delusions of grandeur are common symptom of people with serious personality disorders. They are convinced others find them impressive or appealing because this is what they imagine themselves to be. Hallucinations are also common in these types.  In addition, they believe they are being watched, and often report hearing voices inside their heads.  Individuals who exhibit this kind of behavior should seek professional help. Prescribed mediations can generally keep these psychoses under control. 

13 hours ago, Troy said:

guess I'm in the minority when it comes to reading articles that people post,  I would never comment on an article, book, movie or anything without experiencing it

Same here. @Troy I am very interested in reading this thread that @Delanostarted because I sort of think you are pretty smart yourself, Delano.

But since I haven't read it yet, I have not commented on the topic. I hope to come back to it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cynique said:

Smh GIF - Madeas Big Happy Family Tyler Perry Madea - Discover & Share GIFs

"Paranoia and delusions of grandeur are common symptom of people with serious personality disorders. They are convinced others find them impressive or appealing because this is what they imagine themselves to be. Hallucinations are also common in these types.  In addition, they believe they are being watched, and often report hearing voices inside their heads.  Individuals who exhibit this kind of behavior should seek professional help. Prescribed mediations can generally keep these psychoses under control. "

You left out narcissism, obsession, and stalking as well.

I wonder why......lol.

• Haha 2

On 8/9/2022 at 9:53 PM, Cynique said:

Paranoia and delusions of grandeur are common symptom of people with serious personality disorders. They are convinced others find them impressive or appealing because this is what they imagine themselves to be. Hallucinations are also common in these types.  In addition, they believe they are being watched, and often report hearing voices inside their heads.  Individuals who exhibit this kind of behavior should seek professional help. Prescribed mediations can generally keep these psychoses under control.

Narcissism, obsession, and stalking are also very common among  people like pioneer who is a textbook example of these conditions, not to mention  being a classic case of arrested development, exhibiting childish behavior, very inarticulate, lacking writing skills, relying on pictures to compensate for this. Especially when he is off his meds.  800770686_fatblackguy.jpg.7325c047d9d11f3070b555b08a63c39b.jpg 

Picture of himself sent to me by pioneer, hoping I would be impressed. I wasn't. 

• Haha 1