Black women and men

9 hours ago, Delano said:

Black women and men fight between ourselves over who has more of a right to freedom, instead of seeing each other's struggle as part of our own and vital to our common goals. Audrellorde

i don't agree with this Audre Lorde quote. It's not a contest for freedom, It's a contest for leadership.  Black men want to lead, despite the fact that they have not proven their leadership skills.  Black women don't want to to follow because they are too strong to bend to the demands  of incompetency. 

• Like 1

The fact that Black men are even COMPETING with let along fighting with their own women is a sad sign of how compromised and shameful the condition has become.

Most men don't "fight" with their own women collectively.
Individually there may be disagreements but collectively there is little friction.

Why?

Because in most communities the women RELY on the men to take care of them and protect the community.
In most communities women rely on the men to be the cops, the soldiers, the doctors, and to grow the food as well as provide the jobs.

In our (AfroAmerican) community, the Black women rely on WHITE MEN to do these things for them....not Black men.
Infact, most BLACK MEN also rely on White men for thier sustenance.
Looking at this....how much respect can a Black woman really have for Black men in general?

It's an interesting fight considering AfroAmerican men and women are in the same proverbial boat.

This power dynamic only seems to exist among  AfroAmericans.

Even the poorest men and women in other cultures do not seem to struggle over leadership. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

It's an interesting fight considering AfroAmerican men and women are in the same proverbial boat.

😎

@ProfDAre they? One of my daughter's white male coworkers told her it is currently "a black woman's market", that they have usurped both white and black men, in America's mid corporate  "power dynamic".  

If black men could be a fly on the wall in a room full of single young black women, their ears would burn. Maybe it's all a part of a grand plan. Both sexes dating out of their race, may produce a generation of bi-racial children, who will eventually mate with each other.  Where is it written that this should not be the case?  These hybrids may very possibly produce a new race which embodies the best of both/all races, and color will become irrelevant. The same with sexual orientation.  Change is inevitable. And time has sped up. 

Another thing that causes division between AfroAmerican men and women is how they are treated by law enforcement.

Time after time I know of and have heard of stories where Black women have stabbed or shot Black men only to serve little or no time in jail and in some cases not even be arrested.
Rarely does this happen the other way around.

AfroAmerican women are often let off the hook for crimes committed against AfroAmerican men that if they did the same thing to a White man or woman would have been prosecuted for.

Cynique

One of my daughter's white male coworkers told her it is currently "a black woman's market", that they have usurped both white and black men,

This is propaganda being whispered in the ears of Black women to gas them up and DECEIVE them into thinking they have finally "arrived" at some seat of power in a market they don't even control.

It's designed to cause FURTHER division between Black men and women.

Most White men (and most Black people with common sense) clearly see that White men for the most part STILL control the economics of this nation and decides who gets the money and positions and how much OF it.  

The fact that they can pick and choose who they give jobs to versus who they incarcerate gives you an idea of their plans.

These hybrids may very possibly produce a new race which embodies the best of both/all races, and color will become irrelevant. 

We already have this.
It's called the LATINO community, and it's even more confused and divided than the AfroAmerican community!

Because they are so racially mixed, most of them don't know who the hell they are or what to identify as and end up ignoring the most of their Black population.

It doesn't matter what happens AMONG AfroAmericans....most White people will still know who they are and many will still try to preserve their integrity.

• Like 1

@Cynique, IMO, regardless of how the mixed race population grows they will still be seen as people of color and treated accordingly. Same goes for any minority group.

One of the benefits affirmative action was to further divide AfroAmerican men and women.

Providing opportunities to and promoting AfroAmerican women at a greater rate would insure instability in their relationship with AfroAmerican men. 

The system knew that AfroAmerican women as breadwinners would make it harder for them to meet equally yoked AfroAmerican men leading to a power dynamic in a household.

Most definitely, AfroAmerican women could turn to non-AfroAmerican men in order to create balanced households based on incomes.

However, AfroAmerican women won't control the power dynamic in that relationship because non-AfroAmerican men are raised to be the head and not the tail.

Similarly, AfroAmerican men could turn to non-AfroAmerican women with whom they are less likely to encounter a power dynamic because of how non-AfroAmerican women are raised. 

Several years ago, the US allowed a mixed race man to become POTUS and serve the maximum number of years. It didn't move the needle one bit towards a colorblind society.

White supremacists have mastered dominating other groups regardless of their population size. I doubt that will change in my lifetime. 😎

• Like 1

ProfD

Not sure what complexion you are but I'm considered light-skinned (more like T I's color) and Cynique is very light skinned.
If she were honest (yeah right....lol) she would agree with me that most light skinned AfroAmericans have a slight sense of superiority over most darker skinned AfroAmericans that has been bred into us by our favorable treatment BY other AfroAmericans.

This goes for mixed raced AfroAmericans as well as most light skinned people in general.

Many if not most AfroAmericans see light skinned/mixed people are more attractive, more "beautiful" and even smarter and just plain "better".
This isn't always a CONSCIOUS mentality either, many subconsciously believe this from generations of indoctrination.

Just like a lot of White people say racist shit about Black people when they think we aren't around, a lot of mixed raced and light skinned people will criticize and even make fun of darker skinned Black people when they aren't around and even see them as more disgusting. 

And it seems that for the past 20 years the OLD practice of marrying and mating between two light skinned/mixed raced people are making a comeback.
Something I thought we did away with in the 60s.

@Pioneer1, my complexion is  dark-skinned...no confusion.😁

I'm that n8gga white folks loathe and love for several reasons.  But, knock on wood, I've only gotten mad love from my fellow AfroAmericans across the skin tone spectrum for as many reasons.

I've written about how the Willie Lynch syndrome has affected AfroAmericans over several hundred years and counting. 

Skin color is one of the attributes that has been used to divide and conquer AfroAmericans.

Doesn't matter. We're all still prisoners of war.

Then, we have nerve to be fighting over who makes the most bread crumbs and who should get the biggest piece of chicken in the prison. 😎

I believe the Willie Lynch letter was real, however the older I get and the more I observe Black people across generations....I wonder how much of the division I see among Black people was CAUSED by the racists....and how much was caused by US and just TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF by the racists....lol.

Both as a kid and as an adult I saw little AfroAmerican children fighting and quarrelling with each other over silly shit that causes unnecessary division with apparently not a White person in sight to initiate it.  It appeared to initiate from WITHIN the community itself.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:47 AM, Cynique said:

Black men want to lead, despite the fact that they have not proven their leadership skills.  Black women don't want to to follow because they are too strong to bend to the demands  of incompetency. 

@CyniqueI remember that you said you were married, so I know exactly what you mean!

I love my husband, but he is NOT perfect and then at times, he tries to lead me... I totally freak out! 

But then too, I know I am far from perfect.

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Because in most communities the women RELY on the men to take care of them and protect the community.

Absolutely @Pioneer1 but the problem is that historically, when it comes to us, have not Black men failed?

In our (AfroAmerican) community, the Black women rely on WHITE MEN to do these things for them....not Black men.

Yes, and I think this aspect has led us into a downward spiral. Just as the beginning of this thread suggested,

"we need to see this struggle as part of our own and start looking back towards each other." -- 

This should be a collective desire. 

Looking at this....how much respect can a Black woman really have for Black men in general?

or vice versa?

We had a culture. Every other peoples also formed cultures, but ours was invaded.

3 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Absolutely @Pioneer1 but the problem is that historically, when it comes to us, have not Black men failed?

Collectively speaking, so far AfroAmerican men have indeed failed their women in terms of adequately protecting and providing for them in this society.

We can make all the excuses we want to make ourselves feel better, however the facts are the facts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ProfD said:

This power dynamic only seems to exist among  AfroAmericans.

Even the poorest men and women in other cultures do not seem to struggle over leadership. 😎

So true. @ProfD

I believe that we have been infiltrated and encouraged to strive for leadership against each other a long time ago and some of us don't want to accept accountability.

I strongly believe that both Black men and Black women share the blame for the division.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It doesn't matter what happens AMONG AfroAmericans....most White people will still know who they are and many will still try to preserve their integrity.

Truth!

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Collectively speaking, so far AfroAmerican men have indeed failed...

On all fronts. Only AfroAmerican men can unify and protect our people. We've allowed white supremacy to keep us divided. It's not that we don't know any better. We're just not doing enough to overcome it.

IMO, we have no idea of how the effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) caused by slavery could have been passed down to and could be the source of all forms of dysfunction among AfroAmericans.😎 

You all speak of the past in the present. Your explanations and suspicions and accusations about the  black dilemma are familiar ones. Familiar because I have been hearing them for over 50 years. How ironic that  I, in the course of counting down to my 89th birthday in 4 days, speak of the future. You don't have to be a seer to predict that change is going to come. The changes may not be what you expect or what you desire but that doesn't mean they won't be for the better. Society will  transform itself through adjustments. Skin color requires no high tech science to change. Sexual fluidity is a natural form of population control.  Survival is about evolving. That's not opinion, that's reality.

But believe whatever makes you comfortable. Makes me no difference. Why should it???

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cynique said:

You all speak of the past in the present. Your explanations and suspicions and accusations about the  black dilemma are familiar ones. Familiar because I have been hearing them for over 50 years. How ironic that  I, in the course of counting down to my 89th birthday in 4 days, speak of the future.

Society will  transform itself through adjustments. Skin color requires no high tech science to change. Sexual fluidity is a natural form of population control.  Survival is about evolving. That's not opinion, that's reality.

But believe whatever makes you comfortable. Makes me no difference. Why should it???

@Cynique, you're right especially considering you've heard some form of the same thing for well over a half century and counting.

Instead of being delusional and/or wasting our keystrokes pontificating about what would make life better for AfroAmericans, it probably does make more sense to acquiesce to the status quo and let the chips fall.

I'll wait until your b'day arrives before officially recognizing and hoping it's a happy one. 😎

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Delano said:

Delusions inspire hope, what's the corollary for Truth?

I'm not so sure that "truth" isn't a delusion.

49 minutes ago, ProfD said:

you're right especially considering you've heard some form of the same thing for well over a half century and counting.

Instead of being delusional and/or wasting our keystrokes pontificating about what would make life better for AfroAmericans, it probably does make more sense to acquiesce to the status quo and let the chips fall.

I'll wait until your b'day arrives before officially recognizing and hoping it's a happy one

@ProfDWell, my dear, you are one of the reasons, I was flabbergasted that pioneer would think HE would be who I would single out to admire from afar - if I was so inclined. 😉😄

• Haha 1

ProfD

IMO, we have no idea of how the effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) caused by slavery could have been passed down to and could be the source of all forms of dysfunction among AfroAmericans.

While slavery has had a profoundly negative effect on AfroAmericans in terms of out culture and behavior.....I still put much of the blame on low IQ, lol.

Too many stupid people are in our ranks.

We need to separate ourselves from them and build our own private communities to see real progress.

Cynique

Survival is about evolving. 

Or having enough intelligence to acquire and secure resources that allow you to maintain YOUR way of life without having to "evolve" or change.

The more resources you own and control, the less likely you are to be influenced and manipulated by others outside your community.

26 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Or having enough intelligence to acquire and secure resources that allow you to maintain YOUR way of life without having to "evolve" or change.

The more resources you own and control, the less likely you are to be influenced and manipulated by others outside your community.

That's beside the point.  Millennials and GenZers are the vanguard of the future, and they are who will determine what the future of Society will be like.  Their mindsets and lifestyles are already changing and they are why the future will be different from the present. Your generation will become the past. 

In general, Black women and Black men work towards freedom together.  Statistics (numbers) and Labels (reporting agencies like HHR, CDC, Census et al) have data to support our unified movement.  However. our “feelings” tell a different story. Feelings make people behave contrary to the own well-being.  Consider some men who “feel” inadequate and leave or hurt their families Just recently, a  Black women, mother of six was murdered by her children’s father Raymond Thompson. He  told Philadelphia authorities  he believed she was cheating on him. He allowed his emotions to cloud his mind and stabbed her more than 18 times while she sat in the car with him. 

She had a restraining order against him but her family said she wanted to continue building a home with him and their six daughters.   I just added the father’s name because she wasn’t the only mother of 6 in Philly murdered recently.

Sadly, reporting agencies ( Justice Department / CDC), also state, per capita, Black women are more likely to be killed by their Black spouses/ partners than any other ethnic group. Whereas intimate partner murders rank 1 - 1.4 out of 100,000 for other groups, Black and First Nation women rank 4.4 - 4.3 per 100,000, respectively. Also noted. possibly by surviving family members, Black women rarely report domestic violence most likely to keep Black men out of the prison system.  

So, no matter how we “feel” about unity between Black women and men, the numbers show Black women  are “ride and/or die” when it comes to Black men.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 5:27 AM, Cynique said:

One of my daughter's white male coworkers told her it is currently "a black woman's market", that they have usurped both white and black men, in America's mid corporate  "power dynamic".  

White have been bitching about this since the days of affirmative action...this is a tired notion expressed by white men who feel they are not getting their due.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:01 AM, Pioneer1 said:

In our (AfroAmerican) community, the Black women rely on WHITE MEN to do these things for them....not Black men.Infact, most BLACK MEN also rely on White men for thier sustenance.

The white man's ice has been colder for a long time and until it is not we will be in this predicament. The reality is in many cases the white mans ice is colder, so we have to be very intentional about investing in Black business, for example, and give them an opportunity to develop and be on par with white businesses.

We will never be free to lead until we have economic freedom. No one will hand Black people this we have to do this for ourselves. 

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I believe the Willie Lynch letter was real,

The Willie Lynch Letter has been thoroughly debunked, but the "syndrome" may be real.

16 hours ago, Cynique said:

...in the course of counting down to my 89th birthday in 4 days,

Hey if I overlook the milestone, Have a Very happy Birthday Cynique. I remember correcting be for referring to you as an octogenarian, and now you are a year shy of being beyond that 😉

2 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

So, no matter how we “feel” about unity between Black women and men, the numbers show Black women  are “ride and/or die” when it comes to Black men.

Hummm....Have you looked at where Black people choose to spend and invest their money?  Or even where they spend their time online? I think you many arrive at a different conclusion. 

Now I'm not talking about us... Anyone posting here could be spending their time on facebook or instagram. I'm talking about the Black folks you don't even consider visiting and engaging with a Black site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Troy said:

We will never be free to lead until we have economic freedom. No one will hand Black people this we have to do this for ourselves.

Black people and the homeless define the bottom.

If you get the chance read the book 

Faces at the Bottom of the Well. - Derrick Bell

@Troy I had the chance to go to his book signing. Unfortunately I no longer have the book.

Space Traders is the story that stands out for me.

Black men should lead is similar to White men should rule. We couldet the most competent rule or we could try cooperation.

Thoughts?

Cooperation and individual rule requires competence.  Selecting the most competent is virtually impossible whether it is search engine or election results. Market forces, pardon the pun, trumps competence.

We need to to universally provide for people's most basic needs healthcare, housing, education, and food.  Once this is done, getting competent individuals or groups to lead would be much easier.  Today people are so easily manipulated because their is so much need and so much intellectual immaturity

As evidenced by history, leadership does not require a significant degree of competence or knowledge. 

Leaders surround themselves with people capable of fulfilling their agenda and enforcing the rules. 

The Pareto principle more commonly know as the 80/20 rule applies to most everything. 

IMO, leadership which is having the ability to make people get things done (cooperate and produce) is a higher quality trait.

It only takes a handful (20%) of leaders to produce desirable outcomes from the masses (80%). 😎

Cynique

That's beside the point.  Millennials and GenZers are the vanguard of the future, and they are who will determine what the future of Society will be like.

Their mindsets and lifestyles are already changing and they are why the future will be different from the present. 

Is it that their minds and lifestyles are "changing" or are they being "CHANGED" by maniplation?

Your generation will become the past.

THIS is my generation, and yours too.

As long as we're living, we are in "our" generation.

@Mel Hopkins

Consider some men who “feel” inadequate and leave or hurt their families Just recently, a  Black women, mother of six was murdered by her children’s father Raymond Thompson. He  told Philadelphia authorities  he believed she was cheating on him. He allowed his emotions to cloud his mind and stabbed her more than 18 times while she sat in the car with him. 

I've heard more and more stories like this over the past 10 years and past 2 years in particular.
I'm convinced that most of it comes from our current proximity to White folks.  Just living around them, engaging in their diet and behaviors, watching so much of their entertainment.

When we were more segregated we had our own problems but you didn't hear about crap like this coming from OUR community. 
When you heard or read about it, you could almost count on it being a problem between White folks.
Not today though.

....OH, and that fake weed so many of them are smoking today is making things even worse.

Sadly, reporting agencies ( Justice Department / CDC), also state, per capita, Black women are more likely to be killed by their Black spouses/ partners than any other ethnic group. Whereas intimate partner murders rank 1 - 1.4 out of 100,000 for other groups, Black and First Nation women rank 4.4 - 4.3 per 100,000, respectively. Also noted. possibly by surviving family members, Black women rarely report domestic violence most likely to keep Black men out of the prison system

I would think that the murder and overall domestic violence rate against women would be MUCH higher among Latinos than among AfroAmericans.
Mexican men often routinely beat and even murder their women.

I know this from years of living on the Westcoast.

They dog their women out.

Troy

The reality is in many cases the white mans ice is colder, so we have to be very intentional about investing in Black business, for example, and give them an opportunity to develop and be on par with white businesses.

Absolutely

Too many Black businesses like to cut corners and do business in a "tacky" sort of way that lowers the quality of their product or service.

While we can blame this on a lack of funding in many cases, in many others it's simply shoddy inventory and shitty customer service.

ProfD

As evidenced by history, leadership does not require a significant degree of competence or knowledge

Correct.
Just Charisma.

But a GOOD leader would be competent and knowledgeable.

@Chevdove

But Oh Gosh! I'm interested.

"Gosh"????

🤭Come on now sis...lol.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Is it that their minds and lifestyles are "changing" or are they being "CHANGED" by maniplation?

Change is change. Young people are receptive to what's new and different. Everybody is not stagnant, stuck in a time warp.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

THIS is my generation, and yours too.

As long as we're living, we are in "our" generation.

i am NOT of the same generation as Millennials or Gen Zers. We have very little in common because of the huge age gap. 

Cynique

Change is change. Young people are receptive to what's new and different. Everybody is not stagnant, stuck in a time warp.

And stupid is stupid.
...whether you were BORN that way or ended up that way.

Young people are receptive to what's new because most of the time they DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER.

Most youth don't have the wisdom and maturity that comes from a developed and stable mind so they tend to be more easily influenced and manipulated by things an older person has seen before and knows better than to fall for.

i am NOT of the same generation as Millennials or Gen Zers. We have very little in common because of the huge age gap. 

I'm gonna say it again because you are what you are; whether you were BORN that way or ENDED UP that way, lol.

As long as we're living, we are in OUR generation!

ANY GENERATION YOU'RE LIVING IN IS YOUR GENERATION

If you are alive and your faculties work you see  what young people are seeing, you taste what they taste, you hear what they hear.  Your PERSPECTIVE may be different but you are in the same society on the same planet.

You're using the Western concept of generation and I'm using a universal concept.

59 minutes ago, Cynique said:

We have very little in common because of the huge age gap

Exactly which is why it's called a generation gap. We are part of the same era but we come from different generations.

46 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

You're using the Western concept of generation and I'm using a universal concept.

You can't have a productive discussion if you have your own definitions of words.

Maybe forget about having a"High Intellect Forum" until you can use standard or widely accepted  definitions of terms. Please note I am not saying you have to change, but doing so would facilitate clearer communication. Unless obscuration is part of your strategy in discussions 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

ANY GENERATION YOU'RE LIVING IN IS YOUR GENERATION

I'm sorry man it does not work that way.  You are identified with the generation your were born into.  I, for example, am a young baby boomer.  most of my children are millennials, and kids born this century are Gen Z. Get it?

• Like 1

@Pioneer1, as we say in the hood "you tried it" with that generation definition or leap. 🤣

If there is an age difference of 20 years or more, it's a different generation.

IMO, it's a very cool thing to have generational separation because it gives us a living historical perspective.  

However, not to be ageist but I don't agree with people over 70 years old running the country. I think they should be consultants sought out for knowledge, wisdom and guidance...if they have any left. 

But, there is no reason for POTUS Papa Joe Biden to be falling asleep at the podium while trying to read the teleprompter and stumbling around nor should Rep. Nancy Pelosi be modeling her outfits as Speaker of the House.🤣

H8ll, there's a reason our social security system provides full benefits at 67 years old.  😁😎

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 10:29 AM, ProfD said:

H8ll, there's a reason our social security system provides full benefits at 67 years old.  😁😎

Edited Thursday at 10:56 AM by ProfD

AARP welcomes you into its ranks at age 50! 🙄 But - age is just a number, I keep telling myself. 😬

18 hours ago, Cynique said:

AARP welcomes you into its ranks at age 50! 🙄 But - age is just a number, I keep telling myself. 😬

I keep hearing age is just a number. I'm starting to believe it considering the goofy sh8t people do.

I wonder how low AARP will drop the age requirement in order to increase their membership and billion dollar revenue.😁

I found a hilarious line that AARP mainly appeals to people who love discounts. 🤣😎

• 7 months later...
On 8/14/2022 at 8:53 AM, Pioneer1 said:

ProfD

Not sure what complexion you are but I'm considered light-skinned (more like T I's color) and Cynique is very light skinned.
If she were honest (yeah right....lol) she would agree with me that most light skinned AfroAmericans have a slight sense of superiority over most darker skinned AfroAmericans that has been bred into us by our favorable treatment BY other AfroAmericans.

This goes for mixed raced AfroAmericans as well as most light skinned people in general.

Many if not most AfroAmericans see light skinned/mixed people are more attractive, more "beautiful" and even smarter and just plain "better".
This isn't always a CONSCIOUS mentality either, many subconsciously believe this from generations of indoctrination.

Just like a lot of White people say racist shit about Black people when they think we aren't around, a lot of mixed raced and light skinned people will criticize and even make fun of darker skinned Black people when they aren't around and even see them as more disgusting. 

And it seems that for the past 20 years the OLD practice of marrying and mating between two light skinned/mixed raced people are making a comeback.
Something I thought we did away with in the 60s.

@Chevdove

Is this what you meant? This explains a lot. 

It's always a conscious belief of superiority. No one is indoctrinating you to be colorist against your own. I'm brown, and was disgusted by how some dark skinned men thought I was pretty because I was closer to being " white ". One even said I had a pointy nose like it was a compliment.

I guess @Pioneer1 being light skinned gives him a preference for white skinned people harassing us darker and "more disgusting" folks. 

No excuses.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpeakHerTruth said:

I guess @Pioneer1 being light skinned gives him a preference for white skinned people harassing us darker and "more disgusting" folks. 

No excuses.

Yes! You found it! @SpeakHerTruth He's mentioned this a few other times. And just like you expressed:

no excuses!

We AfroAmericans express different shades and like you, I had similar statements at times coming from darker skinned Black men about having 'European traits'! 

Our people have been so oppressed though and sometimes we attribute beauty to our oppressors. 

@Pioneer1 sat back and let racist white males attack and then came into the d*mn room and starts attacking Black women for defending themselves!?

And here, he is expressing Color superiority but I think he may also have a gender issue too, cause I can't believe he would try to include @Cynique in on this. She is thourough and have spoken on this subject before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chevdove said:

Yes! You found it! @SpeakHerTruth He's mentioned this a few other times. And just like you expressed:

no excuses!

We AfroAmericans express different shades and like you, I had similar statements at times coming from darker skinned Black men about having 'European traits'! 

Our people have been so oppressed though and sometimes we attribute beauty to our oppressors. 

@Pioneer1 sat back and let racist white males attack and then came into the d*mn room and starts attacking Black women for defending themselves!?

And here, he is expressing Color superiority but I think he may also have a gender issue too, cause I can't believe he would try to include @Cynique in on this. She is thourough and have spoken on this subject before. 

It's very odd what he's expressing like it's a given that light skinned people are so stuck up. I know light skinned people who are, but also know plenty who'd never turn their nose up at anyone darker then them. They still know they are black and the same can be done in an instant by someone white to them. I still believe light skinned men tend to show the least colorism but idk about @Pioneer1. He musta fell through the cracks. 😂

Then trying to blame his attitude on people treating him better because he's light. Oh brother.

You are an adult. If you treat people bad because others treat you better, you are an ass. And that's 100% on you. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 9:53 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Side bar: someone i know describes me as light skinned. I actually take offense to the comment and argued the point the first time they mentioned it. Over time they’ve continued to describe me as such, i no longer concert then a “friend.” 

Am I light skinned? Have i been in denial all my life? 

@Pioneer1 in the video Rock make the point that you wanna know how people really feel. Which amplifies my point about listening to racists.  Don’t you ever listen to Fox News? 🙂

Troy

Not sure who keeps telling you that you're light skinned.
You're not light skinned OR dark skinned but BROWN skinned....in the middle.

I guess it really depends on who you're being compared to though.
Compared to some South Sudanese, I guess you'd be considered light skinned because they are so very dark.
But among AfroAmericans.....no.

Unless you have one of those "two toned" bodies where your head and face are one color but when you take your clothes off your body is 10 shades lighter....lol.
I ran into a woman like that a year ago.....LOL.

She tried to fool people by putting a lot of make-up on her bosoms....lol....but when them clothes came off....damn.

Other than that, you're medium complexioned.

As far as Fox News goes.......
I only WATCH Fox News....literally with the sound off....for the women.
Since the channel is more for entertainment than serious journalism, they have more attractive women in sexy outfits than any other news channel on cable so yes I do watch them from time to time for the sexual aspect.
However when I want a TRULY Conservative and traditionally Republican perspective.....which Fox News is not....I'll check out CNBC or get online and hit up NewMax, Drudge Report, or  a number of other truly Conservative outlets.
Fox News is far from true Conservatism.

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

You're not light skinned OR dark skinned but BROWN skinned....in the middle.

yeah that is what i thought too 🙂

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Fox News is far from true Conservatism.

I agree they do conservatism a disservice, but they are feed racists, xenophobes, etc, so it is good to hear what they are saying from time to time.

• Thanks 1